Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Anyone Have This Qasida? Pleasee Take A Look! (:

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam, & Ramzan Mubarak.

I've been looking for this qasida for a long time but cannot find a recording of it anywhere ! if anyone has it just mail me & i'll give you my hotmail or something to send me it.

Thanks in Advance!

It goes something like this "Dum Dum vird karo Maula Ali De Naam Da, Eh Dar Chori Na, Mu itu Mori Na.. eh hukam eh meri maaa da"

:angel: :blush: :unsure:

Waslam.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

13137- مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْحَسَنِ بِإِسْنَادِهِ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ مَهْزِيَارَ (وَ بِإِسْنَادِهِ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ جَمِيعاً عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ) عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع يَقُولُ تُكْرَهُ رِوَايَةُ الشِّعْرِ لِلصَّائِمِ وَ لِلْمُحْرِمِ وَ فِي الْحَرَمِ وَ فِي يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ وَ أَنْ يُرْوَى بِاللَّيْلِ قَالَ قُلْتُ وَ إِنْ كَانَ شِعْرَ حَقٍّ قَالَ وَ إِنْ كَانَ شِعْرَ حَق‏

Muhammad bin al-Hasan in his isnaad from 'Alee bin Mahziyaar (and in his isnaad from Ahmad bin Muhammad all from Ibn Abee 'Umayr) from Hammaad bin 'Uthmaan, He said I heard Abaa 'Abd Allaah say: Narrating poetry is disliked while fasting, and while in iHraam, and in the Haram and on the day of Jum'ah and to narrate in the night. He said: I said: and If the poem was true? He said: And (even) if the poem was true.

---> SaHeeH

13138- وَ بِالْإِسْنَادِ عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ لَا يُنْشَدُ الشِّعْرُ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا يُنْشَدُ فِي شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا نَهَارٍ فَقَالَ لَهُ إِسْمَاعِيلُ يَا أَبَتَاهْ فَإِنَّهُ فِينَا قَالَ وَ إِنْ كَانَ فِينَا

---> Wasaa'il al-Shee'ah, vol. 10, pg. 169. This hadeeth is SaHeeH

Hammaad bin 'Uthmaan from Abee 'Abd Allaah : says "Do not sing/recite/seek poetry in the night and do not sing/recite/seek (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day..."

وَ رَوَاهُ الْكُلَيْنِيُّ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ عَنِ الصَّادِقِ ع‏ لَا يُنْشَدُ الشِّعْرُ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا يُنْشَدُ فِي شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا نَهَارٍ فَقَالَ لَهُ إِسْمَاعِيلُ يَا أَبَتَاهْ فَإِنَّهُ فِينَا قَالَ وَ إِنْ كَانَ فِينَا

"Do not sing/recite/seek poetry in the night and do not sing/recite/seek (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day."

---> Hasan in al-Kaafee, vol. 4, page. 88 by Majlisee. But Ibraaheem bin Haashim's traditions are taken. Which would make this tradition Hasan Kal SaHeeH.

(salam)

Edited by Abu Abdullaah
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

13137- مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْحَسَنِ بِإِسْنَادِهِ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ مَهْزِيَارَ (وَ بِإِسْنَادِهِ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ جَمِيعاً عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ) عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع يَقُولُ تُكْرَهُ رِوَايَةُ الشِّعْرِ لِلصَّائِمِ وَ لِلْمُحْرِمِ وَ فِي الْحَرَمِ وَ فِي يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ وَ أَنْ يُرْوَى بِاللَّيْلِ قَالَ قُلْتُ وَ إِنْ كَانَ شِعْرَ حَقٍّ قَالَ وَ إِنْ كَانَ شِعْرَ حَق‏

Muhammad bin al-Hasan in his isnaad from 'Alee bin Mahziyaar (and in his isnaad from Ahmad bin Muhammad all from Ibn Abee 'Umayr) from Hammaad bin 'Uthmaan, He said I heard Abaa 'Abd Allaah say: Narrating poetry is disliked while fasting, and while in iHraam, and in the Haram and on the day of Jum'ah and to narrate in the night. He said: I said: and If the poem was true? He said: And (even) if the poem was true.

---> SaHeeH

13138- وَ بِالْإِسْنَادِ عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ لَا يُنْشَدُ الشِّعْرُ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا يُنْشَدُ فِي شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا نَهَارٍ فَقَالَ لَهُ إِسْمَاعِيلُ يَا أَبَتَاهْ فَإِنَّهُ فِينَا قَالَ وَ إِنْ كَانَ فِينَا

---> Wasaa'il al-Shee'ah, vol. 10, pg. 169. This hadeeth is SaHeeH

Hammaad bin 'Uthmaan from Abee 'Abd Allaah : says "Do not sing/recite/seek poetry in the night and do not sing/recite/seek (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day..."

وَ رَوَاهُ الْكُلَيْنِيُّ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ عَنِ الصَّادِقِ ع‏ لَا يُنْشَدُ الشِّعْرُ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا يُنْشَدُ فِي شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا نَهَارٍ فَقَالَ لَهُ إِسْمَاعِيلُ يَا أَبَتَاهْ فَإِنَّهُ فِينَا قَالَ وَ إِنْ كَانَ فِينَا

"Do not sing/recite/seek poetry in the night and do not sing/recite/seek (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day."

---> Hasan in al-Kaafee, vol. 4, page. 88 by Majlisee. But Ibraaheem bin Haashim's traditions are taken. Which would make this tradition Hasan Kal SaHeeH.

Good find Abu Abdullaah! Very few people are unaware that reciting poetry during the month of RamaDaan or in a masjid is VERY much disliked! keep it up!

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

JazaKallah for the article and the gradings, I absolutely agree with the hadiths, however they do not state that recitation in the love of Ahlul Bayt is banned, as that is in essence, worship. We have traditions saying that even reciting a couplet for Ahlul Bayt is counted as thawab.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

JazaKallah for the article and the gradings, I absolutely agree with the hadiths, however they do not state that recitation in the love of Ahlul Bayt is banned, as that is in essence, worship. We have traditions saying that even reciting a couplet for Ahlul Bayt is counted as thawab.

