Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Bintaliraq

A Question For Sall

Rate this topic

I have a question for all let's see how many of you are real MUSLIMS

this is a very easy question I really got pissed when I asked someone these

questions and they answered me wrong I realized how missed up they are

if you have to pick who's the highest to respect and remember and follow his way beside Allah who's the biggest of all!

who would you prefer

Mohammad (SAW)or Ali ibn Abi Talibr?

Jesus or Ali ibn Abi Talib?

Moses or Ali ibn Abi Talib?

if you have to pick who's the highest to respect and remember and follow his way beside Allah who's the biggest of all!

who would you prefer

Actually all the above holy personalities are on Allah's way (so how we can choose that to follow their way "BESIDE Allah").....Strange/Funny Question?

(salam)

(bismillah)

Rasoolillaah (SAWAS) > all

(salam)

GREAT ANSWER!

Actually all the above holy personalities are on Allah's way (so how we can choose that to follow their way "BESIDE Allah").....Strange/Funny Question?

I asked that because I was questioning someone this exact question

their answer was

Nabi mohammad (SAW) over Imam Ali

then they said Imam Ali over the rest..

and I said istar4far Allah how can you put Ali when he's just a Imam over the rest that are Prophets!

they said I was wrong!.. and I believe they are wrong because jesus moses etc etc are prophets not Imams

I have a question for all let's see how many of you are real MUSLIMS

this is a very easy question I really got pissed when I asked someone these

questions and they answered me wrong I realized how missed up they are

who would you prefer

Salams

I personally believe that none of the other esteemed Prophets a.s are above the Holy Messenger P.b.u.H and His Immaculate Progeny a.s.

This has always been a debatable issue in shia culture which is good because honest debates help people learn a lot about religion. However, we should avoid calling each other Kafirs or exxagerators/muqasirs without evidence. Rather discuss the issue in a civil manner because fundamentally all of us follow the same principles of Islam and shia school of thought which makes us shia muslims. There is no harm in having difference of opinion regarding above topic i-e who is higher in status. Both Salman r.a and Abu Zar r.a sometimes disagreed with each other. Both were close companions of the Prophet and Maula Ali a.s

Fi-Amanillah

Rasoolillaah (SAWAS) > all

Shias believe Ahlu Bayt to be the best of the creations, and that Muhammad as.gif is the best among them. There are numerous hadiths to support this believe.

In Hadith Kisa, God says that he would not have created anything but for the five under the Kisa i.e. Muhammad, Ali, Fatima, Hasan, and Hussain - as.gif.

Edited by akamp

and I believe they are wrong because jesus moses etc etc are prophets not Imams

^ It's an assumption that many people make. You need to justify you belief.

Are not the responsibilities of Imam Ali [a] or Imam Mahdi [a] more important than the responsibilities of many of the minor prophets [a]? Why would Allah choose a lesser person for a greater task?

salam

i love all of them..and wouldnt like to put 1 over the other

but sure RasoulAllah is big part of my heart, alhamdulillah

just to say sth bro.. its not correct that an Imam (as) is lower than all the Prophets (as)

as i know there r 5 prophets who r the highest..i think they were Mohammad (saww), Mosa (as), 3esa (jesus, as), Ibrahim (as) and i forgot who was the last

anyways after these 5 highest prophets (as) are coming the 12 Imams (as) and after these 12 Imams r comeing all other prophets (and they r alot)

i hope u got what i mean..

cos not all prophets r higher than Imam..

even if u say "just" imam.. but its not that easy as u said bro

take care, salam

(salam)

Messengers see and hear the angel while awake and sleep

Prophets see and hear the angel while asleep and only hear while awake

Al muhaditha (spelling if wrong correct me) only hear the angel in both awake and sleep

This places the messenger's higher then the prophet's and the prophets higher then the imams

All are important but clearly Prophets and messengers have a higher rank.

Duty's and achievements are not to do with the rank per say as example Imam al mahdi (as) has a high achievement and duty to do and position but yet in rank he is not a messenger or a prophet. such things as what one has or will do, don't measure the rank (as in it will not make them higher then a messenger or prophet just because that have a different duty and achievement to fulfill) that they are but rather is just is what Allah has giving them to do or allowed.

All Messenger's (as) are Important

All prophet's (as) Are important

And All Imams (as) are Important

(wasalam)

Edited by AlMuttaqi

Salam

obviously it can be none other than Rasoolillaah (SAWAS), even His enemies agree on this point. but i think it's a sad day that you even need to ask this question. And even though most people will say that it's our Holy Prophet, i'm sure this is just their heads sayin this, i very much doubt their hearts are in it (not necessarily the people who posted above)

it's like if you spend the whole year learning about natural history, and then come the exam, you start talking about creationism rather than evolution. the teacher would look at your paper and say- 'put the crack pipe down for a second!' (in the west anyway)

it is that same with this, everyone will say prophet Muhammad(sawas) but shiachat has already conducted a pole with regards to this question, go to 'Prophets and Ahlulbayt Forum', look at the two top threads, the sayings of The Holy Prophet (pbuh) and the sayings of Imam Ali (as), see who got more posts and by how many- question answered.

