Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
MumtazAli2010

Is Shia The Right Way

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum to everyone,

I was brought up a shia musilm. but am now a little confused as to whether it is indeed the correct path. there are so many things that i don't get starting with the ahlulbayt. why is it that shias put them on such a pedestal, the same as the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh). when I was growing up and went to madrasah all I heard was about the Imams and not as much about Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).

Any why do shias fast on a differnt day and have eid on a different day even when the moon sighted is the same by all over the world.

what about mutas temporary marriages?

and what about some shia scholars saying that the Quran is distorted?

why do shias do matam i mean isnt beating yourself haram and even they do it with chains and knives and stuff.

and also it is said that the dajjal the antichrist will emerge from Isfahan which is actually a city in iran. And how come its what Imam Ali (as) does, not what the Propet Muhammed (pbuh) did. How come shias dont pray sunnat or taraweeh (ramadhan prayers)

If someone could help me on this I would really appreciate it,

Thanks

We could answer your questions, give you facts and reasons. But I dont feel you will get anything out of the answers alone. The best thing for you to do is understand and the only way you will do that is by doing your research, reading books and listening to lectures...

Good place to start, the website contains alot of books,

http://www.al-islam.org/alpha.php

http://www.al-islam.org/murajaat/index.htm

also listen to ammar nakshawani, his lectures are very good.

(bismillah)

These are all quotes from you.....

How can you say that Shiite islam constantly changes? It should stay the same. That means you are distorting everything in Islam. Islam should stay the same that means you are just creting your own ideas to suit yourself. that is ridiculous. you've just likened [Edited Out]e islam to the western world. I think that is propestorous.

I will answer this by saying please do not use foul language concerning the religion I hold dear to my heart. however, it is not ridiculous to say that as times change then rulings can be progressive as times do move forward.... questions that had no effect 1400 years ago, organ transplant, air travel, what direction to pray from outerspace, IVF, things like this, religious rulings to have a tendency to keep up, unless we all want to live in the dark ages as the rest of the world deals with technological issues

I think Sunni Muslims are very dedicated to the love of the Prophet. Infact they live their whole life by the sunnat of the Prophet. Even though some of them don't know the names of the 12 imams and should do, they do so many prayers and duas during ramadhan. When I was at the mosque (shia mosque) as soon as it was time to break their fast everybody hurriedly said theyr prayers and quickly sat down to eat and after they didnt even do any extra prayers So don't try and say that sunnis don't feel the same way becasue you wouldn't even know.

I have been to a sunni masjid also..... your not fooling me that they are any more pious, there are always good and bad eggs in every bunch

That is riducolus for you to quote that a woman should beautify herself with jewelry for salt. You are praying to Allah (SWT) not going to a party. You are supposed to be totally covered up so where are you supposed to put the jewelry. what ridiculousness is this.

they were discussing our Holy Narrations, it is something we learn from.....

so all I have to say is in light of the fact that it seems you have already made up you mind, I wish you all the best.... if you are ever wishing to learn more about our religion however, rather than come and tell us how wrong we are and right sunnis might be in your eyes, then come back and im sure we can discuss with much akhlaq.... until then, to you be your religion to me be mine

religion really is not a game

Edited by GhulameSayyeda

I was brought up a shia musilm. but am now a little confused as to whether it is indeed the correct path. there are so many things that i don't get starting with the ahlulbayt. why is it that shias put them on such a pedestal, the same as the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh). when I was growing up and went to madrasah all I heard was about the Imams and not as much about Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).

Any why do shias fast on a differnt day and have eid on a different day even when the moon sighted is the same by all over the world.

why do shias do matam i mean isnt beating yourself haram and even they do it with chains and knives and stuff.

and also it is said that the dajjal the antichrist will emerge from Isfahan which is actually a city in iran. And how come its what Imam Ali (as) does, not what the Propet Muhammed (pbuh) did. How come shias dont pray sunnat or taraweeh (ramadhan prayers)

Thanks

I second you researching, you will find answers that truly please you then. I will have a brief answer to your questions, delve into you research:

1. It is seen in Shia circles that emphasis is given on the Imams, and more should be done to iterate Rasool's life. However, remember that the Imams are a direct representation of Rasool himself, though I agree with your point on that we sometimes talk too much on Imams, for whatever reason (more reason for you to do research on his (pbuh) life!). It would seem like that to a Sunni anyway, as they can't talk much about anyone other than him (pbuh).

