Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Salafiyyah-true-Islaam

The Green Dome Is Shirk

Rate this topic

ÈÓã Çááå ÇáÑÍãä ÇáÑÍíã

Salaam to those who follow the guidance.

the Green Dome (Gumbad e Khazra) which is upon the grave of the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã is an idol and a symbol of shirk, than should be removed. I want to start a petition to the Saudi government (may Allaah bless and safeguard it) to remove this despicable blasphemy known as sabz gumbad, inshaa Allaah.

I would also like to appeal to all Muslim brothers to immediately remove any pictures of this green dome from their homes, mosques, schools, shops, etc. This is not an Islaamic symbol, it is a symbol of grave worship and innovation.

Before I present a general outline and history of sabz gumbad, I would like to cite a few ahadeeth which forbid constructing shrines over the graves:

The Messenger of Allaah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã said:

áÇ ÊÌÚáæÇ ÈíæÊßã ÞÈæÑÇ æáÇ ÊÌÚáæÇ ÞÈÑí þ þÚíÏÇ

It means "Do not make my grave a place of festival" (Sunan Abee Dawud)

Úä þ þÌÇÈÑ þ þÞÇá þ

þäåì ÑÓæá Çááå þ þÕáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã þ þÃä þ þíÌÕÕ þ þÇáÞÈÑ æÃä íÞÚÏ Úáíå æÃä þ þíÈäì Úáíå þ

Reported by Jaabir, that the Messenger of Allaah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã forbid that the graves should be plastered over, or anything should be built over them. (Saheeh Muslim)

Abu'l-Hayyaj al-Asadi told that 'Ali (b. Abu Talib) said to him: Should I not send you on the same mission as Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) sent me? Do not leave an image without obliterating it, or a high grave without leveling it. (Saheeh Muslim)

The history of the green dome

The dome over the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) dates back to the seventh century AH. It was built during the reign of Sultan Qalawoon, and at first it was the colour of wood, then it became white, then blue, then green, and it has remained green until the present.

Professor ‘Ali Haafiz (may Allaah preserve him) said:

There was no dome over the sacred chamber. There was in the roof of the mosque above the chamber a waist-high enclosure of brick to distinguish the location of the chamber from the rest of the mosque’s roof.

Sultaan Qalawoon al-Saalihi was the first one to build a dome over the chamber. He did that in 678 AH. It was square at the bottom and octagonal at the top, made of wood, and built on top of the pillars that surrounded the chamber. Planks of wood were nailed to it, over which plates of lead were placed, and the brick enclosure was replaced with one made of wood.

The dome was refurbished at the time of al-Naasir Hasan ibn Muhammad Qalawoon, then the leaden plates slipped, but they were fixed and refurbished at the time of al-Ashraf Sha’baan ibn Husayn ibn Muhammad in 765 AH. It fell into disrepair and was renovated at the time of Sultaan Qayit Bey in 881 AH.

The chamber and dome were burned in the fire that swept through the Prophet’s mosque in 886 AH. During the reign of Sultaan Qayit Bey the dome was rebuilt, in 887 AH, and strong pillars to support it were built in the floor of the mosque, and they were built of bricks to the correct height. After the dome had been built in the manner described above, cracks appeared in its upper part. When it proved impossible to refurbish it, the Sultaan Qayit Bey ordered that the upper part be demolished and rebuilt strongly using white plaster. So it was built solidly in 892 AH.

In 1253 AH, an order was issued by the Ottoman Sultan ‘Abd al-Hameed to paint the dome green. He was the first one to colour it green, and the colour has been renewed whenever necessary until the present.

It became known as the green dome after it was painted green. It was previously known as the white dome or the fragrant dome or the blue dome. End quote.

Fusool min Tareekh al-Madeenah al-Munawwarah by ‘Ali Haafiz (p. 127, 128).

After reading the history of this green dome, we see that is an innovation and a symbol of shirk that was built by the misguided Turks. They were the worst enemies of Islaam who corrupted the true Islaam.

As you can see, this green dome did not exist in the time of the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã, his generation, or the two pious generations which succeeded them. So the best generations of the ancient Muslims did not have this green dome. Rather, it was first constructed in the Seventh Century Hijri.

This is a symbol of shirk and it should be removed insha Allaah. All symbols of shirk and idols should be removed from the Muslim lands, such as pyramids, temples, etc.

Also, another innovation that is common in many mosques is decorating mosques with curtains, chandeliers, putting up flags, calligraphy, pictures of mosques, and especially the worst, pictures of the green dome. All of these are innovations. The Masjid in the time of the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã was beautiful and simple, there were no pictures, calligraphy, domes, flags, chandeliers, decorations, curtains, etc.

All of these things are distractions and making mosques look like temples or churches, astaghfirullaah.

