Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How To Stay Close To God

Rate this topic

salam alaikoum

First , you have to know god. When you know him(100% ) you'll fall inlove with him.Everything you'll do will be for his sake .Shaykh rajab ali Khayat who had some spiritual technics from the ghayb , suggested to make 1000 salawat each night for a period of 40 days to get nearness from Allah (swt ) . (I tried it and I felt near to Allah after 3 days..but than I quit ,because it took me 45 minuts each night...but no matter how much it takes, it's important to be very near to Allah , that 's why i'm gonna start it again tonight).

Second,Be ponctual in your prayers and pray the Nafelah too . After salat fajr , do 2 rakaats ,after the dhuhr , do 4 prayers of 2 rakaat eachs...same thing with asr ,afer maghreeb do two sets of 2 rakaat,and finally for the ishaa ,one set . Don't forget to pray namaz-e-shab (night prayer) to be really really close to him.

Third,after fajr prayer , dont sleep until it's the sunset.Read quran and some dua.

forth , google some supplications before sleeping,before eating , for getting closer to Allah..

fifth,read a LOT of quran . there's a hadith that says that If you want Allah(swt) to talk to you , Read quran.You will be really really really close to him. trust me.

good luck :)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Surround yourself with good Muslims

Always try to improve your prayer; concentrate more; humble yourself more before God, etc

Read the Quran <---very important

(and ponder on the Quran)

And most importantly, remember God throughout the day and contemplate over His Signs. Look how He makes living plants from the dead earth; examine the world around you

Here are some beautiful verses to ponder upon:

إِنَّ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافِ اللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ لَآيَاتٍ لِّأُولِي الْأَلْبَابِ

الَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّـهَ قِيَامًا وَقُعُودًا وَعَلَىٰ جُنُوبِهِمْ وَيَتَفَكَّرُونَ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَـٰذَا بَاطِلًا سُبْحَانَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding.(3:190) [Those] Who remember God while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire.(3:191)

إِنَّ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافِ اللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ وَالْفُلْكِ الَّتِي تَجْرِي فِي الْبَحْرِ بِمَا يَنْفَعُ النَّاسَ وَمَا أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مِنْ مَاءٍ فَأَحْيَا بِهِ الْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا وَبَثَّ فِيهَا مِنْ كُلِّ دَابَّةٍ وَتَصْرِيفِ الرِّيَاحِ وَالسَّحَابِ الْمُسَخَّرِ بَيْنَ السَّمَاءِ وَالْأَرْضِ لَآيَاتٍ لِقَوْمٍ يَعْقِلُونَ

Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day, and the ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and the water that God sends down from the cloud, then gives life with it to the earth after its death and spreads in it all (kinds of) animals, and the changing of the winds and the clouds made subservient between the heaven and the earth, there are signs for a people who understand.(2:164)

was salam

Edited by lotfilms
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Apart from daily rituals (salat, dua). We should also learn to improve ourselves (akhlak or Islamic knowledge or even something that will be useful at work).

Helping people is important.

And also maintaining a strong connection among the Shias.

And stay away from the small and big sins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Well, I think the above comments are weak because they rely on Sunni's Methodism. One of the fundamental differences between Sunni and Shia'ah is the question; where does piety come from? Sunni Methodism sees that piety comes from daily prayer, reading Quran and doing other duties.

On the other hand Shia believed that the piety comes from within a man; remember the story of man asking Imam Ali AS whether he had seen God. So by doing more prayer and reading Quran will not make you more pious, on top of that it may become an habit, which is worse. We do not pray to gain piety, rather we pray because of our piety.

What I believe that you need to find your connection with the faith. What was it that was exciting for you. In youth faith comes from one heart which is passion, as the prophet SAVV described it "heat in heart".

My heat comes from events of karbala and my knowledge of Ali AS. Each man need to seek his own heat and constant should seek for more.

Edited by mshoari
  • Advanced Member

as the title says

what is the minimum effort one must do in order to keep the faith strong? i prey and thats about it..is this enough?

what are some daily routine one can do other than read in order to keep faith in god strong?

apart from performing wajibats and staying away from haram.. you can follow the advice given already...

however if u find it difficult or boring to follow some of these extra voluntary things... do something very simple... find what it is that makes you feel closer.. and just do that.. the rest will follow...

