Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Gate of knowledge - Quiz

Saraab - u is right about shia view on Angles a.s. Allah created em for only one resaon: to worship Him.

Now many have this misconception that Iblees l.a. was also an angel..... that's not true. Ibees is from the jins - he was created from the fire and the proof is in Quran.

btw saraab.. wat u doing here? O.o

yep, well I was only referring to general angels, not Iblees. And the verse is clear on this as it says "Malkian" meaning angels. Wat got Iblees into this?

I missed sc, so im bk :)

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(salam) Bro Macisaac, He needs to pray Zuhr only. Because remember that he re-validate his wudu for Salat al- Asar. Let me elaborate. Only one of his wudu is void. Since he is confident that didn't br

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

bismillah.gif

salam.gif

I would like to ask something about the Ramadhan Month ..

Here goes..

Why do muslims keep Ramadhan at different times and their Eid is also not the same?

why cant the billion or so muslims of the world have a SINGLE day festival?

and now the not so controversial question...blush.gif

1) Lailat Al Qadr is better than 1000 nights...Are these 1000 nights as per the 7-10 hour long nights of earth or 1000 hours or more long nights of the sky / Arsh?

2) 50,000 year long day would be the day of judgement..how can one scientifically imagine that?

Wasalaam wa Ramadhan Kareem

Ok so what's the next question? Please proceed whoever's turn it is.

The next question is post # 67 but here it is:

An entire Quranic Surah was revealed when Imam Ali a.s., Fatima AlZahra a.s., Imam Hassan a.s. and Imam Hussien a.s. gave their food as sadagah (charity) to a Maskeen, Yatim, and an Aseer while they remained without food for a period of three days. What is the name of this Surah?

Also, u can answer Faris-Al-Hujjat's question if u like :)

• Veteran Member

(salam),

Next Question:

An entire Quranic Surah was revealed when Imam Ali a.s., Fatima AlZahra a.s., Imam Hassan a.s. and Imam Hussien a.s. gave their food as sadagah (charity) to a Maskeen, Yatim, and an Aseer while they remained without food for a period of three days. What is the name of this Surah?

Surah al-Dahr/Surah al-Insan

Name the angel whose wings grew again and was forgiven by the Almighty, after he touched himself with the body of Imam Hussain (as).

(This will also give the answer to the current discussion whether angels sin or not!)

wa (salam)

• Advanced Member

(salam),

Surah al-Dahr/Surah al-Insan

Name the angel whose wings grew again and was forgiven by the Almighty, after he touched himself with the body of Imam Hussain (as).

(This will also give the answer to the current discussion whether angels sin or not!)

wa (salam)

his name was fitrus :)

MY Question : who was the Prophet (a.s) that knew many languages of birds and animal also had control over jinns ??

Edited by lover of imam(a.t.f.s)

Good question Abu Abdullah.

I think it would be really helpful if ppl added some bkground info relating to their qs when they post them on there.

Sorry Basim Ali, Im not picking on u, but Im jst gonna use ur question to clarify my pt here. So ur was question was "Name the angel whose wings grew again and was forgiven by the Almighty, after he touched himself with the body of Imam Hussain ".

This was a very good question, But I think alot of ppl on here including myself wud have not heard of this story b4, So it would've been soo useful if u had jst briefly given some bkground info (2/3 sentences) on this story.

I think if everyone does this with their next questions, that way we can learn more about whateva gets mentioned on here.

But so far so good. I think Im learning alot from ur questions. For example I neva knew Imam Ali had a sister, and was shocked when I looked up Abu Talib on wikipedia and found that Imam Ali actually had two sisters. So alhmd all good so far, great input from everyone.

• Advanced Member

But so far so good. I think Im learning alot from ur questions. For example I neva knew Imam Ali had a sister, and was shocked when I looked up Abu Talib on wikipedia and found that Imam Ali actually had two sisters. So alhmd all good so far, great input from everyone.