In houses God has permitted to be risen and his named be remembered therein

And make your houses a qibla

...those whom were victorious in the affair said, we will take over them a Masjid.

Destroying houses of Worship now are ya? I rather we start world war 3, then watch you guys destroy Rasool's (pbuh) haram.

O God curse the Saudi Government and help us remove it.

Edited by Gangster

LOL...

this is the most ridiculous topic I have yet to see.....

shall I make a thread saying your car is a form of shirk because you forgot to trust Allah to get you where you needed to go? that is serious shirk dude! You need to rely on Allah more and the devices of men less! lets get our touheed straight! LOL

seriously, people like you are so filled with dark ignorance there is never a point even trying to discuss.... you made your choices before coming into this earth and you are only proving this choice now...

Edited by GhulameSayyeda

LOL...

this is the most ridiculous topic I have yet to see.....

shall I make a thread saying your car is a form of shirk because you forgot to trust Allah to get you where you needed to go? that is serious shirk dude! You need to rely on Allah more and the devices of men less! lets get our touheed straight! LOL

seriously, people like you are so filled with dark ignorance there is never a point even trying to discuss.... you made your choices before coming into this earth and you are only proving this choice now...

INSTEAD HE/THEY HAVE TO USE CAMELS FOR THEIR TRAVEL.....hahahehe

ÈÓã Çááå ÇáÑÍãä ÇáÑÍíã

the Green Dome (Gumbad e Khazra) which is upon the grave of the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã is an idol and a symbol of shirk, ...................................................astaghfirullaah.

Actually you know even posting on Shiachat is shirk, and that is why I have not been posting for a long time. LOL...

LOL...
INSTEAD HE/THEY HAVE TO USE CAMELS FOR THEIR TRAVEL.....hahahehe

Actually you know even posting on Shiachat is shirk, and that is why I have not been posting for a long time. LOL...

(salam)

This is a shame!! I keep seeing members in this thread typing misguided terms and evil innovations like "LOL" and "heheheh" !!

I ask any one of you to present a sahih hadith (by the standards of Bukhari/Muslim) where the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or any sahabi laughed or used expressions like 'lol' during this time. NO! Rather it is an evil innovation and something that will surely take you off the Straight Path of the salaf!

Shame upon you bida-lovers and mushriks

haha perhaps our salafi brothers should add to the sentence of "A`ouzu billahi min ash-Shaytan ar-Rajeem" when they recite Quran and make it:

"A`ouzu billahi min ash-Shaytan ar-Rajeem wa ar-Rafidhiya wa al-Lol wa al-hahahahaha"

(I seek protection of God from the Cursed Shaytan and the rafidha and the Lol's and the "hahahahaha's)

Aaah yes, but this would yet again be an evil innovation and shirk!! :!!!:

Edited by 14infallibles

ÈÓã Çááå ÇáÑÍãä ÇáÑÍíã

the Green Dome (Gumbad e Khazra) which is upon the grave of the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã is an idol and a symbol of shirk, than should be removed. I want to start a petition to the Saudi government (may Allaah bless and safeguard it) to remove this despicable blasphemy known as sabz gumbad, inshaa Allaah.

I would also like to appeal to all Muslim brothers to immediately remove any pictures of this green dome from their homes, mosques, schools, shops, etc. This is not an Islaamic symbol, it is a symbol of grave worship and innovation.

Before I present a general outline and history of sabz gumbad, I would like to cite a few ahadeeth which forbid constructing shrines over the graves:

The Messenger of Allaah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã said:

áÇ ÊÌÚáæÇ ÈíæÊßã ÞÈæÑÇ æáÇ ÊÌÚáæÇ ÞÈÑí þ þÚíÏÇ

It means "Do not make my grave a place of festival" (Sunan Abee Dawud)

Úä þ þÌÇÈÑ þ þÞÇá þ

þäåì ÑÓæá Çááå þ þÕáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã þ þÃä þ þíÌÕÕ þ þÇáÞÈÑ æÃä íÞÚÏ Úáíå æÃä þ þíÈäì Úáíå þ

Reported by Jaabir, that the Messenger of Allaah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã forbid that the graves should be plastered over, or anything should be built over them. (Saheeh Muslim)

Abu'l-Hayyaj al-Asadi told that 'Ali (b. Abu Talib) said to him: Should I not send you on the same mission as Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) sent me? Do not leave an image without obliterating it, or a high grave without leveling it. (Saheeh Muslim)

After reading the history of this green dome, we see that is an innovation and a symbol of shirk that was built by the misguided Turks. They were the worst enemies of Islaam who corrupted the true Islaam.

As you can see, this green dome did not exist in the time of the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã, his generation, or the two pious generations which succeeded them. So the best generations of the ancient Muslims did not have this green dome. Rather, it was first constructed in the Seventh Century Hijri.

