Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ruqayyah

Monarchy, Islam And The Arab World

Rate this topic

Salam w Alaikum w RahmatAllah w Barakatu

Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan, Morocco, the UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar; At least 7 countries which are either absolute monarchies or hereditary emirate's.

I have never found a provision in the Qur'an, hadith et al which would support this type of political rule but I have listened to Arabs from said countries try and defend their leaders and the way by which their countries are being run.

"Will you place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood?" (2:30)

According to the Qur'an - Allah swt chose his Prophets (Allayhum Salam) as leaders to rule justly over the Ummah; they are to have a system wherein the people are not treated as pawns but as brethren and permitted to worship Allah swt, there would be no oppression of Muslims and justice will be a light which stamps out dark and ruthless power.

When I get into conversation with a select group about this subject they are swift to comment on Allah swt being knowledgeable and the true King etc etc but when I begin my derailing of their so-called 'leaders' I am often hit with a curtain of ignorance, much like a shield.

Of course Allah is All Knowing, of course He is All Knowledgeable - this does not wipe away the sins of these "Kings" and "Queens" who attempt to reign like gods on earth; the oppression of men and women, the unjust replies to political opposition, the subjugation of the poor, the non-Muslim etc.

How can Muslims use verses from the Qur'an wherein Allah swt places our Prophets (Allayhum Salam) as Leaders of the Ummah as means to defend the likes of the Saudi King or the clown of Jordan?

Also, another means of defending this political perversity is to say that Allah swt has allowed this to go on and He is Most Just, thus there must be a "just reason" underlying - one which we may not understand.

I find these contentions fallacious, without merit and contrary to what I have read in my short 21 years of living on this earth.

What Surah's are there which define Leadership in accordance to Allah swt's teachings?

Also, what strong hadith are there to substantiate a position against monarchical rule?

Thank you,

Salam w Alaikum

Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan, Morocco, the UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar; At least 7 countries which are either absolute monarchies or hereditary emirate's.

I have never found a provision in the Qur'an, hadith et al which would support this type of political rule but I have listened to Arabs from said countries try and defend their leaders and the way by which their countries are being run.

"Will you place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood?" (2:30)

According to the Qur'an - Allah swt chose his Prophets (Allayhum Salam) as leaders to rule justly over the Ummah; they are to have a system wherein the people are not treated as pawns but as brethren and permitted to worship Allah swt, there would be no oppression of Muslims and justice will be a light which stamps out dark and ruthless power.

When I get into conversation with a select group about this subject they are swift to comment on Allah swt being knowledgeable and the true King etc etc but when I begin my derailing of their so-called 'leaders' I am often hit with a curtain of ignorance, much like a shield.

Of course Allah is All Knowing, of course He is All Knowledgeable - this does not wipe away the sins of these "Kings" and "Queens" who attempt to reign like gods on earth; the oppression of men and women, the unjust replies to political opposition, the subjugation of the poor, the non-Muslim etc.

How can Muslims use verses from the Qur'an wherein Allah swt places our Prophets (Allayhum Salam) as Leaders of the Ummah as means to defend the likes of the Saudi King or the clown of Jordan?

Also, another means of defending this political perversity is to say that Allah swt has allowed this to go on and He is Most Just, thus there must be a "just reason" underlying - one which we may not understand.

I find these contentions fallacious, without merit and contrary to what I have read in my short 21 years of living on this earth.

What Surah's are there which define Leadership in accordance to Allah swt's teachings?

Also, what strong hadith are there to substantiate a position against monarchical rule?

Thank you,

Salam w Alaikum

(salam)

Many of the kings and presidents of the countries you mentioned are apostate infidels. It is a duty for Muslims in those lands to overthrow them and rule justly according to what Allah has revealed.

Islam is completely against monarchy; and true Islam always has stood against monarchy whether that be the early Umayyad monarchy or today's modern Western backed monarchies in the Middle East.

As for today's modern monarchies (really just Western backed dictatorships) one has to understand that these are nothing but tools of neo-colonialism and imperialism imposed on the Muslim people from the West (who props up these puppet dictators to suit American and Zionist "Israeli" government usurpation and imperialism of Muslim lands and Muslim resources: like most importantly oil). Some good quotes on this issue of Western imperialist support of puppet dictatorships is the following.

http://www.palestineremembered.com/Acre/Palestine-Remembered/Story421.html

Quote- There is no denying of the fact that the Middle East is mostly ruled by autocratic, oppressive, and undemocratic regimes. On the other hand, the majority of these repressive regimes were mostly founded and funded based on Israeli and American wishes. It should be noted that the most popular revolts in the Middle East have been ruthlessly crushed by American puppet regimes (whom the West often refer to by "Moderate regimes") in the area. The regimes in Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the Hashemite Kingdom, Lebanon (before the civil war), Arab Gulf States, Morocco, Iran (prior to the Islamic revolution), Turkey, ... etc., were all funded and directed by the United States of America; the land of the free and the home of the brave. Sadly, many of the so called "moderate regimes" are ten times more accountable to Uncle Sam than to their own public. Ironically, if democracy truly shall serve Israel's national interests in the region, then maybe it should direct its powerful lobby in Washington, AIPAC, to start lobbying on behalf of the oppressed in the Middle East; after all promoting "democracy is the key" to a lasting peace in the Middle East?

