Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ameen

The Abusing,swearing And Cursing Of The Sahaba

Rate this topic

Assalaamo Alaikum my dear brothers and sisters. There are many issues between Ahle Sunnah and Ahle Tashee. One of the issues is regarding the Sahaba. The Ahle Sunnah accuse the Ahle Tashee of abusing, swearing and cursing the Sahaba. Some people from the Ahle Sunnah also say that it is part of Shia aqeedah and fiqh or Shia principle and practice to abuse, swear and curse the Sahaba. We are going to discuss this matter in great detail with justice and fairness towards both sides. There are a couple of points that I would like to put forward with a balanced equation and absolute honesty.

Firstly let me make this absolutely clear that it is not part of Shia aqeedah or fiqh to abuse, swear or curse the Sahaba. It is also not part of Shia principle or practice to abuse, swear or curse the Sahaba. Secondly this accusation that Ahle Tashee abuse, swear and curse the Sahaba is absolutely wrong. This is absolutely and completely a false accusation on Shiaism and the Ahle Tashee community. Thirdly this is knowingly and deliberately used to sabotage Shiaism. It is also used to confuse the mind of the common Ahle Sunnah person and to keep the young generation of the Ahle Sunnah away from getting to know about Shiaism.

Fourthly when the Prophet [pbuh] gave his final sermon there were 140,000 Sahaba present according to history. Why would Ahle Tashee want to abuse, swear and curse the Sahaba? Why would Ahle Tashee want to abuse, swear and curse people like Hazrath ali [ra], Hazrath Ammar [ra], Hazrath Abuzar Gaffari [ra], Hazrath Soloman Farsi [ra], Hazrath Awais Karni [ra] and many many more who are great Sahaba? Fifthly so what is reality? What is the truth? What are the facts? The reality, truth and facts are that some people who happen to be from the Ahle Tashee community abuse, swear and curse not the Sahaba but only a handful of people from the Sahaba. So why is the entire Sahaba used to target Shiaism and Ahle Tashee when only a few Sahaba are been abused, sworn at or cursed?

Sixthly is it right to use the entire Sahaba and target the whole Ahle Tashee community of abusing, swearing and cursing the Sahaba just because only a handful of people from that community do it? Is it right to accuse and abuse Shiaism just because a handful of Shia abuse, swear and curse just a few Sahaba? Why is the entire Ahle Tashee community held at ransom just because a handful of people from that community abuse, swear and curse just a few Sahaba? Seventhly there are a few bad beans in every packet just as there are a few bad people in every community including the Ahle Sunnah. There are a group of people who abuse, swear and curse the Ahlul Baith. These people call themselves Ahle Sunnah. Would it be just and fair for the Ahle Tashee to accuse the Ahle Sunnah of abusing, swearing and cursing the Ahlul Baith just because a handful of people from the Ale Sunnah community do that?

Eighthly you are all familiar with the current terror situation. Take a look at every terror related incident that has taken place or that has been foiled in which Muslims where involved or accused of being involved. Some Muslims have been charged and some have been acquitted. All these Muslims happen to be of the Ahle Sunnah community. Ninthly would it be fair and just for the Ahle Tashee to use this and accuse the entire Ahle Sunnah community of terrorism? To accuse every Sunni of being a terrorist? To sabotage Sunni aqeedah and fiqh? Would it? Think about it. Seriously think about it. These handful of people from the Ahle Tashee community who abuse, swear and curse a few Sahaba is this right or wrong? Why do they do this? What is the reason behind it? Why are only a few Sahaba abused, sworn at and cursed? Why not the others? We will discuss this next time. Wassalaam.

You should understand that when Sunnis accuse Shi`ites of cursing the Companions (ra), that really only includes Abu Bakr (ra), `Umar (ra), `Uthman (ra), A`isha (ra), Hafsa (ra) and a few others. However, there were many great Companions (ra) that Shi`ites are commanded to love by the Ahlul Bayt (as). The criticism is a one-sided criticism that really reflects the ignorance of people.

Assalaamo Alaikum my dear brothers and sisters. There are many issues between Ahle Sunnah and Ahle Tashee. One of the issues is regarding the Sahaba. The Ahle Sunnah accuse the Ahle Tashee of abusing, swearing and cursing the Sahaba. Some people from the Ahle Sunnah also say that it is part of Shia aqeedah and fiqh or Shia principle and practice to abuse, swear and curse the Sahaba. We are going to discuss this matter in great detail with justice and fairness towards both sides. There are a couple of points that I would like to put forward with a balanced equation and absolute honesty.