This is a symbol of shirk and it should be removed insha Allaah. All symbols of shirk and idols should be removed from the Muslim lands, such as pyramids, temples, etc.

Also, another innovation that is common in many mosques is decorating mosques with curtains, chandeliers, putting up flags, calligraphy, pictures of mosques, and especially the worst, pictures of the green dome. All of these are innovations. The Masjid in the time of the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã was beautiful and simple, there were no pictures, calligraphy, domes, flags, chandeliers, decorations, curtains, etc.

All of these things are distractions and making mosques look like temples or churches, astaghfirullaah.

How about we achieve greater efficiency===> You write to the Saudi government (May Allah curse them) about demolishing the Green Dome, and I write to them about bringing down the tomb of your beloved Imam Bukhari. Sounds good, no?

Imam_al_Bukhari_Uzbekistan.jpg

(salam)

This is a shame!! I keep seeing members in this thread typing misguided terms and evil innovations like "LOL" and "heheheh" !!

I ask any one of you to present a sahih hadith (by the standards of Bukhari/Muslim) where the Prophet (Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã) or any sahabi laughed or used expressions like 'lol' during this time. NO! Rather it is an evil innovation and something that will surely take you off the Straight Path of the salaf!

haha perhaps our salafi brothers should add to the sentence of "A`ouzu billahi min ash-Shaytan ar-Rajeem" when they recite Quran and make it:

"A`ouzu billahi min ash-Shaytan ar-Rajeem wa ar-Rafidhiya wa al-Lol wa al-hahahahaha"

(I seek protection of God from the Cursed Shaytan and the rafidha and the Lol's and the "hahahahaha's)

Aaah yes, but this would yet again be an evil innovation and shirk

Best post EVA!!!

This thread is giving me a stomach ache from the laughs!

(salam)

I ask any one of you to present a sahih hadith (by the standards of Bukhari/Muslim) where the Prophet (Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã) or any sahabi laughed or used expressions like 'lol' during this time. NO! Rather it is an evil innovation and something that will surely take you off the Straight Path of the salaf!

Aaah yes, but this would yet again be an evil innovation and shirk!! :!!!:

LOL! LMSHO (Laugh My Shia Head Off)!

One of the best ever!

How about we achieve greater efficiency===> You write to the Saudi government (May Allah curse them) about demolishing the Green Dome, and I write to them about bringing down the tomb of your beloved Imam Bukhari. Sounds good, no?

Imam_al_Bukhari_Uzbekistan.jpg

So Mr. Salafiyyah, what do you think? You wanna go ahead with the plan? Or did you run away and didn't wanna reply because you got owned?

I want to start a petition to the Saudi government (may Allaah bless and safeguard it) to remove this despicable blasphemy known as sabz gumbad, inshaa Allaah.

The king is a Mushrik himself!!

@1:30

While you are at it, start a petition asking the saudis to remove the iron cage from ibne tamiyah's grave...cuz ITS BIDAT!!

EDIT:

‏نهى رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏أن ‏ ‏يجصص ‏ ‏القبر وأن يقعد عليه وأن ‏ ‏يبنى عليه ‏

Reported by Jaabir, that the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم forbid that the graves should be plastered over, or anything should be built over them. (Saheeh Muslim)

and who wants to level this grave?cmon peoples!!!.... its sunnah

38016656.jpg

Edited by doobybrother

The king is a Mushrik himself!!

@1:30

While you are at it, start a petition asking the saudis to remove the iron cage from ibne tamiyah's grave...cuz ITS BIDAT!!

EDIT:

and who wants to level this grave?cmon peoples!!!.... its sunnah

38016656.jpg

I do :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Hey you know what's even better? Desecrate ibn Taymiyyah's grave just as the Saudi family of royal curses is doing so in Jannat-ul-Baqi.

Lol! to all above.

---

On a serious note:

To the Wahaabi,

Your government will pay dearly for what it has done.

Those Turkish ottomans did a good job when they were in charge,

they put buildings up to honour the for the AhlulBayt (as) and sahaabah (ra),

then you bunch of ignorant in-breads came along. :donno:

To my brothers and sisters, this is how Al-Baqi used to look:

BaqiBefore.jpg

baqi_b4-1925.gif

Edited by JawzofDETH

Sallamun Alaykum

tread carefully or you will become like him.

And if anyone thinks this is fake i assue you i know people personally who have seen it.

ws wr wb

These Wahhabis are sick demons that need to be stopped. As for the original Wahhabi spammer/poster that started this thread; he mostly brings his partisan "hadith" also what he doesn't show is that most hadith like those he quotes simply speak of pictures inside the Masjid and this not being allowed nothing about buildings. Also the really funny thing, that completely refutes anything you brought (mostly your hadith) is the following Ayah from the Holy Qur'an dealing with the People of the Cave.

