Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Gate of knowledge - Quiz

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(salam) Bro Macisaac, He needs to pray Zuhr only. Because remember that he re-validate his wudu for Salat al- Asar. Let me elaborate. Only one of his wudu is void. Since he is confident that didn't br

Posted Images

• Veteran Member
Uh I don't know, googled answer; Umm Imara and Nasiba bint Kab¿

Nope, sorry. :-)

Umm Imara and Nasiba bint Ka'b are the same ladies. Plus, she was one of the two women - the other one being Asma bint Amr or Umm Hani - who gave the first pledge at Aqaba. The question was about the two women who gave their pledges after the Prophet (pbuh) migrated.

The correct answer is Asma bin Yazeed al Sakan and Kabshah bint Rafi - mother of Sa'ad ibn Muadh - from Abd al Ashal clan of Aws.

• Veteran Member

^There are several differences actually.

The Sunnis believe the Qur'aan was revealed according to the seven recitations (upon seven letters), while we don't. We believe the Qur'aan was revealed in its entirety on the Laylatul Qadr (well that's one of the prevalent view in our Madh'hab), while the Sunnis don't. Also, we disagree on the manner of the first revelation. According to us, there was no Jibraeel (a) who squeezed (more like wrestled, according to the accounts!) a sweating, timid man called Muhammad. The manifestation of Jibraeel (a) was as a signal to the Prophet (pbuh) to start preaching his message.

Those are just from the top of my head. There may be more.

Name the companion of the Prophet (pbuh) who was the head of the treasury of Kufa during the Caliphate of Imam Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.

• Veteran Member

The answer to my question is Abu Rafi.

Here's some info about him:

Another of the Prophet's clients was Abu Rafi', whose name was Aslam. He belonged to al-'Abbas (the Prophet's uncle), who gave Abu Rafi' to the Prophet as gift. When al-'Abbas accepted Islam, Abu Rafi' hastened with the news to the Prophet, who was so pleased that he set him free. The Prophet also had Abu Rafi' married to Salma,his maidservant, who bore him 'Ubaydullah ibn Abi Rafi', who was 'Ali's scribe during the latter's caliphate.

http://www.followislam.net/books/beacons/31.htm

• Veteran Member

I've read in a hadith in Ma`ani al Akhbaar by Shaykh Sadooq from Imam Ja`afar (a) that when a person says 'Aah!' in pain, he is doing Dhikr of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. Is that it? :-)

What is famous as the name of the dog of Ashaab al Kahf (Companions of the Cave)?

• Veteran Member

Ababil, the bird (swallow), flocks of which were sent to destroy Abraha and his army. You can see these birds circumambulating the Ka3ba even today. And I mean, the 6awaf - you see them go in the direction in which you do 6awaf, not the opposite.

Amazing innit? :D

You can see them make a complete circle; and not just anywhere, right above the Kaa`ba. Also, they don't seem to defecate on the Kaa'ba (think about it; there are so many pigeons and swallows in and around the Masjid al Haram with people feeding them so much).

It is not permissible to perform the Tawaaf from inside the Hateem (the semi-circular structure next to the Kaa`ba). Why is this?

• Advanced Member

What is famous as the name of the dog of Ashaab al Kahf (Companions of the Cave)?

Is it qatmeer?

(salam),

Burayr ibn Khuzayr

Muslim ibn Aw`saja

Na`afe ibn Hilal

Aa`bis ibn Shabeeb Shaa`kiri

Abul Shaa`tha al Kindi

Tradition has it that this man was buried alive when the followers of Imam Ali (a) were subject to slaughter during Mua'wiyah's (la) time by Ubaydullah Ibn Ziyad (la). Name this man.

Is there any website you would recommend to readup about this atrocity please?

Thanks.

• 10 months later...