Actually if you notice one of the hadeeth says the guy asked the Imaam (as) : "Even if it is true?" and the Imaams said "Yes, even if it is true". By that hadeeth it would mean that it'll fall under the category of even poetry for the praise of Ahl Al-Bayt (as). But we do have other hadeeth that says poetry for love of ahl al-bayt is good. Now they seems like a contradiction but in reality it can be easily reconciled.

Narrating poetry of the Ahl Al-bayt (as) would be "disliked" if you are in iHraam, in the haram (makkah), on jumu'ah, during night time (which is funny most of our functions happen at night where people do qaseedas and nasheeds), during ramaDaan in the day or in the night and in a Masjid. Now if you want to recite poetry for the love of Ahl Al-Bayt (as) and it doesn't fall into that category, then it wouldn't be considered bad.

That is how those aHaadeeth can be reconciled. It seems like a "blatant contradiction" right away, but you can easily reconcile those hadeeth to make it seem as if they don't contradict.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Advanced Member

. But we do have other hadeeth that says poetry for love of ahl al-bayt is good.

(wasalam)

I would be wary of denying ruling of marajah...

3Ü ÇáÅãÇãõ ÇáÕøÇÏÞõ (Úóáóíåö ÇáøÓóáÇãõ): ãóä ÃäÔóÏó Ýí ÇáÍõÓóíäö (Úóáóíåö ÇáøÓóáÇãõ) ÈóíÊÇ ãöä ÔöÚÑò ÝÈóßì æÃÈßì ÚóÔÑóÉð Ýóáóåõ æáóåõãõ ÇáÌóäóøÉõ.

3– Imam al-Sadiq (as) said, ‘Whoever recites a single verse of poetry about al-Husayn (as), crying as a result and making ten other people cry, becomes deserving of Paradise and so do they.’[Thawab al-A`amal, p. 110, no. 3]

He wept and then asked me to give him more. I recited another ode. He wept and I heard weeping behind the curtain. When I had finished, he said to me: 'Abu Harun, whoever recites poetry about al-Husayn and weeps making ten others weep, Heaven is decreed for him. Whoever recites poetry about al-Husayn and he weeps and he makes one other weep, Heaven is decreed for them both.

Ibn Qawlawayh, op. cit., 10v6

Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq said: 'No poet recites a line of poetry about us without the support of the Holy Spirit.

Shaykh al-Saduq, Muhammad b. 'Ali- ibn al-Husayn ibn Babawayh Abu Jafar al-Qummi, 'Uyun Akhbar al-Rida (Qumm, 1377), 1, 7

And there are more...

• Advanced Member

لا حول ولاقوة إلا بالله

We are talking about poetry in praise of the Ahlulbayt (as) here, so please bring ahadith that specifically mention not to do this.

Conclusion: When poetry is being done in the masaajid, it is our duty to make sure we try to adhere to the sunnah and stop poetry from being done.

I wonder what you feel when shia are blown up to pieces when they are reciting poetry in masaajid because your conclusion is being met there. You are feeding the wahhabis really.

Saheeh from al-Kafi:

Úáí Èä ÅÈÑÇåíã¡ Úä ÃÈíå¡ Úä ÇÈä ÃÈí ÚãíÑ¡ Úä ÍãÇÏ Èä ÚËãÇä ; æÛíÑå Úä ÃÈí ÚÈÏÇááå (Ú) ÞÇá: áÇ íäÔÏ ÇáÔÚÑ Èáíá æáÇ íäÔÏ Ýí ÔåÑ ÑãÖÇä Èáíá æáÇ äåÇÑ¡ ÝÞÇá áå ÅÓãÇÚíá: íÇ ÃÈÊÇå ÝÅäå ÝíäÇ¿ ÞÇá: æÅä ßÇä ÝíäÇ

Hammad ibn 'Uthman and others from Imaam al-Saadiq who said: Do not narrate poetry during the night, and do not narrate it during the month of Ramadan during the night or the day.

So Ismaa'eel (the son of Imaam Ja'far) said to him: Oh father, even if it is about us (meaning, the ahl al-bait)?

He said: Even if it is about us.

Al-Majlisi says:

æ íÏá Úáì ãÑÌæÍíÉ ÇáÔÚÑ Ýí Çááíá ãØáÞÇ æ Ýí ÔåÑ ÑãÖÇä áíáÇ æ äåÇÑÇ æ Åä ßÇä Ýí ãÏÍ ÇáÃÆãÉ Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã æ áÚáå Ýí ãÏÍåã Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã íÑÌÚ Åáì ßæäå ÃÞá ËæÇÈÇ ãä ÓÇÆÑ ÇáÃæÞÇÊ

This indicates the unconditional incorrectness of poetry during the night, and during the night and day of the month of Ramadan, even if it is in laudation/praise of the imaams Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã...

• Advanced Member

(salam)

^ Can I have Kafi reference?

Saheeh from al-Kafi:

Úáí Èä ÅÈÑÇåíã¡ Úä ÃÈíå¡ Úä ÇÈä ÃÈí ÚãíÑ¡ Úä ÍãÇÏ Èä ÚËãÇä ; æÛíÑå Úä ÃÈí ÚÈÏÇááå (Ú) ÞÇá: áÇ íäÔÏ ÇáÔÚÑ Èáíá æáÇ íäÔÏ Ýí ÔåÑ ÑãÖÇä Èáíá æáÇ äåÇÑ¡ ÝÞÇá áå ÅÓãÇÚíá: íÇ ÃÈÊÇå ÝÅäå ÝíäÇ¿ ÞÇá: æÅä ßÇä ÝíäÇ

Hammad ibn 'Uthman and others from Imaam al-Saadiq who said: Do not narrate poetry during the night, and do not narrate it during the month of Ramadan during the night or the day.

So Ismaa'eel (the son of Imaam Ja'far) said to him: Oh father, even if it is about us (meaning, the ahl al-bait)?

Al-Majlisi says:

æ íÏá Úáì ãÑÌæÍíÉ ÇáÔÚÑ Ýí Çááíá ãØáÞÇ æ Ýí ÔåÑ ÑãÖÇä áíáÇ æ äåÇÑÇ æ Åä ßÇä Ýí ãÏÍ ÇáÃÆãÉ Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã æ áÚáå Ýí ãÏÍåã Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã íÑÌÚ Åáì ßæäå ÃÞá ËæÇÈÇ ãä ÓÇÆÑ ÇáÃæÞÇÊ

This indicates the unconditional incorrectness of poetry during the night, and during the night and day of the month of Ramadan, even if it is in laudation/praise of the imaams Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã...