Firstly let me make this absolutely clear that it is not part of Shia aqeedah or fiqh to abuse, swear or curse the Sahaba. It is also not part of Shia principle or practice to abuse, swear or curse the Sahaba. Secondly this accusation that Ahle Tashee abuse, swear and curse the Sahaba is absolutely wrong. This is absolutely and completely a false accusation on Shiaism and the Ahle Tashee community. Thirdly this is knowingly and deliberately used to sabotage Shiaism. It is also used to confuse the mind of the common Ahle Sunnah person and to keep the young generation of the Ahle Sunnah away from getting to know about Shiaism.

Fourthly when the Prophet [pbuh] gave his final sermon there were 140,000 Sahaba present according to history. Why would Ahle Tashee want to abuse, swear and curse the Sahaba? Why would Ahle Tashee want to abuse, swear and curse people like Hazrath ali [ra], Hazrath Ammar [ra], Hazrath Abuzar Gaffari [ra], Hazrath Soloman Farsi [ra], Hazrath Awais Karni [ra] and many many more who are great Sahaba? Fifthly so what is reality? What is the truth? What are the facts? The reality, truth and facts are that some people who happen to be from the Ahle Tashee community abuse, swear and curse not the Sahaba but only a handful of people from the Sahaba. So why is the entire Sahaba used to target Shiaism and Ahle Tashee when only a few Sahaba are been abused, sworn at or cursed?

Sixthly is it right to use the entire Sahaba and target the whole Ahle Tashee community of abusing, swearing and cursing the Sahaba just because only a handful of people from that community do it? Is it right to accuse and abuse Shiaism just because a handful of Shia abuse, swear and curse just a few Sahaba? Why is the entire Ahle Tashee community held at ransom just because a handful of people from that community abuse, swear and curse just a few Sahaba? Seventhly there are a few bad beans in every packet just as there are a few bad people in every community including the Ahle Sunnah. There are a group of people who abuse, swear and curse the Ahlul Baith. These people call themselves Ahle Sunnah. Would it be just and fair for the Ahle Tashee to accuse the Ahle Sunnah of abusing, swearing and cursing the Ahlul Baith just because a handful of people from the Ale Sunnah community do that?

Eighthly you are all familiar with the current terror situation. Take a look at every terror related incident that has taken place or that has been foiled in which Muslims where involved or accused of being involved. Some Muslims have been charged and some have been acquitted. All these Muslims happen to be of the Ahle Sunnah community. Ninthly would it be fair and just for the Ahle Tashee to use this and accuse the entire Ahle Sunnah community of terrorism? To accuse every Sunni of being a terrorist? To sabotage Sunni aqeedah and fiqh? Would it? Think about it. Seriously think about it. These handful of people from the Ahle Tashee community who abuse, swear and curse a few Sahaba is this right or wrong? Why do they do this? What is the reason behind it? Why are only a few Sahaba abused, sworn at and cursed? Why not the others? We will discuss this next time. Wassalaam.

Assalaam

Shia's views for the Sahaba e Rasool (saww), pious ones, can be seen from the supplications of two of our Imams:

Imam Zaynul Abideen (as) prayed:

"O God, and as for the Companions of Muhammad specifically, those who did well in companionship, who stood the good test in helping him, responded to him when he made them hear his messages' argument, separated from mates and children in manifesting his word, fought against fathers and sons in strengthening his prophecy, and through him gained victory; those who were wrapped in affection for him, hoping for a commerce that comes not to naught in love for him; those who were left by their clans when they clung to his handhold and denied by their kinsfolk when they rested in the shadow of his kinship; forget not, O God, what they abandoned for Thee and in Thee, and make them pleased with Thy good pleasure for the sake of the creatures they drove to Thee while they were with Thy Messenger, summoners to Thee for Thee".

Imam Zayn al-'Abidin, Sahifa al-Kamilah

Imam Jafer Sadiq (as) had praised the Sahaba of Rasulullah (s) as follows:

"Allah (swt) from amongst the Sahaba had selected a group, and showered them with respect, they were successful and the blessed lips of Rasulullah (s) praised them for virtues. You should [likewise] love them, extol their virtues and separate from the people of Bidah as sitting with them leads to one's heart being filled with kufr and hatred".

Misbah al Shariah page 67

But does these supplications include all sahaaba? No see this hadeeth....

Sahih Bukhari,: Vol 8 Book 76 Hadith 578

The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount". 'Abdullah added: The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount, and some of you will be brought in front of me till I will see them and then they will be taken away from me and I will say, 'O Lord, my companions!' It will be said, 'you do not know what they did after you had left.'

As far as I am concerned, I donot curse or abuse any sahabi but I only pronounce my disassociation with all those bunch of sahaba who showed their hatred towrds Ahle Bait (a.s) by their actions. Because Prophet (saww) also showed his disassociation, so I m following Sunnah.

Wassalaam

All these Muslims happen to be of the Ahle Sunnah community. Ninthly would it be fair and just for the Ahle Tashee to use this and accuse the entire Ahle Sunnah community of terrorism? To accuse every Sunni of being a terrorist? To sabotage Sunni aqeedah and fiqh? Would it?