Holy Qur'an Surah 18:21- æóßóÐóٰáößó ÃóÚúËóÑúäóÇ Úóáóíúåöãú áöíóÚúáóãõæÇ Ãóäøó æóÚúÏó Çááøóåö ÍóÞøñ æóÃóäøó ÇáÓøóÇÚóÉó áóÇ ÑóíúÈó ÝöíåóÇ ÅöÐú íóÊóäóÇÒóÚõæäó Èóíúäóåõãú ÃóãúÑóåõãú ۖ ÝóÞóÇáõæÇ ÇÈúäõæÇ Úóáóíúåöãú ÈõäúíóÇäðÇ ۖ ÑóÈøõåõãú ÃóÚúáóãõ Èöåöãú ۚ ÞóÇáó ÇáøóÐöíäó ÛóáóÈõæÇ Úóáóìٰ ÃóãúÑöåöãú áóäóÊøóÎöÐóäøó Úóáóíúåöãú ãóÓúÌöÏðÇ {21}

[shakir 18:21] And thus did We make (men) to get knowledge of them that they might know that Allah's promise is true and that as for the hour there is no doubt about it. When they disputed among themselves about their affair and said: Erect an edifice over them-- their Lord best knows them. Those who prevailed in their affair said: We will certainly raise a masjid over them.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

When the people of the town found one of the ashab ul kahf in the market who went there to buy food they wanted to know who he was. He told them their story. They went with him to the cave. The man went inside in advance and informed his comrades that the emperor with his scholars is coming to see them. They fell prostrate before Allah and prayed that the sleep might come over them again. So when the royal entourage came in they were asleep. They decided to build a masjid over them. The act of giving recognition to the men of God has been appreciated by the Quran. To build a masjid over the graves of men of God or to treat the place where they are buried as a place of worship of Allah is permissible according to verse 21. On this basis the tawaf of hajr of Ismail, known as hajr al aswad, close to the Ka-bah, is obligatory during the performance of hajj.

According to a few schools of thought in Islam the Holy Prophet issued orders contrary to the implication of this verse. They quote the following traditions:

(i) Allah has cursed the Jews and the Christians for adopting the graves of their prophets as masjids (place of worship). Do not make my grave a place of worship.

(ii) The Christians have chosen the place where their saints are buried as objects of worship. You should not do as they do.

(iii) Do not glorify me as the Christians glorify Isa.

Even if these traditions are authentic, they do not in any way repeal the permissibility of worshipping Allah near or on the grave of a chosen servant of Allah. They only warn the people not to treat the servants of Allah like the Lord to whom they had submitted unconditionally in their lives. The place where a chosen servant of Allah is buried becomes a sacred place which makes the worshipper of Allah remember Allah in a more favourable and spiritual environment than anywhere else. There is no restriction on the devotees of Allah to avoid any blessed place for His worship. In order to save the Muslims from falling into the pit of shirk (polytheism), it has been made obligatory to recite tashahud in every salat. There is no god save Allah and Muhammad is His servant and His messenger, and blessings of Allah be on Muhammad and his Ahl ul Bayt. There is no possibility of adopting any created being as an object of worship, beside Allah, when a Muslim repeats tashahud in every salat, which makes it clear that even the Holy Prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt, inspire of their highest status, are created beings, therefore there is none equal to Him and He alone is the sole object of worship. The Quran gives permission to remember the chosen servants of Allah as sincere worshippers of Allah. To pay homage to them, bowing and prostrating before them, as the angels were commanded to prostrate before Adam (Baqarah: 34) or the family of Yusuf prostrated before him (Yusuf: 100), is not prohibited, because worship (ibadat) depends on intention, and the intention of a true Muslim can never be their worship which is for Allah alone.

The Holy Qur'an contradicts the hadiths this Wahhabi attempted to bring for his silly claims.

Also a good lecture on the general topic of Tawassul and such by Sayyid Ammar Nakshawani in his reply to the Wahhabi evildoers that bombed the Holy Masjids of Imam Ali al-Hadi (as) and Imam Hassan al-Askari (as) in Samarra, Iraq. The two most relevant sections of this lecture, for this specific thread, are parts 6 and the final part 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7bOWtct7Kw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8CgEUNvIg&feature=related

(salam)

^ I love Sayyed Ammar's lectures mashallah they are so beautiful

thank you for posting that video :)

Wassalam

Ammar Nakshawani is the pinnacle of excellence. I have never seen a more flexible and intelligent thinker than him (he's also my favorite cuz he put wahabbis in their places). May Allah bless him.

(wasalam)

the story of Ashaabul Kahf is not a proof that it is okay to build a shrine over the grave of anyone. Firstly, the story as related in the Quraan only mentions that there was a dispute between the people, and those who wanted to build a place of worship over them were stronger and prevailed. This does not mean that Allaah approved of that.