It's worth noting that soon after the 1948 war, the undemocratic Arab regimes were the central factor in protecting the newly emerging "Jewish state". And any forms of organized local resistance against Israel, similar to Hizbullah's in southern Lebanon, was ruthlessly dealt with in Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon. Actually, many of Israel's "moderate" Arab neighbors transplanted most Palestinian refugee camps inland away from the Israeli borders, to curb the so called Palestinian "infiltration" [ or return] back to their homes in Israel. The so called "Infiltration Problem", which faced Israel between 1949-1955, had become the most pressing and expensive challenge to face the newly emerging "Jewish state". In other words, it's not the presence, but the absence of democracy that greatly serves the Israeli interests in the region, and based on that the United States has systematically shored up these unpopular regimes against the wishes of the people (i.e. the Hashemite Kings in Jordan, the Saudi Kings in Arabia, Mubarak of Egypt, Saddam Hussein in Iraq prior to the Gulf War, and the Emirates in the Gulf States), and undermined the popularly elected governments (i.e. toppling Musadiq in Iran in the early 1950s, invading Lebanon in the late 1950s, shoring up the Hashemites in Jordan in the late 1950s, and undermining Nasser in Egypt).

end quote.

Another interesting analysis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_European_colonization_wave_%2819th_century%E2%80%9320th_century%29

Quote- Another turning point in the history of the Middle East came when oil was discovered, first in Persia in 1908 and later in Saudi Arabia (in 1938) and the other Persian Gulf states, and also in Libya and Algeria. The Middle East, it turned out, possessed the world's largest easily accessible reserves of crude oil. Although Western oil companies pumped and exported nearly all of the oil to fuel the rapidly expanding automobile industry and other industrial developments, the emirs of the oil states became immensely rich, enabling them to consolidate their hold on power and giving them a stake in preserving Western hegemony over the region.

end quote.

The West and Zionist imperialists always are working to stop any truly popular, democratic Islamic movement from gaining strength in the Middle East, Arab world, or Islamic world in general. That is why the Amerikkkans and Zionist "Israelis" have always tried to stop the freedom fighting Mujahideen from Hezbollah, Hamas, and the nation of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Lastly an interesting book on one of the neo-colonialist/imperialist Amerikkkan government's puppet dictatorships; that of Saudi Arabia.

Hob_hos.jpg

Edited by Basra

Monarchy is a blessed form of government. Read the Quran and stop blindly following your power hungry mullahs. Allaah says in the Quran He appointed Talut عليه السلام as king of Bani Israeel. Dawud and Sulaymaan عليه السلام were also kings and monarchs.

But no where in Quraan does it say Allaah made any mullah or "ayatullaah" as a ruler of the people.

the Saud family is a great family that is serving Islaam and acting as custodians of the Haaramain. May Allaah strengthen them and preserve them ameen.

Edited by Salafiyyah-true-Islaam

Monarchy is a blessed form of government. Read the Quran and stop blindly following your power hungry mullahs. Allaah says in the Quran He appointed Talut عليه السلام as king of Bani Israeel. Dawud and Sulaymaan عليه السلام were also kings and monarchs.

But no where in Quraan does it say Allaah made any mullah or "ayatullaah" as a ruler of the people.

the Saud family is a great family that is serving Islaam and acting as custodians of the Haaramain. May Allaah strengthen them and preserve them ameen.

You accuse me of blindly following "mullah's" yet have not provided any source from the Qur'an which substantiates supporting hereditary/supreme monarchy.

If you believe that the Saud Family is blessed then I can only make Du'a that Allah swt gives you the knowledge to understand the sheer asininity which you are spouting; supporting a politically perverse family headed by a man who does not even adhere to the primary command which was given to our precious Nebi Muhammad (saw.waw) - IQRA!

The Saud "royal" family is lesser than the filth beneath my heels; they subjugate their citizens, support American imperialism and associate themselves with the apartheid state of "Israel"

You dare compare people Allah swt appointed to filthy Kings who help the United States of America massacre other Muslims? This is sheer idiocy - the same idiocy I expected from those who cannot even present a valid premise!