Yea mee too i also didn't knw that Imam Ali (a.S) had any sister :) now i do

• Advanced Member

Next Question

Name the only Surah of the Quran that is named after a Prophet and speaks about him from the beginning to the end of that Surah in Chronological order? (In order according to the events as they happened one right after another)

• Advanced Member

Which surah in Holy Quran talks about Bibi Fathima(as) as the continuation of the holy Prophet’s lineage?

Can you please clarify the question?

I would have to say I am thinking you mean Surah Kawthar.

Edited by zzaveri

Is it surat Alkwthar?

This surah was revealed when the ppl of quraish teased the prophet about his lineage and thats because the prophet's sons kept passing away at an early age and so the prophet had no one to continue his lineage. But Allah, due to His great mercy, sent down this surah to tell the prophet to not worry much about wat has been said to him by the kufaar, and that His daughter (Alkawthar) meaning Fatima Alzahra A.S. will continue his lineage....and he (prolly abu jahal..not sure) who teased you (Prophet Mohammed) is the one with no lineage (Ina shaniaka ho alabtar).

If its correct, anyone can add the next question, as I wont be on here for the next 6 hrs or so.

Edited by saraab
  • Veteran Member

(salam),

This was a very good question, But I think alot of ppl on here including myself wud have not heard of this story b4, So it would've been soo useful if u had jst briefly given some bkground info (2/3 sentences) on this story.

Would be my pleasure.

Here's something about it, from Nafasul Mahmoom by Sheikh Abbas Qummi:

Shaikh Saduq (May Allāh sanctify his grave) quotes Imām Ja'far as Sādiq (a.s.) as saying that when Imām Husayn (a.s.) was born, Allāh commanded Jibra'eel to descend upon the earth with a thousand Angels and congratulate the Prophet on His behalf and himself. Jibra'eel descended and on the way he passed by an island where an Angel named Fitrus, who was a bearer of the empyrean, lay there banished.

Allāh had once assigned a job to Fitrus who delayed it due to laziness; hence Allāh took away his wings and expelled him to the island. Fitrus worshipped Allāh there for seven hundred years until the time Imām Husayn (a.s.) was born. When Fitrus saw Jibra'eel he inquired of him as to where was he going. Jibra'eel answered that, “Allāh, the Exalted, has bestowed His Blessings (Imām Husayn) upon Muhammad (S), thus Allāh has commanded me to go and congratulate him on His behalf and myself.” Fitrus said,

“Then O Jibra'eel! Take me too along with you to the presence of the Prophet, perhaps he might pray for me.”

Ji bra'eel lifted him up and brought him to the Holy Prophet (S). When he reached there he offered condolence to him on behalf of Allāh and him self, then he presented the matter of Fitrus. The Prophet commanded Fitrus to touch himself with the body of Imām Husayn (a.s) and arise. Fitrus did so and ascended upwards saying,

“O Prophet of Allāh! This son of yours will be mercilessly killed by your nation. Therefore it is incumbent upon me in exchange of this favor that I recompense. Hence there is no person who visits his grave except that I receive him, and there is no Muslim who offers salutations to him or who prays for him except that I take it to his presence and carry his message.”

Saying this Fitrus flew away. In another narrative it is related that Fitrus flew away saying,

“Who is similar to me? For I am a freed one of Husayn (s.a.s), the son of Ali (a.s.) and Fatima (a.s.), whose Grandfather is Ahmad (S).”

Shaikh Al-Tusi relates in misbāh that Qāsim bin Abul Alā'a Hamadāni (the agent of Imām Ali an Naqi) received a written pronouncement from Imām al Mahdi (a.t.f.s.) which read as follows: Our Master Imām Husayn bin Ali (a.s.) was born on Thursday, the third of the month of Sha'bān, therefore fast on that day and recite this supplication: “O Allāh! I ask you in the name of the one who is born this day…(till the end)” Furthermore the following words are quoted: “Fitrus took shelter under his cradle, and we seek shelter after him under his grave.”

http://www.al-islam.org/nafasul-mahmum/3.htm

I don't know where you're from, but this is an oft-mentioned story in the lectures in the Indo-Pak subcontinent. An incident frequently mentioned in elegies, too.