Isnt this translated in other narrations as even if the poem was true ie about a person, since Ismail isnt Ahlul Bayt.

• Advanced Member

Al-Majlisi says:

و يدل على مرجوحية الشعر في الليل مطلقا و في شهر رمضان ليلا و نهارا و إن كان في مدح الأئمة عليهم السلام و لعله في مدحهم عليهم السلام يرجع إلى كونه أقل ثوابا من سائر الأوقات

This indicates the unconditional incorrectness of poetry during the night, and during the night and day of the month of Ramadan, even if it is in laudation/praise of the imaams عليهم السلام...

I do not understand Arabic, can only read and from reading that, it mentions the words:

أقل

ثوابا

الأوقات

Is that the full and exact translation you did above, if not then please do.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Saheeh from al-Kafi:

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن حماد بن عثمان ; وغيره عن أبي عبدالله (ع) قال: لا ينشد الشعر بليل ولا ينشد في شهر رمضان بليل ولا نهار، فقال له إسماعيل: يا أبتاه فإنه فينا؟ قال: وإن كان فينا

Al-Majlisi says:

و يدل على مرجوحية الشعر في الليل مطلقا و في شهر رمضان ليلا و نهارا و إن كان في مدح الأئمة عليهم السلام و لعله في مدحهم عليهم السلام يرجع إلى كونه أقل ثوابا من سائر الأوقات

This indicates the unconditional incorrectness of poetry during the night, and during the night and day of the month of Ramadan, even if it is in laudation/praise of the imaams عليهم السلام...

Thank you for that hadeeth avjar, Brother Abu Abdullaah has already taken out this great hadeeth by our Imaams in his article related to poetry in the masjid. Click here

^ Can I have Kafi reference?

Isnt this translated in other narrations as even if the poem was true ie about a person, since Ismail isnt Ahlul Bayt.

The exact reference has already been shown in the article. This hadeeth specifically says "about us"--"feenaa" and there is other hadeeth that says "true / truth" --"haqq".

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Advanced Member

3ـ الإمامُ الصّادقُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): مَن أنشَدَ في الحُسَينِ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) بَيتا مِن شِعرٍ فبَكى وأبكى عَشرَةً فَلَهُ ولَهُمُ الجَنَّةُ.

3– Imam al-Sadiq (as) said, ‘Whoever recites a single verse of poetry about al-Husayn (as), crying as a result and making ten other people cry, becomes deserving of Paradise and so do they.’[Thawab al-A`amal, p. 110, no. 3]

(salam)

(bismillah)

The chain to the narration you gave is:

حدثنا محمد بن موسى بن المتوكل قال حدثنا محمد بن يحيى عن محمد بن أحمد عن محمد بن الحسين عن محمد بن إسماعيل عن صالح بن عقبة عن أبي عبد الله ع قال‏

• Source:
  • Thawaab al-'Amaal, pg. 84
    Grading:
    WEAK

غال كذاب لا يلتفت إليه

If we go by al-Ghadaa'iree and Allaamah Hillee, then he is a "Ghaal (exaggerator) and Kadh-dhaab (liar). Should not pay attention to him.", but if we go by Khu'ee, then he is thiqah ONLY because he is in Tafseer al-Qummee. Tafseer al-Qummee in itself has come through a majhool narrator, so it has no basis and grounds for calling people thiqah (trustworthy) just because they are in it.

The best grading you would have to give SaaliH bin 'Uqbah is Majhool. If not, then he is a Ghaal and this would lower the grading quite drastically to possibly being mawDoo' (fabricated).

• Source:
  • ibn Al-Ghadaa'iree, vol. 1, pg. 69
  • Al-Khu'ee, Mu'jam al-Rijaal
  • Al-KhulaaSah, pg. 230

Also, since you brought this hadeeth out, I might as well provide another one SaaliH bin 'Uqbah was a part of.. Remember that a Ghaal WOULD narrate something like this:

Another hadeeth on Al-Islam.org (http://www.al-islam.org/azadari_40hadith/ : Hadeeth # 6):

25- مل، [كامل الزيارات‏] ابْنُ الْوَلِيدِ عَنِ الصَّفَّارِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي الْخَطَّابِ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ إِسْمَاعِيلَ عَنْ صَالِحِ بْنِ عُقْبَةَ عَنْ أَبِي هَارُونَ الْمَكْفُوفِ قَالَ دَخَلْتُ عَلَى أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع فَقَالَ لِي أَنْشِدْنِي فَأَنْشَدْتُهُ فَقَالَ لَا كَمَا تُنْشِدُونَ وَ كَمَا تُرْثِيهِ عِنْدَ قَبْرِهِ فَأَنْشَدْتُهُ

Al-Islam.org translation: “I presented myself before Imam Sadiq (A.S.) whereupon he said to me: "Recite for me a poetry" and so I recited for him. He said "Not in this manner. Recite for me as you recite poems and elegies over the grave of Husain (A.S.)" and so I recited for him (again).”

Source:

1. Al-Majlisee, Behaar Al-Anwaar, vol. 44, pg. 287, hadeeth #25

Grading:

Da’eef Jiddan (Very Weak) or MawDoo’ (Fabricated) because of one Ghullah/Liar and one majhool narrator in the chain

The chain of this hadeeth is also HIGHLY weak. BACK to BACK narrators:

1. SaaliH bin ‘Uqbah bin Qays (Ghaal (exaggerator) and Kadh-dhaab (Liar))

• Source:
  • ibn Al-Ghadaa'iree, vol. 1, pg. 69
  • Al-KhulaaSah, pg. 230

2. Aboo Haaroon Al-Makfoof (Majhool)

• Source:
  • Al-Khu'ee, Mu'jam al-Rijaal

Another hadeeth on Al-Islam.org (http://www.al-islam.org/azadari_40hadith/ : Hadeeth # 7):

[19885] مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عُمَرَ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ الْكَشِّيُّ فِي كِتَابِ الرِّجَالِ عَنْ نَصْرِ بْنِ الصَّبَّاحِ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ عِمْرَانَ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ سِنَانٍ عَنْ زَيْدٍ الشَّحَّامِ فِي حَدِيثٍ أَنَّ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ لِجَعْفَرِ بْنِ عَفَّانَ الطَّائِيِّ بَلَغَنِي أَنَّكَ تَقُولُ الشِّعْرَ فِي الْحُسَيْنِ

Al-Islam.org translation: “There is none who recites poetry about Husain (A.S.) and weeps and makes others weep by means of it, except that Allah makes Paradise incumbent upon him and forgives his sins.”