2. Moon sighting isn't the same all over the world. Read the science. Shias do not follow only Iran's moon as Sunnis follow Saudi, every country sees its own moon. Shias more often than not celebrate eid or fasting days on the same day, unless there is a wide location gap, causing moon sighting to be different. E.g. moon apparel in Pakistan but not yet in UK.

3. What about muta? æóÇáúãõÍúÕóäóÇÊõ ãöäó ÇáäöøÓóÇÁö ÅöáóøÇ ãóÇ ãóáóßóÊú ÃóíúãóÇäõßõãú ۖ ßöÊóÇÈó Çááóøåö Úóáóíúßõãú ۚ æóÃõÍöáóø áóßõãú ãóÇ æóÑóÇÁó Ðóٰáößõãú Ãóäú ÊóÈúÊóÛõæÇ ÈöÃóãúæóÇáößõãú ãõÍúÕöäöíäó ÛóíúÑó ãõÓóÇÝöÍöíäó ۚ ÝóãóÇ ÇÓúÊóãúÊóÚúÊõãú Èöåö ãöäúåõäóø ÝóÂÊõæåõäóø ÃõÌõæÑóåõäóø ÝóÑöíÖóÉð ۚ æóáóÇ ÌõäóÇÍó Úóáóíúßõãú ÝöíãóÇ ÊóÑóÇÖóíúÊõãú Èöåö ãöäú ÈóÚúÏö ÇáúÝóÑöíÖóÉö ۚ Åöäóø Çááóøåó ßóÇäó ÚóáöíãðÇ ÍóßöíãðÇ {24}

[shakir 4:24] And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

Famastamta-tum bihi provides for a temporary marriage, known as muta. It has been specifically made lawful by the Quran and the Holy Prophet, therefore, this provision subsists as unrescinded.

One day, for no reason at all, and having no authority to amend a law given and practised by the Holy Prophet, the second caliph declared from the pulpit:

"Two mutas (temporary marriage and combining hajj with umra) were in force during the time of the Holy Prophet, but now I decree both of them as unlawful; and I will punish those who practise them."

(Tafsir Kabir, Durr al-Manthur, Kashshaf, Mustadrak and others).

According to Tirmidhi even his son, Ibn Umar, refused to agree with his father's action because it was made lawful by Allah and His Prophet, whose pronouncements could never be revoked by any one after him.

Therefore the Shia school of thought (Islam-original) holds both the mutas lawful. Ali ibn abi Talib reversed the uncalled-for innovation of the second caliph, and thereafter it was never again prohibited.

4.Qur'an is not distorted, Allah swt has promised its protection. The group that claim this are Akhbaris. Moreover, even if it was, what is the point of this discussion? The Qur'an we have today is the one that Allah swt has given us.

5. Matam is Sunnah of the Imams and the Prophet. Matam that causes physical harm is debatable.

6. The Dajjal hadith is firstly daeef, and they are many other ones, some saying India, more prominent ones saying Israel. Even then, when he comes he will be clearly distinguishable and everyone would see kafir written on his forehead.

7. Imam Ali (as) was the successor of Prophet (pbuh), he or any of the Imams never did anything from their own will, it was all an inspiration from God and thus Sunnah of Rasool.

8.Shias pray nafilah prayers, Sunnis call them "Sunnat". Its the same thing.

9. Tarawih is a bid'ah that Umar implemented.

(bismillah)

Shia believe that Rasool Allah (pbuh) has the higher staus than the Imams.

Its not a shia sunni issue. In my country Sunnis celebrate eid on different days.

Eid is dependent on moon sighting.

At times Moon is visible on different days in different countries. Its to do with astronomical science.

So its normal to have eids on different days in different countries.

Also people have different criteria for moon sighting. So when no one sees the moon except a few some take it as a true witness and celebrate eid. while others reject the witnesses and decide not to.

