Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali Askari

Unslaughtered Meat Halal?

Rate this topic

Bismillahi irrahman irrahiim

Is there any Marja that allow eat unslaughtered meat in west? For me its very stressfull to always find special diet and I am trying to find way to make my life more easy. Does anyone know any marja who allow un slaughtered meat halal for western muslims? As far as I remember Quran allows it as long as its compulsory, but for me its only kind of compulsory. thanks for the guidance.

Fii iman Allah.

Chill out bro, there's no need to stress out over it. Just eat halal or don't eat meat. The latter isn't great, but it's not going to kill you (I'm speaking as a former vegetarian). And there's still fish anyway. As to stressing out about these things, that's often due not to actually following the rules but by trying to be stricter than what the rules themselves require. For instance the law says thing X is not najis unless you know it is najis, but the individual lets their doubts get the better of them and considers it najis anyway "just in case". Precaution is good, but paranoia is not.

Breaking the laws though isn't going to make your life any better. Even if you found a fatwa from some shady scholar claiming this would be ok, why would you possibly want to do that? Allah has not made these things haram upon us for no reason. Rather, He created us and knows what is good for us and what is harmful for us. So why go to what is harmful?

can you buy chicken and slaghter them yourself , i know many muslims who went to the west did that (family members) they bought the sheep or chicken or whaver alive from farms then slaghter them in farms too , away from cities and eyes

Chill out bro, there's no need to stress out over it. Just eat halal or don't eat meat. The latter isn't great, but it's not going to kill you (I'm speaking as a former vegetarian). And there's still fish anyway. As to stressing out about these things, that's often due not to actually following the rules but by trying to be stricter than what the rules themselves require. For instance the law says thing X is not najis unless you know it is najis, but the individual lets their doubts get the better of them and considers it najis anyway "just in case". Precaution is good, but paranoia is not.

Breaking the laws though isn't going to make your life any better. Even if you found a fatwa from some shady scholar claiming this would be ok, why would you possibly want to do that? Allah has not made these things haram upon us for no reason. Rather, He created us and knows what is good for us and what is harmful for us. So why go to what is harmful?

Years of solitary has soften my heart. Thanks for the encouraging reply.

Man, you're Finnish. It's a 24-7 fish fest there, no? Just eat herring. Buckets and buckets of herring. :D

Or go to a farm and buy a reindeer to slaughter yourself.

Edited by kadhim

i have reviwed some fatwas websites for diffrent Marj'es but i came across non , better to ask your Marj'e though

what i know is the forbiddens are allowed only and only if your life is in danger (death) or (illness)

i had lived 7 years eating no meat in Ryiadh i know how it feels to see the meat and smell it , and how it feels to eat bread chees and some vegies most time , always saying no when someone offers to you the meat plates >.<

Edited by yassameen

I don't understand why anyone would become stressed about meat.

First of all, It's very confusing that you keep saying, "unslaughtered meat". This means that you want to eat a live animal. So basically you want to know if a marja allows you to eat a live animal. What you want to know is if it is permissible to eat haram meat (meat from an animal that is by definition impermissible or meat from an animal that is not slaughtered according to Islamic rulings). There is only one condition, and that is when your life is in danger. For a person whose life is in danger, they can eat just enough to survive.

So either eat Fish, or find halal meat or don't eat meat at all. I don't know where you live, but a fast google search showed that in Helsinki they sell halal meat at some places.

Generally Saanei does NOT allow it, but he makes an exception for those who live in a place where halal meat is completely unavailable. Otherwise, I know it is difficult sometimes, especially if you are visiting people who make food, but it is essentially a form of perpetual fasting that hopefully will benefit us. It is like, for example, how Orthodox Christians fast by restricting certain types of foods.

(salam)

(bismillah)

Look at Al-Jannatee's and Saanei's fataawa on this subject, they allows it.

(salam)

As far as I have seen, their actual position is about the general mechanical steps of Islamic slaughter performed by non-Muslims.

I don't understand why anyone would become stressed about meat.

First of all, It's very confusing that you keep saying, "unslaughtered meat". This means that you want to eat a live animal. So basically you want to know if a marja allows you to eat a live animal. What you want to know is if it is permissible to eat haram meat (meat from an animal that is by definition impermissible or meat from an animal that is not slaughtered according to Islamic rulings). There is only one condition, and that is when your life is in danger. For a person whose life is in danger, they can eat just enough to survive.

So either eat Fish, or find halal meat or don't eat meat at all. I don't know where you live, but a fast google search showed that in Helsinki they sell halal meat at some places.

Because i live in my own world, where there is no other muslims around. And here is no islamic culture either. I know I beinf very controversial about this subject. I dont even feel completely conftrable about it myself. I am stressed because I am alone. Lonelyness is killing me.

I know it seems too easy for you, but for me its very different. Try live yourself 5 yrs alone, and being only muslims alone around sociaty of yours. I bet you get the idea........

edit.

Also dont be stupid and silly. I dont want to know if it is allowed to eat haram meat. I want to know if there is any condition if I can eat meat that is not slaughtered according islamic laws. Killing animal for food, and slaughtering animal are two different things by the way. Skinning is also killing. If I want to make clows whitout skinning an animal, it does not mean i want to put alive animal to my hands. LOL. :P

I am just angry, fustrated and unhappy.

Take care.

salam aleikum.

Edited by Ali Askari

(salam)

Well, I bet you can google search for a local place around where you live for halal meat. Also you said, "Also dont be stupid and silly. I dont want to know if it is allowed to eat haram meat. I want to know if there is any condition if I can eat meat that is not slaughtered according islamic laws." Yes, that is called, "Haram meat". There are two types of haram meat:

1) Meat from an animal that is forbidden.

2) Meat from an animal that permissible to eat BUT it was not slaughtered according to Islamic directions.

Both of the above case are called haram meat. The Qor'aan specifically mentions under what condition one may eat haram meat.

Anyway, I found several shia Islamic centers in Finland, you might want to go there during gatherings: http://www.aimislam.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1166-shia-islam-in-finland/