Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Bintaliraq

Need Honest Answers

Rate this topic

(salam)

Brothers and sisters I'm having issues with my engagement there has

been problems going on between us so here's what happened today

he went to get signed up for classes at the university and he was telling me

about some a girl started talking to him he didn't believe she was indian

so he asked her where she from and such I don't know what else they spoke about

but why would a engaged man speak to other females even if the female spoke to him first or approached him?

now at that I didn't get upset/hurt but I did get hurt when he said

" That's the first indian girl that I met she is so sexy and if I wasn't engaged

to you I would give her a ride home and maybe I would take her home and sleep with her"

I want to know is this right coming from a so called Islamic man? but a engaged man? what is this?

isn't this wrong?

what you think? females and males I would like to know from both sides

Edited by Bintaliraq

I can see why your hurt by that comment. Youre getting married to this guy, he should respect you enough not to speak about or think about other women in such a manner...

Edited by angel11

There is no such thing as engagement in Islam, so you probably shouldn't be talking to him alone in private either. Leaving that aside, if he really did say that stuff to you, then I would suggest he isn't worth marrying. Speaking to any woman in that way is utterly disgusting, let alone someone you intend to marry.

Edited by Haider Husayn

There is no such thing as engagement in Islam, so you probably shouldn't be talking to him alone in private either. Leaving that aside, if he really did say that stuff to you, then I would suggest he isn't worth marrying. Speaking to any woman in that way is utterly disgusting, let alone someone you intend to marry.

no such thing as engagement? really?.. we don't see each other because he lives far

so we only speak on the phone and yes this were his words that came out of his mouth

its disgusting me and I think it's very disrespectful n none islamic he claims to be religious

prays and such but than he say's this these things..

no such thing as engagement? really?.. we don't see each other because he lives far

so we only speak on the phone and yes this were his words that came out of his mouth

its disgusting me and I think it's very disrespectful n none islamic he claims to be religious

prays and such but than he say's this these things..

Yes, sorry to break it to you, but engagement is a cultural thing, not an Islamic one. Here are some threads with more information:

If you want a substitute, you could have a mutah with the condition of no physical contact. However, such is the strange world we live in, most parents would never dream of letting their children do that, but the unislamic engagement is fine.

Regarding your prospective husband, I think you should seek the advice of those who are close to you, but all I can say is based on the information you have given it doesn't sound good.

Edited by Haider Husayn

I honestly think you should speak to him, rather then letting this hurt you inside and letting him think he hasnt said or done anything wrong... If he is religious then he should know better... He should understand your feelings, if he doesnt then you know what kind of a man he is... Then you make a decision whether or not you want to be with such a guy...

That is definitely not something that should come out of a Muslim man's mouth, let alone an engaged one.

But in a twisted sort of way, it's possible he said that to try and make you jealous and see your reaction. He probably didn't even think she's that 'sexy'...like I said, he may have just wanted to see what you would say in response to that.

Having said that, what was your reaction? Have you tried speaking to him about this?