Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sarmad17

Iran Unveils Home-built Combat Drone

Rate this topic

http://www.presstv.com/detail/139629.html

Iran unveils home-built combat drone

Iran unveils its first domestically-manufactured long-range Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) in a ceremony marking Defense Industry Day in the country.

The unveiling of the home-made drone, named Karrar took place in the presence of Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and a number of defense officials.

The Karrar UAV is capable of carrying a military payload of rockets to carry out bombing missions against ground targets. It is also capable of flying long distances at a very high speed.

Iran's defense industries have demonstrated spectacular progress in the recent year, launching numerous domestically-built armaments, including aerial and sea-borne military vehicles such as submarines, combat frigates, and various types of missiles.

Iran inaugurated the production line of two domistically-built UAVs with bombing and reconnaissance capabilities.

The two hi-tech drones named 'Ra'd' (Thunder) and 'Nazir' (Harbinger) are capable of performing long-range reconnaissance, patrolling, assault and bombing missions with high precision.

Ra'd, a UAV especially designed for assault and bombing missions, has the capability to destroy specific targets with high precision.

Tehran established an arms development program during the 1980-88 war that Iraq waged against Iran to counter the weapons embargo imposed on it by the US and its Western allies. Since 1992, Iran has manufactured its own tanks, armored personnel carriers, missiles and fighter planes.

Iran successfully tested a home-made radar-evading UAV with bombing capabilities in June 2009.

In 2008, the Islamic Republic's Defense Industries launched production lines of two home-built fighter jets, namely Saeqeh (Thunderbolt) and Azarakhsh (Lightening).

You cant compare the Heron to this new Karrar because they are very different types of UAV/Drones. The Heron is designed for long range and loitering time not speed along the same lines as the Predator drone was designed for. The Karrar has a layout more like a target drone which are designed for speed primarily.

Are they as good as Israeli Heron? Any expert here?

Its a V1 rocket ( doodlebug ) basically, 1940's technology. You can see it has no landing gear from the pictures of it, unless Ahmadinejad plans to stand out in a field and grab it as it flies past :lol:

Its a V1 rocket

I was going to write about its striking resemblance with the WWII German V1 flying bomb. ^^

ou can see it has no landing gear from the pictures of it, unless Ahmadinejad plans to stand out in a field and grab it as it flies past

Maybe it has a parachute. Doesn't matter that much imho, since its for deterrence.

Anyway, a heartfelt congratulations to Iran. ^^

Now, get those fighter jets manufactured guys. Do not underestimate air superiority. ^^

In His Name, the Most High

Salaams

It is nothing like a V1 bomber. The German V1 bomber was a blind device; it didn't have the ability to be guided. This is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) - it is controlled from the ground, it can course correct and is significantly more efficient and powerful than a V1, and is infact technologically more advanced the US Raptor UAV drones and on a par with the Zionist Heron UAV device.

The "Karrar" UAV was developed from the get-go as a weapon; and is not a recconiscience device modified - meaning a lot more thought has been given to it especially for aerial combat and manoeuvrability.

I really don't understand why, when Islamic Iran develops a new home-grown weapon; there are always some people who want to try and diminish the importance and excellence of their work? Subhan Allah. This is a country under the most crippling sanctions and massive embargo, and it is able to build the most advanced weapons using the most advanced technology without any assistance from any third party. Why are they under sanctions and embargo? For no reason than their reliance on Allah and commitment to Islam. Yet, sadly many many Muslims - even some who allege they are from the Shia, can do nothing more than badmouth Islamic Iran, and come out with all manner of allegations and not even remotely support it even with a dua' for it's protection?! What is wrong with some of you people - always with the badmouthing - I've yet to see ONE time when many of the people here have a good thing to say about Iran! When an American contractor builds a fancy hotel in Occupied Iraq - everyone is out there throwing a party - but when Islamic Iran - alone in the world carrying the flag of the true Islam of Muhammad(S), makes massive breakthroughs in technology - breakthroughs that have taken decades for the enemies to make; we don't even have the ability to say 7amdu lillah 7amdu lillah 7amdu lillah that Allah has assisted Islamic Iran and has given it success.

