Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ahmad.G

Florida Church Plans "burn A Quran Day"

Rate this topic

(salam)

Please don’t be emotional.

We should let them burn the Quran. This will only expose their hatred to Islam and Muslim on live TV.

Maybe now people will believe when we say Islam is not respected in the USA.

Salam brother

No religion is respected in USA , not even Christianity , USA is not a Christian nation but a Gang of thugs , if they were Christian then the money spent making bombs and destroying the middle east it would have been spent saving millions of lives in Africa , and other needy country's

Armenia the Firs Christian kingdom 301 AD , America spits on our country and what we stand for they think because we do business with Iran we are the same , well America is right because I stand for the Islamic Republic of Iran with my Blood and my forefathers blood .

Allaah uakabar .. mar ba America. Inshalla I can only say Lay one finger on my country and you will see.

N

On CNN they want to burn the Quran bec it is evil

what say you now rhi donor what to do or say anything ????

Act

write

speak out

(salam)

Please don’t be emotional.

We should let them burn the Quran. This will only expose their hatred to Islam and Muslim on live TV.

Maybe now people will believe when we say Islam is not respected in the USA.

Dear sis let themby bot going over there and starting a fight I agree

but not let them by staying quiet and saying Koran is evil someone curses someone you love

you stay quiet or you stay calm but defend in civil mannar

or u stay quiet ???

Some of you don't seem to get it. If we do absolutely nothing, these guys will look stupid and will only shoot themselves in the foot, but if we react in any way that will be the story. During his time in Mecca, the Holy Prophet (pbuh) had to put up with many humiliations, but he never reacted. We should learn from this, and try to use our brains rather than simply acting on our emotions.

The situation is very delicate at the moment, and there is a lot of propaganda out there against us. Clear islamophobes like the ones identified at the top of the website http://www.loonwatch.com/ , are routinely invited onto American TV channels, and give lectures around the world. They also have many websites. I think some aren't aware of quite how much hate and misinformation there is among some people, and you might want to go to youtube and search for the names mentioned on the above website, or search for 'fox islam', and see what is going on. You might also want to take a look at the film 'fitna' if you haven't already. Make no mistake, more and more people are being exposed to this stuff.

We need to present a better picture of Islam in order to help calm the situation, or something terrible could happen not so long from now. Muslims need to start thinking strategically, not emotionally.

Edited by Haider Husayn

Some of you don't seem to get it. If we do absolutely nothing, these guys will look stupid and will only shoot themselves in the foot, but if we react in any way that will be the story. During his time in Mecca, the Holy Prophet (pbuh) had to put up with many humiliations, but he never reacted. We should learn from this, and try to use our brains rather than simply acting on our emotions.

The situation is very delicate at the moment, and there is a lot of propaganda out there against us. Clear islamophobes like the ones identified at the top of the website http://www.loonwatch.com/ , are routinely invited onto American TV channels, and give lectures around the world. They also have many websites. I think some aren't aware of quite how much hate and misinformation there is among some people, and you might want to go to youtube and search for the names mentioned on the above website, or search for 'fox islam', and see what is going on. You might also want to take a look at the film 'fitna' if you haven't already. Make no mistake, more and more people are being exposed to this stuff.

We need to present a better picture of Islam in order to help calm the situation, or something terrible could happen not so long from now. Muslimsneed to start thinking strategically, not emotionally.

Exactly brother , Eductation is the true way just like the prophets who taught the masses we should do the same , i reckon we should hand in hand delete those false believers Christian or Muslim and regain the true word of G_D .

Or we shall face Armageddon .

inshahlla

N

Brothers and Sisters,

This horrible act by the so-called peace loving Christians deserve a response that they should never be allowed to forget. Pastor Tarry Jones has just opened a Pandora’s box of Evil.

If we have any loyalty to Islam, we should unite, and pull together our resources, and expose Christianity and Bible for what it really is.

Example - Bible incites War, Imposing of force labour, Killing the occupants of the town, Plunder, Taking Women Captive and enjoying the loot.

Deuteronomy 20: 10-14: - As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labour. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

There is a lot more. We need to research. Most is on the Internet already. Our collective efforts can go a long way towards promoting the true message of Islam and expose the enemies.