The whole context of the story of Ashaabul Kahf is to relate information of the unseen to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم in order to answer the challenge of a group of Jewish rabbis and scholars. They wanted to know this story in exact detail to ascertain whether Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is a true prophet or not. This is why Allaah mentioned this detail and this dispute which the people had in that time concerning what they should do with the graves of the Ashaabil Kahf. One group wanted to leave them as they were, and just put a marking over them so people know there are graves there and will not tread upon them or disrespect them. Another group wanted to build a place of worship over them.

In any event, using this example as a proof is irrelevant, because what may have been lawful for the past nations does not mean it is allowed in the Shariat of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم. For example, when Allaah created Adam, He ordered all the angels to make sajda towards Adam. However, in our shariat, sajdah is not permissible to anyone but Allaah. Even the tradition of prostrating before a king or emperor, which may have been allowed for previous nations, has been forbidden for the Ummah of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم.

And our shariah is clear, as the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم upon his deathbed cursed the Jews and Christians because they built places of worship over the graves of their prophets.

Edited by Salafiyyah-true-Islaam

And our shariah is clear, as the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم upon his deathbed cursed the Jews and Christians because they built places of worship over the graves of their prophets.

You say he cursed them like that on his deathbed (let's assume that is true), yet he didn't go breaking down their synogoues or churches!

On the contrary, there is a monestary/ library in Sinai that bears the holy Prophet's (pbuh) order that he will not allow anyone to destroy it!

Read:

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/adv/chuo/dy/research/20100513.htm

http://muslimmedianetwork.com/mmn/?p=5776

http://www.travellersinegypt.org/archives/2005/02/the_convent_of_mount_sinai.html

http://mountsinai.wordpress.com/news-out-of-sint-catherine-sinai/

The_Patent_of_Mohammed.jpg

Edited by JawzofDETH

the story of Ashaabul Kahf is not a proof that it is okay to build a shrine over the grave of anyone. Firstly, the story as related in the Quraan only mentions that there was a dispute between the people, and those who wanted to build a place of worship over them were stronger and prevailed. This does not mean that Allaah approved of that.

The whole context of the story of Ashaabul Kahf is to relate information of the unseen to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم in order to answer the challenge of a group of Jewish rabbis and scholars. They wanted to know this story in exact detail to ascertain whether Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is a true prophet or not. This is why Allaah mentioned this detail and this dispute which the people had in that time concerning what they should do with the graves of the Ashaabil Kahf. One group wanted to leave them as they were, and just put a marking over them so people know there are graves there and will not tread upon them or disrespect them. Another group wanted to build a place of worship over them.

In any event, using this example as a proof is irrelevant, because what may have been lawful for the past nations does not mean it is allowed in the Shariat of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم. For example, when Allaah created Adam, He ordered all the angels to make sajda towards Adam. However, in our shariat, sajdah is not permissible to anyone but Allaah. Even the tradition of prostrating before a king or emperor, which may have been allowed for previous nations, has been forbidden for the Ummah of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم.

In the shariah of Muhammad (pbuh) it is obligatory to send salawat upon the aal with the Prophet yet you have recited an incomplete salawat at least 5 times in that post!

Edited by Socrates

In the shariah of Muhammad (pbuh) it is obligatory to send salawat upon the aal with the Prophet yet you have recited an incomplete salawat at least 5 times in that post!

(salam)

Who said it was obligatory?

I know it's a lot better to include the aal, but I never knew it was obligatory... Can you please provide a reference for this?

(salam)

Who said it was obligatory?

I know it's a lot better to include the aal, but I never knew it was obligatory... Can you please provide a reference for this?

42:23

42:23

(salam)

(bismillah)

ذَٰلِكَ الَّذِي يُبَشِّرُ اللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ ۗ قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَنْ يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةً نَزِدْ لَهُ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ شَكُورٌ

That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful. (42:23)

This says to love Ahlul Bayt (عليهم السلام), but where does it say that it is wajib to do salawat on them when mentioning Prophet Muhammad's (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) name? What I mean is, if something's wajib, then this means that not doing this action would give you a sin.

(bismillah)

إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ ۚ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

Surely Allah and His angels bless the Prophet; O you who believe! call for (Divine) blessings on him and salute him with a (becoming) salutation. (33:56)

Wassalam

Edited by 14infallibles

(salam)

(bismillah)

Ðóٰáößó ÇáóøÐöí íõÈóÔöøÑõ Çááóøåõ ÚöÈóÇÏóåõ ÇáóøÐöíäó ÂãóäõæÇ æóÚóãöáõæÇ ÇáÕóøÇáöÍóÇÊö ۗ Þõáú áóÇ ÃóÓúÃóáõßõãú Úóáóíúåö ÃóÌúÑðÇ ÅöáóøÇ ÇáúãóæóÏóøÉó Ýöí ÇáúÞõÑúÈóìٰ ۗ æóãóäú íóÞúÊóÑöÝú ÍóÓóäóÉð äóÒöÏú áóåõ ÝöíåóÇ ÍõÓúäðÇ ۚ Åöäóø Çááóøåó ÛóÝõæÑñ ÔóßõæÑñ

That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful. (42:23)

This says to love Ahlul Bayt (Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã), but where does it say that it is wajib to do salawat on them when mentioning Prophet Muhammad's (Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã) name? What I mean is, if something's wajib, then this means that not doing this action would give you a sin.

