Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Prophets (pbut) Made Mistakes

Rate this topic

Guest Muhamad

Dear Readers,

The following is based purely on clear verses from the Quran, which prove that no prophet was ever perfect. This is an important topic, which has many people attributing Allah's perfection to others than Him .. hence assigning partners to His names unjustly. Hopefully the logical sequence below will help inspire you and make your faith stronger. Thank you.

FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, IF YOU WANT TO READ QUICKLY THEN ONLY READ BLUE AND GREEN WORDS ..

salam,

Only Allah (swt) has perfection in any way, including knowledge and wisdom:

YUSUFALI: They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."

make no distinctions between prophets:

YUSUFALI: The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His messengers." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."

again no distinction between prophets:

YUSUFALI: Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)."

YUSUFALI: Muhammad is no more than a messenger: many Were the messenger that passed away before him.

YUSUFALI: To those who believe in Allah and His messengers and make no distinction between any of the messengers, we shall soon give their (due) rewards: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Prophet Moses (as) repenting for his mistakes:

YUSUFALI: Moses prayed: "O my Lord! forgive me and my brother! admit us to Thy mercy! for Thou art the Most Merciful of those who show mercy!"

YUSUFALI: He prayed: "O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul! Do Thou then forgive me!" So (Allah) forgave him: for He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Prophet David (as) asking for forgiveness:

038.024 YUSUFALI: ...and David gathered that We had tried him: he asked forgiveness of his Lord, fell down, bowing (in prostration), and turned (to Allah in repentance).

Prophet Sulaiman (as) asking for forgiveness:

YUSUFALI: He said, "O my Lord! Forgive me, and grant me a kingdom which, (it may be), suits not another after me: for Thou art the Grantor of Bounties (without measure).

Prophet Abraham (as) asking for forgiveness:

YUSUFALI: "O our Lord! cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness - me, my parents, and (all) Believers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!

even though:

YUSUFALI: Abraham was indeed a model, devoutly obedient to Allah, (and) true in Faith, and he joined not gods with Allah:

yet Allah (swt) tells our Prophet (pbuh) to follow Abraham (as) "the true in faith":

YUSUFALI: So We have taught thee the inspired (Message), "Follow the ways of Abraham the True in Faith, and he joined not gods with Allah."

and our Prophet Muhamed (pbuh) :

YUSUFALI: And thus have We, by Our Command, sent inspiration to thee: thou knewest not (before) what was Revelation, and what was Faith; but We have made the (Qur'an) a Light, wherewith We guide such of Our servants as We will; and verily thou dost guide (men) to the Straight Way,-

YUSUFALI: Know, therefore, that there is no god but Allah, and ask forgiveness for thy fault, and for the men and women who believe: for Allah knows how ye move about and how ye dwell in your homes.

YUSUFALI: O Prophet! Why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah has made lawful to thee?

YUSUFALI: (The Prophet) frowned and turned away,

Finally:

YUSUFALI: If Allah were to punish men for their wrong-doing, He would not leave, on the (earth), a single living creature:

peace!

Edited by Muhamad

• Advanced Member

Dear Readers,

The following proofs are based on clear verses from the Quran, which prove that no prophet was ever perfect. This is an important topic, which has many people attributing Allah's perfection to others than Him .. hence assigning partners to His names unjustly. Hopefully the logical sequence below will help inspire you and make your faith stronger. Thank you.

salam,

Only Allah has perfection in any way, including knowledge and wisdom:

YUSUFALI: They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."

make no distinctions between prophets and they need forgiveness for their imperfections:

YUSUFALI: The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His messengers." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."

YUSUFALI: Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)."

YUSUFALI: Muhammad is no more than a messenger: many Were the messenger that passed away before him.

YUSUFALI: To those who believe in Allah and His messengers and make no distinction between any of the messengers, we shall soon give their (due) rewards: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Prophet Moses repenting for his mistakes:

YUSUFALI: Moses prayed: "O my Lord! forgive me and my brother! admit us to Thy mercy! for Thou art the Most Merciful of those who show mercy!"

YUSUFALI: He prayed: "O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul! Do Thou then forgive me!" So (Allah) forgave him: for He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Prophet David asking for forgiveness:

038.024 YUSUFALI: ...and David gathered that We had tried him: he asked forgiveness of his Lord, fell down, bowing (in prostration), and turned (to Allah in repentance).

Prophet Sulaiman asking for forgiveness:

YUSUFALI: He said, "O my Lord! Forgive me, and grant me a kingdom which, (it may be), suits not another after me: for Thou art the Grantor of Bounties (without measure).

Prophet Abraham asking for forgiveness:

YUSUFALI: "O our Lord! cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness - me, my parents, and (all) Believers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!

even though:

YUSUFALI: Abraham was indeed a model, devoutly obedient to Allah, (and) true in Faith, and he joined not gods with Allah:

yet Allah (swt) tells our Prophet to follow Abraham "the true in faith":

YUSUFALI: So We have taught thee the inspired (Message), "Follow the ways of Abraham the True in Faith, and he joined not gods with Allah."

and our Prophet Muhamed :

YUSUFALI: And thus have We, by Our Command, sent inspiration to thee: thou knewest not (before) what was Revelation, and what was Faith; but We have made the (Qur'an) a Light, wherewith We guide such of Our servants as We will; and verily thou dost guide (men) to the Straight Way,-

YUSUFALI: Know, therefore, that there is no god but Allah, and ask forgiveness for thy fault, and for the men and women who believe: for Allah knows how ye move about and how ye dwell in your homes.

YUSUFALI: O Prophet! Why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah has made lawful to thee?

Finally:

YUSUFALI: If Allah were to punish men for their wrong-doing, He would not leave, on the (earth), a single living creature:

peace!

(salam)

Do people do as you describe? I dont know? the most important is to believe they make no mistake in relaying the message.

And if someone does believe this how will it harm them since they have passed away from us now?

edit: ah OK i see now you are saying the blatent rejection of Quran+ biddah leading to fire.(ultimately)

Edited by Mohammed-W

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Brother Muhamad, dont fall into misguidance of Wahabi propaganda. This article is a perfect example of how a sick Wahabi mind works. They have nothing but to disrespect and degrade prophets of Allah. So let us look at the article.

Dear Readers,

The following is based purely on clear verses from the Quran, which prove that no prophet was ever perfect. This is an important topic, which has many people attributing Allah's perfection to others than Him .. hence assigning partners to His names unjustly. Hopefully the logical sequence below will help inspire you and make your faith stronger. Thank you.

Here the sick Wahabi mind is working to make a illogical assumption:

Sinless and mistake free = Perfect = Allah

What he is forgetting is that there are degrees of perfection, And no one can reach the perfection of Allah. Yes Prophets, Ahlul Bait and the most pious servants are closer to Allah than many of us but that does not mean they have become Allah.

He also talks about clear verses. But if you go into detail you will find that he has shown you some verses and not all. Thus painting a picture that would suit his misguided beliefs. similarly words are added in brackets to change their meanings.

salam,

Only Allah (swt) has perfection in any way, including knowledge and wisdom:

First he a quotes an ayat about which no one disputes. Off course Allah is perfect an all ways and no one can reach him in knowledge and wisdom. But the question is, who is claiming that someone other than Allah is all-perfect, all-wise or all-knowledgeable??????

make no distinctions between prophets:

According to scholars "no distinction between messengers" means we believe in all of them and the revelation given to them. We don't believe in some while rejecting others.

But that does not mean that all prophets were equal in their qualities, achievements, and rank as is evident from the following verse:

Of those messengers, some of whom We have caused to excel others, and of whom there are some unto whom Allah spake, while some of them He exalted (above others) in degree; and We gave Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty) and We supported him with the holy Spirit. And if Allah had so willed it, those who followed after them would not have fought one with another after the clear proofs had come unto them. But they differed, some of them believing and some disbelieving. And if Allah had so willed it, they would not have fought one with another; but Allah doeth what He will. (Quran 2:253)

Wahabi will not show you this ayat.

Prophet Moses as.gif repenting for his mistakes:

Prophet David as.gif asking for forgiveness:

Prophet Sulaiman as.gif asking for forgiveness:

Prophet Abraham as.gif asking for forgiveness:

even though:

yet Allah (swt) tells our Prophet pbuh.gif to follow Abraham as.gif "the true in faith":

These verses teach us how to repent and ask forgiveness from Allah. If a prophet worships Allah for hours he may still feel that he has not worshiped Allah enough. This is not a sin but rather a sign of being humble. Because a prophet no matter how high his status may be, he is still a servant of Allah. So it makes seance for him to repent and ask for his forgiveness for not doing more.