If some brothers can start a website “answering Tarry Jones” – it would inshallah open the eyes of many Christians, defeat his evil intentions, and bring about a backlash from all quarters upon him.

I do not have the ability and therefore I am putting this idea forward hopping some brother can take this up. Any better idea, to respond to this aggression will be much appreciated.

Lets bring in the spirit of Co-operation and march forward united on this issue.

Here's an idea. How about people with no functional knowledge of Christians or of the dynamics of American society NOT start stirring up clumsy efforts that will blow up in our faces and alienate people even more. Want to help? For God's sake, don't do anything. You don't know what you are doing.

^Lets not go off topic. Christians love Jesus, Sunnis love Abu Bakr. Let's leave it at that.

Back on topic: When they burn the Quran, kiss the one you own and thank Allah (swt) that you're not one of them. This is why its haram to give the Quran to kafirs.

I have no problem with average Sunni or Christians, but everyone should listen to brother kadhim. The last thing we need is people who don't know what they are talking about attacking Christians or Christianity. I don't understand what is so hard about doing nothing. Do people have so little self-control? Islam is not about showing how macho we are by protesting everytime somone provokes us.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Vatican Condemns Quran-Burning

...The Vatican has denounced the plan as "outrageous and grave."

The Vatican office responsible for relations with Islam issued a stern statement saying every religion has the right to respect and protect its sacred books, places of worship and symbols...

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Vatican-Condemns-Quran-Burning--102461944.html

ap_us_quran_burning_jones_480_08sep10.jpg

^ Note time of planned event on the pastor's sign.

So what if they burn the book, Qur'an sales WILL go up due to this controversy. Every time you ban or burn a book, people get curious and want to get a copy. Heck, the whole "evil" accusation might get a whole generation of rebellious teens to read it for themselves! It worked for Luther, it can work for Muslims too.

Marketing it would become so easy for dawah too... Qur'ans can be packaged with a dust jacket with a label that says that says "Politically incorrect, Cryptic, Mysterious, Dark, Taboo, Scandalous, and BANNED IN FLORIDA!"

This is exactly the kind of way Muslims should be thinking, not about how to get even.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't think it would take 3 hours to burn. He must have other things in mind, such as preaching or screeching his hatred.

I'm suprised by the apathy of some here towards the plan to burn the Qur'an, with all due respect to the ones who posted these comments but saying things like its just the printed sheets of paper they intend to burn or let them burn the Qur'an to illustrate the religious intolerance in the US, these opinions are ignoring a fundamental point, this is a insult to Allah Subhanhu wa ta Ala', the Messenger (s) and every believer.

The Qur'an is the uncreated word of Allah jala wa Ala', , it is a sacred text and it is our duty as followers of this sacred text to defend its sancity and honor.

The Qur'an will be preserved and protected by Allah azzawajjal, but its the principle of this burn the Qur'an day which is the big insult to our faith, we must express our opposition to this and theres need to be a concerted counter campaign, i.e. youtube, facebook and twitter campaigns to highlight the impeccable beauty of the Qur'an on the day same day as the burn the Qur'an day, aswell as protests and demonstrations, as well as articles and blogs, call into news programs or radio discussions etc, in other words theres need to be a theoretical and practical response to this burn the Qur'an day.

They only seek to desensitise and weaken the Muslims, when they drew the Prophet (s) cartoons, when they had the draw Muhammad day and now this burn the Qur'an day, there main objective is to desensistise us, so we need to be vigilant and proactive in our defence of our deen and not fall into a passive, defeatist slumber.

^You know, a minority of Muslims do that. And burning a sacred scripture is nothing like burning a flag. A flag only represents the pride of a country, whereas the Quran is so much more.

I agree with you that it is probably mostly extremists that are burning flags. Although a flag represents more to most people than just pride. It represents the ideals of a country. Many people have died protecting what the flag represents.

I think this pastor is doing something tasteless and not in the best interest for furthering relations between muslims and non-muslims. It is just one church, which is said to have less than 50 members. Most other churches as well as government leaders are denouncing what he is doing, which is a good thing.

I think people should stop hyping this up and creating publicity - its a measly church in the middle of nowhere - dude, burning a book of the Qur'an will in no way affect us when the words of the Qur'an are embedded in our hearts - don't start thinking the whole world is against us just because some crazy man wants to burn a few - god will deal with him, we don't have to. and if he seriously thinks he's pleasing jesus, he's got another thing coming.