I think AlMuttaqi said it best

All Messenger's are Important

All prophet's Are important

And All Imams are Important

we should probs just leave it at that

and I said istar4far Allah how can you put Ali when he's just a Imam over the rest that are Prophets!

they said I was wrong!.. and I believe they are wrong because jesus moses etc etc are prophets not Imams

people do have a point, in that the Imams(as) are the successors of the Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) and as such are Imams over the whole world as He was a messenger sent to all mankind, although i do get your point

Edited by ShahHussain

(salam)

What about the hadith where Jesus(as) will pray behind Imam Al Mahdi(ajt)? Does this hadith established superiority of Imam Al Mahdi(ajt) over Prophet Jesus(a)?

I don't know if it is that simple because Imam Mahdi(ajt) first asks Nabi Isa(as) to lead the prayers. It could be argued that this shows that Nabi Isa(as) is greater in stature.

In any case, I don't think we should worry too much about it. I don't see what difference it makes to our faith, whoever is in fact greater in the eyes of Allah(swt). The most important thing is that we love and respect all of our beloved Prophets and Imams, and make sure we remember them all.

(salam)

What about the hadith where Jesus(as) will pray behind Imam Al Mahdi(ajt)? Does this hadith established superiority of Imam Al Mahdi(ajt) over Prophet Jesus(a)?

salam

i dont think so sis..

cos i think even (i think it was..) prophet Mohammad (saww) who told Ali (as) to stand infront and lead the prayers.. (im not sure if these 2 person were it but its just an example..i forgot who it was , but 2 persons where 1 was much higher than the other..)

so it dont mean that this person who lead the prayer is higher than the other..

salam

(salam)

Messengers see and hear the angel while awake and sleep

Prophets see and hear the angel while asleep and only hear while awake

Al muhaditha (spelling if wrong correct me) only hear the angel in both awake and sleep

This places the messenger's higher then the prophet's and the prophets higher then the imams

All are important but clearly Prophets and messengers have a higher rank.

Duty's and achievements are not to do with the rank per say as example Imam al mahdi (as) has a high achievement and duty to do and position but yet in rank he is not a messenger or a prophet. such things as what one has or will do, don't measure the rank (as in it will not make them higher then a messenger or prophet just because that have a different duty and achievement to fulfill) that they are but rather is just is what Allah has giving them to do or allowed.

All Messenger's (as) are Important

All prophet's (as) Are important

And All Imams (as) are Important

(wasalam)

So for you the Imams are lower ranking than all prophets because of those narrations which say an imam can't see the the angel but the prophet can in his sleep? The rank and greatness of a person is is determined by their piety not by whether or not they can see an angel. There are non humans who can also see angels and their rank is lower than that of the humans.

There are too many proofs to show that the imams were at the very least higher in rank than many of the prophets.

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: "He who wants to see Noah (as) in his determination, Adam (as) in his knowledge, Abraham (as) in his clemency, Moses (as) in his intelligence and Jesus (as) in his religious devotion should look at Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as)."

Sunni references:

Sahih al-Bayhaqi

Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, as quoted in

Sharh Ibn Abil Hadid, v2, p449

Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhruddin al-Razi, under the commentary of the Verse of Imprecation (Mubahilah), v2 p288. He wrote this tradition has been accepted as all genuine.

Ibn Batah has recorded it as a tradition related by Ibn Abbas as is stated in the book "Fat'h al-Mulk al-Ali bi Sihah Hadith-e-Bab-e-Madinat al-Ilm", p34, by Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Siddeeq al-Hasani al-Maghribi.

Imam Ali [a] is the father of the youth of paradise and in paradise everyone will be in their youth. We have narrations which say that he was higher in rank then his sons. He was the husband of the best of all women and Imam Jaffar al-Saqid [a] says that if imam Ali [a] wasn't alive then no one could marry Lady Fatimah [a]. He is the self of the prophet , he was amongst those who were under the cloak. I can't understand how you managed to reach a definite conclusion that the imams are lower in rank than all 124,000 prophets. Read this: http://www.answering-ansar.org/answers/imamate/en/chap8.php Btw what does your "mujtahid" say about this subject, it would be interesting to know?

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Ayatullah Muhammad Saeed Al-hakeem:

Q [4] Are the Imams (as) of Ahlulbait superior than prophets (as) of Allah?

There were several texts indicate that the prophets (peace be upon them) were interceding to Almighty Allah by the five infallibles (The prophet, Imams Ali, hassan, Hussain and Fatima the daughter of the prophet). Other texts indicate that their glories were preceded the creations in glorifying the almighty. This is an indication to there superiority over the rest of the creations.

Q [8] Many people in our society have a Faith that Imam Ali (Peace be upon him) is superior then Prophet Muhammad (Peace upon him & His Family) So what is the truth?

The said accusation is a big fabrication and can not be accepted. There is no doubt in the narrations of the Ahlulbait that the prophet (peace be upon him) is better than all mankind and the superiority of the Ahlulbait is based on their relation to him and being the closest ever to him in their action and lifestyle. It is enough to refer to this narration that Alkulaini reported to clear this fallacy:

“A man asked Imam Ali (Peace be upon him): when your lord existed? Imam replied: "when he was absent so one could ask: when he existed". The man then asked the Imam: O Prince of devotees, are you a prophet? Imam replied by saying: "Woe to you, I am only one of Mohamed’s slaves".

http://english.alhakeem.com/pages/quesans/listgroup.php?AllGroup

Edited by Muhammed Ali