Also Prophets have a higher status than us and with status comes high expectations. Those things that are not expected of us are expected from the prophets. Prophets are expected to choose the best option. If they dont it is what is called "Tark e Awla". Which means not choosing the best option. For example we are not required to ask Allahs permission every time we leave town. When Prophet Younus (as) left his town he left without asking Allah's permission. thus he did "Tark e Awla" (left the best option), The best option for him was to ask Allah before leaving his town and people. Allah tested him for this and he was swallowed by a big fish. He repented and was released.

and our Prophet Muhamed pbuh.gif :

Finally:

Again, product of a sick Wahabi mind.

The above ayat came when Prophets two wifes Ayasha and Hafza conspired against him. He stopped drinking Honey which he liked so much. Allah did not want him to stop drinking honey which he liked.

Here is proof:

Sahih Muslim, Book 9, Number 3496:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) narrated that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) used to spend time with Zainab daughter of Jahsh and drank honey at her house. She ('A'isha further) said: I and Hafsa agreed that one whom Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) would visit first should say: I notice that you have an odour of the Maghafir (gum of mimosa). He (the Holy Prophet) visited one of them and she said to him like this, whereupon he said: I have taken honey in the house of Zainab bint Jabsh and I will never do it again. It was at this (that the following verse was revealed): 'Why do you hold to be forbidden what Allah has made lawful for you... (up to). If you both ('A'isha and Hafsa) turn to Allah" up to:" And when the Holy Prophet confided an information to one of his wives" (lxvi. 3). This refers to his saying: But I have taken honey.

------

Please read you books first before coming here and disrespecting the Prophet (S).

========

Note the word prophet written in brackets. How on earth do you know that these verses were for the prophet and not someone else?????

Prophet (S) is the best example of good manners. How can we expect the mercy for mankinf (Rehmatulil Aalamin) to frown and turn away from someone who is blind. According to scholars the verse was revealed about Uthman and Ibn Umm-Maktoom, and he was blind. He came to the Messenger of Allah (S), while in the company of companions, and Uthman was there. The Messenger introduced him to Uthman and Uthman frowned and turned his face away.

Read more: Who Offended the Blind?

May Allah save us from the misguidance and fitna of the Wahabis.

WS

Edited by Orion

The Prophets (as) and Imams (as) mistakes are more like when a player does his best, but misses the net (hit's the cross bar adn they don't advance)......

They're mistakes are not be compared with our mistakes, and specialy not our dark unclean evil sins, for all their actions are righteous in intention and motive and reality.

wa salam

I was patient but now you MysticKnight (or whoever you are) have crossed your line and I am hereby asking Allah Almighty to hand you your reward/punishment fairly here and now and before Ramadhaan in sha Allah for what you have just stupidly uttered.

May Allah never forgive you for say so about the Prophet and the Imams (may the blessing of Allah be upon them all forever).

أعوذ بالله من الشيطٰن الرجيم بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ وَمَلَٰٓئِكَتَهُۥ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى ٱلنَّبِىِّ ۚ

يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ صَلُّوا۟ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا۟ تَسْلِيمًا

الأحزاب 56

اللهُمَّ صَلِّ على مُحَمَّدٍ وءالِ مُحَمَّدٍ

Ali Adams

God > infinty

Edited by aliadams

I was patient but now you MysticKnight (or whoever you are) have crossed your line and I am hereby asking Allah Almighty to hand you your reward/punishment fairly here and now and before Ramadhaan in sha Allah for what you have just stupidly uttered.

May Allah never forgive you for say so about the Prophet and the Imams (may the blessing of Allah be upon them all forever).

ÃÚæÐ ÈÇááå ãä ÇáÔíØٰä ÇáÑÌíã ÈöÓúãö ٱááøóåö ٱáÑøóÍúãóٰäö ٱáÑøóÍöíãö

Åöäøó ٱááøóåó æóãóáóٰٓÆößóÊóåõۥ íõÕóáøõæäó Úóáóì ٱáäøóÈöìøö ۚ

íóٰٓÃóíøõåóÇ ٱáøóÐöíäó ÁóÇãóäõæÇ۟ ÕóáøõæÇ۟ Úóáóíúåö æóÓóáøöãõæÇ۟ ÊóÓúáöíãðÇ

ÇáÃÍÒÇÈ 56

Çááåõãøó Õóáöø Úáì ãõÍóãøóÏò æÁÇáö ãõÍóãøóÏò

Ali Adams

God > infinty

Salam

I meant by Imams (as) other then our 12 Imams (as), becasue every Nabi had 12 Imams with him.. but what I mean is like Yonus (as), he does his best, but he does a mistake, this is what I mean, he is not intending any bad.

I don't fear ne1 prayers or anything but Allah (swt)..btw..

wa salam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Hey Muhammad, the file below is a book called: [The Infallibility of the Prophets in the Quran - By Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi]. Its worth a look.

Also I would just like to say that, the prophets can sin, they aren't robots, but the question is would they sin? No they wouldn't because of their recognition of Allah (swt).

Wa'Salam!

20063460-Sayyid-Saeed-Akhtar-Rizvi-The-Infallibility-of-the-Prophets-in-the-Quran.pdf

Edited by Son Of Adam

MysticKnight said:

======================================================================

I mean other Imams (as), not our Ahlebayt (as)...b/c there was past Imams too..

OK brother, I take what I said back.

Ali

Dear brothers,

OK let me clear with everybody that i am NOT influenced by wahabi thought, which i don't even know (i am pure muslim) .. these are clear verses from the quran showing us that prophets (pbut) did mistakes, and same goes for our prophet (pbuh).

And thanks to Allah i always knew that only Allah is perfect, and that humans are in degrees and levels. There is no evidence from the quran showing otherwise. I just did this research myself to prove my point. At the same time i confirmed that there is not a single aya clearly stating that any human being, or that any of Allah's creation is perfect.

The story of our first prophet (as) is perhaps a good example i did not include above. Allah asked all the angels to salute Adam in a way that shows that he's better than the rest. And iblis did not agree, because he said that he is better than a creature made of mud. This shows us that humans are the best of all creations, but surely not perfect. And we are all paying for Adam's original sin now. We are all aware of our "shame", which Adam only became aware of after eating from the forbidden tree.

This means that all humans have shame, otherwise we would not need to wear clothes and run around like animals who are not aware of difference between good an evil.

My brothers, i know that many of you have believed all your lives that a human being can be perfect, but this is not the case. It's the same trap the christians fell into when they started saying that Jesus (as) is infallible.

May Allah reveal you the truth in all important matters.

Salam

Edited by Muhamad

• Advanced Member

MysticKnight said:

I mean other Imams (as), not our Ahlebayt (as)...b/c there was past Imams too..

OK brother, I take what I said back.

Ali

(salam)

can curses be taken back? or do they fall on the speaker or the spoken to?

• Advanced Member

Dear brothers,

OK let me clear with everybody that i am NOT influenced by wahabi thought, which i don't even know (i am pure muslim) .. these are clear verses from the quran showing us that prophets (pbut) did mistakes, and same goes for our prophet (pbuh).

And thanks to Allah i always knew that only Allah is perfect, and that humans are in degrees and levels. There is no evidence from the quran showing otherwise. I just did this research myself to prove my point. At the same time i confirmed that there is not a single aya clearly stating that any human being, or that any of Allah's creation is perfect.

The story of our first prophet (as) is perhaps a good example i did not include above. Allah asked all the angels to salute Adam in a way that shows that he's better than the rest. And iblis did not agree, because he said that he is better than a creature made of mud. This shows us that humans are the best of all creations, but surely not perfect. And we are all paying for Adam's original sin now. We are all aware of our "shame", which Adam only became aware of after eating from the forbidden tree.

This means that all humans have shame, otherwise we would not need to wear clothes and run around like animals who are not aware of difference between good an evil.

My brothers, i know that many of you have believed all your lives that a human being can be perfect, but this is not the case. It's the same trap the christians fell into when they started saying that Jesus (as) is infallible.