Don't think about retaliation

And the people above are right, this will only attract more people into actually reading the Qur'an and inshallah get more people closer to the deen :)

Salem Brothers and Sisters.

By the Name of G_D the merciful he who is so compassionate

Please do not make the mistake that all Christians are like this .

As i have posted here before my faith condones this act . I respect and my fellow brothers and sisters respect all Holy books , Please do not hate Christianity but destroy those who use its good name to act in such disgusting way . THESE ARE NOT CHRISTIANS but false believers.

I Hope in the name of G_D that you understand me , i hope in the name of Muhammad ( PBUH ) and his peaceful family you do > do the right thing and look deep and understand the different sects of Christianity who have destroyed it true meaning of love and peace .

Peace be upon you my brothers and sisters and may G_D guide you with your decision

Amen

N

Edited by nemesis

^+1

I respect Christians more than Sunnis.

(bismillah) (salam)

^ I respect sunnis more than I respect christians.

I won't say whether I respect Christians or Sunnis more, but at least Christians respect their Prophet more than Sunnis do.

These kinds of comments are immature and unnecessary. We should respect everyone regardless of what sect, religion, race etc. that they belong to. We are all free to practice and believe what we want, and none of us are entitled to judge who is a better person, or who deserves more respect. I would probably respond similarly to those participating in burning copies of the Quran.

I did live in America during 9/11, and in the years after I participated in many initiatives to educate people about Islam and Muslims. After all the work that we as Muslims in the west put into assimilating to Western culture, and educating people around us about the values and principles of Islam, it really is disheartening to hear about things like this going on. It sort of feels like we've generally failed in eradicating even a fraction of those misconceptions. On top of that, it makes me wonder "are we every really going to be accepted?". Its rather frustrating to feel this way, because the Western world really does have a lot to offer in terms of opportunities and freedoms that you can't benefit from in very many places around the world.

If people want to burn copies of the Quran, let them. They have a right to demonstrate against things they don't believe in. Similarly, people in the Muslim world, and even on this forum, regularly lash out against other religions and types of people. This is just one group's way of expressing their distaste for Islam. Any kind of reaction would pretty much play into the hands of those participating in this event. They want to see our reactions...they want to see Muslims lash out against them, their beliefs, and their right to demonstrate.

They only seek to desensitise and weaken the Muslims, when they drew the Prophet (s) cartoons, when they had the draw Muhammad day and now this burn the Qur'an day, there main objective is to desensistise us, so we need to be vigilant and proactive in our defence of our deen and not fall into a passive, defeatist slumber.

You have missed the point completely. What they are trying to do is no desensitise us, it is to get us to react so that they can further demonize us.

By your logic, when the Prophet (pbuh) and his ahlul bayt (as), who are also signs of Allah (swt), were insulted and humiliated during their lifetimes, it was the duty of theor followers to rise up and do something? No. There is a time and a place. You have to judge each situation on its own merits and think about the consequences.

If someone wanted to do something, I would suggest the following.

The things is,you really have to be smart and understand what kind of reaction someone is expecting from you. And then you turn them around with something completely unexpected, something ironic.

Here you have some so-called """"Christians"""" doing something completely un-Christian.

They are doing this to provoke the stereotypical "Moozlem savage" reaction - self righteous rage, bad teeth bared, spraying spittle, big beard, screaming something incoherent at the camera, preferably with a few misspelled signs. Man that stuff just edits itself for the six o'clock news.

No.

You come in and give an object lesson of what a real Christian is like - from a Muslim.

Turn the other cheek, judging not lest you be judged.

Don't offer a reaction, but if asked, express quiet, restrained disappointment. "I feel sad for these people, that this is the only way they can think of to express themselves. It's embarassing to see. May God forgive and guide them." If you can smoothly weave in an anecdote of Muhammad turning the other cheek with those who abused him, cherry on top.

These people are left looking like idiots.

Situation expertly disamed.

That's how you play the game.

They are burning the Koran becuase they say islam is evil how can any Muslim say let's let them do it,????