Thats true all sunnis are not terrorists but I am sure all deobandis and majority salafis are terrorists or atleast their supporters.

You should understand that when Sunnis accuse Shi`ites of cursing the Companions (ra), that really only includes Abu Bakr (ra), `Umar (ra), `Uthman (ra), A`isha (ra), Hafsa (ra) and a few others. However, there were many great Companions (ra) that Shi`ites are commanded to love by the Ahlul Bayt (as). The criticism is a one-sided criticism that really reflects the ignorance of people.

With regards to Hazrat Aisha and Hazrat Hafsa, read the Quran, Surah Ahzab, no muslim should desrespect them.

Moreover, there is a fatwa by Grand Ayatollah Sistani that you cannot say bad words to Ummul Mominin Hazrat Aisha.

Regards

Ahmad

With regards to Hazrat Aisha and Hazrat Hafsa, read the Quran, Surah Ahzab, no muslim should desrespect them.

Moreover, there is a fatwa by Grand Ayatollah Sistani that you cannot say bad words to Ummul Mominin Hazrat Aisha.

Regards

Ahmad

Brother you should also read the verses of Sura Tahreem, about these wives of the prophet saww.

And [remember] when the Prophet confided to one of his wives a statement; and when she informed [another] of it and Allah showed it to him, he made known part of it and ignored a part. And when he informed her about it, she said, "Who told you this?" He said, "I was informed by the Knowing, the Acquainted." (66:3)

If you two [wives] repent to Allah , [it is best], for your hearts have deviated. But if you cooperate against him - then indeed Allah is his protector, and Gabriel and the righteous of the believers and the angels, moreover, are [his] assistants. (66:4)

Perhaps his Lord, if he divorced you [all], would substitute for him wives better than you - submitting [to Allah ], believing, devoutly obedient, repentant, worshipping, and traveling - [ones] previously married and virgins. (66:5)

Allah has threatended them to be divorced and he may substitute better wives.

I think the key point is that they weren't divorced, or replaced with better wives.

and the thing is they were warned because they did something wrong. but I myself think cursing,abusing etc wives of Prophet (pbuh) is totally wrong. I respect Bibi Ayesha and Bibi Hafsa because they were wives of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). But Bibi Ayesha and Bibi Hafsa are not role models to women.

anyways, in short cursing/abusing is totally wrong!

(wasalam)

Brother you should also read the verses of Sura Tahreem, about these wives of the prophet saww.

And [remember] when the Prophet confided to one of his wives a statement; and when she informed [another] of it and Allah showed it to him, he made known part of it and ignored a part. And when he informed her about it, she said, "Who told you this?" He said, "I was informed by the Knowing, the Acquainted." (66:3)

If you two [wives] repent to Allah , [it is best], for your hearts have deviated. But if you cooperate against him - then indeed Allah is his protector, and Gabriel and the righteous of the believers and the angels, moreover, are [his] assistants. (66:4)

Perhaps his Lord, if he divorced you [all], would substitute for him wives better than you - submitting [to Allah ], believing, devoutly obedient, repentant, worshipping, and traveling - [ones] previously married and virgins. (66:5)

Allah has threatended them to be divorced and he may substitute better wives.

My brother,

There is yet another verse from the Quran, I do not remember the exact words, but Allah SWT Says to Rasool Allah SAWW that why do you forbid for yourself that which We have made permissible for you (the eatables). This verse is also in connection to one of the wives of Rasool Allah SAWW who said that Rasool Allah SAWW's mouth smelled from something (I think it was honey), so Rasool Allah SAWW did not consume it.

But none of these verses has ever even indicated to "curse" or "abuse" her, AstagfiruLlah. After all they are Ummul Mominin.

And as the followers of Imam Ali AS, we must follow his footsteps.

After the battle of Jamal, Imam Ali AS, with full respect and honor made her go safely to Madina alongwith her brother Hazrat Muhammad bin Abi Bakr RA.

So, when Imam Ali AS respected her, his followers should also do the same.

Regards

Companions are not above Ahle Bayt (A). If they followed Ahle Bayt (A) after the martyrdom of Holy Prophet (S) they are true Companions. But those who became 'Murtad' after the martyrdom of Rasulullah (S), as a Hadith in Sahih Bukhari indicates, are not worthy of any respect. Upon them "are the curse of Allah, the Angels, and all people." (Qur'an 2:161)

Cursing the Enemies of Ahle Bayt is a recommended tradition of Ahle Bayt (A) and it is of Wajibat of Shi'ism. If one abandons that is just a Shia by name and we ask Allah to guide him/her, but if someone insists on respecting the enemies of Ahle Bayt (A) is accursed and we should disassociate ourselves from him/her and their satanic ideas for they are included in the above verse of Qur'an.