Salam

(salam)

Hey brother I understand where you are coming from. You are correct that Allah (swt) is all perfect. In regards to the prophets they are infallible in the sense that they can sin, but they won't sin as I said before because of their recognition of Allah (swt). For example can our Prophet swear? Yes he can because he's not a robot, but he would never do it, as the Quran says: Your Companion is neither astray nor being misled, (2) Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire. (3) It is no less than inspiration sent down to him: (4) He was taught by one mighty in Power, (5)(Surah 53).

The holy Prophet (s) was sent to show us and teach us how we can become the best of people, the quran says - So take what the Messenger assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you (59:7). Thus if the Prophet (s) would swear then its okay for us to do the same, however theProphet (s) was never seen making mistakes. Our status is different then his (s) he is the most beloved of Allah.

In regards to Adam (s) he is also Infallible, the Holy Prophet (s) once said 'babies are born innocent and God-worshipping' illustrating that we are born pure. The christians beleive they aren't born sinless, because of Adam(a.s) sin, however if Adam(a.s) sinned, what does it have to do with us? I ask you the question if we born in sin and ashamed, then what was Adam (a.s) born?

In regards to the Infallibility of Adam, Ibrahim, Dawood etc in the Quran with relation to their stories, read the document I attached at the top, hope it clears some doubt.

May Allah guide us all,

Wa'Salam!

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

What did Adam (S) eat. Did he eat any of the haram things that Islam prohibits. Did he eat pork or anything like that?

My brothers, i know that many of you have believed all your lives that a human being can be perfect, but this is not the case. It's the same trap the christians fell into when they started saying that Jesus as.gif is infallible.

What gave you the idea that someone believes that human beings can be as perfect as God. Did anyone on this forum said that? Or did you just assume that people hold that belief.

WS

• Veteran Member

The Holy Prophets were on the right path. If they were prone to error and sin then they will have strayed from the right path as this path allows for no error and deficiency. They will then be in need of further guidance to bring them on the straight path. This contradicts the fact that the Quran has explicitly stated that the prophets were on the right path to begin with, hence, to deny the prophets' infallibility would mean deviating from what the Quran has said.

• Advanced Member

Allah says about the Prophet (S):

(bismillah)

وَالنَّجْمِ إِذَا هَوَى

مَا ضَلَّ صَاحِبُكُمْ وَمَا غَوَى

وَمَا يَنطِقُ عَنِ الْهَوَى

إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا وَحْيٌ يُوحَى

By the Star when it setteth

Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived

Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire

It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired

(Quran 53:1-4)

-----------

The Prophet (S) who could not even speak with his own desire how could he make mistakes?

WS

Edited by Orion

• Advanced Member

(salam)

So Allah azzawajal is not capable of sending humanity a proper guide? He would send us someone flawed to mislead us?

So when a prophet gets angry and hits someone out of anger, sinfully, we should punish the prophet for his sin? And then it gives us the excuse to sin because "Hey, the prophet of god sinned, what do you expect from me?"

Everyone CAN be "sinless" in their actions and piety, but it is a very difficult struggle and only the true Awliyah succeed by the Mercy and Guidance and Will of Allah azzawajal. Indeed the Prophets(pbut) are the greatest Awliya.

Astagfirullah just ask yourself these silly instances:

"The prophet is praying wrong, hey prophet of god fix your feet man what's wrong with you?" astagfirullah

"The prophet of god just punched my wife in the face, what the hell man?" astagfirullah

"The prophet of god is asleep again and missed another prayer... let's make Du'a that god will give him better responsibility" astagfirullah

come on seriously.... That would mean that people are following hadith that he said by accident or did by accident because it was really a sinful mistake, and we're turning it into Shariah.... So god sent us a practical joke? Is that what you really think?

On the day of judgement you think the prophet(pbuhhf) will say, "Oh you guys ... you know I was just having a really bad day that time..... I didn't think you'd turn it into a sunnah for 1500 years... my bad." come onnnn hahaha astagfirullah, (wasalam)

Edited by AlayhisSalaam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

So Allah azzawajal is not capable of sending humanity a proper guide? He would send us someone flawed to mislead us?

So when a prophet gets angry and hits someone out of anger, sinfully, we should punish the prophet for his sin? And then it gives us the excuse to sin because "Hey, the prophet of god sinned, what do you expect from me?"

Everyone CAN be "sinless" in their actions and piety, but it is a very difficult struggle and only the true Awliyah succeed by the Mercy and Guidance and Will of Allah azzawajal. Indeed the Prophets(pbut) are the greatest Awliya.

Astagfirullah just ask yourself these silly instances:

"The prophet is praying wrong, hey prophet of god fix your feet man what's wrong with you?" astagfirullah

"The prophet of god just punched my wife in the face, what the hell man?" astagfirullah

"The prophet of god is asleep again and missed another prayer... let's make Du'a that god will give him better responsibility" astagfirullah

come on seriously.... That would mean that people are following hadith that he said by accident or did by accident because it was really a sinful mistake, and we're turning it into Shariah.... So god sent us a practical joke? Is that what you really think?

On the day of judgement you think the prophet(pbuhhf) will say, "Oh you guys ... you know I was just having a really bad day that time..... I didn't think you'd turn it into a sunnah for 1500 years... my bad." come onnnn hahaha astagfirullah, (wasalam)

(bismillah)

One wonders, why on earth would someone start thinking if Prophets made mistakes or not.

I mean think about it for a moment. Why would anyone want to find mistakes with our Prophets (S), search through Quran to look for verses that may indicate that he had committed a mistake (nawozobillah). In the real world people generally look for the good qualities in their leaders, ancestors and other important figures in their life. So why would someone want to find faults with them???????

Now let me tell you the reason.

If you look through Islamic history during the life of the Prophet (S) you will notice that at several occasions some Sahaba failed to follow Prophet's (S) orders. This makes these Sahaba look bad. So in order to save the mis-conduct of some Sahaba, these people come up with a very lame excuse. The excuse goes as follows:

Prophet worked in two capacities, one as a Prophet of Allah and the other as a common human being. Some orders he gave or things he said or did were according to the commands of Allah (role of prophet). While other orders he gave or things he said or did were in his personal capacity (as a human being) and not according to the commands of Allah. So it was not obligatory on the Sahaba to follow those commands of his that were from him and not Allah.

Pretty pathetic excuse, isn't it? They are willing to degrade the prophet from the level of an infallible, sinless, error free masoom, who said and did everything according to the commands of Allah.......to the level of just our "big brother".......all just to save the misconduct of some Sahaba.

However, the ayats I had quoted before:

"By the Star when it setteth, Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived, Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire, It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired" (Quran 53:1-4) ------ clears Prophet (S) from what they claim about him.

------------

Also Allah says in Quran:

And (remember) when his Lord tried Abraham with (His) commands, and he fulfilled them, He said: Lo! I have appointed thee a leader for mankind. (Abraham) said: And of my offspring (will there be leaders)? He said: My covenant includeth not wrong-doers. (Quran 2:124)

Rasool Allah (S) was from the offspring of Abraham (S). So how can Prophet and Imams be wrong-doers?????

------------

Furthermore there is a Sunni hadith that proves the infallibility of not only the Rasool Allah (S) but also his true Khalfas our - 12 Imams (as). Here is the hadith:

حدثنا ‏ ‏أصبغ ‏ ‏أخبرنا ‏ ‏ابن وهب ‏ ‏أخبرني ‏ ‏يونس ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏ابن شهاب ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي سلمة ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي سعيد الخدري ‏

‏عن النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏ما بعث الله من نبي ولا استخلف من خليفة إلا كانت له بطانتان بطانة تأمره بالمعروف وتحضه عليه وبطانة تأمره بالشر وتحضه عليه فالمعصوم من عصم الله تعالى ‏

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "Allah never sends a Prophet or gives the Caliphate to a Caliph but that he (the Prophet or the Caliph) has two groups of advisers: A group advising him to do good and exhorts him to do it, and the other group advising him to do evil and exhorts him to do it. But the MASOOM (infallible) is the one protected by Allah. "

(Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 89, Number 306)

========

May Allah show them the light to respect the Prophet (S).

WS

Edited by Orion

(salam)

Hey Muhammad, the file below is a book called: [The Infallibility of the Prophets in the Quran - By Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi]. Its worth a look.

Also I would just like to say that, the prophets can sin, they aren't robots, but the question is would they sin? No they wouldn't because of their recognition of Allah (swt).

Wa'Salam!

Hey Son of Adam,

Thanks for the document. Honestly i read the first half then made up my mind that the author uses weak and unclear links to prove his points.