Muta was practiced by Sahaba (ra). This is written in Sunni books like Bukhari and Muslim. Than second khalifa banned it.

Both sunni and shia books have hadith that say some ayats are missing. But we reject these hadith and sbelieve that quran in complete and preserved.

Matam is a natural expression of grief widely seen in many cultures.

Mtam with knives is a controversial issue and has been prohibited by several shia scholars.

and also it is said that the dajjal the antichrist will emerge from Isfahan which is actually a city in iran.

I think its a anti-Shia propaganda. Please provide hadith.

Actually there are hadith from prophet (pbuh) that Iranians will stay on the true religion.

And how come its what Imam Ali as.gif does, not what the Propet Muhammed pbuh.gif did.

Imam Ali (as) followed Prophet (S).

How come shias dont pray sunnat or taraweeh (ramadhan prayers)

Tarawih is not a Sunnat. It was not practiced during the time of Rasool Allah (S) or Abu Bakr. Its an innovation started by Umar.

WS

Edited by Orion

Salam

You should try reading books like Peshawar Nights or Al Muraja'at or for a quick read,try Then I was guided. I'm sure that these books will at least convince you that shi'a islam is not a deviant form of the faith. That's not to say there aren't some nutters, but that doesn't mean you have to join in.

May Allah guide you in your search

Salam Ailakumn,

I apologise to everyone who was offended by what I said I didn't mean to be rude, I was trying to find out some answers to questions that I had. I still believe Muta is wrong and it is just an excuse for people to go out with each other.

I do thank you for taking the time to answer questions and wasn't tryong to have a go at shias because I myself have been brought up this way and have been taught the way of the Ahlulbayt. I do appreciate your answers and it is have given me somethings to think about.

(bismillah)

These are all quotes from you.....

I will answer this by saying please do not use foul language concerning the religion I hold dear to my heart. however, it is not ridiculous to say that as times change then rulings can be progressive as times do move forward.... questions that had no effect 1400 years ago, organ transplant, air travel, what direction to pray from outerspace, IVF, things like this, religious rulings to have a tendency to keep up, unless we all want to live in the dark ages as the rest of the world deals with technological issues

I have been to a sunni masjid also..... your not fooling me that they are any more pious, there are always good and bad eggs in every bunch

they were discussing our Holy Narrations, it is something we learn from.....

so all I have to say is in light of the fact that it seems you have already made up you mind, I wish you all the best.... if you are ever wishing to learn more about our religion however, rather than come and tell us how wrong we are and right sunnis might be in your eyes, then come back and im sure we can discuss with much akhlaq.... until then, to you be your religion to me be mine

religion really is not a game

First of all i did not use foul language i mispelt shiite and they edited it out. I wuld never swear or use that kind of language regarding islam. and second of all i know religion is not a game. Rather Islam is not a religion, it is not even in the same league as the other 'religions'. Islam is a way of life and I want to live my life in the best islamic way possible.

Shia faith is growing in the whole world because they do research to find the truth. Only born Shias have problem because they take it for granted and do not research to find the truth. I am born Shia but my grand parents were not. They were Shias by choice. I am born in Shia family but i am Shia by Choice. As my little research continues my faith about Shia islam becomes more and more strong and more and more gates of knowledge and light open for me. May Allah guide us all.

Jazak Allah.

also listen to ammar nakshawani, his lectures are very good.

he is good, but you should try Hassanain Rajabali, alot of his lectures are on youtube, he speaks very highly of the Holy Prophet and mentions him often

you might want to start with his lecture 'who are the Shia'

Alos in your research, you should look at the great figure that have emerged out of the faith in modern time, Imam Khomeini, Ayatollah Muhammad Baqir al Sadr, Imam Musa as Sadr, Seyed Hassan Nasrallah

Edited by ShahHussain

All your questions are answered variously and with complete detail...dont be lazy [Edited Out] and put all your questions in one place to get the ease of it all

SC is a vast place with hundreds of thousands of posts and topics...

SEARCH your way through it to be satisfied.....

in a nutshell

Do it yourself or join a university....