• Source:
  • 1. Al-‘Aamilee, Wasaa’il Al-Shee’ah, vol. 14, pg. 594, hadeeth #19885
    Grading:
  • Da’eef Jiddan (Very Weak) or MawDoo’ (Fabricated) because of Two Ghullahs (exaggerators) in the chain

The chain of this hadeeth is also HIGHLY weak:

1. NaSr bin Al-SabbaaH (Ghaal (exaggerator))

2. Muhammad bin Sinaan (Ghaal (exaggerator))

Now of course not every hadeeth that speaks about this is da'eef. We have a couple of really SaHeeH ones as well:

1- حدثنا أحمد بن زياد بن جعفر الهمداني بهمدان رضي الله عنه قال حدثنا علي بن إبراهيم بن هاشم عن أبيه عن محمد بن أبي عمير عن عبد الله بن الفضل الهاشمي قال قال أبو عبد الله ع من قال فينا بيت شعر بنى الله تعالى له بيتا في الجنة

Translation: "Whoever said about us a verse of poetry, Allaah (SWT) will build for him a house in paradise."

• Source:
  • 'Uyoon Akhbaar Al-RiDaa, Shaykh Sadooq, vol. 1, pg. 7
    Grading:
  • SaHeeH

*Moral of the Story*: Don't take every hadeeth that sounds good as being what was said by the Ahlul Bayt (as). Remember there were also exaggerators in these chains. So one must critically look at every hadeeth to make sure no fake Islaam has come in. I am not saying that every hadeeth about Imaam Husayn (as) is da'eef or fabricated, but there are some that are. You notice that some of the ones that are SaHeeH though are also around the same matn, but not totally the same.

InshaaAllaah I hope this clarifies things a little.

(salam)

Edited by Abu Abdullaah
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Here is the translation of this last part that avjar posted, what Al-Majlisi said:

"This indicates the unconditional incorrectness of poetry during the night, and during the night and day of the month of Ramadan, even if it is in praise of the imaamsعليهم السلام, and perhaps in praising them (as), he will receive less thawaab than in other times"

But as you can see Al-Majlisi isn't even sure his self he says "la`alahu" which means "maybe or perhaps", meaning this opinion of getting lesser reward isn't based off of concrete textual evidence but his own ijtihaad. It is better to take the iHtiyaaT approach, and not do it at all.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Here is the translation of this last part that avjar posted, what Al-Majlisi said:

"This indicates the unconditional incorrectness of poetry during the night, and during the night and day of the month of Ramadan, even if it is in praise of the imaamsÚáíåã ÇáÓáÇã, and perhaps in praising them (as), he will receive less thawaab than in other times"

But as you can see Al-Majlisi isn't even sure his self he says "la`alahu" which means "maybe or perhaps", meaning this opinion of getting lesser reward isn't based off of concrete textual evidence but his own ijtihaad. It is better to take the iHtiyaaT approach, and not do it at all.

(salam)

(salam)

JazakAllah Khair, that post really helped me.

As for the daeef hadith, I take the opinion that if there is an abundance of them, it increases the chance of them being sahih, in very broad terms, of course. However, I do not have sufficient knowledge to judge, if I find a sahih hadith which is against the teaching of the marja, I will ask them and enquire, however, I will most likely take the opinion of the marja as they are more knowledgeable - ilum ur rijaal, though helpful, has limits. We have hadiths that may be classed as sahih but may be inherently corrupt.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

^ and your site article failed to mention his said words before it was pointed out to you, I wonder why. Was it a mistake on your part? or a deliberate attempt to quote him but only partially till his conclusion that matched yours.

It isn't a deliberate attempt. The reason why Avjar posted this was to show that whenever Ismaa`eel asked his father, the 6th Imaam (as), "Even about us?". He wanted to show that the "us" was related to the Ahl Al-Bayt (as) and poetry in praise of that, and that is the same reason I put it up. The aHaadeeth were explicit and a muHkam hadeeth, no need for "interpretation". I just wanted to show that "us" meant the Ahl Al-Bayt (as).

And even that opinion is his pure speculation and guesswork because he said "maybe / perhaps", as you can see he didn't back up that last statement with hadeeth. I think it is hilarious how something can have "reward" when something is makrooh. I think that baffles me.

Ugh, people will go through hoops just to find a way go against a SaHeeH hadeeth through various isnaad just so they can keep their daily rituals in their local masaajid.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

It isn't a deliberate attempt. The reason why Avjar posted this was to show that whenever Ismaa`eel asked his father, the 6th Imaam (as), "Even about us?". He wanted to show that the "us" was related to the Ahl Al-Bayt (as) and poetry in praise of that, and that is the same reason I put it up. The aHaadeeth were explicit and a muHkam hadeeth, no need for "interpretation". I just wanted to show that "us" meant the Ahl Al-Bayt (as).

And even that opinion is his pure speculation and guesswork because he said "maybe / perhaps", as you can see he didn't back up that last statement with hadeeth. I think it is hilarious how something can have "reward" when something is makrooh. I think that baffles me.

Ugh, people will go through hoops just to find a way go against a SaHeeH hadeeth through various isnaad just so they can keep their daily rituals in their local masaajid.

(salam)

Avjar actually posted the whole thing in Arabic, unlike you. As hilarious as it may sound to you, you use Al-Majlisi's opinion about sihat of the hadith but you don't take and don't care what made him say the rest.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(wasalam)

Or people will go through hoops branding each hadith thats matin looks perfectly acceptable as daif just because there maybe one unreliable narrator, my point was ilm ur rijaal is not the end-all. I worry when the imam comes people may not accept his Sunnah, rasing concerns over what hadiths were dhaif and hadiths that were sahih (if he may appear to be contradicting them, ie they were never sahih in the first place).

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Avjar actually posted the whole thing in Arabic, unlike you. As hilarious as it may sound to you, you use Al-Majlisi's opinion about sihat of the hadith but you don't take and don't care what made him say the rest.