For example claims:

According to the experts of Islamic

jurisprudence, the orders given by Allãh are of two

types:

1.Al-amr al-mawlawi, a legislative command.

Such orders must be implemented; and, if someone

disobeys such a command, then he is committing a sin

and is liable to be punished.

2Al-amr al-irshãdi, an advisory command. Such

orders are of advisory nature; their purpose is to

inform the people about its consequences. However, if

someone disobeys such an order, then he is not

committing a sin; of course, he will have to face the

consequences of not following the advice.

Who are those experts that came up with this? And where is the evidence for this difference? And what are the standards? I don't buy into it, as it doesn't make sense to split Allah's command this way. Where is the reason behind it?? And where is the difference?? the consequence .. well they both have consequences!! DOES NOT MAKE SENSE .. DOES NOT HAVE SUPPORT IN QURAN ..

Anyway, to continue ..

He claims that Allah's order to Adam and Eve was advisory command ..

YUSUFALI: "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and enjoy (its good things) as ye wish: but approach not this tree, ..

that sounds like a serious command ..

YUSUFALI: Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all their shame that was hidden from them (before): he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree,

the author goes further on saying:

We have already

explained that commands of Allah do not always have

the force of obligation or prohibition. And, by keeping

in mind those verses which prove the ‘i¥mah, we have

no choice but to interpret this word as “disobeyed the

advisory command”.

.. which verses is he talking about that give us no choice but to classify according to an imaginary non-existent classification method of sins? very shady!

YUSUFALI: So by deceit he brought about their fall: when they tasted of the tree, their shame became manifest to them, and they began to sew together the leaves of the garden over their bodies. And their Lord called unto them: "Did I not forbid you that tree, and tell you that Satan was an avowed enemy unto you?"

isn't this the basic ingredients for ANY sin??? Deceit + not following God's clear orders + listening to Satan the clear enemy ????? How can this not be clearly defined as a sin??? I am really wondering what the intentions of the author are here!!

And another statement from the author is:

The order given to Adam in Heaven is not same as

the orders given to human beings in this world—it is

disobedience of the orders given on this earth that

constitutes sin.

here is an aya that just blows away his statement:

007.026 YUSUFALI: O ye Children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the evil ones friends (only) to those without faith.

In the case of Prophet Ibrahim (as) .. he did not discuss the aya that i used as evidence (014.041 
YUSUFALI: "O our Lord! cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness - me, my parents, and (all) Believers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established! ) ..

the rest of the book is full of mistakes and illogical statements. Twisting the clear meanings of the quran isn't right, neither coming up with false standards of what a sin is in context to disobeying God's commandments.

remember the aya: 016.061 

.. this includes the prophet who was alive when the verse was revealed.

Prophets were human beings like us who are not perfect and have defects, and committed sins. They distinguish themselves from other humans that they are messengers of Allah, and usually did less sins and more good than the rest of mankind. Prophets were not classified as "wrong-doers" or "sinners" in any way, but were not perfect like Allah. To make no mistakes you have to be flawless and perfect .. which goes hand-in-hand with all other names of Allah.

the same way like the prophets did mistakes, we can also be sure that the bad people on earth must have done good as well. We get judged via a balance: Only Allah is the Absolute!!!

saying that the prophets are absolutely flawless and perfect is basically saying that the prophets are God! We need to be careful not to fall in that trap and to remain humble and ask Allah for forgiveness. Prophets are human .. human .. human .. Only Allah is without mistakes in action.

Salam alekum!

(salam)

Hey brother I understand where you are coming from. You are correct that Allah (swt) is all perfect. In regards to the prophets they are infallible in the sense that they can sin, but they won't sin as I said before because of their recognition of Allah (swt). For example can our Prophet swear? Yes he can because he's not a robot, but he would never do it, as the Quran says: Your Companion is neither astray nor being misled, (2) Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire. (3) It is no less than inspiration sent down to him: (4) He was taught by one mighty in Power, (5)(Surah 53).

The holy Prophet (s) was sent to show us and teach us how we can become the best of people, the quran says - So take what the Messenger assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you (59:7). Thus if the Prophet (s) would swear then its okay for us to do the same, however theProphet (s) was never seen making mistakes. Our status is different then his (s) he is the most beloved of Allah.

In regards to Adam (s) he is also Infallible, the Holy Prophet (s) once said 'babies are born innocent and God-worshipping' illustrating that we are born pure. The christians beleive they aren't born sinless, because of Adam(a.s) sin, however if Adam(a.s) sinned, what does it have to do with us? I ask you the question if we born in sin and ashamed, then what was Adam (a.s) born?

In regards to the Infallibility of Adam, Ibrahim, Dawood etc in the Quran with relation to their stories, read the document I attached at the top, hope it clears some doubt.

May Allah guide us all,

Wa'Salam!

Hey brother man,

The quran saying that the prophet is not astray or not misled, and that he's not doing this for selfish reasons, can apply to ANY true believer. And any true believer can lead and be an example to mankind. Even if their actions are not perfect. Even if they commit the occasional sin according to their standards.

And concerning your question about being born without sin, i don't understand where you are getting to exactly. I think it's obvious that we are born without sins,because we didn't have the chance to yet.

I read the document you attached bro, and i strongly disagree with what is being said in there. No clear evidence, only innovations of words, of meanings, and classifications. none, which are supported by quran.

May Allah open our eyes to the truth,

Salam Alekum

(bismillah)

What did Adam (S) eat. Did he eat any of the haram things that Islam prohibits. Did he eat pork or anything like that?

What gave you the idea that someone believes that human beings can be as perfect as God. Did anyone on this forum said that? Or did you just assume that people hold that belief.

WS

he ate something that Allah did not allow him, therefore committed a sin. What exactly it was is not the point of this discussion now. It's just to show that Allah is the only perfect One.

people in this forum claim that there are humans who have never made a mistake, which means that they are perfect. This is not true and perfection (lack of mistakes) is reserved for Allah alone

YUSUFALI: If Allah were to punish men according to what they deserve. He would not leave on the back of the (earth) a single living creature:

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

remember the aya: 016.061 

.. this includes the prophet who was alive when the verse was revealed.

Living creatures also include plants and animals. Would you include them among the sinners like you are including prophets?

WS

Edited by Orion

(bismillah)

One wonders, why on earth would someone start thinking if Prophets made mistakes or not.

I mean think about it for a moment. Why would anyone want to find mistakes with our Prophets (S), search through Quran to look for verses that may indicate that he had committed a mistake (nawozobillah). In the real world people generally look for the good qualities in their leaders, ancestors and other important figures in their life. So why would someone want to find faults with them???????

Now let me tell you the reason.

If you look through Islamic history during the life of the Prophet (S) you will notice that at several occasions some Sahaba failed to follow Prophet's (S) orders. This makes these Sahaba look bad. So in order to save the mis-conduct of some Sahaba, these people come up with a very lame excuse. The excuse goes as follows:

Prophet worked in two capacities, one as a Prophet of Allah and the other as a common human being. Some orders he gave or things he said or did were according to the commands of Allah (role of prophet). While other orders he gave or things he said or did were in his personal capacity (as a human being) and not according to the commands of Allah. So it was not obligatory on the Sahaba to follow those commands of his that were from him and not Allah.

Pretty pathetic excuse, isn't it? They are willing to degrade the prophet from the level of an infallible, sinless, error free masoom, who said and did everything according to the commands of Allah.......to the level of just our "big brother".......all just to save the misconduct of some Sahaba.

However, the ayats I had quoted before:

"By the Star when it setteth, Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived, Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire, It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired" (Quran 53:1-4) ------ clears Prophet (S) from what they claim about him.

------------

Also Allah says in Quran:

And (remember) when his Lord tried Abraham with (His) commands, and he fulfilled them, He said: Lo! I have appointed thee a leader for mankind. (Abraham) said: And of my offspring (will there be leaders)? He said: My covenant includeth not wrong-doers. (Quran 2:124)

Rasool Allah (S) was from the offspring of Abraham (S). So how can Prophet and Imams be wrong-doers?????