I'm a Shia and I think Muta is very very wrong! this was practice ages ago

beause the man that went to war traveled on camels and feets so it was okay they had to have a type of motivation or someone thats there

and didnt want to commit to long time marriage when they are leaving their wives for many years....

now everyone has cars planes and everything provided and everyone able to see each other with no problems

I think some female families wouldnt agree to let their daughters to do this

but someone else's daughter that their son like its okay thats very WRONG!

its like taking the well of a girl why would they allow such thing when everything provided

and mirrages are easy and easy to travel and stay communicated...

I'm a Shia and I think Muta is very very wrong! this was practice ages ago

beause the man that went to war traveled on camels and feets so it was okay they had to have a type of motivation or someone thats there

and didnt want to commit to long time marriage when they are leaving their wives for many years....

now everyone has cars planes and everything provided and everyone able to see each other with no problems

I think some female families wouldnt agree to let their daughters to do this

but someone else's daughter that their son like its okay thats very WRONG!

its like taking the well of a girl why would they allow such thing when everything provided

and mirrages are easy and easy to travel and stay communicated...

Salam

first of all sister, clam down. i can tell by your words that you're getting a bit worked up. if what you mean is that when muta is abused by already married men who can't control their desires or satisfy them with their wife, then i'm inclined to agree with you. Many aspect of faith are abused-zakat, salah,hajj,majilis,juma khutba etc,it doesn't mean they are bad things

second, whilst i don't wish to come across like some kind of muta loving woman addict, i must say, that after some research i am firmly of the opinion that muta is a blessing on the umma of Muhammad (pbuh&hf) in the same way the the joining of salah is, it is there to makes people's lives easier. Chastity and virginity are two different things, one must not be a virgin to be chaste, so a woman entering into a temporary marriage should not be looked down, epecially as it has been ok'd by Allah, His Holy Prophet, and the 12 Imam's(as)

Muta is in place for woman's welfare, it is 100% in the hands of the woman who decides everything,

-she recites the wording, it is the man who must accept

-she determines the period of muta

-she determines the conditions- for example NO SEXUAL RELATIONS

It was a practice that was uselfull a thousand years ago, and is usefull today, some of the reasons are the same, some have changed.

1-it may give a young couple a chance to know each other before commiting to each other in a permanant marriage

2-i don't know what country you are in, but for those from the west, i'm sure every one knows or knows of young muslims being in a boy friend/girl friend sittuation.-Muta gives those people the chace to have honest relations.

3-Still today, a man may be away from his family for long periods of time (he may live far away and have to send money home year after year) masurbation is haram, so for that man, muta is a way to legally satisfy the urges that are naturally in us

4-a woman may need to satisfy her sexual desires

5-a widow may need to satisfy her desires, but does not want a permanant husband for the sake of her familly for example (same applies to man)

6-a woman who is affraid to travel alone, can make a man mahram for the sake of the journey (sexual relations may be ommited from the contract)

the point is their are many reasons why it is necessary, and is a proof that from its inseption, until today, the religion that Allah(swt) sent our blessed prophet Muhammad(pbuh&hf) to teach humanity is 100% holistic religion that deals with every aspect of man's life- even the part that culturally we are not allowed to talk about.

to conclude- i am not one of these muta-loving sex addicts, and cultural ways should be kept as far away from religion as possible

Inshallah i made some sense, all the best ws

ps if woman didn't demand so much wealth before getting married we might enter into marriage at a younger age

Edited by ShahHussain

I don't think whoever wrote that is getting worked up I think they have a point to prove. I think Muta is totally wrong, the concept behind it is shocking. To me its just an excuse for single people to sleep around and think that its permissible and for married men to commit adultery and it be justified. If you have desires like wanting to sleep with poeple well a you'll either have to get married ort b just learn to live with being single. you cant sleep around. your being like the western world and by adding a few arabic words you think its fine. If you don;t want the long term commitment of marriage then its tough you cant just make up some muta to suit you cause you don't want long term commitment. I totally agree with the person muta is so wrong and if you think that it is allowed then I am completely shocked.

and if you want to sleep around why don't you just do it instead of trying to palm it off as muta and defending it because honestly all you are doing is insulting the word of Allah (SWT) and the sunnat of the Prophet.