Avjar posted the full arabic and didn't translate the last part, and he did it in an informal discussion board. While me on the other had to do it in a formal blog post / article. So there is a difference in the way of approach. Abu Abdullaah could've very well graded this hadeeth SaHeeH himself, but when you put Al-Majlisi, it holds weight to peoples eyes. Remember what Al-Majlisi said was his opnion, not based off of hadeeth, it was a "maybe".

If you didn't notice, Abu Abdullaah picks out the flaws in Al-Majlisi's gradings and his inconsistencies of his gradings for a hadeeth with the same isnaad and matn.

Or people will go through hoops branding each hadith thats matin looks perfectly acceptable as daif just because there maybe one unreliable narrator, my point was ilm ur rijaal is not the end-all. I worry when the imam comes people may not accept his Sunnah, rasing concerns over what hadiths were dhaif and hadiths that were sahih (if he may appear to be contradicting them, ie they were never sahih in the first place).

There are SaHeeH hadeeth that talk about poetry in the praise of the Ahl Al-Bayt (as). You might see a contradiction, but I don't. Both of these hadeeth can be easily reconciled.

I just think it is funny how every single one of our events happen at night, and that is when we are doing nohas / latmiyyah, and qaseedas / nasheeds. There is a time and place for the poetry in praise of the Ahl Al-Bayt (as), the schedule has already been set up by the Ahl Al-Bayt (as) themselves, it is our job to obey them, or not. Just like in a job, when your boss makes you a schedule, you can't come in whenever you like, you have to obey that schedule, as we should obey this schedule.

Schedule is: No poetry, even in praise of the Ahl Al-Bayt (as) (meaning no poetry / qaseedas / nohas) during:

1. RamaDaan - during the night or in the day
  2. Every single night
  3. On the day of Jumu'ah - all day
  4. In a Masjid
  5. In iHraam
  6. In the Haram of Makkah

Now we should try our hardest to obey our Ahl Al-Bayt (as), whom we all claim to "love" to much.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Veteran Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

"This indicates the unconditional incorrectness of poetry during the night, and during the night and day of the month of Ramadan, even if it is in praise of the imaamsÚáíåã ÇáÓáÇã, and perhaps in praising them (as), he will receive less thawaab than in other times"

(salam)

You are Here To Deviate Shias with Your So Called Methodology of Comprehending the Hadith or By Twisting the Meaning!

First Al-Majlisi Didn't Say It was Disliked Rather He Is Talking About Getting Less Thawaab or May be Not!

See What Allama Faidh [rah] Says:

æÞÇá ÇáÝíÖ ÑÍãå Çááå: áÇä ßæäå Ýí ãÏÍåã Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã áÇ íÎÑÌå Úä ÇáÊÎííá ÇáÔÚÑì

He Says: As if the Poetry is in the Praise of Ahl ul Bayt (as), It will NOT Alter the Imagination

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

You are Here To Deviate Shias with Your So Called Methodology of Comprehending the Hadith or By Twisting the Meaning!

Twisting the meaning? No need to say Al-Majlisi said "disliked". How about you read the hadeeth related to this issue. You are putting scholarly opinion over clear muHkam SaHeeH hadeeth.

I wonder how that scholar can wrap his head around the hadeeth that has been presented in the article here

How about you see what Al-`Aamilee has to say about Poetry.

13 بَابُ كَرَاهَةِ إِنْشَادِ الشِّعْرِ لَيْلًا وَ فِي الصَّوْمِ وَ فِي شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ وَ إِنْ كَانَ شِعْرَ حَقٍّ

"Chapter on dislike of reciting poetry at night, and while fasting, and in the month of RamaDaan, and even if it is true"

• Source:
  • Al-`Aamilee, Wasaa'il Al-Shee`ah, vol. 10, pg. 169, ch. 13

^^ within this section he has the hadeeth about the Ahl Al-bayt, he put the general "truth" so it'll include both truth and ahl al-bayt. ^^

14 بَابُ كَرَاهَةِ إِنْشَادِ الشِّعْرِ فِي الْمَسْجِدِ وَ التَّحَدُّثِ بِأَحَادِيثِ الدُّنْيَا فِيهِ دُونَ قِرَاءَةِ الْقُرْآنِ

"Chapter on the dislike of reciting poetry in the masjid..."

• Source:
  • Al-`Aamilee, Wasaa'il Al-Shee`ah, vol. 5, pg. 213, ch. 14

^^ In this section is where the hadeeth of not reading poetry in the masjid is narrated ^^

19 ـ باب كراهة قول رمضان من غير اضافة إلى الشهر ، وعدم تحريمه ، وكفارة ذلك ، وكراهة إنشاد الشعر فيه ليلا ونهارا

19 – Chapter on the dislike of saying Ramadan without appending the month, and the absence of its forbiddance, and the atonement for that, and the dislike of reciting poetry in it by night and by day.

Source: http://www.*******.org/hadiths/fasting/not-saying-ramadan-without-appending-the-month

And here are what some other Scholars have said concerning this hadeeth.

(12) يكره أيضا

إنشاد الشعر و إن كان حقا

"(Thing) Also Makrooh"

"Reciting poetry, and even if it is true"

• Source:
  • Al-Khawaanasaaree (d. 1113 AH), Takmeel Mashaariq Al-Shamoos fee SharH Al-Duroos, pg. 440

^^ In this section he has narrated the hadeeth about not reciting poetry in ramadaan, night, etc the one that Ismaa`eel asked the 6th Imaam (as), and he has said the hadeeth is SaHeeH ^^

و يكره إنشاد الشعر؛ لأنّ فيه منعا عن الاشتغال بالذكر.

“And the dislike of reciting poetry, because it prevents us from occupying (ourselves) in dhikr”

• Source:
  • `Allaamah Al-Hillee (d. 726), Muntahee Al-MuTallab fee taHqeeq al-madhhab, vol. 9, pg. 460

^^ In this section he has narrated the hadeeth about not reciting poetry in ramadaan, night, etc the one that Ismaa`eel asked the 6th Imaam (as), he has also said the hadeeth is SaHeeH ^^

Karaahah = makrooh = disliked

Once again, the length people will go through just to keep their rituals.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Veteran Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Twisting the meaning? No need to say Al-Majlisi said "disliked". How about you read the hadeeth related to this issue. You are putting scholarly opinion over clear muHkam SaHeeH hadeeth.