------------

Furthermore there is a Sunni hadith that proves the infallibility of not only the Rasool Allah (S) but also his true Khalfas our - 12 Imams (as). Here is the hadith:

حدثنا ‏ ‏أصبغ ‏ ‏أخبرنا ‏ ‏ابن وهب ‏ ‏أخبرني ‏ ‏يونس ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏ابن شهاب ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي سلمة ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي سعيد الخدري ‏

‏عن النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏ما بعث الله من نبي ولا استخلف من خليفة إلا كانت له بطانتان بطانة تأمره بالمعروف وتحضه عليه وبطانة تأمره بالشر وتحضه عليه فالمعصوم

من عصم الله تعالى ‏

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "Allah never sends a Prophet or gives the Caliphate to a Caliph but that he (the Prophet or the Caliph) has two groups of advisers: A group advising him to do good and exhorts him to do it, and the other group advising him to do evil and exhorts him to do it. But the MASOOM (infallible) is the one protected by Allah. "

(Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 89, Number 306)

========

May Allah show them the light to respect the Prophet (S).

WS

in my case it wasn't for sahaba or anybody on earth ever. It was for Allah! Allah !! Allah!! For the sake of setting things right and fighting for the truth and that only Allah is the perfect One ever. Nobody is capable of a perfect deed other than Allah.

Open your minds and get over the politics of people who are long gone. Your hatred towards Wahabists makes the devil laugh! Your hatred will only do you harm, and blind you to the truth. The religion of truth is far greater than a couple of fools here and there. Your hatred of Wahabists makes you reject things in their line of thought that might benefit you, and the same goes for anybody who hates shia or anybody else actually. Our enemy is the shaytan everybody!!! don't lose your focus ..

and before you come to conclusions on your mind-reading ventures, let me tell you that you can never read anybody's mind. So be careful when you accuse somebody of having a narrow political mind like you. Not everybody cares and thinks about your 1400 year old gossip.

And again .. the ayat :

THEY DO NOT MAKE YOUR STATEMENTS CLEAR! They in no way state that our prophet (pbuh) was perfect and did NO mistakes.

And what about the quranic verses i added above?? are they all ignored or deviously altered?? And how can you blame these verses on wahabist thought when they are purely verses speaking clearly!! where is fear of Allah in this??

your hadeeth you added doesn't talk about infallible behavior either. Muslims need to stop making far fetched interpretations just to prove their points. Get me clear evidence if you fear Allah! CLEAR EVIDENCE FROM THE QURAN !!!

also, using hadeeth for proof is not possible because they are not perfect like the words of Allah. In addition to the prophet's words not being perfect like Allah's, also did you ever play chinese whisper?

(bismillah)

Living creatures also include plants and animals. Would you include them among the sinners like you are including prophets?

WS

i never called prophets "sinners" .. don't bad-mouth me if you fear Allah!! There are many wise men on earth who are not allowed to be called by this title even though they do mistakes .. and to answer you question:

ONLY Allah IS PERFECT! ALL HIS CREATURES ARE IMPERFECT IN EVERY ACTION.

ws

Edited by Muhamad

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

i never called prophets "sinners" .. don't bad-mouth me if you fear Allah!! There are many wise men on earth who are not allowed to be called by this title even though they do mistakes .. and to answer you question:

Than what was your point in quoting this ayat again and again. You were using this ayat to prove what?

THEY DO NOT MAKE YOUR STATEMENTS CLEAR! They in no way state that our prophet (pbuh) was perfect and did NO mistakes.

Mistake = error.

"Your companion does not err, nor does he go astray; (Quran 53;2)

people in this forum claim that there are humans who have never made a mistake, which means that they are perfect. This is not true and perfection (lack of mistakes) is reserved for Allah alone

ONLY Allah IS PERFECT! ALL HIS CREATURES ARE IMPERFECT IN EVERY ACTION.

This view is against the following verses of QURAN:

YUSUFALI: On high hath He raised its canopy, and He hath given it order and perfection.

-------

YUSUFALI: It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Moreover His design comprehended the heavens, for He gave order and perfection to the seven firmaments; and of all things He hath perfect knowledge.

-------

YUSUFALI: Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers.

------

27:88 (Y. Ali) Thou seest the mountains and thinkest them firmly fixed: but they shall pass away as the clouds pass away: (such is) the artistry of Allah, who disposes of all things in perfect order: for he is well acquainted with all that ye do.

------

These ayats clearly tell us that there is perfection in the 7 heavens, the canopy and tips of our fingers. In fact if you look carefully there is a degree of perfection in all His creations living or non-living. Does that make them all God?

You are confusing THE PERFECTION of Allah with the perfection of his creatures. Two totally different things. No one gave Allah His perfection. While the perfection found in his creations is given to them by Allah. Perfection of Allah is independent. Perfection of his creations is dependent. Also there is a difference in magnitude.

WS

Edited by Orion

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

in my case it wasn't for sahaba or anybody on earth ever. It was for Allah! Allah !! Allah!! For the sake of setting things right and fighting for the truth and that only Allah is the perfect One ever. Nobody is capable of a perfect deed other than Allah.

Open your minds and get over the politics of people who are long gone. Your hatred towards Wahabists makes the devil laugh! Your hatred will only do you harm, and blind you to the truth. The religion of truth is far greater than a couple of fools here and there. Your hatred of Wahabists makes you reject things in their line of thought that might benefit you, and the same goes for anybody who hates shia or anybody else actually. Our enemy is the shaytan everybody!!! don't lose your focus ..

and before you come to conclusions on your mind-reading ventures, let me tell you that you can never read anybody's mind. So be careful when you accuse somebody of having a narrow political mind like you. Not everybody cares and thinks about your 1400 year old gossip.

Brother Muhamad,

No need to get upset. You have already stated that you are not a Wahabi. My comments were directed towards the general readers. The ideas you have put forward could be your own research but you are not the first one. Others had forwarded such ideas before for other reasons. I was just highlighting those reasons. So dont take them personally. If you are discussing this issue for the sake of Allah, I am also doing it for the same reason.

No doubt Allah has qualities like being All-Perfect, All-Knowing, All-Wise, All-Hearing and so on. You can find them in his Holy Names (Asma al-Hasana). But He has also bestowed these qualities in His creations too, but to a lesser degree. Allah is All-Knowing and you could also know a few things. Allah is All-Hearings and you can also hear an spectrum of sound frequencies. Allah is All-Perfect and you could also have a level of perfection in something. But that does not make you God.

The idea that only Allah is perfect and no one could have even a lesser degree of perfection could lead you astray.

WS

Edited by Orion

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Sinlessness of Prophets in the light of the Qur'an

'Ismah which is generally translated as "sinlessness", literally means 'protection'. The 'protection' with which we are concerned here, is of three kinds:

(1) protection from error in receiving the revelation,

(2) protection from error in communicating and imparting that revelation to the people, and

(3) protection from sins. Sin here means any thing or action which goes against the obligatory command of Allah, and thus becomes a disgrace for the man. In other words, any word or action which is against the dictates of the servitude, homage and devoutness of man towards his Lord.

'Ismah in religious terminology, means the presence, in the man concerned, of a quality which protects him from committing any thing unlawful, any error or sin.

So far as 'ismah from extraneous things (i.e. other than receiving revelation and its communication, and sins) is concerned for example, mistakes in perception by any of the five senses, or misjudging the benefit or harm of a medicine, food or other such thing, etc. - it is not relevant to this verse which we are now discussing.

Anyhow, the Qur'an definitely proves that every prophet was masum (sinless, protected from mistakes,) in all the above mentioned three aspects.

'Ismah from error in receiving the revelation and in its communication to the people: The following sentences, in the verse under discussion, prove these two aspects: so Allah sent the prophets, as bearers of good tidings and as warners, and He sent down with them the book with the truth, so that it might judge between the people in that in which they had differed. And none differed about it but the very people who were given it, after clear signs had come to them, revolting among themselves; whereupon Allah guided, by His will, those who believed to the truth about which they differed.