--------------

Anyway, the answer to the question by sis Nimra would be the 33rd Surah, Surah al-Ahzab. Here are the verses:

Ayat al-tatheer:

æóÞóÑúäó Ýöí ÈõíõæÊößõäóø æóáóÇ ÊóÈóÑóøÌúäó ÊóÈóÑõøÌó ÇáúÌóÇåöáöíóøÉö ÇáúÃõæáóì æóÃóÞöãúäó ÇáÕóøáóÇÉó æóÂÊöíäó ÇáÒóøßóÇÉó æóÃóØöÚúäó Çááóøåó æóÑóÓõæáóåõ ÅöäóøãóÇ íõÑöíÏõ Çááóøåõ áöíõÐúåöÈó Úóäßõãõ ÇáÑöøÌúÓó Ãóåúáó ÇáúÈóíúÊö æóíõØóåöøÑóßõãú ÊóØúåöíÑðÇ {33}

And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying. (33:33)

Ayat al-Durood:

Åöäóø Çááóøåó æóãóáóÇÆößóÊóåõ íõÕóáõøæäó Úóáóì ÇáäóøÈöíöø íóÇ ÃóíõøåóÇ ÇáóøÐöíäó ÂãóäõæÇ ÕóáõøæÇ Úóáóíúåö æóÓóáöøãõæÇ ÊóÓúáöíãðÇ {56}

Surely Allah and His angels bless the Prophet; O you who believe! call for (Divine) blessings on him and salute him with a (becoming) salutation. (33:56)

Next Question:

Which one of our Imams had the longest life? Which one had the shortest?

[i know, those are two questions, but nonetheless... :squeez: ]

wa (salam)

• Advanced Member

Shortest Imams life span was of Imam Mohammed Taqi(as) at the age of 25

Longest Imams life span is of Imam Zamana(as) 1175 years.

If you dont consider this then Imam Ali (as) and Imam Jaffer sadiq(as) each lived 63 years.

Which title of Imam Mehdi (a.t.f) mentioned in Surah Hud?

• Veteran Member

(salam),

Shortest Imams life span was of Imam Mohammed Taqi(as) at the age of 25

Longest Imams life span is of Imam Zamana(as) 1175 years.

If you dont consider this then Imam Ali (as) and Imam Jaffer sadiq(as) each lived 63 years.

Correct!

Which title of Imam Mehdi (a.t.f) mentioned in Surah Hud?

بقية الله ... from:

بَقِيَّةُ اللّهِ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ وَمَا أَنَاْ عَلَيْكُم بِحَفِيظٍ {86}

What remains with Allah is better for you if you are believers, and I am not a keeper over you. (11:86)

Name the door of Heaven through which only the ones who fast will enter.

wa (salam)

Edited by Basim Ali
  • Veteran Member

(salam),

@ basim ali - al rayyan ?

Bravo! :D

Since sis saraab wants us to give proof for every answer ( :P ); this is a relevant extract from a lengthy tradition:

....The Messenger of Allah said: ...."One of the gates of Paradise is called al-Rayyan, and it shall never be opened before the Day of Resurrection. It will be opened for those among the nation of Muhammad (pbuh) who performed the fast. Ridwan, custodian of Paradise, will call out saying: 'O followers of Muhammad! Come to the al-Rayyan gate!' So he will let my nation enter Paradise through that gate. Therefore, if one is not forgiven during the month of Ramadan, in which month can he be forgiven? There is neither will nor strength except from Allah; Allah suffices us, and what a great Helper He is!"