I don't think whoever wrote that is getting worked up I think they have a point to prove. I think Muta is totally wrong, the concept behind it is shocking. To me its just an excuse for single people to sleep around and think that its permissible and for married men to commit adultery and it be justified. If you have desires like wanting to sleep with poeple well a you'll either have to get married ort b just learn to live with being single. you cant sleep around. your being like the western world and by adding a few arabic words you think its fine. If you don;t want the long term commitment of marriage then its tough you cant just make up some muta to suit you cause you don't want long term commitment. I totally agree with the person muta is so wrong and if you think that it is allowed then I am completely shocked.

and if you want to sleep around why don't you just do it instead of trying to palm it off as muta and defending it because honestly all you are doing is insulting the word of Allah (SWT) and the sunnat of the Prophet.

Humm you know the people who buried their daughters alive did it because they thought it was a perfectly moral and upright thing to do since it was the norm in their society, they were also shocked when someone called it wrong.

Who are you to deny that which Allah through his messenger (pbuh) have announced as permissible? The Imams also declared it to be permissible

This is from Sahih Muslim

Book 8, Number 3246:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah and Salama b. al-Akwa' said: There came to us the proclaimer of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) has granted you permission to benefit yourselves, i.e. to contract temporary marriage with women.

Book 8, Number 3247:

Salama b. al.Akwa' and Jabir b. Abdullah reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to us and permitted us to contract temporary marriage.

Book 8, Number 3248:

Ibn Uraij reported: 'Ati' reported that jibir b. Abdullah came to perform 'Umra, and we came to his abode, and the people asked him about different things, and then they made a mention of temporary marriage, whereupon he said: Yes, we had been benefiting ourselves by this temporary marriage during the lifetime of theHoly Prophet (may peace be upon him) and during the tinie of Abi! Bakr and 'Umar.

Book 8, Number 3249:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: We contracted temporary marriage giving a handful of (tales or flour as a dower during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and durnig the time of Abu Bakr until 'Umar forbade it in the case of 'Amr b. Huraith.

Book 8, Number 3250:

Abu Nadra reported: While I was in the company of Jabir b. Abdullah, a person came to him and said that Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut'as (Tamattu' of Hajj 1846 and Tamattu' with women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

Then you have Sunni hadith claiming that the prophet (pbuh) forbade muta during his own lifetime, but its clear that among the companions were those who continued to perform muta until umar banned it. The Imams also taught that mutah was not forbidden. For us the hujjat are the Imams, not some common ulema or the social trends in the society we happen to live in.

Your preconceived social notions may be one thing, and the law of God is not subservient to your preconceived social notions

Edited by JimJam

Humm you know the people who buried their daughters alive did it because they thought it was a perfectly moral and upright thing to do since it was the norm in their society, they were also shocked when someone called it wrong.

Who are you to deny that which Allah through his messenger (pbuh) have announced as permissible? The Imams also declared it to be permissible

This is from Sahih Muslim

Book 8, Number 3246:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah and Salama b. al-Akwa' said: There came to us the proclaimer of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) has granted you permission to benefit yourselves, i.e. to contract temporary marriage with women.

Book 8, Number 3247:

Salama b. al.Akwa' and Jabir b. Abdullah reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to us and permitted us to contract temporary marriage.

Book 8, Number 3248:

Ibn Uraij reported: 'Ati' reported that jibir b. Abdullah came to perform 'Umra, and we came to his abode, and the people asked him about different things, and then they made a mention of temporary marriage, whereupon he said: Yes, we had been benefiting ourselves by this temporary marriage during the lifetime of theHoly Prophet (may peace be upon him) and during the tinie of Abi! Bakr and 'Umar.

Book 8, Number 3249:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: We contracted temporary marriage giving a handful of (tales or flour as a dower during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and durnig the time of Abu Bakr until 'Umar forbade it in the case of 'Amr b. Huraith.