Shameful, really, shameful!

I'm not just speaking of this thread; but the general mode of the so-called "shias". Also; my reference is not to the post by my respected Abu Dujana - just a general observation on the stance of MOST of the subscribers of this and other forums. Pathetic. Always first to badmouth, and never to congratulate or make a positive dua' for. Shame shame on the lot of you. Truely most pathetic.

Insha Allah that helps.

With Salaams and Dua's

Shabbir

Are they as good as Israeli Heron? Any expert here?

Salaams

The Zionist Heron was originally built primarily a reconnaissance device that has had weapons modifications added at a later stage.

It must also be understood; that the Karrar has a declared range of 1000km - it more than likely has a real range of more. Yes it can reach the ZIonist Entity.

You might find the information here useful: http://www.irandefence.net/showthread.php?t=60651

With Salaams and Dua's

Shabbir

Edited by shabbir.hassanally

The German V1 was a pulse engine driven vehicle with a gyroscope as its only input for where it should go.

You're comparing what that, with an Iranian vehicle that has more than 100 censors, a jet engine, and advanced programming that allow it not only to strike and return over hundreds of km's, but target land, sea and air vehicles. I don't really know where to begin with your ignorance. But I have already told you before...

Edited by Haji 2003
You should not have told him before, or this time or in future (please)

Its a V1 rocket ( doodlebug ) basically, 1940's technology. You can see it has no landing gear from the pictures of it, unless Ahmadinejad plans to stand out in a field and grab it as it flies past :lol:

Yeah, just like all Iranian missiles are Nodong? Just like Iran launched a satellite into space with North Korean technical assistance? (Never mind that the Koreans themselves -- both North and South -- have failed in their own attempts to launch a satellite).

Anyway guy, this is a drone, not a rocket. And unmanned bombers are not 1940's technology, they are fairly new.

For about a century, this is how the imperialists have dealt with the countries they don't like: they treat them with the worst malevolence, all the while trying their hardest to SEEM ambivalent; to SEEM like this country is just some Turd World ....hole that doesn't even deserve the attention of you free, civilized nations.

You won't get anywhere by continuing to dismiss everything Iran produces as technically backward.

I don't know much about military hardware, but I know enough to know that you are wrong. You probably just read that on strategypage or on some dumb military forum filled with xenophobic, bloodlust-driven teens and decided to re-post it here to "bring [us] Iranians down a peg."

Arman has already pointed out the differences between the two, but I will add my own two cents just for fun. From what I know about the V-1, it:

- Did not have a jet engine

- Had no guidance system

- Was launched, and hit its "target" only when it ran out of fuel

- Was (obviously) not meant to return

So it was a very crude cruise missile. The first cruise missile ever produced. Anyone who has read any newspaper within the past 6-7 years knows that Iran already produces many ballistic and cruise missiles (Shahab, Zelzal, Sejjil, Ghiam, etc.). So Iran already produces many types of missiles which serve the same function as the V-1 but are technically superior. So I ask you: why would Iran produce a V-1?

What makes people like you make this comparison? Is it the basic shape of the V-1? Is that of any significance? This is what it looked like:

V1-20040830.jpg

You can easily make the comparison between the V-1 and every drone ever produced if you are simply putting pictures next to each other.

Case in point: I guess the US Air Force is also using 1940's German technology!

mqm-107d.jpg

Come to think of it, have you ever looked at a picture of an M-1 Abrams tank next to a German King Tiger tank?

JHC-0817-lg.jpg

34412.jpg

ZOMG!!!! The M-1 Abrams is actually 1940's German technology!!!!

You see what I mean? Anyone can come to any half-baked, retarded, intellectually bankrupt, condescending, BS conclusion he wishes to come to if he simply puts two pictures next to one another.

Interestingly enough, when the president gave a speech at the Karrar inauguration ceremony, he said to the Western imperialists that if they wanted to hold talks, they would have to have their pride hurt and treat Iran as an equal. And as we can see by your comments, that won't be happening any time soon. The same prejudices that are held by people such as yourself are surely also held by Western policymakers. They simply do not accept Iran's capacity to make progress in technological fields any more than they accept Iran as a free, independent nation.

