Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
yafatimaalzahra

The Irani Government

Rate this topic

I don't care whether any of you support(ed) Saddam or not. What I wish to expose is the extreme hypocrisy and lame excuses behind which you hide your hate, jealousy and ignorance. You seem to be a big fan of youtube. Use your arabic language skills to search for Bangladeshis, Indians, etc being discriminated against and beaten up in Saudi Arabia and all the other countries around you. Also I've spoken with enough Arab speakers to know just how much racism is going on in their heads.

I'd also like to correct you again, there is no such thing as an "Arab race". This is something that came into existence due to pan-Arab racists promoting such ideologies so they could unify the people from the region using their language (or now "race") as basis. The people from Arabian speaking countries are from many races, and none of them is "Arab". For example, the country you say you live in Saudi Arabia is mostly of the Semite race. Moroccans are Imazighen. Furthermore there are Assyrians, Babylonians, Armenians, Aramaic, etc, etc, etc. There is no such thing as an ethnic group called "Arab".

Edited by Arman

I think you guys summed almost everything up there, to solve that discussion. One small thing I wanted to add is, be very careful using terms like: race, culture, and ethnicity.

Each of these words in the English language can be used loosely, but in certain contexts they have very specific/daghigh meanings.

For example, race is no longer a synonym for ethnic or cultural groups. It was in the past, because it was a British construct, used to divide Africans and Europeans into "racial classifications".

But in reality, we know this is BS. We are not animals. There is only 1 human race, we can all procreate, share blood, share languages etc.

If you want, you can say something like, there are Arab speaking cultural groups. Technically Arman, he can call them Arab, if he chooses to, since a lot of Ethiopians, Egyptians, Algerians, Lebanese etc. etc. that I've talked to, don't mind being called Arab, even the ones that I know ethnically are not Arab. Some of them are ok with it and don't mind, since they say things like, Arabic is our mother language, therefore calling us an Arab is not much of a big deal etc. (This is what a Maronite friend told me, while other Maronites might not like the label).

But, Arab speaking cultural groups, is probably better than calling those various nations, "Arab races". The problem with that is, there's only 1 human race, and many of those groups as stated above, come from mixed backgrounds, not solely Arab.

Also another thing, this is targeted at the ignorant or naive few, that still don't know the difference between "Iranian and Iranic". Iranian is a term designated for people who are born in the nation of Iran (it is often mistaken as as synonymous term with Persian). Iranic is a term used to designate the difference, by referring to specific cultural groups that spoke Iranic languages (Pashtuns, Persians, Kurds, Ossetians etc.,) much like you get Turkic, Slavic, Germanic, Semetic, etc.

I am Iranian and I disagree with Khamenei and the whole government, although they have many great aspects ( will elaborate if you want to know what). About Iranian people, well what can I say, there's nice Iranians and 'bitter' Iranians as you would like to call them. If I were you, I would get away from them LOL. Personally, I don't really have any Iranian friends and there's a reason for that...In my opinion, I've stated many times on this site, Khamenei has the blood of innocent people on his hands. Islam should give life to people-not take it away.They call themselves an 'Islamic government' when in theory they're not. Some aspects of the Sharia can't be implemented properly until the Imam of our time comes but they don't seem to get that. For example if someone commits adultry you need four mature witnesses, you need to see the state of mind of that person etc. In Iran there have been many false executions. I'm not saying this only happens in Iran. Rape in prison is very common. Look at what they did to the Shirazi family and how they abused them! They silence people who speak out against them etc.Also, during Imam Ali(as) khilafah there was not a single person left hungry in Kufa so if someone did steal food, the shariah could be implemented but if this were to happen to Iran it couldn't. Anyways,the people of Iran are so westernised because the hijab was suddenly imposed on them- by force which made them small-minded thinking that everything and anything can happen in the west. We all know the true Islamic government will be in our Imams time. Oh, there's a LOT of povery in Iran. Where has all the money gone... I wonder. Khalkhali , a so called sheikh, used to execute innocent people and declare them being shaheed. My mum used to always hear this in the radio. He was known as the cat at killer. LONG story. Some of the people executed were all part of the MKO( Mujahedin- the ones who betrayed Iranians during Iran & Iraq war and sided with them) If there's something wrong with the people then there's something wrong with the ones in control. Some of the baseej use Islam as a way to kill and torture people.