No let's fight them

but with our pens

media

debates

write people

protest

peacefully

Faris gooood points

Edited by karbalah

You have missed the point completely. What they are trying to do is no desensitise us, it is to get us to react so that they can further demonize us.

By your logic, when the Prophet (pbuh) and his ahlul bayt (as), who are also signs of Allah (swt), were insulted and humiliated during their lifetimes, it was the duty of theor followers to rise up and do something? No. There is a time and a place. You have to judge each situation on its own merits and think about the consequences.

If only this was the case, this sort of thing does not require a rudimentary, superficial analysis but a analysis which stems from history as well as contemporary events. When ever there is a flurry of anti-Islamic actions the same pattern is always repeated, the first few are to induce a knee jerk reactive response, when the outspoken of the community speak out and are snatched from their communities leaving behind the mainsteam, the subsequent Islamophobic acts slowly wind down Islamic activism by committing anti-muslim attack after attack. The response from the Muslims is thus susceptable to passivism as an implication of the first step (s), a dilemma further exacperated when our community leaders are out of touch with the times.

As I said before, if on the day of the Qur'an if we produced clips on facebook, youtube, twitter etc which show the beauty of the Qur'an and a clarification of the misconceptions levelled against Islam by the burn the Qur'an campaign, as well as more academic critiques via articles on the web and in newspapers, as well as showing a strength of unity and strength through demonstrations to mark the occasion.

As for the point about the Prophet (s) and the Ahlul Bayt, thats kinda the whole point, they dismissed insults to their personal selves and dismissed humiliation done to them (to an extent, and with exceptions) because their honor is with Allah Subhanhu wa ta Ala', but when the deen was insulted and the dignity of Islam was on the line the whole world would hear the roar of those lions, the examples are to many to quote of when they stood up to injustice when the deen was attacked, every law, civilisation and judicial jurisdiction in the world accords people the right too defend them selves and their faith within legal means.

Allah knows best.

Edited by Faris

If someone wanted to do something, I would suggest the following.

The things is,you really have to be smart and understand what kind of reaction someone is expecting from you. And then you turn them around with something completely unexpected, something ironic.

Here you have some so-called """"Christians"""" doing something completely un-Christian.

They are doing this to provoke the stereotypical "Moozlem savage" reaction - self righteous rage, bad teeth bared, spraying spittle, big beard, screaming something incoherent at the camera, preferably with a few misspelled signs. Man that stuff just edits itself for the six o'clock news.

No.

You come in and give an object lesson of what a real Christian is like - from a Muslim.

Turn the other cheek, judging not lest you be judged.

Don't offer a reaction, but if asked, express quiet, restrained disappointment. "I feel sad for these people, that this is the only way they can think of to express themselves. It's embarassing to see. May God forgive and guide them." If you can smoothly weave in an anecdote of Muhammad turning the other cheek with those who abused him, cherry on top.

These people are left looking like idiots.

Situation expertly disamed.

That's how you play the game.

(salam)

I am in complete agreement here.

Our strategy has to be less emotional and a more thoughtful response. If they burn the Quran, they will look like idiots. And we should let them look like idiots.

Like Bro Kadhim said, we need to be more dignified.

What killed me of laughter is, when they questioned him, about his statements having a negative consequence on the troops residing in Afghanistan.

Then this idiot, this moron, says that "sooner or later we'll have to confront radical Islam"

An addition to my last post. The ideal response would include one additional element. Many Christian groups are just as disgusted by this. Thank these groups for speaking against this extremism, that it shows the goodness in the hearts of average Christians, and reassures that such traditional noble Christian virtues of kindness and dignified right conduct are still alive in America. It strengthens the hope that Christians, Muslims, and people of all faiths can work together in a civil, respectful, and tolerant way to build their shared nation together.

This Quran-burning presents Muslims with a great opportunity: (1) we can stop this whiny "we're oppressed!" nonsense characteristic of US minority racial and religious groups, and (2) we can strive even further to create an auxiliary society.

The time has come for us to stop caring about 'acceptance' and 'tolerance.'

This Imam Rauf character -- for all his lapdoggishness -- is still accused of being an agent of Hamas and Ikhwan. What does that show? That shows that 'acceptance' is beyond reach, and should thus not even be sought after.

Ya Ali