BTW since you asked about the landing gear: I believe it will land using a parachute. But your joke was very funny. :dry:

Ya Ali

Edited by baradar_jackson

Yeah, just like all Iranian missiles are Nodong? Just like Iran launched a satellite into space with North Korean technical assistance? (Never mind that the Koreans themselves -- both North and South -- have failed in their own attempts to launch a satellite).

Anyway guy, this is a drone, not a rocket. And unmanned bombers are not 1940's technology, they are fairly new.

Ryan Firebee was around in 1955, and had a jet engine.

For about a century, this is how the imperialists have dealt with the countries they don't like: they treat them with the worst malevolence, all the while trying their hardest to SEEM ambivalent; to SEEM like this country is just some Turd World ....hole that doesn't even deserve the attention of you free, civilized nations.

You won't get anywhere by continuing to dismiss everything Iran produces as technically backward.

I don't know much about military hardware, but I know enough to know that you are wrong. You probably just read that on strategypage or on some dumb military forum filled with xenophobic, bloodlust-driven teens and decided to re-post it here to "bring [us] Iranians down a peg."

Not technically backward, but technically still many years behind the major superpowers when it comes to weapons and rocket development. Yes they way outspend Iran, but its fair to say their technology is also far superior as a result of that. This UAV may be a great success for Iran, but for some on here to start claiming its better than the latest US UAVs, based on a picture and a video showing flying in a straight line, and not yet landing or using a parachute to do so, is also unwise. The US one's have been field tested in combat and shown to be very effective. Unfair to say something is better until its proven itself in battle.

Arman has already pointed out the differences between the two, but I will add my own two cents just for fun. From what I know about the V-1, it:

- Did not have a jet engine

- Had no guidance system

- Was launched, and hit its "target" only when it ran out of fuel

- Was (obviously) not meant to return

The jet engine that the Iranian UAV has will make it very noisy, and UAV's for surveillance should fly very high and very quiet and be able to loiter over the area for a long time, wait for target and fire missile's and return home. The dynamic's of the Iranian one means it noisy, extremely fast, and will have a very large turning circle due to short wings to circle back over the target, and wont stay in the air for very long, unlike up to 45+ hours for other UAV's.

So it was a very crude cruise missile. The first cruise missile ever produced. Anyone who has read any newspaper within the past 6-7 years knows that Iran already produces many ballistic and cruise missiles (Shahab, Zelzal, Sejjil, Ghiam, etc.). So Iran already produces many types of missiles which serve the same function as the V-1 but are technically superior. So I ask you: why would Iran produce a V-1?

Well this missile would allow it to have it direction changed based on what it can see.

What makes people like you make this comparison? Is it the basic shape of the V-1? Is that of any significance? This is what it looked like:

V1-20040830.jpg

You can easily make the comparison between the V-1 and every drone ever produced if you are simply putting pictures next to each other.

Case in point: I guess the US Air Force is also using 1940's German technology!

Not quite

MQ-9_Reaper_CBP.jpg

mqm-107d.jpg

Come to think of it, have you ever looked at a picture of an M-1 Abrams tank next to a German King Tiger tank?

JHC-0817-lg.jpg

34412.jpg

ZOMG!!!! The M-1 Abrams is actually 1940's German technology!!!!

You see what I mean? Anyone can come to any half-baked, retarded, intellectually bankrupt, condescending, BS conclusion he wishes to come to if he simply puts two pictures next to one another.

The tank was near perfect design from the start, all it needed was higher speed, better armour, and more accurate and powerful firing.

Interestingly enough, when the president gave a speech at the Karrar inauguration ceremony, he said to the Western imperialists that if they wanted to hold talks, they would have to have their pride hurt and treat Iran as an equal. And as we can see by your comments, that won't be happening any time soon. The same prejudices that are held by people such as yourself are surely also held by Western policymakers. They simply do not accept Iran's capacity to make progress in technological fields any more than they accept Iran as a free, independent nation.

It is technological progress, but you can use the same argument that some people will claim its already superior technology to what the US has, and like some leaders saying their nation has a far higher IQ than others, hence not treating others as equals.