I wonder how that scholar can wrap his head around the hadeeth that has been presented in the article here

How about you see what Al-`Aamilee has to say about Poetry.

13 ÈóÇÈõ ßóÑóÇåóÉö ÅöäúÔóÇÏö ÇáÔöøÚúÑö áóíúáðÇ æó Ýöí ÇáÕóøæúãö æó Ýöí ÔóåúÑö ÑóãóÖóÇäó æó Åöäú ßóÇäó ÔöÚúÑó ÍóÞòø

"Chapter on dislike of reciting poetry at night, and while fasting, and in the month of RamaDaan, and even if it is true"

• Source:
  • Al-`Aamilee, Wasaa'il Al-Shee`ah, vol. 10, pg. 169, ch. 13

^^ within this section he has the hadeeth about the Ahl Al-bayt, he put the general "truth" so it'll include both truth and ahl al-bayt. ^^

14 ÈóÇÈõ ßóÑóÇåóÉö ÅöäúÔóÇÏö ÇáÔöøÚúÑö Ýöí ÇáúãóÓúÌöÏö æó ÇáÊóøÍóÏõøËö ÈöÃóÍóÇÏöíËö ÇáÏõøäúíóÇ Ýöíåö Ïõæäó ÞöÑóÇÁóÉö ÇáúÞõÑúÂäö

"Chapter on the dislike of reciting poetry in the masjid..."

• Source:
  • Al-`Aamilee, Wasaa'il Al-Shee`ah, vol. 5, pg. 213, ch. 14

^^ In this section is where the hadeeth of not reading poetry in the masjid is narrated ^^

19 Ü ÈÇÈ ßÑÇåÉ Þæá ÑãÖÇä ãä ÛíÑ ÇÖÇÝÉ Åáì ÇáÔåÑ ¡ æÚÏã ÊÍÑíãå ¡ æßÝÇÑÉ Ðáß ¡ æßÑÇåÉ ÅäÔÇÏ ÇáÔÚÑ Ýíå áíáÇ æäåÇÑÇ

19 – Chapter on the dislike of saying Ramadan without appending the month, and the absence of its forbiddance, and the atonement for that, and the dislike of reciting poetry in it by night and by day.

Source: http://www.*******.org/hadiths/fasting/not-saying-ramadan-without-appending-the-month

Karaahah = makrooh = disliked

Once again, the length people will go through just to keep their rituals.

(salam)

What Stupid Deviant you are, Lahalwala, You are Deviating Shias Here!

For Example: A is a Truthful Person, I Praise him In Poetry 'Oh you A a truthful Person'

It is True, But It is Not Allowed while Fasting, Night According to Criteria of the Hadith,

You are Putting the Same Hadith Again and Again Which Doesn't Mention about The Poetry in The Praise/Mourning for Ahl ul Bayt (as).

But We Have Sahih Hadiths Like Getting Thawaab When We Write/Seek Poetry In the Praise/Mourning of Ahl ul Bayt (as) without Any Condition Mention in it!

Also our Scholars are Unanimously Agreed that The Poetry in the Praise/Mourning of Ahl ul bayt (as) was Never Disliked in Anyway!

These Maraj3a Karaam Also have the Same Rulings!

ÇáãÑÌÚ ÇáÞÇÆÏ ÇáÎÇãäÆí

ÇáãÑÌÚ ÇáÔíÎ ãÍãÏ ÇáÝÇÖá ÇááäßÑÇäí

ÇáãÑÌÚ ÇáÔíÎ äÇÕÑ ãßÇÑã ÇáÔíÑÇÒí

ÇáãÑÌÚ ÇáÓíÏ Úáí ÇáÓíÓÊÇäí

ÇáãÑÌÚ ÇáÓíÏ ÕÇÏÞ ÇáÔíÑÇÒí

ÇáãÑÌÚ ÇáÓíÏ ãÍãÏ ÇáÔÇåÑæÏí

ÇáãÑÌÚ ÇáÓíÏ ãÍãÏ ÓÚíÏ ÇáÍßíã

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

What Stupid Deviant you are, Lahalwala, You are Deviating Shias Here!

Great akhlaaq! Keep up the good work! Shows how much you are representing your Ahl Al-Bayt (as).

You are Putting the Same Hadith Again and Again Which Doesn't Mention about The Poetry in The Praise/Mourning for Ahl ul Bayt (as).

But We Have Sahih Hadiths Like Getting Thawaab When We Write/Seek Poetry In the Praise/Mourning of Ahl ul Bayt (as) without Any Condition Mention in it!

The issue is, you don't know how to reconcile hadeeth. I am going to post this from the blog, since you didn't seem to read it.

وَ بِالْإِسْنَادِ عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ لَا يُنْشَدُ الشِّعْرُ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا يُنْشَدُ فِي شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا نَهَارٍ فَقَالَ لَهُ إِسْمَاعِيلُ يَا أَبَتَاهْ فَإِنَّهُ فِينَا قَالَ وَ إِنْ كَانَ فِينَا

And in the isnaad from Hammaad bin 'Uthmaan from Abee 'Abd Allaah (عليه السلام): says "Do not sing/recite poetry in the night and do not sing/recite (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day. So Ismaa`eel (bin Ja`far) said to him (عليه السلام): Oh Father, even if it is about us (meaning Ahl Al-Bayt)? He (عليه السلام) said: Even if it is about us.”

• Source:
  • Al-‘Aamilee, Wasaa’il Al-Shee’ah, vol. 10, pg. 169, hadeeth #13137
  • Al-Toosee, Al-Tahdheeb, vol. 4, pg. 195, hadeeth #4
    Grading:
  • Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)
    --> Milaadh al Akhyaar, vol. 6, pg. 515

And his narrating Al-Kulaynee from ‘Alee bin Ibraaheem from his father from ibn Abee ‘Umayr from Hammaad bin ‘Uthmaan from Al-Saadiq (عليه السلام): "Do not sing/recite poetry in the night and do not sing/recite (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day. So Ismaa`eel (bin Ja`far) said to him (عليه السلام): 'Oh Father, even if it is about us (meaning Ahl Al-Bayt)'? He (عليه السلام) said: 'Even if it is about us.'"