Book 8, Number 3250:

Abu Nadra reported: While I was in the company of Jabir b. Abdullah, a person came to him and said that Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut'as (Tamattu' of Hajj 1846 and Tamattu' with women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

Then you have Sunni hadith claiming that the prophet (pbuh) forbade muta during his own lifetime, but its clear that among the companions were those who continued to perform muta until umar banned it. The Imams also taught that mutah was not forbidden. For us the hujjat are the Imams, not some common ulema or the social trends in the society we happen to live in.

Your preconceived social notions may be one thing, and the law of God is not subservient to your preconceived social notions

= if you agree with muta then do it thats up to you. there were alot of things that were around and then probably banned. Are you trying to tell me that Muta is permissible today, that it is allowed?(!) Whatever

What people do is read the Quran and interpret it to suit them. Anybody in their right mind would know buring their daugthers alive is dreadful so how you can compare that to muta is ridiculous.

Edited by MumtazAli2010

= if you agree with muta then do it thats up to you. there were alot of things that were around and then probably banned. Are you trying to tell me that Muta is permissible today, that it is allowed?(!) Whatever

What people do is read the Quran and interpret it to suit them. Anybody in their right mind would know buring their daugthers alive is dreadful so how you can compare that to muta is ridiculous.

People do another thing. Being raised in their own culture, they become so attached to their culture that that their primary obedience is to the norms of the culture and not to the universal religion of God. They twist whatever religion comes to them so that it fits into their culture. Whatever aspect of religion that clashes with their culture they downplay, like you cant accept muta being done in whatever society you live in. Then you are a slave to culture, not a slave to God. You are obedient to the lay-people, not the the Prophet (pbuh) and the successor Imams.

I compared your opposition to muta with the ancient people's opposition to the abolition of the custom of burying their daughters.

You ought to give this a read

http://www.shiasource.com/al-mizan/self/tafseer-4-23-28/

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/marriage/muta/lawfulness-of-muta

Edited by JimJam

there were alot of things that were around and then probably banned

that may be true, but brother, what you must look at is who banned them, if it was Allah, we agree, if it was our Holy Prophet, we agree, but why should we accept that something is banned just because Umar said it was, and this is what he said

'Two mut'a were practiced during the time of the Prophet [i.e. temporary marriage and mutat al-hajj], but I forbid both of them and will punish anyone who practices either.'

so now the question arises, under who's authority is he acting? Not the Holy Prophets, not even abu bakr's, the second caliph clearly was a man who lacked the foresight to see the necessity of certain laws of Allah. and now we have a situation today, where the Shi'a are accused of worshipping Imam's, worshipping stones, claiming the angel Gibril made a mistake, claiming the Holy Qur'an has been changed,and the list goes on and on and on and on, but in spite of all this, the thing that the followers of the other schools of thought cannot stand is the institution of temporary marriage.they despise it! but do they despise Allah? His Prophet? or abu bakr? all of whom thought/think it is permissible? no, for some reason, they don't get the blame, Imam Jafar(as) gets the blame. and we as followers of the school that he helped set up, get the blame.

the bottom line is, (and this only concerns those who use muta to satisfy they sexual desires), if you are strong enough to wait until you are able to find a permanent wife, that is good for you, and you can pat yourself on the back for being strong enough to wait, and being in total control of your desires, this is commendable and would be a good example to follow. but you must also accept, that our Creator knows his creations better than we know our selves, physical desires are part and parcel of being human (especially male), and some people cannot wait, so what is your answer? stone everyone who isn't as strong as you to death? what a cruel religion we would be part of if this was the case. Allah (swt) in his infinite mercy has allowed a loophole for his followers, that is all. those who abuse will have to answer for themselves on judgement day, be happy in the knowledge that you won't.

I think Muta is totally wrong, the concept behind it is shocking. To me its just an excuse for single people to sleep around and think that its permissible and for married men to commit adultery and it be justified.

Bro, news flash, don't fall into the trap that many people from the west fall into, in thinking that back home is an Islamic utopia, where no one sins and life is great, nothing could be further from the truth, why else would our parents and grandparents have moved away? people in Muslim countries do sleep around as well as say 'I swear to Allah' in order to con people who wouldn't dream of swearing to Allah and lying.