Instead of using this post as a means to bash Shi'a try and use the knowledge you assume you have so much of. Yallah, I'm waiting.

@Basra

Brilliant reply.

"Islam is completely against monarchy; and true Islam always has stood against monarchy whether that be the early Umayyad monarchy or today's modern Western backed monarchies in the Middle East."

Edited by Ruqayyah

Wow what a bunch of garbage your spewing! The Holy Qur'an doesn't call for "monarchy" you clown; it calls for a righteous Islamic government under the Imamate of the Holy Ahl al-Bayt (as). A monarchy is a corrupt dynasty like that of the cursed tree of Bani Umayyah(la); and wretched worldly monarchies like the Bani Umayya(la) and their descendants today are cursed and against Islam.

As for your silly defense of the corrupt, wealth wasting Saudi "royal family" traitors; all I have to say is read Allah(SWT)'s Holy Qur'an:

Holy Qur'an Surah 4:144- يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الْكَافِرِينَ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِنْ دُونِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ۚ أَتُرِيدُونَ أَنْ تَجْعَلُوا لِلَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ سُلْطَانًا مُبِينًا {144}

[Yusufali 4:144] O ye who believe! Take not for friends unbelievers rather than believers: Do ye wish to offer Allah an open proof against yourselves?

Your Saudi "heroes"

Bush+and+Saudi+Prince+Abdullah2.jpg

clinton.fahd.large.jpg

hillary-clinton-in-saudi-arabiajpg-3ecd1c742e6ed676_large.jpg

Wahhabi Saudi monarchs (Western backed puppet dictators) willing to grant their airspace to their buddies the Zionist "Israelis" to attack the Islamic Republic of Iran: 'Saudis to allow airspace for Iran war'

Edited by Basra

Monarchy is a blessed form of government. Read the Quran and stop blindly following your power hungry mullahs. Allaah says in the Quran He appointed Talut Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã as king of Bani Israeel. Dawud and Sulaymaan Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã were also kings and monarchs.

This guy is a part-time jester on this forum. That's what I have come to conclude after reading the gibberish he has been posting for nearly a week. Come to think of it, all Salafis are jesters anyway :lol:

(salam)

Monarchy is a blessed form of government. Read the Quran and stop blindly following your power hungry mullahs.

Where exactly in the Qur'an is monarchy a blessed form of government?

(bismillah)

أَلَّا تَعۡلُواْ عَلَىَّ وَأۡتُونِى مُسۡلِمِينَ (٣١) قَالَتۡ يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلۡمَلَؤُاْ أَفۡتُونِى فِىٓ أَمۡرِى مَا ڪُنتُ قَاطِعَةً أَمۡرًا حَتَّىٰ تَشۡہَدُونِ (٣٢) قَالُواْ نَحۡنُ أُوْلُواْ قُوَّةٍ۬ وَأُوْلُواْ بَأۡسٍ۬ شَدِيدٍ۬ وَٱلۡأَمۡرُ إِلَيۡكِ فَٱنظُرِى مَاذَا تَأۡمُرِينَ (٣٣) قَالَتۡ إِنَّ ٱلۡمُلُوكَ إِذَا دَخَلُواْ قَرۡيَةً أَفۡسَدُوهَا وَجَعَلُوٓاْ أَعِزَّةَ أَهۡلِهَآ أَذِلَّةً۬‌ۖ وَكَذَٲلِكَ يَفۡعَلُونَ (٣٤)

Exalt not yourselves against me, but come unto me as those who surrender. (31) She said: O chieftains! Pronounce for me in my case. I decide no case till ye are present with me. (32) They said: We are lords of might and lords of great prowess, but it is for thee to command; so consider what thou wilt command. (33) She said: Lo! kings, when they enter a township, ruin it and make the honour of its people shame. Thus will they do. (34) (27:31-34)

Your four khulafaa', Abu Bakr, 'Umar, 'Uthman, and 'Ali (as) were not kings. The first king in Islam was Mu'awiya, the governor of Syria, who probably got the idea of kings, palaces and dynasties from the Byzantines in the same region. There are many ayaat about siddiqeen and awliya' (the Imams and the scholars); where in the Qur'an does Allah ask us to establish a royal family? Especially one that is supported by the kufar, both now and in its inception, against other Muslims? Let me ask you, who governed the holy areas of Saudi Arabia before Ahl Saud, and how did Ahl Saud attain this land?

Allaah says in the Quran He appointed Talut عليه السلام as king of Bani Israeel. Dawud and Sulaymaan عليه السلام were also kings and monarchs.

He appointed them, they did not appoint themselves.

