Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
doobybrother

Mike Tyson In Mecca

Rate this topic

salam.gif

MIKE TYSON'S SPIRITUAL JOURNEYBy Majed Al-Suqairi

MADINA – Former US heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson, who is on a visit to the Kingdom to perform Umrah, Sunday prayed at the Quba' and Qiblatain mosques. He also visited the Islamic University and met the university's president, Dr. Muhammad Al-Oqla, and American nationals studying there. Tyson was mobbed whereever he went. Large numbers of fans gathered around the hotel where he is staying near the Prophet's Mosque. Some people waited for hours just to see him and take his pictures. yson had to scurry toward the Prophet's Mosque for Dhuhr prayers as fans gathered around him in large numbers. He used the Shimagh of one of his companions to cover his head but the fans recognized him and followed him. "I am happy that I have fans who love me here in the Kingdom, but I hope they leave me alone to enjoy my spiritual moments at the Holy Sites," he said.

"I couldn't resist shedding tears when I came to know that I was in one of the gardens of paradise," Tyson said referring to Arrawda in the Prophet's Mosque.

Tyson was accompanied by Shahzad Muhammad, head of the Canadian Dawah Association, which organized his visit to Saudi Arabia.

"Tyson became emotional when offering Salam to Prophet Muhammad pbuh.gif," said Shahzad.

"He cried for more than half an hour while standing in front of the Prophet's grave, raising his hands."

"He remained in front of the Rawdah for hours praying, reciting the Qur'an and making supplications," Shahzad said.

Later Mike Tyson went to the Meqat to change into Ihram for Umrah

Saudi Gazette

Tyson uploaded this picture on his twitter account..

tysont.jpg

Edited by doobybrother

(salam)

Bid..bid...bid..bid...BIDAH!!!

Wassalam

Wa - Wa - WAHABBI ! ^^ lol :)

and omg ... WTF mike Tyson is the biggest hypocrite ... He's not even a Muslim really , I saw him at the 2010 MTV movie awards clapping and listening to all the music and haram entertainment stuff .... Plus I don't think he's a Muslim anymore ..

I'm sure this pic is old rite ?

And how heck can people crowd around him and take pictures of him near the Prophets Mosque , in the Holy Sanctuary of Mecca .. What the hell !!? So retarded ... This ain't las vegas you know ... What goes in Vegas, stays in Vegas , not Mecca .. :/

I'll admit I was a little surprised to see this considering some of his behavior after his initial conversation in prison, but ma sha Allah.. I wonder if his having to go through what has to be about the hardest thing anyone could face (losing his child) has brought him to turn back to Allah.

and omg ... WTF mike Tyson is the biggest hypocrite ... He's not even a Muslim really , I saw him at the 2010 MTV movie awards clapping and listening to all the music and haram entertainment stuff .... Plus I don't think he's a Muslim anymore ..

And how heck can people crowd around him and take pictures of him near the Prophets Mosque , in the Holy Sanctuary of Mecca .. What the hell !!? So retarded ... This ain't las vegas you know ... What goes in Vegas, stays in Vegas , not Mecca .. :/

God knows whats in the guys heart. Seeing all his interviews its obvious he has more than a few issues. As Imam Ali (as) said, “The tears do not dry up save for the hearts being hard, and hearts do not harden but because of the abundance of sins.” and Tyson cried at the Prophets (pbuh) tomb, so he probably isn't the devil lol. His matter and repentance is with Allah and we have no business judging him as long as he's not hurting anyone.

Besides, what were you doing watching the 2010 MTV movie awards? :angel:

Edited by YaAli(as)

Are you not familiar with al hajj malik al shabaz(aka malcom X) ,why he was EVER allowed to go on hajj is mystery,nation of 'islam' have nothing to do with islam. But subhanallah, Allah does work in mysterious ways and look what happened as a result. Who knows maybe the same will happen here

I must say that I'm surprised to see this! ohmy.gif I don't really watch much TV so I had no idea that Mr. Tyson had reverted . His past behavior has been horrible by just about any standard, but he could very well have repented and turned into a righteous individual. Ultimately, only Allah knows.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Ali AS said "the performance of hajj of the House of Allah (i. e . Ka`bah) and its `umrah (other than annual visit) for these two acts banish poverty and wash away sins."

Nahjul Balagha, Sermon 109. http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/SermonDetail.php?Sermon=109

InshaAllah Mike Tyson returns from Medina and Mecca a new person.

(salam)

I must say that I'm surprised to see this! ohmy.gif I don't really watch much TV so I had no idea that Mr. Tyson had reverted . His past behavior has been horrible by just about any standard, but he could very well have repented and turned into a righteous individual. Ultimately, only Allah knows.

Even if you did watch much TV, they are very selective in their news. They wouldn't show something like this, just like how they didn't mention that Obama's grandmother was at Hajj last year.

(salam)

Even if you did watch much TV, they are very selective in their news. They wouldn't show something like this, just like how they didn't mention that Obama's grandmother was at Hajj last year.

Yes, what you have stated is true, but I'm still surprised since I follow current events online through multiple media outlets. Mike Tyson is a lightning rod for trouble and gossip, so the media should have been all over this story. Then again, I don't follow stories about sports or hollywood, so I guess it should not be a surprise that I did not know about it after all. w00t.gif All in all it is probably better for Mr. Tyson that the media left him alone.

Edited by Rich in STL

(bismillah)

(salam)

Wow, did not know about Obama's grandmother going to Hajj. It is true. I googled it. :angel:

obama-and-grandmother.jpg

I hope he uses this to reform himself, and becomes a good example of the power of Islam to change people. So far he certainly hasn't been a good representative of the faith.

I'd be interested to know what most people there think of the big tattoo on his face though. Tattos are haram in Sunni Islam, right?