Being raised in their own culture, they become so attached to their culture that that their primary obedience is to the norms of the culture and not to the universal religion of God. They twist whatever religion comes to them so that it fits into their culture. Whatever aspect of religion that clashes with their culture they downplay, like you cant accept muta being done in whatever society you live in. Then you are a slave to culture, not a slave to God. You are obedient to the lay-people, not the the Prophet and the successor Imams.

I thank Allah for forums like this one, for surely if someone where to say a comment like the above one from JimJam, they would get stoned to death, this is how intolerant culture is with regards to the teachings of our faith, but thank God, this forum gives us freedom of expression.

that may be true, but brother, what you must look at is who banned them, if it was Allah, we agree, if it was our Holy Prophet, we agree, but why should we accept that something is banned just because Umar said it was, and this is what he said

so now the question arises, under who's authority is he acting? Not the Holy Prophets, not even abu bakr's, the second caliph clearly was a man who lacked the foresight to see the necessity of certain laws of Allah. and now we have a situation today, where the Shi'a are accused of worshipping Imam's, worshipping stones, claiming the angel Gibril made a mistake, claiming the Holy Qur'an has been changed,and the list goes on and on and on and on, but in spite of all this, the thing that the followers of the other schools of thought cannot stand is the institution of temporary marriage.they despise it! but do they despise Allah? His Prophet? or abu bakr? all of whom thought/think it is permissible? no, for some reason, they don't get the blame, Imam Jafar(as) gets the blame. and we as followers of the school that he helped set up, get the blame.

the bottom line is, (and this only concerns those who use muta to satisfy they sexual desires), if you are strong enough to wait until you are able to find a permanent wife, that is good for you, and you can pat yourself on the back for being strong enough to wait, and being in total control of your desires, this is commendable and would be a good example to follow. but you must also accept, that our Creator knows his creations better than we know our selves, physical desires are part and parcel of being human (especially male), and some people cannot wait, so what is your answer? stone everyone who isn't as strong as you to death? what a cruel religion we would be part of if this was the case. Allah (swt) in his infinite mercy has allowed a loophole for his followers, that is all. those who abuse will have to answer for themselves on judgement day, be happy in the knowledge that you won't.

Bro, news flash, don't fall into the trap that many people from the west fall into, in thinking that back home is an Islamic utopia, where no one sins and life is great, nothing could be further from the truth, why else would our parents and grandparents have moved away? people in Muslim countries do sleep around as well as say 'I swear to Allah' in order to con people who wouldn't dream of swearing to Allah and lying.

I thank Allah for forums like this one, for surely if someone where to say a comment like the above one from JimJam, they would get stoned to death, this is how intolerant culture is with regards to the teachings of our faith, but thank God, this forum gives us freedom of expression.

Who ever agrees with muta doesn#t know about islam. If we have muta why bother with marriage. this is a mockery of marriage and Islam. theres no point talking to people who agree with this because its not only muta you agree with its other sick things as well. I do not think Allah SWT would allow this and it is not not mentioned in the Quran.

And dont forget this life is temporary it is a test fromn Allah swt it was never meant to be easy for muslims.

Edited by MumtazAli2010

Guest Muhamad

there seems to be a heated discussion about mutah going on here .. can someone tell me something please .. in the qoran it says that if a man wants to divorce, he has to wait for 3 periods or something and if he still wants to divorce, then it's halal .. so how can this work for mutaa .. ??

and it kind of strikes me that mutaa is a marriage that happens for lust .. and doesn't it say in the qoran that we are not supposed to marry for lust?? someone please enlighten me .. thanks!

in the qoran it says that if a man wants to divorce, he has to wait for 3 periods or something and if he still wants to divorce, then it's halal .. so how can this work for mutaa .. ??

in muta, there is no period of waiting, as the length of the contract is set by the woman at the start, and it just 'expires' for want of a better word.

and it kind of strikes me that mutaa is a marriage that happens for lust .. and doesn't it say in the qoran that we are not supposed to marry for lust?? someone please enlighten me .. thanks!

threads have been posted about these topics (above), like i previously said, it's not always about lust, there are positives that can be taken out of it

Muta is in place for woman's welfare, it is 100% in the hands of the woman who decides everything,

-she recites the wording, it is the man who must accept

-she determines the period of muta

-she determines the conditions- for example NO SEXUAL RELATIONS

but anyways, i think it might be time to draw a line under this topic, i think it has run it's course.

