Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abu Tufayl

What?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

2640. It is Makrooh to eat the meat of a horse, a mule or a donkey. If a person has sexual intercourse with them those animals become haraam, and as a precaution, their offspring become haraam also, and their urine and dung become Najis. Such animals should be taken out of the city and should be sold at some other place.

And as for the person who committed the sexual intercourse with the animal, it will be necessary to give its price to the owner. Similarly, if a person commits sexual intercourse with an animal like cow and sheep, the meat of which it is lawful to eat, its urine and excrement become Najis, and it is also haraam to eat their meat, and to drink their milk.

As a precaution, same will be the case with their offsprings. Such an animal should be instantly killed and burnt, and one, who has had sexual intercourse with the animal should pay its price to its owner.

The only part of this fatwa that doesn't alarm me is the first sentence. After that...where in God's name did this rule come from? And why is it listed in risalah? Was there a zoophilia epidemic during the Aimmah's (as) time?

(wasalam)

Edited by Dar'ul_Islam

(salam)

(bismillah)

The only part of this fatwa that doesn't alarm me is the first sentence. After that...where in God's name did this rule come from? And why is it listed in risalah? Was there a zoophilia epidemic during the Aimmah's (as) time?

This is a pretty famous fatawa by our Shee`ah scholars, I have seen this from a lot of our scholars actually.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Maybe they're just covering all the bases. Lots of people back in the day used to own animals.. perhaps the situation came up a couple times for those unable to get married or something? Allaahu a'lim..

i think it was known not sure if it was common but surly known

i have read those fatwas plus some stories in Arabic literature . the perversion as concept was not there , the bestiality was considered a sin much like adultery