The 'greenies' are Mousavi followers with include Rafsanjani, Khatami, Mehdi Karroubi whom I dislike. The rest are with Khamenei and Ahmadinejad(current president). All khameneis speech's consist of is ' death to america, death to Israel'. He never once speaks about Iran! Iran are in the denial stage and like pointing fingers to everyone but for once they should look at themselves. People wonder why Islamic countries don't progress as much, they blame Islam but in fact it's the people. Many of the things are off course propoganda, but a lot of things bear truth in it. Iranian news i.e Jam-e-Jam, Press TV are extremely biased, just like Fox News. They only show one side of the story , seriously. Anyways, that's all I've got to say - for now. I'll be back!!! Sorry for the long post :D

Just thought I'd add that just because someone wears a turban over their head it doesn't mean we should follow them blindly like sheeps. Even our Prophet said ' Woe unto my nation from deviating leaders...' If people during the Prophets time betrayed him and deceived people with their nice words let alone a 1000 years later. Just something to ponder over...

Umm, there are some possibilities here:

1. you are confused.

2. you haven't spent enough time looking for his speeches, try watching iranian TV instead of satellite.

3. you are deliberately lying, which i hope you are not.

The fact that you don't think Iran has developed is kind of sad.

Umm, there are some possibilities here:

1. you are confused.

2. you haven't spent enough time looking for his speeches, try watching iranian TV instead of satellite.

3. you are deliberately lying, which i hope you are not.

The fact that you don't think Iran has developed is kind of sad.

How am I confused? I do watch Iranian TV and I've listened to more than enough of Khamenei's speech's and I don't enjoy them. In fact, I don't even like the way he speaks. You don't get that special feeling when you listen to him. For example, when I listen to my marjas lectures I actually love them. Noone's denying that Iran hasn't developed because it has but their Islamic System hasn't been established in every domain: socially,politically,economically etc. Iran could have further developed... for a start they could have gotten rid of the poverty instead of investing their money in creating new rockets or whatever.

Edited by Hawraa29

Well Hawraa29, that would mean you're a liar then. I am an Iranian, in fact you don't even have to be Iranian. Many of his speeches are subbed and can be found on the Internet. Not in a single speech in decades of memory can I recollect him saying death to anything. What does happen is that some times someone calls for takbir, the Iranian way for replying to that is three Allah akbar, plus death to some of our enemies. Some times when the enemies are mentioned, that is enough to get everyone to chant against them. Nothing less, nothing more.

As for technology and what should and should not have been done. I suggest you keep yourself involved within your own field, which is obviously nothing technology related, since you obviously lack the knowledge to understand how encompassing the investment in aerospace is, with regards to other fields of technology in a country.

Well Hawraa29, that would mean you're a liar then. I am an Iranian, in fact you don't even have to be Iranian. Many of his speeches are subbed and can be found on the Internet. Not in a single speech in decades of memory can I recollect him saying death to anything. What does happen is that some times someone calls for takbir, the Iranian way for replying to that is three Allah akbar, plus death to some of our enemies. Some times when the enemies are mentioned, that is enough to get everyone to chant against them. Nothing less, nothing more.

Thanks for calling me a liar during the holy month of Ramadan... your leader must have taught you well ^_^ . It's Iranians such as yourself that make me thank God 100 times that he didn't make me like you lot. Gosh I think I would have commited suicide if I associated with people of your kind.

Well maybe you need to go on the internet and check out his videos yourself. It seems that you've been oblivious to what's been happening during this decade. When they say takbir , the enemies are mentioned and it doesn't seem like Mr Khamenei puts a stop to it.

Hawraa - u got owned :P

Aite ppl, back off - she is an independent thinker....Stop calling her a liar! :@

Young Iranians really don't have any respect for their government anymore! I have yet to come across a single Irani 'outside the center' who agrees with what is going on in his country!

How am I confused? I do watch Iranian TV and I've listened to more than enough of Khamenei's speech's and I don't enjoy them. In fact, I don't even like the way he speaks. You don't get that special feeling when you listen to him. For example, when I listen to my marjas lectures I actually love them. Noone's denying that Iran hasn't developed because it has but their Islamic System hasn't been established in every domain: socially,politically,economically etc. Iran could have further developed... for a start they could have gotten rid of the poverty instead of investing their money in creating new rockets or whatever.

You are making a false assumption.

For one, scientific and technological development is impossible without one very important prerequisite: independence. A lot of people like to talk of how much better off we could have been had our glorious Aryan Shahanshah been in power. But these people always speak in very vague generalarities, never using specific examples to support their points.