BTW since you asked about the landing gear: I believe it will land using a parachute. But your joke was very funny. :dry:

Ya Ali

Not yet shown in the videos of its use. If they are going to release all the specs, and some here are talking about all the specs, then why not show a video of it taking off, circling high over targets and video of its feedback and various sensors, and show it accurately attacking targets and returning using its parachute. I'm sure those tests must of been done?

Salaams

It is nothing like a V1 bomber. The German V1 bomber was a blind device; it didn't have the ability to be guided. This is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) - it is controlled from the ground, it can course correct and is significantly more efficient and powerful than a V1, and is infact technologically more advanced the US Raptor UAV drones and on a par with the Zionist Heron UAV device.

The "Karrar" UAV was developed from the get-go as a weapon; and is not a recconiscience device modified - meaning a lot more thought has been given to it especially for aerial combat and manoeuvrability.

I really don't understand why, when Islamic Iran develops a new home-grown weapon; there are always some people who want to try and diminish the importance and excellence of their work? Subhan Allah. This is a country under the most crippling sanctions and massive embargo, and it is able to build the most advanced weapons using the most advanced technology without any assistance from any third party.

Pot, kettle, black.

Edited by Irishman

Unfortunately, people like blister only look at design, and not functionality. Or should I say fortunately?

America spends billions of dollars on "high tech" design and functionality on equipment they don't dare to use against any resisting or semi-powerful country, because losing 1 plane, 1 drone, 1 tank costs too damn much.

Whilst other countries, think of smarter solutions such as Tank Buster rockets that lebanon used to put the Merkava out of production in 33 days. The so called chariot of God that is said to be the most advanced and powerful tank in the world,

was put out of production by simple man carried rockets(most likely developed by Iran).

Same goes for the predator and other high cost, american tax money sucking, equipment that they make. Only thing they are good for is broken down countries like afghanistan and Iraq.

Unfortunately, people like blister only look at design, and not functionality. Or should I say fortunately?

America spends billions of dollars on "high tech" design and functionality on equipment they don't dare to use against any resisting or semi-powerful country, because losing 1 plane, 1 drone, 1 tank costs too damn much.

Whilst other countries, think of smarter solutions such as Tank Buster rockets that lebanon used to put the Merkava out of production in 33 days. The so called chariot of God that is said to be the most advanced and powerful tank in the world,

was put out of production by simple man carried rockets(most likely developed by Iran).

Same goes for the predator and other high cost, american tax money sucking, equipment that they make. Only thing they are good for is broken down countries like afghanistan and Iraq.

Western doctrine is idiotic, they simply throw money at any obstacle they face. They give platoon commanders the right to call in air or artillerie strikes.

Ryan Firebee was around in 1955, and had a jet engine.

OK. Did he have an unmanned bomber?

Not technically backward, but technically still many years behind the major superpowers when it comes to weapons and rocket development.

That's not what you said. You didn't say that Karrar was technically inferior to the Predator. You said Karrar was 1940's German technology, which it quite clearly is not.

The jet engine that the Iranian UAV has will make it very noisy, and UAV's for surveillance should fly very high and very quiet and be able to loiter over the area for a long time, wait for target and fire missile's and return home. The dynamic's of the Iranian one means it noisy, extremely fast, and will have a very large turning circle due to short wings to circle back over the target, and wont stay in the air for very long, unlike up to 45+ hours for other UAV's.

Firstly, Iran will probably use this in the bomber role, which explains its noise and speed. Secondly, all the civilian deaths in Pakistan and Afghanistan that have came from Predator bombing runs lead me to believe that its high altitude make it tragically inaccurate.

The tank was near perfect design from the start, all it needed was higher speed, better armour, and more accurate and powerful firing.

My point is that you can always find aesthetic similarities between current and past designs.

The very concept of sloped armour -- which no tank today is without -- was first used in the T-34. Does that make all tanks imitations of 1940's Soviet technology?

(salam)

Inshallah, what one needs to relise is this is the first modle which is possibly rushed through so it can be presented before nuclear talks can go ahead, the future models will be much improved. BTW what iran has donw with the nuclear talks is extremely clever, but i dnt think your intreasted so i wont go into it.