(bismillah)

Åöäóø Çááóøåó æóãóáóÇÆößóÊóåõ íõÕóáõøæäó Úóáóì ÇáäóøÈöíöø ۚ íóÇ ÃóíõøåóÇ ÇáóøÐöíäó ÂãóäõæÇ ÕóáõøæÇ Úóáóíúåö æóÓóáöøãõæÇ ÊóÓúáöíãðÇ

Surely Allah and His angels bless the Prophet; O you who believe! call for (Divine) blessings on him and salute him with a (becoming) salutation. (33:56)

Wassalam

When without the love of Ahlul Bayt (as), the belief in the Prophet (pbuh) is not complete, how could the salawat be complete?

The tafseer of verse 56 which you quoted:

Allah sends His blessings (salawat) on the Holy Prophet. The angels invoke Allah to send His blessings on him. The believers are also commanded to invoke Allah to send His blessings on him. The Muslims asked the Holy Prophet: "How are we to seek blessings on you?" He said: "Say: 'O Allah, send blessings on Muhammad and on the al (children) of Muhammad."

Fakh al Din al Razi writes that the Ahl ul Bayt are at par with the Holy Prophet in five things (one of which is) in invoking the blessings of Allah during prayers, after each tashahud which, if not recited, renders the salat null and void. Bukhari writes in his Sahih, page 127, volume 3 (Egypt edition) that the Holy Prophet said: "Say: 'O Allah send blessings on Muhammad and on ali Muhammad (Ah ul Bayt) just as You blessed Ibrahim and ali Ibrahim'."

Ibn Hajar Makki writes in his Sawa-iq al Muhriqah, on page 87, that the Holy Prophet warned the people not to send batar salawat (salawat which has lost the tail i.e. curtailed). When asked what a batar salawat was he replied: "If you stop at 'Allahumma salli ala Muhammad' You should say: 'Allahumma salli ala Muhammad wa ali Muhammad'"

In religious meetings and gatherings it has become a "fashion" to say in melodious accent: SALLALLAHU ALA YKA YA RASULLILLAH WA SALLAM ALA YKA YA HABIBALLAH which in the light of the abovenoted authentic traditions is deviation from the right path shown by Allah in this verse. When Allah Himself sends blessings (salawat) on the Holy Prophet as made clear by him in various traditions, if some one selects words not approved by the Holy Prophet, it can be described as hypocrisy, punishment of which is eternal damnation in the fire of hell.

Ahmad bin Hanbal writes in his Musnad, volume 6 page 323, that the Holy Prophet covered Ali, Fatimah, Hasan and Husayn with a blanket and said: "O Allah these are my Abl ul Bayt so I invoke You to send Your blessings on Muhammad and ali Muhammad."

Muslim has also related this in his Sahih, in part I of "the book of prayers."

Also refer to Mushkil al Athar by Tahawi (volume 1, page 334), Kanz al Ummal by Ali Muttaqi (volume 7, page 103) and Tafsir Durr al Manthur by Jalaluddin al Suyuti in his interpretation of ayah al tat-hir. He has also quoted the well-known verse composed by Al Shafi-i:

"O Ahl ul Bayt of Allah's messenger, your love is a duty made obligatory upon us in the Quran. It is enough among your great privileges that whoever does not invoke Allah's blessings on you, his prayer (salat) is void."

Ibn Hajar also quoted these lines of Shafi-i on page 88 of his Sawa-iq al Muhriqah, in connection with his interpretation of verse 33 of Ahzab.

It is compulsory to recite salawat whenever the name of the Holy Prophet is mentioned.

If a believer really desires fulfilment of his or her supplication, salawat must be recited before and also at the end of the prayer because in that case whatever the prayer contains in the beginning, in the middle, and in the end will be accepted by Allah as the salawat has covered and encircled the whole supplication, and as salawat is always accepted by Allah (because He Himself recites salawat on the Holy Prophet) the entire prayer is accepted by Him.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

The recitation of salawat implies that the believers should not worship the Holy Prophet as a deity. He is the most honoured servant of Allah for whom Allah sends His highest blessings, because he is the first and the foremost in submission and devotion to Allah. The Ahl ul Bayt have been included with him, by his command, because they are also equal to him in submission and devotion to Allah.