A colonial slave state cannot progress technologically, no matter how much it tries to 'zaher sazi.' Independence is necessary, not just economically and politically, but ideologically as well. Ideological independence is the safeguard of economic and political independence. Meaning, if Islam is not established in every domain, the risk of political and economic domination by foreign powers in those same domains becomes more within the realm of possibility. The IRI constitution cites the lack of ideological independence as the reason for the CIA/MI6 having been able to topple Mosaddegh.

I will use some specific examples to illustrate this point.

Predator drones have become the symbol of American air power. But do you know which country was the first to use drones to launch weapons? It was the Islamic Republic of Iran. During the Imposed war, the IRI became the first country to do this. Before that, drones were only used for reconnaissance purposes. This technological advance would not have been possible had our military been under the oppressive yoke of foreign military "advisers" (as the pre-revolutionary army had been).

Aerospace is another example. Iran is in the exclusive club of countries to have launched satellites into space using domestically-built, domestically-designed launch vehicles. Soon, Iran will also launch cosmonauts into space, joining an even more exclusive club. "We could have done that even sooner had it not been for the revolution." Is that so? South Korea -- in spite of being as developed as it is, in spite of having such deep economic ties with the West -- has been trying to launch a satellite using domestic technology, failing in every attempt.

Compare the number of large factories in Iran in the year 1356 (the year before the revolution) to the number of large factories in the country after the first five year plan (1368-1372). That number increased 21-fold. Our industry's dependence on foreign investment is less than that of Britain, Japan, the US and other developed, industrialized nations.

Revolutionary zeal and faith in Islam have strengthened the people's resolve. It has not restricted the country's capacities for advancement. Rather, it has pushed the people to develop the country even further. It gives us an assurance that these advances will be used for the establishment of national self-sufficiency, and the further propagation of Islamic ideals. It assures us of the justness of our cause. Without faith in Islam and in the ideals of the Islamic Revolution, technological advances and industrial growth are just frivolous novelties.

Your mention of poverty/rockets is an important one, because it shows another flaw in your thinking. You are making an arbitrary comparison based on arbitrary beliefs.

Firstly, you should become familiar with Iran's defence budget:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Iran -- the 16th largest economy in the world -- is 24th in the list of annual defence budget. Proportionate to our GDP, our defence budget is less than that of our neighbors in the Persian Gulf. Iran does not spend much on defence at all, let alone enough to suggest that it is neglecting its people as a result of excessive military expenditure.

Secondly, "getting rid of poverty" is not something you can do at the snap of a finger. Moreover, when discussing our country's poverty, our people have a tendency to make arbitrary comparisons. They compare us to Sweden, reach the conclusion that our people are poor, and swiftly blame the government.

One should not compare Iran's poverty to Sweden's poverty anymore than he should compare the poverty in the US to that in Cuba. When two countries have different histories, different experiences, and different political circumstances, it makes no sense to compare them.

Don't compare Iran to Sweden. Compare Iran to Afghanistan. Compare Iran to Syria. To Lebanon. To Iraq. To Pakistan. These are the countries with which Iran's modern history has far more in common. Compare Iran to these countries, in terms of GDP per capita, literacy, life expectancy, daily calorie intake per capita, employment, the availability of education, etc... and you will see that Iran is better off. The poor are not being neglected, but historical and political circumstances make the elimination of poverty in our country a very difficult task. A difficult task which the people and the government are working towards with a most industrious and resolute attitude.

I will give you another example. Cuba is an impoverished nation. Millions of Cubans have fled the country for this very reason. And yet, compare Cuba to Haiti, or the Dominican Republic, in every major economic statistic, and you will see that the Cuban government looks after its people's welfare far better than the governments of neighboring countries.

So you need to stop making arbitrary comparisons and start making comparisons that make sense.

Ya Ali

Edited by baradar_jackson

Hawraa, first you said... "All khameneis speech's consist of is ' death to america, death to Israel'. He never once speaks about Iran!" Now you change it to, "he just doesnt stop them from saying it"

So which one is it?

I don't get what you're saying. I meant that he doesn't stop them from chanting death to america etc.

Hawraa - u got owned :P

Aite ppl, back off - she is an independent thinker....Stop calling her a liar! :@

Young Iranians really don't have any respect for their government anymore! I have yet to come across a single Irani 'outside the center' who agrees with what is going on in his country!

LOL... thanks. I am an independent thinker and I don't appreciate being called a liar.They can call me misinformed or something but not a liar :squeez:

@ Baradar Jackson- Thanks for your post. It was informative and it's something to ponder over.