Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Who Is Ayat. Fadlallah's Successor Now That He Has

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykum,

I just wanted to know, now that Ayatollah Fadlallah has passed away, who will be his successor? Who will replace him as an ayatollah or as "Hezbollah's spiritual leader"?

Just out of curiosity, who is majority of Fadlallah's followers now following on new subjects that arise? Which ayatollah?

Wasalaam.

Salaam Alaykum,

I just wanted to know, now that Ayatollah Fadlallah has passed away, who will be his successor? Who will replace him as an ayatollah or as "Hezbollah's spiritual leader"?

Just out of curiosity, who is majority of Fadlallah's followers now following on new subjects that arise? Which ayatollah?

Wasalaam.

Sheikh Afaf Nabulsi according to this article:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/0709/Passing-of-Shiite-cleric-Fadlallah-spells-trouble-for-Lebanon

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

Yes, I get what you're saying, but who is the most knowledgeable living marja according to the followers of Fadlallah?

You should consult Ahly Khubra and ask them who the most knowledgeable living marja is.

WS

Just out of curiosity, when a marja passed away, is there a way to know who they think should succeed them? Or do they leave it to their followers to decide?

Its not up to the Marja or his followers. Ahly Khubra evaluate the knowledge of different Marja the point to the next.

• Veteran Member

You should consult Ahly Khubra and ask them who the most knowledgeable living marja is.

WS

Its not up to the Marja or his followers. Ahly Khubra evaluate the knowledge of different Marja the point to the next.

[Edited out]

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~
No disrespect of maraja allowed. Insults/name-calling are not the only form of disrespect.
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Akhi his son (Sayyid Ali Fadlullah) is a mujahid but that is all i know, insha Allah i will e-mail his office and ask about him or someone with more insight can say if he is on his way to having ijazah.

I believe someone posted that his son will take care of his charities, his orphanages and some of the projects that his father is involved with.

The original poster is asking about who will succeed him (marjayat). I don't think his son can succeed his father's marjayat. :unsure:

• Advanced Member

The office, based on the group overlooking the foundations, organizations, etc setup by Sayyid Fadlallah, is expected to announce soon who they will refer in matters of taqleed.

It is highly likely that they will refer to Sayyid Ali Khamenei in such matters but that is based on speculation.

InshaAllah we will have to wait and see.

Its best to refer to http://www.bayynat.org.lb for updates and information.

• Forum Administrators

I've split off Muhammad Ali's critiques into a new topic. Please keep this one focused on the title of the thread. Any posts dealing with other issues may be deleted.

• Veteran Member

[Edited out]

Why is this edited?

The new thread doesn't even have the name Fadlallah in it so it isn't going to get the same views. I wish some of you mods actually did more research into this subject instead of just accepting him as a marja because you like some of his views. It's like the rigid blind praise of the sahaba performed by the sunnis. Anyhow you can carry on speaking about who will succeed him......

Edited by Muhammed Ali
  • Advanced Member

Why is this edited?

The new thread doesn't even have the name Fadlallah in it so it isn't going to get the same views. I wish some of you mods actually did more research into this subject instead of just accepting him as a marja because you like some of his views. It's like the rigid blind praise of the sahaba performed by the sunnis. Anyhow you can carry on speaking about who will succeed him......

Nowadays wearing a turban makes you some kind of saint. Any form of critism will offend their followers.They seem to forget that when the greatest sahabas denyed the truth, why can't some shia scholars?

No point debating with arragont people brother. You can put the proof right infront of them and they still won't accept it.

• Forum Administrators

Why is this edited?

I didn't do his taqlid, and for the record I actually support a lot of the points that you make. However, you were derailing this thread and given the number of posts that were covering off-topic points, I felt it best to move them to another thread. The alternatives were either to lock this one or delete all the off topic material.

In terms of naming the other thread, I felt that the title reflected at least one of the issues that had been brought up. I'd argue that focusing on the ideas at hand is more important than simply naming threads so as to kick off a bunfight with people who follow him. I won't respond to any other posts on this thread about moderation - since that is also off topic.

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam,

Its incredible and unfortunate that its been months since his passing, and people still can't even begin to learn to be respectful.

The OP asked a simple question- not if his sons will "inherit" his marjaye, but who will guide his followers? It didn't need to turn into the typical question-his-marjae thread.

may he rest in peace ameen

• Advanced Member

If you are a Fadhlullah follower, then you can still get rulings from his office via email or phoning them, as many people still do this.

It'll be quite rare to find 'new things' that haven't been covered, but if you have, then just contact one of the other famous maraje3 that you respect.

There is no most knowledgable otherwise we'd know by now ;)

• Advanced Member

Nowadays wearing a turban makes you some kind of saint. Any form of critism will offend their followers.They seem to forget that when the greatest sahabas denyed the truth, why can't some shia scholars?

No point debating with arragont people brother. You can put the proof right infront of them and they still won't accept it.

Wow, bad-mouthing the dead. Thats a whole new disgusting level...

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykum,

My question was very simple at first, but unfortunately hatred and anger towards Fadlallah (ra) changes the whole subject entirely.

I have actually emailed the office of Fadlallah and asked them about it. There is no one as of yet, however, if you still wish to follow him now that he has passed away, one should do taqleed of a marja who allows you to follow a dead marja.

There are two marjas that Fadlallah's office told me about:

Ayatollah Muhammad Ibrahim Jannaati

&

Ayatollah Ishaaq Fayadh (he is apparently close with Sistani in najaf, and is said to be his successor once Sistani passes away)

These two allow you to follow a dead marja.

Wasalaam.

Edited by Taalib Shivraj