Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Does Islam Say About Those Who Die In Acciden

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam) (bismillah)

Dear shiachat.com brothers with reference to air crash today in Pakistan, Islamabad which killed 152 passengers i would like to know what does our imams(as) and masomeens (as) say about those who die in an air crashes.I had heated discussion with one of my friend and i argued that all those who died will be in heaven although him being Shia he denied straightaway and said it is wrath from God.I explained to him about a shia girl aged 23 who was zakra being among deaths and she live just beside my house and he replied her death was her destiny.

I have heard from my elders that those who die like this have special place in heaven as well and Jannat becomes wajib on them.

i want to know real answers with ref.

regards

(wasalam)

:yaali:

• Veteran Member

(wasalam)

None of us knows how or when he will die, so we should make sure that we are at all times ready to face death. Some people, and I admit I have been guilty of this in the past, think that being religious can wait until they get old. While they are young, they can enjoy life. Well, the problem is you might not see old age.

So, to answer your question, I think the people who died in that accident will be judged on their lives so far. A bad person does not become good just because they died in an accident. What kind of justice is that? However, it could be that Allah (swt) is more lenient on those who died young compared to those who had their whole lives to prove themselves.

I do not believe this accident had anything to do with the 'wrath of God'. Going by that logic, we should say that anytime something bad happens to someone, it is because they are being punished by Allah (swt), which is ridiculous.

ws

Edited by Haider Husayn
  • Advanced Member

I'm sorry I have no references but I've heard that they become shaheeds and all their sins will be wiped away apart from the sins they afflicted on other people for e.g if they hurt someone as that person may not have forgiven them so they will be judged on that but not the sins that they inflicted upon themselves.