- Thawab al-A'mal wa 'Iqab al- A'mal pg. 96

- Al-Amali of Sheikh Sadooq pg. 48

- Bihar al-Anwar Vol. 8 pg. 183-185

Name the King of Abyssinia whose funeral prayer was lead by the Prophet (pbuh).

wa (salam)

• Advanced Member

(salam)

King Negus of Abysinian (who was originally a Christian)? He cried when Jaffar Ibn Abi Talib recited the Surah Maryam.

If I am right, then someone please post a question on behalf of me. It's almost midnight and I wouldn’t see you guys/gals until after 16 hours from now. If I am wrong, then never mind…LOL

(salam),

Bravo! :D

Since sis saraab wants us to give proof for every answer ( :P ); this is a relevant extract from a lengthy tradition:

....The Messenger of Allah said: ...."One of the gates of Paradise is called al-Rayyan, and it shall never be opened before the Day of Resurrection. It will be opened for those among the nation of Muhammad (pbuh) who performed the fast. Ridwan, custodian of Paradise, will call out saying: 'O followers of Muhammad! Come to the al-Rayyan gate!' So he will let my nation enter Paradise through that gate. Therefore, if one is not forgiven during the month of Ramadan, in which month can he be forgiven? There is neither will nor strength except from Allah; Allah suffices us, and what a great Helper He is!"

- Thawab al-A'mal wa 'Iqab al- A'mal pg. 96

- Al-Amali of Sheikh Sadooq pg. 48

- Bihar al-Anwar Vol. 8 pg. 183-185

Name the King of Abyssinia whose funeral prayer was lead by the Prophet (pbuh).

wa (salam)

Yep, ALWAYS try to post some bkground info with ur questions. So that everyone can deepen their understanding and knoweldge of some of the things related to the question. (Also- to see if the person posting the question knos what theyre talking about and can provide further clarifications if requested ;) )

Basim, you're doing a great job with ur questions, Keep it up! ^_^

(salam)

King Negus of Abysinian (who was originally a Christian)? He cried when Jaffar Ibn Abi Talib recited the Surah Maryam.

If I am right, then someone please post a question on behalf of me. It's almost midnight and I wouldn’t see you guys/gals until after 16 hours from now. If I am wrong, then never mind…LOL

I think king Negus is the correct answer. For those who are interested heres a link to some histroy on king Negus. History of Ethiopian King Negash Who Became a Muslim 1400 Years Ago It includes pics and vids..Check it out !

Next question

Who am I?

I Am one of the most loyal companions of Imam Ali a.s.. I became a Muslim during Prophet Muhammad's s.a.w. time and rose to prominence during the caliphates of Uthman and Imam Ali a.s. I took part and fought in the battle of jamal and siffin and was one of the fiercest warriors of my time and served Imam Ali a.s. like no one else. After the battle of Siffin had ended, , in 658 (38 A.H.), I was appointed governor of Egypt by Imam Ali. So who am I?

• Advanced Member

I think king Negus is the correct answer. For those who are interested heres a link to some histroy on king Negus. History of Ethiopian King Negash Who Became a Muslim 1400 Years Ago It includes pics and vids..Check it out !

Next question

Who am I?

I Am one of the most loyal companions of Imam Ali a.s.. I became a Muslim during Prophet Muhammad's s.a.w. time and rose to prominence during the caliphates of Uthman and Imam Ali a.s. I took part and fought in the battle of jamal and siffin and was one of the fiercest warriors of my time and served Imam Ali a.s. like no one else. After the battle of Siffin had ended, , in 658 (38 A.H.), I was appointed governor of Egypt by Imam Ali. So who am I?

Maalik al-Ashtar al-Nakha'ee is the correct answer.

• Veteran Member

(salam),

1.a)Which surah is known as the ‘’mother’’ of Quran?

b)Which Sura is called’Aroos-ul-Quran? (bride of quran)

The Christian King Negus of Abyssinia/al-Najashi/Ashama ibn Abjar is the correct answer!

1. a. Surah al-Fatihah

b. Surah al- Rahman

Who was the standard-bearer of Yazid's army at Karbala?

wa (salam)

Edited by Basim Ali