You say he cursed them like that on his deathbed (let's assume that is true), yet he didn't go breaking down their synogoues or churches!

On the contrary, there is a monestary/ library in Sinai that bears the holy Prophet's (pbuh) order that he will not allow anyone to destroy it!

Read carefully the hadeeth, the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã cursed the Jews and Christians for building places of worship over the GRAVES of their prophets. He wasn't talking about ordinary churches or synagogues. Duh!

Read carefully the hadeeth, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم cursed the Jews and Christians for building places of worship over the GRAVES of their prophets. He wasn't talking about ordinary churches or synagogues. Duh!

So the bukhari '????????????' need not be levelled to rubble. But Prophets Grave should? Ah OK whatever you say, just dont kill anyone over it eh? ;)

Wait....Or is it Bukharis (I dont know what to call it) stays and shia should be killed? :huh:

WAKE UP!

Edited by Mohammed-W

So the bukhari '????????????' need not be levelled to rubble. But Prophets Grave should? Ah OK whatever you say, just dont kill anyone over it eh? ;)

Wait....Or is it Bukharis (I dont know what to call it) stays and shia should be killed? :huh:

WAKE UP!

Imaam Bukhari's grave is in Uzbekistan, a mostly Sufi country. If we could, we would level his grave as well, but its not in our control.

Imaam Bukhari's grave is in Uzbekistan, a mostly Sufi country. If we could, we would level his grave as well, but its not in our control.

Whos we? You and whos Army? And killing Shia follows with your supposed army right?

Why was your KING wearing a cross when visiting the Queen of England in her home, IS HE A CHRISTIAN?

Didnt Abu Hanifa say if you give an egg on easter you are a Kafir...why was your LORD of the Kaaba wearing a cross? What does that make him?

Is this Shirk Also?

Go clean your mess.

Edited by Mohammed-W

Asalaam Alaykom,

I came across a hadith which spoke of the destruction of Medina before the coming of the Mahdi (atf) and I remembered this thread (for whatever reason) so I googled 'destruction of Medina" and came across this english article....

http://www.razarumi.com/2010/02/10/the-destruction-of-holy-sites-in-mecca-medina-destroying-islamic-heritage/

I recently met with one of the leading political leaders of Medina and took the opportunity to speak to him about the destruction of these holy sites. He told me that the sites were not being demolished, but that torrential rain in Medina was washing away the old buildings! I told him the mosque and tomb of Sayyid Imam al-Uraidhi ibn Ja‘far al-Sadiq, four miles from the Prophet’s Mosque, was destroyed by dynamite and flattened on August 13, 2002.

The Wahhabi religious authorities are, unfortunately, on a fast track. In 1998 the grave of Amina bint Wahb, the Prophet’s mother, was bulldozed in Abwa and gasoline was poured on it. Even though thousands of petitions throughout the Muslim world were sent to Saudi Arabia, nothing stopped this action.'

The House of Khadija was excavated during the Haram extensions, then hurriedly covered over so as to obliterate any trace of it. This was the house where the Prophet received some of his first revelations

The Wahhabis want to destroy the cave where Prophet Muhammad rested during the Battle of Uhud. It has become the subject of debate amongst the Wahhabi scholars, some arguing for its destruction because pilgrims have been coming to this cave in increasing numbers to seek blessings.

A local resident said that the question of what to do about the unsanctioned visits was raised more than six years ago. Anwar Bakri , professor at Tayba University in Madinah , warns against extremist movements that want to destroy all monuments in Madinah . He said that destroying the cave would only increase anger and not solve the problem and will damage the image of Islam. On the other hand Al- Jarbu, a teacher at the Madinah Islamic University where extremist Wahhabi Islam is taught, believes that destroying the site is the only solution. He said that there is no point in placing fences around the site because people will still go over the fence to the cave. “The only solution in my mind is to destroy it because there are some locals who are benefiting from it,” Al-Jarbu said. “'

Within the last 10 years, Muqbil ibn Hadi al-Wadi’i, a student at the University of Medina, wrote a thesis titled “About the Dome Built over the Grave of the Messenger,” sponsored by Sheikh Hammad al-Ansari. In this paper, the student demands that the noble grave be brought out of the Mosque. He says the presence of the holy grave and noble dome are major innovations and that they both need to be destroyed! His thesis received very high marks. Last year, the city planning board of Medina painted the famous green dome of the Prophet’s Holy Mosque silver. After intense protests by the citizens of Medina, the board restored the dome to its original colour.

fi aman Allah

Read carefully the hadeeth, the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã cursed the Jews and Christians for building places of worship over the GRAVES of their prophets. He wasn't talking about ordinary churches or synagogues. Duh!