These words show that Allah sent them to bring the good tidings and to warn; and sent the book with them (and this was the "revelation"), so that they might guide the people to true belief and true deeds. This was the aim and object of Allah in appointing the prophets. And He says: errs not my Lord, nor does He forget. (20:52) It proves that Allah errs not in His action, and makes no mistakes in His affairs; when He wills a thing, He wills it in its proper way which creates the desired effect without fail; when He proceeds with a work, the result is produced without any mistake. It is as it should be, because in His hand is creation and command, and for Him is power and judgment. And He sends prophets by revealing to them the true knowledge of religion and teaching it to them and without fail it must be so; of necessity the prophets must receive and understand the revelation correctly; and He sends them to communicate that revelation to their people, and without fail it must be so; without any error or mistake they must communicate it as Allah has willed. Allah says: Surely Allah attains His purpose; Allah indeed has made a measure for everything (65:3); and Allah is predominant over His affair. (12:21)

Another verse which proves these two types of 'ismah is as follows: The Knower of the Unseen; so He does not reveal His secrets to any except to him whom He chooses for an apostle; for surely He makes a guard to march before him and after him, so that He may know that they have indeed delivered the messages of their Lord, and He encompasses what is with them and He takes account of everything. (72:26-28) It is clear that Allah reserves His revelation for His messengers; so He reveals His secrets to them and supports them by guarding them from in front of them and behind them; and encompasses what is with them to protect the revelation from decay and alteration, whether that alteration comes from Satan or others; and it is done to make sure that they have indeed correctly delivered the messages of their Lord. Another verse reports the words of the angels of revelation: and we do not come down but by the command of your Lord; His is whatever is before us and whatever is behind us and whatever is between these; and your Lord is not forgetful. (19:64) These verses prove that the revelation right from. the start of its descent, to its reaching down to the prophets and up to its communication and delivery to the people is duly protected and guarded against change and alteration, from whatever source it might come.

These two verses prove the 'ismah of the prophets in receiving and delivering the revelation only; but they may also be used, with the addition of one rational premises, to prove their 'ismah from sins. For an average man, actions speaks as loudly as, if not louder than, words. If someone does a certain thing, ‑his action proves that in his eyes that work is good and lawful; it is as if he was announcing its legality and virtue in so many words. If a prophet committed a sin, while he forbade it to his people, it would mean that he was preaching two contradictory things: his action allowed a thing, while his words forbade it. Thus he would be preaching two things contradictory to each other. And preaching contradictory things is against the preaching of truth, because one order would belie and invalidate the other. One who reports two contradictory items cannot be said to be reporting the truth. Therefore, 'ismah of the prophet in delivering the message of Allah totally depends upon his 'ismah from the sins.

There are many other verses which prove 'ismah of the prophets in all its aspects:‑

(a) These are they whom Allah has guided; therefore, follow their guidance. (6:90) All the prophets were decidedly guided by Allah. And Allah says: and whomsoever Allah lets go astray, there is no guide for him; and whom Allah guides, there is none that can lead him astray; is not Allah Mighty, the Lord of retribution? (39:36-37) Also He says: whomsoever Allah guides, he is the rightly guided one. (18:17) According to these verses those who are guided by Allah can never be led astray by any misleading agency. In other words, they are free from all misguidance; and every sin is a misguidance, as is shown by the words of Allah, Did I not enjoin on you, 0 children of Adam! that you should not worship the, Satan? Surely he is your open enemy, and that you should worship Me; this is the right way. And certainly he led astray a great multitude from among you. What! could not then understand? (36:60-62) In this verse, Allah counts every sin as going astray, a misguidance as a result of the agency of Satan; at the same time regarding it as the wor­ship of Satan. Looking at all the above verses we find that Allah guided all the prophets by His guidance. Anyone guided by Allah's guidance can never be misled, can never go astray. Every sin is a misguidance; every sin is straying from the right path.

It follows that the prophets of Allah were sinless, free from every sin and protected from every mistake in receiving and delivering the revelation of Allah.

(B) And whoever obeys Allah and the Apostle these are with those upon whom Allah has bestowed the favors of the prophets and the truthful and the martyrs and the righteous ones; and excellent are these as companions! (4:69)

Also He says: Keep us on the right path, the path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors, not (the path) of those inflicted with Thy wrath, nor (of those) gone astray. (1:5-7)

The prophets are described as of those upon whom Allah has bestowed His favors; and those upon whom Allah's favors have been bestowed are other than those who have gone astray. It means that the prophets never went astray. If they had commit­ted a sin, they would have gone astray (as explained above). Also, if they had committed any error or mistake in receiving or com­municating the revelation, they would have gone astray. Therefore, the two verses together prove the 'ismah of the prophet~ in all these aspects.

c-These are they on whom Allah bestowed favors, of the prophets of the posterity of Adam, and of those whom We carried with Nuh, and of the posterity of Ibrahim and Israel, and of those whom We guided and chose. When the signs of the Beneficent (God) were recited to them, they fell down prostrating (in obeisance) and weeping. But there followed after them an evil generation, who neglected prayer and followed sensual desires, so they shall soon meet (the result of their) sin. (19:58-59)

This verse attributes two virtues to the prophets: first, the bestowing of favors (upon whom He bestowed favors); second, guidance (whom We guided and chose). Then it goes on praising them for the highest degree of obedience, devoutness and humility before Allah. Afterwards, it condemns the unworthy following generation for their evil traits. Obviously, we see here two opposite groups: one, the praiseworthy ones deserving to be honored by Allah; the other, the condemned ones. This second group has been described as those who followed sensual desires and who will soon see the result of their sins. It clearly means that the first group, i.e. the prophets, did not follow their desires and will not be overtaken by sin. Such sincere servants of Allah could not commit any sin, even before their appointment as prophets. Had they committed any sin even before their receiving prophethood, they would have surely come under the condemnation, neglected prayer and followed sensual desires, so they shall soon meet (the result of their) sin. But, as we explained, theirs is a group of diametrically opposite to the condemned ones.

This Qur'anic proof is somewhat similar to the rational proof given for the 'ismah of the prophets, which is as follows:‑

The sending of the prophets and the showing of miracles in their hands is the confirmation of their words. It means that they cannot tell a lie. Also, it is an endorsement that they have the ability to communicate the message of Allah to their people. But a man who indulges in sins and such actions as would harm a pro­ject, cannot be said to be qualified to preach the usefulness of that project or to invite the people to participate in it. Therefore, when Allah showed miracles in the hands of the prophets it not only authenticated their claim of prophethood, but also confirmed that they could not commit error in receiving ‑and delivering the divine revelation, and that they faithfully obeyed all the com­mands of Allah and desisted from all such things which were disliked by Allah. In other words, they were sinless in all its aspects.

Question: All intelligent people take help, in all varieties of social needs and communications, from those who may discharge their duties to a certain extent, even if their delivery of the mes­sage or their performance in that social work is not quite perfect. What is wrong if Him sends prophets who are capable of doing His work to a certain extent, even if occasionally they indulged in sin?

Reply: Men overlook such defects in their agents for one of two reasons: either they do not mind a little shortcoming and deficiency, or their Him is to get only that amount of service which the agent is qualified for.

But both these alternatives are unacceptable for a divine scheme. These alternatives show the deficiency and shortcoming of not only the agents but also of the principal. Allah cannot be like us mortals.

An Objection: Allah says, why should not then a company from every party from among them go forth that they may acquire (proper) understanding in religion, and that they may warn their people when they come back to them, so that they may be cautious? (9:122)

Here Allah has entrusted Muslim scholars with the task of warning their people. And those scholars are not sinless.

Reply: Muslim scholars (admittedly not sinless) have been allowed by this verse to communicate to their people what they have learned about religion. It does not say that Allah confirms their words of warning, nor that their words are recognized by Allah as a divine proof over people. It is this divine confirmation and recognition which is the basic characteristic of prophethood, not mere warning.

(d) And We did not send any apostle but that he should be obeyed by Allah's permission . . . (4:64)

The aim of sending an apostle is that he be obeyed, and the verse confines the aim to only this one thing. People should obey the apostle in both his words and actions, because preaching is done in both ways. And both these aspects of obedience are covered by Allah's permission. If an apostle erred in understanding the revelation or in its deli­very, it would still be Allah's will, according to this verse, that people should obey and follow him. But Allah only permits truth. How can His permission be related to an error or mistake? Thus, it is clear that an apostle cannot err in receiving or delivering a revelation. Likewise, if an apostle were to commit a sin, in words or actions, an impossible situation would arise. Sin is disliked by Allah, forbidden by Him. But the verse enjoins people to obey and follow their apostle. Thus that same sin would, at the same time, be for the people an act of obedience which they would be required to follow and copy. It would mean that Allah had, at one and the same time, willed it and not willed it, ordered it and forbade it; liked it and disliked it! As explained earlier, it would be an impossible order. We do not mean an order to do an im­possible work (which, some do say, can be given by Allah!); we mean that giving such an order is in itself an impossibility, because it would be, at one and the same time, an order and a non‑order, a will and non‑will, a liking and non‑liking, a praise and no praise, a condemnation and non‑condemnation!!

