Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Gate of knowledge - Quiz

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(salam) Bro Macisaac, He needs to pray Zuhr only. Because remember that he re-validate his wudu for Salat al- Asar. Let me elaborate. Only one of his wudu is void. Since he is confident that didn't br

Posted Images

^ Another nice question!

OK here are some fruits and veggies mentioned in the Quraan : Fig, olive, cucumber, Garlic, Onion, Lentils & dates

Can you please set a specific number, so that it would be much quicker to move to the next question?

Edited by saraab
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Bro Macisaac,

He needs to pray Zuhr only. Because remember that he re-validate his wudu for Salat al- Asar.

Let me elaborate. Only one of his wudu is void. Since he is confident that didn't break his wudu for Zuhr then even if he made mistake for wudu in Salat al-Asr, it wouldn't be a problem because his wudu (from Zuhr) is still in order.

If his wudu for Zuhr was void, he need to pray again. There is no way out.

MashAllah Zareen excellent answer! Good Job!

Good Question MacIsaac you should bring some more of these questions to the table.

Battle of Badr

Aprox. 313 companions on the Prophet's (pbuh) Side

vs

Apox. 1000 enemies of Allah (35 of them were sent to hell by the sword of Imam Ali (as))

Here are verses of the Quran that talk about this in Surah Ali-Imraan

[3.123] And Allah did certainly assist you at Badr when you were weak; be careful of (your duty to) Allah then, that you may give thanks.

[3.124] When you said to the believers: Does it not suffice you that your Lord should assist you with three thousand of the angels sent down?

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Kunyah = Umm Haanee

Name = Faakhitah

أم هاني بنت أبي طالب:

اسمها فاختة

• Source:
  • Al-Khoei, Mu`jam Rijaal Al-Hadeeth, vol. 23, pg. 181, person # 15594

(salam)

Good Job Brother Correct!

Next Question:

What's the Surah # and Verse # of the verse that was revealed when Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) went on hijrah and Imam Ali (as) slept in his bed to show Imam Ali's (as) courageous attitude and sincerity for sleeping in the bed of the Prophet.

Provide the Surah # and Verse #

and

Translation to the Hadith.

This night is often termed the night the prophet migrated to Madina aka The Hijrah.

What is this same night also referred to as?

Edited by zzaveri

Good Job Brother Correct!

Next Question:

What's the Surah # and Verse # of the verse that was revealed when Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) went on hijrah and Imam Ali (as) slept in his bed to show Imam Ali's (as) courageous attitude and sincerity for sleeping in the bed of the Prophet.

Provide the Surah # and Verse #

and

Translation to the Hadith.

Also that night is often termed the night the prophet migrated aka The Hijrah.

What is this same night also referred to as?

Ok I'm not really sure about this but is it the night of almi3raaj?

The surah is suraat Alasraa and the verse is # 1. It begins by " Subhaan althi asraa be 3abdhi laylan min almisjid alharmi ila almasjid alaqsaa......."

• Advanced Member

Ok I'm not really sure about this but is it the night of almi3raaj?

The surah is suraat Alasraa and the verse is # 1. It begins by " Subhaan althi asraa be 3abdhi laylan min almisjid alharmi ila almasjid alaqsaa......."

Incorrect you are confusing the Night of Hirjah (Migration) with the Night of Me'raj (The Ascension to the Heavens)

The Night of Hijrah (Migration from Makkah to Madinah)

Night Journey (Me'raj' - Ascension to the Heavens)

Surah Isra (17) verse #1 is speaking about the Isra (The Night Journey) and the Me'raj (Ascension to the Heavans)

Edited by zzaveri

ok I feel soo bad for not knowing the answer....but thanx to Zareen's hint I know the answer now.

The night is referred to Laylat al-mabit.

The quranic verse is "And among men is he who sells his nafs (self) in exchange for the pleasure of Allah" in suraat AlBaqarah # 207.

Since I cheated in answering this question, I think we should now allow Nader Zaveri to ask his question.

Edited by saraab
  • Advanced Member

ok I feel soo bad for not knowing the answer....but thanx to Zareen's hint I know the answer now.

The night is referred to Laylat al-mabit.

The quranic verse is "And among men is he who sells his nafs (self) in exchange for the pleasure of Allah" in suraat AlBaqarah # 207.

Since I cheated in answering this question, I think we should now allow Nader Zaveri to ask his question.

Nader just went to bed so go ahead and ask your question. (If your wondering why I know it is because he is my brother and he just came back home from work doing the graveyard shift)

Go ahead and ask your question bro.

Nader just went to bed so go ahead and ask your question. (If your wondering why I know it is because he is my brother and he just came back home from work doing the graveyard shift)

Go ahead and ask your question bro.

Graveyard shift!!! A night shift?!! He must be really brave with strong Imaan. May Allah strengthen his and our imaan ameen.

ok next question, an easy question..can't think of anything hard atm.

Question:

There is only one suraah in the quraan that does not begin with AlBasmela (Bism Allah AlRahman AlRaheem). What is the name of this suraah?

Edited by saraab
  • Advanced Member

(wasalam)

Correct. You know that at least one of the wudus was correct, which would mean the `asr at least had a wudu. The zhuhr though you don't know, so you repeat that one. Ok, your turn I guess.