Serving those who govern from knowledge is superior to serving those with govern from bloodline.

Edited by Qa'im

Hello again heres my questions and suggestion AGAIN

Why was your KING wearing a cross when visiting the Queen of England in her home, IS HE A CHRISTIAN?

Didnt Abu Hanifa say if you give an egg on easter you are a Kafir...why was your LORD of the Kaaba wearing a cross?

What does that make him?

Is this Shirk Also?

Go clean your mess.

You have lied!

Who will roll up the heavens and Earth then ask WHERE ARE THE KINGS?

Or do you consider these FASIQ on level of Dawood (as) and Sulayman (as) .?

I see... in your sick heart they are the same!

Edited by Mohammed-W

Monarchy is a blessed form of government. Read the Quran and stop blindly following your power hungry mullahs. Allaah says in the Quran He appointed Talut Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã as king of Bani Israeel. Dawud and Sulaymaan Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã were also kings and monarchs.

If you want to be a troll, make it a bit less obvious. Unless you are doing this for the comedy value, and are just trying to make the Wahhabis look even dumber than they are.

and are just trying to make the Wahhabis look even dumber than they are.

A Brief Explanation of Democracy and its Inherent Kufr!

The link above is taken from this site here

Do you have difficulty accepting that they ARE that dumb?

Talut was chosen by Allah because he was the strongest in body and the the most intelligent of his nation. Talut was divinely appointed through the order of Allah conveyed through a prophet, much like Imam Ali (as). Dawud (as) & Sulayman (as) were prophet-kings of Allah, selected by Allah himself, guided by Allah. Where has it been revealed that the fat Saudi kings have been divinely selected to rule? Shame on you for comparing such men like the Saudi kings with noble prophets like Dawud (as) and Suleman (as)

Edited by JimJam

What many of us Muslims forget here is that, we shouldn't just look up to the Quran. We should also use our common sense, whether or not, the Quran mentions briefly about monarchism is out of the question. The reality is, it's wrong for the most obvious reasons. There is no justice involved. Islam is a religion of justice, and monarchy contradicts this theme of justice. It's easy for these wealthy Gulf Arabs to talk, but I'm sure the ones that are exploited under such monarch systems would be fast to close their mouth.

What many of us Muslims forget here is that, we shouldn't just look up to the Quran. We should also use our common sense, whether or not, the Quran mentions briefly about monarchism is out of the question. The reality is, it's wrong for the most obvious reasons. There is no justice involved. Islam is a religion of justice, and monarchy contradicts this theme of justice. It's easy for these wealthy Gulf Arabs to talk, but I'm sure the ones that are exploited under such monarch systems would be fast to close their mouth.

The very definition of monarchism may be antithetical to the concept of justice, but this leads to two fundamental questions:

1. What is the Shia Islamic view of constitutional monarchy? Where the hereditary monarchy don't act as the governing body, because the country is run by democratically elected people and not the reigning monarch.

2. What if a hereditary monarchy does reign power, but their legislation is absolutely islamic and promotes the true meaning of justice? What if the subjects of this type of rule are content with it, such as the people of Dubai? Would this make the monarchism consitution eligible to stay in power and to use this form of governance, considering these circumstances?

The very definition of monarchism may be antithetical to the concept of justice, but this leads to two fundamental questions:

1. What is the Shia Islamic view of constitutional monarchy? Where the hereditary monarchy don't act as the governing body, because the country is run by democratically elected people and not the reigning monarch.

2. What if a hereditary monarchy does reign power, but their legislation is absolutely islamic and promotes the true meaning of justice? What if the subjects of this type of rule are content with it, such as the people of Dubai? Would this make the monarchism consitution eligible to stay in power and to use this form of governance, considering these circumstances?

Can anyone provide an answer, please? Thank you.

As long as the country has a mechanism that prevents unislamic laws being passed, then I don't see the big problem.

I don't think this would be a problem either.

As long as the country has a mechanism that prevents unislamic laws being passed, then I don't see the big problem.

I don't think this would be a problem either.

So, if you think about it, the form of government is irrelevant, it can take whatever shape it wants. It's the legislation that actually matters. Isn't this true?

So, if you think about it, the form of government is irrelevant, it can take whatever shape it wants. It's the legislation that actually matters. Isn't this true?

I think so, yes. Since the ideal form of Islamic government needs Imam Mahdi (as) to be present, so we have some flexibility in the meantime.

So we can come to a conclusion that what matters in Islam is "Rule of Law"? Unfortunately Kings have the legislative, executive and judicial powers. And you can't change them. That's what makes them dangerous. I don't mind legislative and executive being held by one body, but judicial must always be separate from executive. Otherwise there is no rule of law.