(e) so that there may not remain any argument for people against Allah, after the apostles ... (4:165)

It is clear that Allah wills to intercept the excuse which people might think of for their sins and disobedience; and that the only way of dismissing such excuse is by sending the apostles to them. The coming of the apostles could cut their excuse short only if the apostles themselves desisted from all those things which Allah does not like ‑ be it in word or action. Otherwise, people could easily give their apostles' sins and mistakes as their excuse, and that argu­ment would be valid against Allah. Therefore, if Allah had sent a non-masum apostle, He would have defeated His own purpose.

Question: It is accepted that the verses prove that the prophets do not commit any mistake or sin. But this does not prove that they had 'ismah. 'Ismah, as defined by scholars, does not mean merely 'not committing any sin'; it is "a faculty which protects a man from committing any sin or mistake". Doing or not doing a work does not prove that the man concerned possesses the faculty, or characteristic, of that doing or not doing. The verses prove that they did not commit any sin; while to prove 'ismah it should be proved that they could not commit any.

Answer: What is needed for proving the subject matter of this verse, is only the fact that the prophets did not commit any sin or mistake. And the questioner accepts that the verses prove it.

To prove that this fact was based on a characteristic or faculty of the prophets, look up the subject of 'miracle' in the first volume. There it was shown that the verse, Surely my Lord is on the straight path (11:56), and Surely Allah attains His purpose; Allah indeed has made a measure for every thing (65:3) prove that every happening depends on a cause which brings it into being. Now in the case of a prophet, we see that all his actions throughout his life are invariably correct, proper and in obedience to Him. This firm and unchanging characteristic shows that there must be a faculty in his soul which protects him from committing any sin or mistakes, and causes all his actions to be in accordance with the commands of Allah. And that faculty is 'ismah.

It is accepted that all actions of a prophet occur by his own will, as do our own actions. But his actions are always in obedience to Him, while our actions are sometimes in obedience and sometimes in disobedience. An action is said to occur by our will when it is based on our knowledge and discretion. Our actions differ in obedience and disobedience because of a difference in the knowledge and will from which they emanate. If our knowledge and will demand to fulfill the dictates of servitude by obeying the divine command, obedience comes into being. If, on the other hand, our knowledge and will prefer the pursuit of pleasure and the satisfaction of lust, then disobedience and sin occur. In short, the difference in the quality of our actions, obedience or disobedience, is caused by the difference in our knowledge and will. Had our knowledge and will remained un­changed throughout our life, all our actions would have been of one type only ‑ either a life‑long obedience to Allah, or, God forbid, an unbroken chain of sins. As the actions of a prophet are invariably. according to the dictates of piety and in obedience to Him, it follows that the knowledge and will from which his actions emanate are healthy ones, invariably good and virtuous. In other words, it is ingrained in his mind and soul that he must always serve and obey Allah. It is this firmly‑rooted knowledge which is called a faculty, characteristics or trait, like the faculty of chastity, of bravery, of justice, and so on. When we admit that a prophet always obeys Allah and never commits any sin, we accept that he possesses a spiritual quality or faculty which always keeps him on right path and protects him from sin and mistakes. And that faculty is 'ismah.

Also, we have shown that a prophet does not commit any error or mistake in receiving or delivering the divine revelation. It means that he possesses a spiritual quality which protects him from such mistakes.

If we say that a prophet does not have this spiritual faculty or characteristic (while it is known that he does not commit any sin or mistake) then it would mean that this unchanging habit (i.e. always following the divine command and desisting from mistake and sin) is not related to any spiritual or psychological trait of his own ‑ in other words, it is caused directly by the will of Allah, and that the prophet has no choice, option or will of his own in his actions; in short his actions are not caused by his knowledge and will. But it is already admitted that the actions of the prophet are based on his knowledge and will just like those of other human beings.

'Ismah comes from Allah; He creates in the prophet a cause from which all his actions emanate - the actions which are done by his own will and are always in obedience to Him; and that cause is the firmly-rooted-knowledge - in other words, the characteristic, trait or faculty.

(Discourse from Tafseer Al-Mizan by Allamah Tabatabai)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Here is an entire chapter of ahadith on the infallibility of the Prophets (as and saww) it explains in the words of the Imam (as) the actual meanings of the ayah that some people get confused upon

http://maaref-foundation.net/english/library/hadith/uyun_akhbar_al_reza_1/20.htm#a252

Fi Aman Allah

Edited by GhulameSayyeda

• Veteran Member

(salam)

^the hadith that first is shown when you click the link you posted is da'ef

http://www.shiachat....is-isnad-sahih/

in the notes of this book mentions about two narrators

Tamim ibn Abdullah ibn Tamim al-Qurashi

Ali ibn Muhammad ibn Al-Jahm

http://maaref-founda...tnotes.htm#b259

anyone have hadith about the tree and adam (as) from sahih chain of narrators ?

(wasalam)

Edited by AlMuttaqi

Than what was your point in quoting this ayat again and again. You were using this ayat to prove what?

Mistake = error.

"Your companion does not err, nor does he go astray; (Quran 53;2)

reason for quoting [ 016.061 
YUSUFALI: If Allah were to punish men for their wrong-doing, He would not leave, on the (earth), a single living creature: ] is to show that all humans including the prophet have committed wrong-doing and depend on Allah's merci to be saved and forgiven.

T

his view is against the following verses of QURAN:

YUSUFALI: On high hath He raised its canopy, and He hath given it order and perfection.

-------

YUSUFALI: It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Moreover His design comprehended the heavens, for He gave order and perfection to the seven firmaments; and of all things He hath perfect knowledge.

-------

YUSUFALI: Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers.

------

27:88 (Y. Ali) Thou seest the mountains and thinkest them firmly fixed: but they shall pass away as the clouds pass away: (such is) the artistry of Allah, who disposes of all things in perfect order: for he is well acquainted with all that ye do.

------

These ayats clearly tell us that there is perfection in the 7 heavens, the canopy and tips of our fingers. In fact if you look carefully there is a degree of perfection in all His creations living or non-living. Does that make them all God?

You are confusing THE PERFECTION of Allah with the perfection of his creatures. Two totally different things. No one gave Allah His perfection. While the perfection found in his creations is given to them by Allah. Perfection of Allah is independent. Perfection of his creations is dependent. Also there is a difference in magnitude

OK, now i am starting to like the caliber of conversation more and more. At least we are debating using quran and logic combined.

Concerning the fingertips, Allah explains to people who doubt that we are to be raised again that He can put together his fingers if He wants

With the mountains and 7 heavens, we are learning about Allah's perfect actions .. and that his actions are perfect. Basically, everything is perfectly created because Allah is in charge of every atom and molecule in the universe. The way Allah created you, me, all of us is perfect. But we are not capable of any perfect actions ourselves. We are to admire Allah's artistry, and those ayas do not point at perfection in the secondary actions of humans.

perfection has no magnitude or limits or levels. The same way like infinity and absoluteness has no classification. Only Allah is perfect without fault, and

the verse "Your companion does not err[/b], nor does he go astray; (Quran 53;2)" is a general statement used countless times in the quran, and can even be used for many wise men today, even though they are not perfect like Allah. It does not clearly state that he NEVER goes astray .. on the other hand, there are many clear ayas that state how prophets did mistakes. Are we going to follow unclear interpretations while altering the clear messages in the quran? Even going as far as saying that Adam (as) disobeying Allah's order was not a mistake or sin? Ignoring the clear ayas where prophets are said to have wronged themselves? And even without reading the quran it should be clear to us that only Allah is capable of doing no mistakes. Even if making us do humanly mistakes (including our human messengers), is part of Allah's perfect plan.

Salam on you brother

(salam)

(wasalam)

i understand that people interpret the clear aya

[028.016

YUSUFALI: He prayed: "O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul! Do Thou then forgive me!" So (Allah) forgave him: for He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. ]

to suit their claims. The same way they do that with Adam's disobeying Allah's only commandment to him in heaven, and listening to the shaytan, claiming Adam (as) was still infallible.