Bukhari also has hadiths taking about the issue being pictures in the house of worship in Ethiopia. As for your hadith it is contradicted by the Holy Qur'an of Allah(SWT).

Holy Qur'an Surah 18:21-

æóßóÐóٰáößó ÃóÚúËóÑúäóÇ Úóáóíúåöãú áöíóÚúáóãõæÇ Ãóäøó æóÚúÏó Çááøóåö ÍóÞøñ æóÃóäøó ÇáÓøóÇÚóÉó áóÇ ÑóíúÈó ÝöíåóÇ ÅöÐú íóÊóäóÇÒóÚõæäó Èóíúäóåõãú ÃóãúÑóåõãú ۖ ÝóÞóÇáõæÇ ÇÈúäõæÇ Úóáóíúåöãú ÈõäúíóÇäðÇ ۖ ÑóÈøõåõãú ÃóÚúáóãõ Èöåöãú ۚ ÞóÇáó ÇáøóÐöíäó ÛóáóÈõæÇ Úóáóìٰ ÃóãúÑöåöãú áóäóÊøóÎöÐóäøó Úóáóíúåöãú ãóÓúÌöÏðÇ {21}

[shakir 18:21] And thus did We make (men) to get knowledge of them that they might know that Allah's promise is true and that as for the hour there is no doubt about it. When they disputed among themselves about their affair and said: Erect an edifice over them-- their Lord best knows them. Those who prevailed in their affair said: We will certainly raise a masjid over them.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

When the people of the town found one of the ashab ul kahf in the market who went there to buy food they wanted to know who he was. He told them their story. They went with him to the cave. The man went inside in advance and informed his comrades that the emperor with his scholars is coming to see them. They fell prostrate before Allah and prayed that the sleep might come over them again. So when the royal entourage came in they were asleep. They decided to build a masjid over them. The act of giving recognition to the men of God has been appreciated by the Quran. To build a masjid over the graves of men of God or to treat the place where they are buried as a place of worship of Allah is permissible according to verse 21. On this basis the tawaf of hajr of Ismail, known as hajr al aswad, close to the Ka-bah, is obligatory during the performance of hajj.

Thus the Holy Qur'an refutes you Wahhabi.

Bukhari also has hadiths taking about the issue being pictures in the house of worship in Ethiopia. As for your hadith it is contradicted by the Holy Qur'an of Allah(SWT).

Holy Qur'an Surah 18:21-

وَكَذَٰلِكَ أَعْثَرْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ لِيَعْلَمُوا أَنَّ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ وَأَنَّ السَّاعَةَ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهَا إِذْ يَتَنَازَعُونَ بَيْنَهُمْ أَمْرَهُمْ ۖ فَقَالُوا ابْنُوا عَلَيْهِمْ بُنْيَانًا ۖ رَبُّهُمْ أَعْلَمُ بِهِمْ ۚ قَالَ الَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا عَلَىٰ أَمْرِهِمْ لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ مَسْجِدًا {21}

The verse is only narrating what historically happened. Allaah is not approving of what they did. The people who constructed the place of worship over the graves of Ashaabil Kahf were Christians.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

Let me guess... [Edited - Disrespecting scholars]

Whos we? You and whos Army? And killing Shia follows with your supposed army right?

We the people of Hadeeth, the muwahhideen, the people of Tawheed.

Why was your KING wearing a cross when visiting the Queen of England in her home, IS HE A CHRISTIAN?

Why was your mullah president (Ahmadinijed) hugging and kissing Jewish rabbis?

kiss%20me%20baby.jpg

kiss.jpg

Astaghfirullaah...

holoconference_tehran_rabbis.jpg

Khatami+and+Rabbi.jpg

Look at these shameless mullah

Yusufabadsynagogue.jpg

Edited by inshaAllah
Disrespecting scholars. Warning level increased.

The verse is only narrating what historically happened. Allaah is not approving of what they did. The people who constructed the place of worship over the graves of Ashaabil Kahf were Christians.

Let me guess...another illiterate mullah.

We the people of Hadeeth, the muwahhideen, the people of Tawheed.

Why was your mullah president (Ahmadinijed) hugging and kissing Jewish rabbis?

kiss%20me%20baby.jpg

kiss.jpg

Astaghfirullaah...

holoconference_tehran_rabbis.jpg

Khatami+and+Rabbi.jpg

Look at these shameless mullah

Yusufabadsynagogue.jpg

...well they believe that by being nice to people of other faiths and talking to them is a better way of transmitting the message, and that is the way of the Mohammad (pbuh) and his Ahlul Bayt (as).

unlike your kind foaming at the mouth and brandishing a sword to chop of heads....but wait you only do that to people who recite the Kalima-e-shahada.

Secondly these are most likely from the holocaust conference where these rabbis were denouncing the claim of 6 million Jews killed, the claim that Israel uses to hold the entire world hostage.