Edited by Ya Baqiyatullah (aj)
  • Advanced Member

Question: Which companion of Imam Ali was him at Sifeen in his (as) army, but turned his back and was involved in the martyrdom of one of Imam Ali's sons?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Shimr bin Dhil Jawshan

• Source:
  • Al-Qummi, “Safinatun-Najaat”, vol.4, p. 492, Chapter Sheen Followed by Meem

(salam)

post-68421-12825103342827_thumb.jpg

post-68421-12825103431465_thumb.jpg

Edited by Abu Abdullaah
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Haaroot and Maaroot

وَاتَّبَعُواْ مَا تَتْلُواْ الشَّيَاطِينُ عَلَى مُلْكِ سُلَيْمَانَ وَمَا كَفَرَ سُلَيْمَانُ وَلَكِنَّ الشَّيْاطِينَ كَفَرُواْ يُعَلِّمُونَ النَّاسَ السِّحْرَ وَمَا أُنزِلَ عَلَى الْمَلَكَيْنِ بِبَابِلَ هَارُوتَ وَمَارُوتَ وَمَا يُعَلِّمَانِ مِنْ أَحَدٍ حَتَّى يَقُولاَ إِنَّمَا نَحْنُ فِتْنَةٌ فَلاَ تَكْفُرْ فَيَتَعَلَّمُونَ مِنْهُمَا مَا يُفَرِّقُونَ بِهِ بَيْنَ الْمَرْءِ وَزَوْجِهِ وَمَا هُم بِضَارِّينَ بِهِ مِنْ أَحَدٍ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِ اللّهِ وَيَتَعَلَّمُونَ مَا يَضُرُّهُمْ وَلاَ يَنفَعُهُمْ وَلَقَدْ عَلِمُواْ لَمَنِ اشْتَرَاهُ مَا لَهُ فِي الآخِرَةِ مِنْ خَلاَقٍ وَلَبِئْسَ مَا شَرَوْاْ بِهِ أَنفُسَهُمْ لَوْ كَانُواْ يَعْلَمُونَ

[surah (2) : Verse 102] and they follow what the Satans recited over Solomon's kingdom. Solomon disbelieved not, but the Satans disbelieved, teaching the people sorcery, and that which was sent down upon Babylon's two angels, Harut and Marut; they taught not any man, without they said, 'We are but a temptation; do not disbelieve.' From them they learned how they might divide a man and his wife, yet they did not hurt any man thereby, save by the leave of God, and they learned what hurt them, and did not profit them, knowing well that whoso buys it shall have no share in the world to come; evil then was that they sold themselves for, if they had but known.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Because the first time I read about them 'angels' were in a Sunni book. And to them Haroot and Maroot are fallen angels. But we don't believe angles are capable of sinning, do we? :unsure:

Secondly, I am not very clear on the purpose of them being sent to earth. They were supposed to teach people to stay away from the magic? Explain to people how the magic works?

Ok this verse was revealed when a group of jews accused Prophet Mohammed for being a magician. And the reason behind this was that the prophet told them that prophet Suliaman was a prophet. But to the jews Prophet Suliman was a Magician and not a prophet.

So from the jews view, If Prophet Mohammad is supporting Suliman, then he must therefore be a magician too. Thats why the Verse beings with "﴿وَاتَّبَعُوا مَا تَتْلُوا الشَّيَاطِينُ عَلى مُلْكِ سُلَيْمـَانَ﴾

which means that "they followed what had the been said about Suliman by the shatans ( the kufaar either humans or jins). Which is obviously false because the next section in verse clarifies this automatically by saying " ﴿وَمَا كَفَرَ سُلَيْمـَانُ﴾ meaing that Suliman was a disbeliever and was not a magician.

and rather its the people who disobeyed Allah and got into Magic and "abused" what the two angels "Harrot and Maroot" taught them about Magic.

Ok so the reason as to why these two angels were send was to falsify the use of magic. And to do that they would need to first show them how it worked. So the angels taught ppl magic and while they did that they said " its wrong and fake " ﴿وَمَا يُعَلِّمَانِ مِنْ أَحَد حَتَّى يَقُولاً إِنَّمَا نَحْنُ فِتْنَةٌ فَلاَ تَكْفُرْ﴾.

But then there were ppl who abused wat they had been taught, however they werent able to use it against ppl except with Allahs will. وَمَا هُمْ بِضَارّينَ بِهِ مِنْ أَحَد إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِ اللهِ وَيَتَعَلَّمُونَ مَا يَضُرُّهُمْ وَلاَ يَنْفَعُهُمْ﴾. So at the end of the day they only hurt themselves by taking the wrong side of things.

This is based on Tafseer Al-Amthal verse 102

Edited by saraab

Next Question:

An entire Quranic Surah was revealed when Imam Ali a.s., Fatima AlZahra a.s., Imam Hassan a.s. and Imam Hussien a.s. gave their food as sadagah (charity) to a Maskeen, Yatim, and an Aseer while they remained without food for a period of three days. What is the name of this Surah?

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Because the first time I read about them 'angels' were in a Sunni book. And to them Haroot and Maroot are fallen angels. But we don't believe angles are capable of sinning, do we? :unsure:

Secondly, I am not very clear on the purpose of them being sent to earth. They were supposed to teach people to stay away from the magic? Explain to people how the magic works?

"fallen angles" isn't that shytan type sorta bad angels???... (correct me if i'm wrong)

Yes "fallen angels" means angels that disobey Allah and sin. I'm not sure what the sunnis claim about these two angels (Haroot and Maroot), But the Shia claim that angels dont sin and so these two angels did not disobey Allah in teaching ppl magic because the whole purpose of doing so was to falsify the act of magic.

Edited by saraab
  • Advanced Member

Saraab - u is right about shia view on Angles a.s. Allah created em for only one resaon: to worship Him.

Now many have this misconception that Iblees l.a. was also an angel..... that's not true. Ibees is from the jins - he was created from the fire and the proof is in Quran.

btw saraab.. wat u doing here? O.o