• Source:
  • Al-Kulaynee, Al-Kaafee, vol. 4, pg. 88, hadeeth #6
    Grading:
  • Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is Hasan (Good)
    --> Miraat al- ‘Uqool, vol. 16, pg. 249

According to your logic, these hadeeth are contradictory. But once again, as I have said they can easily be reconciled in that you cannot recite poetry during the timings that are giving. I am not totally against poetry in praise of the Ahl Al-Bayt (as), but you cannot recite it at the times that are said not to be recited. And unfortunately, all of our programs happen at night time, which means it is going against the hadeeth.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Veteran Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Great akhlaaq! Keep up the good work! Shows how much you are representing your Ahl Al-Bayt (as).

The issue is, you don't know how to reconcile hadeeth. I am going to post this from the blog, since you didn't seem to read it.

æó ÈöÇáúÅöÓúäóÇÏö Úóäú ÍóãóøÇÏö Èúäö ÚõËúãóÇäó Úóäú ÃóÈöí ÚóÈúÏö Çááóøåö Ú ÞóÇáó áóÇ íõäúÔóÏõ ÇáÔöøÚúÑõ Èöáóíúáò æó áóÇ íõäúÔóÏõ Ýöí ÔóåúÑö ÑóãóÖóÇäó Èöáóíúáò æó áóÇ äóåóÇÑò ÝóÞóÇáó áóåõ ÅöÓúãóÇÚöíáõ íóÇ ÃóÈóÊóÇåú ÝóÅöäóøåõ ÝöíäóÇ ÞóÇáó æó Åöäú ßóÇäó ÝöíäóÇ

And in the isnaad from Hammaad bin 'Uthmaan from Abee 'Abd Allaah (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã): says "Do not sing/recite poetry in the night and do not sing/recite (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day. So Ismaa`eel (bin Ja`far) said to him (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã): Oh Father, even if it is about us (meaning Ahl Al-Bayt)? He (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) said: Even if it is about us.”

• Source:
  • Al-‘Aamilee, Wasaa’il Al-Shee’ah, vol. 10, pg. 169, hadeeth #13137
  • Al-Toosee, Al-Tahdheeb, vol. 4, pg. 195, hadeeth #4
    Grading:
  • Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)
    --> Milaadh al Akhyaar, vol. 6, pg. 515

æó ÑóæóÇåõ Çáúßõáóíúäöíõø Úóäú Úóáöíöø Èúäö ÅöÈúÑóÇåöíãó Úóäú ÃóÈöíåö Úóäö ÇÈúäö ÃóÈöí ÚõãóíúÑò Úóäú ÍóãóøÇÏö Èúäö ÚõËúãóÇäó Úóäö ÇáÕóøÇÏöÞö Úþ áóÇ íõäúÔóÏõ ÇáÔöøÚúÑõ Èöáóíúáò æó áóÇ íõäúÔóÏõ Ýöí ÔóåúÑö ÑóãóÖóÇäó Èöáóíúáò æó áóÇ äóåóÇÑò ÝóÞóÇáó áóåõ ÅöÓúãóÇÚöíáõ íóÇ ÃóÈóÊóÇåú ÝóÅöäóøåõ ÝöíäóÇ ÞóÇáó æó Åöäú ßóÇäó ÝöíäóÇ

And his narrating Al-Kulaynee from ‘Alee bin Ibraaheem from his father from ibn Abee ‘Umayr from Hammaad bin ‘Uthmaan from Al-Saadiq (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã): "Do not sing/recite poetry in the night and do not sing/recite (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day. So Ismaa`eel (bin Ja`far) said to him (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã): 'Oh Father, even if it is about us (meaning Ahl Al-Bayt)'? He (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) said: 'Even if it is about us.'"

• Source:
  • Al-Kulaynee, Al-Kaafee, vol. 4, pg. 88, hadeeth #6
    Grading:
  • Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is Hasan (Good)
    --> Miraat al- ‘Uqool, vol. 16, pg. 249

According to your logic, these hadeeth are contradictory. But once again, as I have said they can easily be reconciled in that you cannot recite poetry during the timings that are giving. I am not totally against poetry in praise of the Ahl Al-Bayt (as), but you cannot recite it at the times that are said not to be recited. And unfortunately, all of our programs happen at night time, which means it is going against the hadeeth.

(salam)

Alhamdu lillah I don't Respect Muqassirs!

So, I made my Point for your Last Post :)

And for This Hadith Where Ahl ul bayt (as) are Mentioned (only a single one), We need to See other Sahih Hadith allows the Poetry in Praise/Mourning (Which are large in numbers, without any Condition) to Reconcile with This one + Opinion of our Great Ulemas, And you Better Know What It Is ;)

P:S This Hadith Only Mention Ramadan!

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

P:S This Hadith Only Mention Ramadan!

Umm, I don't think you've read the hadeeth right.

قَالَ لَا يُنْشَدُ الشِّعْرُ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا يُنْشَدُ فِي شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ بِلَيْلٍ وَ لَا نَهَارٍ

"Do not sing/recite poetry in the night and do not sing/recite (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day.."

Plus you use other hadeeth to add to this, since the matn is the same. Such as the first one posted by Abu Abdullaah on the blog. It says the other timings. You use hadeeth with other hadeeth to expand it.

Where do you get "without any condition" from? Bring me a SaHeeH hadeeth states this. Do you know what word is used for "unconditional" in fuSHa arabic used in hadeeth usually? It is muTlaqa (مطلقا). Here I gave you a keyword for your search in these mysterious unconditional hadeeth.

Heck, I showed you even Al-`Aamilee said the hadeeth mean "dislike" during the night, and during ramaDaan in the night and in the day, etc...

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

I would like to make clear that there is nothing wrong in reciting poetry in an Islamic gathering for love of Ahlul Bayt, bar Ramadan.

Muhammad bin al-Hasan in his isnaad from ‘Alee bin Mahziyaar (and in his isnaad from Ahmad bin Muhammad all from Ibn Abee 'Umayr) from Hammaad bin 'Uthmaan, He said I heard Abaa '‘Abd Allaah (عليه السلام) say: Narrating poetry is disliked while fasting, and while in iHraam, and in the Haram and on the day of Jum'ah and to narrate in the night. He said: I said: and If the poem was true? He said: And (even) if the poem was true.

This is only one hadith, and you even state that it is declared daif.