Also all the other stories of prophets (pbut) asking for forgiveness are ignored by people who seem desperate to make their point. And the clear ayas in the quran stating that prophets did mistakes and wrong their souls are also manipulated, and suddenly the word forgiveness means to hide. .. how can that be? the shaytan is hidden from us .. the truth is in the open. Does saying: please Allah hide me because i wronged my soul .. even make sense?? no! it makes sense to say: please Allah forgive me because i wronged my soul. Does Allah teach us to hide when we wrong our souls and do mistakes? No, Allah teaches us to ask for forgiveness, because He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Allah teaches us to seek REFUGE from the devil, .. that's the closest to hiding we get.

We don't have the right to manipulate the Quran's clear verses to suit illogical claims that any other than Allah (swt) is capably of infallibility/perfection/absoluteness/ etc etc

wasalm

• Veteran Member

Salaam brother Muhammad,

Because a muslim makes istighfaar does not mean that he is sinful,

for if he sinless, a prophet (as) is still required to make istighfaar as

this is best practise and is for his followers to emulate.

If he does not make istighfaar, this is a fault in it's own for he feels himself

too perfect to ask forgiveness (even though there is no real sin on him)

then this is a mark of feeling deserving, whereas prophets (as) and

Imaams (as) are the most humble of all creatures.

Now, if the Prophets (as) sin then how can we follow them in sunnah,

for we will not know which actions is Allah (SWT) pleased with and one

that he is displeased with.

The Holy Qur'aan tells us about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) :

- And you are at an exalted standard of character. (68:4)

- Nor does he speak out of his desire.(53:3)

- You have indeed in the Prophet of Allah an exemplary character. (33:21)

If we start believing that RasulAllah (S) commited sins, mistakes, errors

and misjudgments -then sunnah becomes an area of doubt, then his

trustworthiness comes into question (na’uthubIllah) and next thing you start

doubting him and the transmission of the Holy QUr'aan itself, moreover,

if he (S)committed sin/mistakes and we followed him (S) in that it means

by implication that he (S) would in effect have to carry the sin of every

ummati who practised upon that “sunnah.” (Na’uthubIllah)

Positively Unfathomable!

The Holy Qur'aan tells us:

"Obey Allah and obey his Messenger...."

As for the blind-man incident please read here:

http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter1b/1.html

Let me also say that it is not our view that they were incapable of sins,

the word infallible sometimes gives a wrong connotation, they were not

inerrant, nay, they had the ability to commit sins as all human-beings do

but they did not have any propensity to sin.

Was-Salaam

Edited by JawzofDETH

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(wasalam)

Show me which of our Ulema (fadlullah excluded no offense intended) but any of our major Ulema who are recent and/or alive, Ayatollah Bahjat, or Ayatollah Khomeini, or Ayatollah Sistani or Ayatollah Shirazi or someone of this stature that says that we look at sanad only please.....

Show me which of any of these Ulema of our day rejects this hadith and says we cannot accept it, Allamah Tabataba'i has himself said in tafsir al-Mizan that we should not reject these ahadith

(I edited because I was referring origionally thinking you were talking about another ahadith I posted which I knew to be weak in sanad but that was a different thread)

Fi Aman Allah

Edited by GhulameSayyeda

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Brother Muhamad, I respect your interpretation and your views, I don't think anyone is calling you a kafir or anything, accept my apology on their behalf if that is the case insha'Allah.

Watch this lecture by brother Hassanain Rajabali on the topic of infallibility of the prophets:

I think that will clear all misconceptions people have insha'Allah

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

reason for quoting [ 016.061 
YUSUFALI: If Allah were to punish men for their wrong-doing, He would not leave, on the (earth), a single living creature: ] is to show that all humans including the prophet have committed wrong-doing and depend on Allah's merci to be saved and forgiven.

How did you come to this conclusion. How does men in this ayat mean all-men. Why cant it mean the sinful men and not all.

the verse "Your companion does not err, nor does he go astray; (Quran 53;2)" is a general statement used countless times in the quran, and can even be used for many wise men today, even though they are not perfect like Allah. It does not clearly state that he NEVER goes astray ..

The ayat is very clear to me. If Allah says Prophet (S) does not err, we accept it as it is that he does not err.

Similarly when Allah says Prophet (S) does not go astray we accept it as it is that he does not err.

But when you have already made up your mind that Prophets err and go astray (astaghfarAllah)....you find is confusing.

You have mentioned that this is a general statement used countless times in Quran. Can you give me some examples where Allah has said that such and such person does not err (other than this ayat).

WS

Edited by Orion

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Wa'Salam!

[Yusufali 6:50] Say: "I tell you not that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor do I know what is hidden, nor do I tell you I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me." Say: "can the blind be held equal to the seeing?" Will ye then consider not?

They have no desire to sin, because they have seen the truth, they know what causes a man's ruin and what gives him true benefit.

[Yusufali 12:24] And (with passion) did she desire him, and he would have desired her, but that he saw the evidence of his Lord: thus (did We order) that We might turn away from him (all) evil and shameful deeds: for he was one of Our servants, sincere and purified.

So either the servants of Allah in general are sincere and purified

or

if you say that only Yusuf is since this verse is related to him, which means then Muhammad (pbuh) is not?

Edited by JimJam

• Advanced Member

[Yusufali 6:50] Say: "I tell you not that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor do I know what is hidden, nor do I tell you I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me." Say: "can the blind be held equal to the seeing?" Will ye then consider not?

They have no desire to sin, because they have seen the truth, they know what causes a man's ruin and what gives him true benefit.

[Yusufali 12:24] And (with passion) did she desire him, and he would have desired her, but that he saw the evidence of his Lord: thus (did We order) that We might turn away from him (all) evil and shameful deeds: for he was one of Our servants, sincere and purified.

So either the servants of Allah in general are sincere and purified

or

if you say that only Yusuf is since this verse is related to him, which means then Muhammad (pbuh) is not?

(bismillah)

Very nice post. Another 2 ayats that clearly tell us that Prophets are Infallible. Jazak Allah Khaira.

Imam Khumaini (AR) has explained this in the following words:

"To be convinced of the truth of a thing is different from believing it intellectually because of the existence of some scientific arguments to prove it. The impeccability of the Prophets was due to their firm conviction. A man who is fully convinced of a truth, cannot act contrary to his conviction.

If you were sure that somebody was standing near you with a drawn sword in his hand and that he would kill you if you uttered a single word against him, you would never say anything against him because your first concern was to save your life. In other words, as far as this matter was concerned, you were so to say infallible.

A man who was convinced that if he slandered anybody behind his back, his backbiting would assume the shape of a dreadful animal with a long tongue stretching from the slanderer to the slandered and this animal would be crushing him, he would never indulge in backbiting anybody. If a man was sure that "slandering is the food of the dogs of hell" and the slanderer would be ceaselessly devoured by them, he would never stoop to this vice. We occasionally indulge in backbiting only because we are not fully sure of the consequences of this bad habit".

(Imam Khomeini, Interpretation of Sura al-Hamd from book Light Within Me)

---------------

Let us revise the list of Ayats that confirm that Prophets are the rightly guided, clean, purified, protected, sin-free and error-free:

..... Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying. (Quran 033.033 )

Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived, Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire, It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired (Quran 53:1-4)

The Knower of the unseen! so He does not reveal His secrets to any, Except to him whom He chooses as a messenger; for surely He makes a guard to march before him and after him,So that He may know that they have truly delivered the messages of their Lord, and He encompasses what is with them and He records the number of all things. (72:26-28)

and whomsoever Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.; And whom Allah guides, there is none that can lead him astray; is not Allah Mighty, the Lord of retribution? (39:36-37)

...whomsoever Allah guides, he is the rightly guided one.... (18:17)

Keep us on the right path, the path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors, not (the path) of those inflicted with Thy wrath, nor (of those) gone astray. (1:5-7)

Say: "I tell you not that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor do I know what is hidden, nor do I tell you I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me." Say: "can the blind be held equal to the seeing?" Will ye then consider not? [6:50]

And (with passion) did she desire him, and he would have desired her, but that he saw the evidence of his Lord: thus (did We order) that We might turn away from him (all) evil and shameful deeds: for he was one of Our servants, sincere and purified. [12:24]

These are they on whom Allah bestowed favors, of the prophets of the posterity of Adam, and of those whom We carried with Nuh, and of the posterity of Ibrahim and Israel, and of those whom We guided and chose. When the signs of the Beneficent (God) were recited to them, they fell down prostrating (in obeisance) and weeping. But there followed after them an evil generation, who neglected prayer and followed sensual desires, so they shall soon meet (the result of their) sin. (19:58-59)

WS

Edited by Orion