• Advanced Member

Well, I think the above comments are weak because they rely on Sunni's Methodism. One of the fundamental differences between Sunni and Shia'ah is the question; where does piety come from? Sunni Methodism sees that piety comes from daily prayer, reading Quran and doing other duties.

On the other hand Shia believed that the piety comes from within a man; remember the story of man asking Imam Ali AS whether he had seen God. So by doing more prayer and reading Quran will not make you more pious, on top of that it may become an habit, which is worse. We do not pray to gain piety, rather we pray because of our piety.

What I believe that you need to find your connection with the faith. What was it that was exciting for you. In youth faith comes from one heart which is passion, as the prophet SAVV described it "heat in heart".

My heat comes from events of karbala and my knowledge of Ali AS. Each man need to seek his own heat and constant should seek for more.

:yaali:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

as the title says

what is the minimum effort one must do in order to keep the faith strong? i prey and thats about it..is this enough?

what are some daily routine one can do other than read in order to keep faith in god strong?

Salam,

Stick your heart to the remembrance of Allah swt all the times.

Layman

Edited by layman
  • Advanced Member

salam alaikoum

First , you have to know god. When you know him(100% ) you'll fall inlove with him.Everything you'll do will be for his sake

Great advice. (except no-one knows Allah 100% except for the Rasuul and Imam Ali as according to a hadith qusi)

Praying right on time wherever you are is important because it signifies a connection that is more important than any other thing going on in your life. Reading lots of Qur'an, contemplating about Allah in your spare time. Even if you're on the train/bus/waiting for something, try to focus your thoughts on God, and if that's difficult then repeat praises or salawaat to yourself. The beautiful thing about Islam is that there are so many diverse methods of reaching God- each person has a thing that works best with them.

• Advanced Member

The beautiful thing about Islam is that there are so many diverse methods of reaching God- each person has a thing that works best with them.

I agree 100%. Of course some things are more recommended than others, such as contemplation (as commanded in the Quran), praying Salat right on time, constant remembrance of Allah with your heart, etc.

In terms of duas and such, I would recommend going to duas.org and just browsing until you find a dua that effects you. Especially in this month of Ramadan there are a lot of duas that are very powerful, like dua mujeer or dua ya uddati.

There are so many books that would give you good advice, check out al-islam.org, maybe the 40 hadiths by Khomeini.

• Advanced Member

as the title says

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234979082-signs-of-faith-in-Allah/page__pid__2084632__st__0entry2084632

Here are some quotes;

ÇáÅãÇãõ Úáíøñ (Úóáóíåö ÇáøÓóáÇãõ): ËáÇËñ íõÈáöÛúäó ÈÇáÚóÈÏö ÑöÖæÇäó Çááøåþö: ßóËÑóÉõ ÇáÇÓÊöÛÝÇÑö ¡ æÎóÝúÖõ ÇáÌÇäöÈö ¡ æßóËÑóÉõ ÇáÕøóÏóÞóÉö.

Imam Ali (as) said, 'Three things enable a servant to attain Allah's pleasure: persistence in seeking forgiveness, affability towards people, and frequent giving of charity.’[bihar al-Anwar, v. 78, p. 81, no. 74]

ÇáÅãÇãõ Úáíøñ (Úóáóíåö ÇáøÓóáÇãõ): ãóä ÃÓÎóØó ÈóÏóäóåõ ÃÑÖì ÑóÈøóåõ ¡ æãóä áóã íõÓÎöØú ÈóÏóäóåõ ÚóÕì ÑóÈøóåõ.

Imam Ali (as) said, 'He who dissatisfies his body earns Allah's pleasure, and he who is not willing to dissatisfy his body defies Allah.’[bihar al-Anwar, v. 70, p. 312, no. 11]

ÇáÅãÇãõ Úáíøñ (Úóáóíåö ÇáøÓóáÇãõ): ÑöÖÇ Çááøåþö ÓÈÍÇäóåõ ãóÞÑæäñ ÈØÇÚóÊöåö.