Please see this: http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=4422

Imam Redha (as) said (to De'bil, a poet sincerely devoted to the Ahlul Bayt):I desire that you recite for me poetry, for surely, these days (of the month of Muharram) are the days of grief and sorrow, which have passed over us, Ahlul Bayt.

Mustadrak al‑Wasail, vol 10, pg. 386.

Imam Abu Ja’far al-Baqir (‘a) said the following to al-Kumait when the latter recited for him his poem which starts with “Who shall solace a heart suffering from overflowing passion?”: “May you always be supported by the Holy Spirit".

p. 5 of ‘Uyun Akhbar al-Riďa (‘a) by as-Saduq.

When al-Kumait once sought permission of Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) during the days of tashriq to recite his poem to him, the Imam (‘a) thought it was quite a serious offence to recite poetry during such great days. But when al-Kumait said to him, “It is composed about you (Ahl al-Bayt [as]),” the father of ‘Abdullah (‘a) became quite relaxed because doing so is obligatory due to its resulting in keeping the traditions of Ahl al-Bayt (‘a) alive. Then he called upon some of his family members to join them both, whereupon al-Kumait recited his poem. There was a great deal of weeping when he recited the verse saying,

Shooters hit thereby the mark the others are missing:

O last one led to misguidance by the first: Do listen!

It was then that Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) raised his hands and supplicated saying, “O Allah! Forgive al-Kumait's sins, the ones he committed, and the ones he will commit, the ones he hid, and the ones he revealed! And grant him, O Lord, of Your favours till he is pleased!”

p. 118, Vol. 15, of Al-Aghani and also on p. 27, Vol. 2, of Ma’ahid al-Tani.

See more ahadith here: http://www.al-islam.org/maqtal/17.htm#_ftn215

If reciting poetry was such a hindrance at particular times, other than Ramadan, we would see more ahadith on such claims. Note the hadith where the Imam says he cannot sleep because of thinking of the poetry that was recited in the link posted above.

One believer relates that he saw in his dream that he was talking to the angel who keeps record of the people who are going to enter heaven. He asked the angel about a famous scholar called Sayyid Hassan Shirazi who was assassinated by the Baathist regime of Saddam Husayn, the ruler of Iraq in the year 1980 in Beirut.

The Angel looked in his records as the believer described Sayyid Hassan Shirazi to be a scholar who was of great faith, who had built a Hauza in Syria, as well having established so many projects. The Angel did not seem to find the name of Sayyid Shirazi, so the believer urged him to look at the list of authors who have written Islamic books. The believer mentioned the names of the books that Sayyid Shirazi had written: the like of Kalimatullah, Kalimatul – Rasul, Kalimatul Imam Hassan and Kalimatul Imam Mahdi. Despite all the references given still the angel found it hard to find the name of Sayyid Shirazi amongst the people going to Paradise.

Finally after renting his brain the believer mentined that Sayyid Shirazi was also a poet who had written many poems in honour of Imam Husayn (a.s.). This is when the angel looked into the list of poets and finally found the name of Sayyid Shirazi

Qasas Wal Khawatir Page 4o4

Edited by Ya Baqiyatullah (aj)
  • Veteran Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Umm, I don't think you've read the hadeeth right.

ÞóÇáó áóÇ íõäúÔóÏõ ÇáÔöøÚúÑõ Èöáóíúáò æó áóÇ íõäúÔóÏõ Ýöí ÔóåúÑö ÑóãóÖóÇäó Èöáóíúáò æó áóÇ äóåóÇÑò

"Do not sing/recite poetry in the night and do not sing/recite (poetry) in the month of Ramadaan in the night and the day.."

Plus you use other hadeeth to add to this, since the matn is the same. Such as the first one posted by Abu Abdullaah on the blog. It says the other timings. You use hadeeth with other hadeeth to expand it.

Where do you get "without any condition" from? Bring me a SaHeeH hadeeth states this. Do you know what word is used for "unconditional" in fuSHa arabic used in hadeeth usually? It is muTlaqa (ãØáÞÇ). Here I gave you a keyword for your search in these mysterious unconditional hadeeth.

Heck, I showed you even Al-`Aamilee said the hadeeth mean "dislike" during the night, and during ramaDaan in the night and in the day, etc...

(salam)

I think you Love to Confuse yourself?!

Al-Amaliee Didn't Mention about the Ahl ul Bayt (as), I made that Thing Clear in My Second Last Post! But You Love to Argue Without Even Reading What I Wrote Before!

You are Messing with the Poetry and The Poetry About Ahl ul Bayt (as),

I have Showed you The Hadiths Where Imam (as) has Said About Getting Thawaab In Reciting Poetry in The Praise/Mourning of Ahl ul bayt (as) + opinion of Early Scholar + Ruling of Maraj3a Karaam, That Reciting Poetry About Ahl ul bayt (as) was Never Disliked!

Now Don't Put The Views of Scholar Here About Poetry only!

Show Me Any Scholar Saying Don't Recite Poetry About Ahl ul bayt (as) on that and that Day or Night!

As for the Hadith above You want Us To Pick Single Hadith (which needs to be understand in the light of other Sahiah) and Forget the Rest (which are large in numbers!)

• Advanced Member

I think you Love to Confuse yourself?!

Al-Amaliee Didn't Mention about the Ahl ul Bayt (as), I made that Thing Clear in My Second Last Post! But You Love to Argue Without Even Reading What I Wrote Before!

From what I understand, Shaykh al-Hurr al-Amuli (ar) did considered it makruh to recite poetry about Ahlul Bayt (as) in ramadhan.

In Wasael Vol. 14, he mentions a hadith (weak) which is about the permissibility of reciting/writing(?) poetry about Ahlul Bayt (as) in ramadan. He reconciled this hadith by saying:

æáÚá åÐÇ ãÎÕæÕ ÈÅäÔÇÁ ÇáÑËÇÁ Ïæä ÅäÔÇÏå ¡ Ãæ Úáì ÇáÌæÇÒ ¡ æãÇ ãÑ Úáì ÇáßÑÇåÉ

http://www.rafed.net/books/hadith/wasael-14/14030.html , pg. 599

From what I understand, he considers writing poetry about Ahlul Bayt (as) in Ramadhan as mustahab, but to recite it in Ramadhan or Friday or nights is makruh.

w/s