Imam Ali (as) said, 'Allah's pleasure is linked to His obedience.’[Ghurar al-Hikam, no. 5410]

ÇáÅãÇãõ Òíäõ ÇáÚÇÈÏíäó (Úóáóíåö ÇáøÓóáÇãõ): Åäøó ÃÑÖÇßõã ÚöäÏó Çááøåþö ÃÓÈóÛõßõã Úáì ÚöíÇáöåö.

Imam Zayn al-Abidin (as) said, 'Verily the one who Allah is most pleased with from among you is the one who is the most generous towards his own dependents.’[bihar al-Anwar, v. 78, p. 136, no. 13]

Ñõæíó Ãäø ãæÓì (Úóáóíåö ÇáøÓóáÇãõ) ÞÇáó: íÇ ÑóÈøö ÃÎÈöÑúäí Úä ÂíóÉö ÑöÖÇßó Úä ÚóÈÏößó ¡ ÝóÃæÍóì Çááøåþõ ÊÚÇáì Åáóíåö: ÅÐÇ ÑóÃíÊóäí ÇõåóíøöÆõ ÚÈÏöí áØÇÚóÊöí æÃÕÑöÝõåõ Úä ãóÚÕöíóÊí ¡ ÝÐáßó ÂíóÉõ ÑöÖÇíó.

It is narrated in Bihar al-Anwar that Prophet Moses (as) said, 'O My Lord, what is a sign of Your pleasure with a servant of Yours?' So Allah revealed to him, saying, 'When you see Me preparing My servant for My obedience and averting him from My disobedience, [know that] it is a sign of My pleasure.’[bihar al-Anwar, v. 70, p. 26, no. 29

ÇáÅãÇãõ ÇáÍÓíäõ (Úóáóíåö ÇáøÓóáÇãõ): ãóä ØóáóÈó ÑöÖÇ Çááøåþö ÈöÓóÎóØö ÇáäÇÓö ßóÝÇåõ Çááøåþõ ÇõãõæÑó ÇáäÇÓö ¡ æãóä ØóáóÈó ÑöÖÇ ÇáäÇÓö ÈöÓóÎóØö Çááøåþö¡ æóßóáóåõ Çááøåþõ Åáì ÇáäøÇÓö.

Imam al-Hasan (as) said, 'He who seeks to please Allah at the expense of displeasing people, Allah suffices him in everything including his affairs with people. But the one who seeks to please people at the expense of Allah's displeasure, Allah relegates him to those very people.’[bihar al-Anwar, v. 71, p. 208, no. 17]

(bismillah)

(salam)

Surround yourself with good Muslims

I agree, heres a quote; "The Believer Is Like Water, He Purifies All Those Who Surround Him". ~ Rasool'Allah (SAW)

When we associate ourselves with good people, especially fellow Muslims, we will eventually adapt their behavior.

• 2 years later...
  • Basic Members

Like This

-Enlightened

15 Jul 2010

salam alaikoum

First , you have to know god. When you know him(100% ) you'll fall inlove with him.Everything you'll do will be for his sake .Shaykh rajab ali Khayat who had some spiritual technics from the ghayb , suggested to make 1000 salawat each night for a period of 40 days to get nearness from Allah (swt ) . (I tried it and I felt near to Allah after 3 days..but than I quit ,because it took me 45 minuts each night...but no matter how much it takes, it's important to be very near to Allah , that 's why i'm gonna start it again tonight).

Second,Be ponctual in your prayers and pray the Nafelah too . After salat fajr , do 2 rakaats ,after the dhuhr , do 4 prayers of 2 rakaat eachs...same thing with asr ,afer maghreeb do two sets of 2 rakaat,and finally for the ishaa ,one set . Don't forget to pray namaz-e-shab (night prayer) to be really really close to him.

Third,after fajr prayer , dont sleep until it's the sunset.Read quran and some dua.

forth , google some supplications before sleeping,before eating , for getting closer to Allah..

fifth,read a LOT of quran . there's a hadith that says that If you want Allah(swt) to talk to you , Read quran.You will be really really really close to him. trust me.

good luck

What kind of Salawat?

• Basic Members

salam alaikoum

good luck smile.gif

What kind of salawat?