Brother MumtazAli2010

I would like to apologise to you, you came here in order to find some truth in Islam, and I fear that I might have driven you away with this discussion, which in reality, it is up to you if you desire to practice it or not.

I can really identify with what you posted first of all. my background is that my father's family are seyeds(but not really very religious) their idea of islam, is lets see what the sunnis do, and do the opposite, i was taught religious education by a sunni woman, and growing up, most of my friends where/are sunni. but i knew i had this connection with the familly of the Holy Prophet, so i thought i'd do some research into it. but to start off, my fears and doubts where the same as yours

I was growing up and went to madrasah all I heard was about the Imams and not as much about Prophet Muhammed .

this also doesn't sit well with me, i was told that the role of the Prophet was to teach Imam Ali- but if you look at the teachings of Imam ALi, you will see that he mentioned the Prophet more than anyone, and loved him more than anyone

this was/is also frustrating, and Eid should be a celebration of unity for the whole ummah, but in truth, the moon sighting is different all over, and we are not allowed to cut short our fasting just to celebrate the same day as the people in the middle east- in the early days of islam, there was not long distance communication to synchronise Eid

'nough said about that i think- i didn't agree with it, but after some research, i do now

if some people think that and don't believe Allah protected it, that's up to them, it's not really a main stream belief

i didn't agree with that and i still don't, NO IMAM EVER MOURNED IMAM HUSSAIN IN THAT WAY(using chains and knives), nor should we

How come shias dont pray sunnat or taraweeh (ramadhan prayers)

this also made me uneasy, but our Holy Prophet didn't pray taraweeh either, so why should we?

to sum up, i'm really sorry if your search for the truth, if have in any way put obstacles in your path, the thing i always didn't like about those who get out the chains with blades on them and beat themselves is that this action more than any other pushes people away form the lessons taught to us by the Ahl ul Bayt(as) but i can see that by sharing with you my findings on muta, i have done the same thing and in doing so have become a hypocrite (may Allah forgive me).

please don't let this stop you from continuing to search for the truth.

Islam is a tree with many branches, in all honesty more light shines on the shi’a branches, but that in no way means that there are not some worms in the fruits that it has produced.

May Allah guide you to the truth, it is always better to find it yourself than to believe everything for the sake of it-which is not true faith,it's just being a parrot

Edited by ShahHussain

Salaam,

speaking of foreign countries and sleeping around, it is actually big buisiness for doctors in the middle east to restore (lol) a womans virginity, so that on her wedding night it appears to her husband that she is still a virgin...

Fi Aman Allah

I was brought up a shia musilm. but am now a little confused as to whether it is indeed the correct path.

Thanks

I was brought up as a sunni and went to sunni madrassa,

I became a rafidhi! lol (shi'a)

Reason enough?

Guest Muhamad

fellow muslims .. i just read that muta was legal up until end of Omar's caliphate .. and that the battle of khaibar (when prophet supposedly banned it) was before conquering of makkah .. and that during conquest of makkah muta is recorded and agreed upon by all muslims?? please any muslim correct me if im wrong ..

another thing pertains to logic .. it was said that if it wasn't for Omar's decision, then muslims wouldn't be performing zinah .. it does kind of make sense .. and that it was a form of merci from Allah to his people ..

who can deny that adultry isn't widespread among muslims??? it's pandemic, if not epidemic!! Allah guide us believers in the right direction, and teach us the truth in all affairs.

Just one thing: is there a limit with muta?? how many times can someone do muta in a given amount of time? and how does the muta wife know who the father is?? Does she have a waiting time after each muta? can somebody make an idiot-proof summary here?? thanks!

Edited by Muhamad

All you have said is correct. The truth is there for those who seek it.

The waiting period of the woman is the same as during permanent marriage, I'm not sure what the limits are,but I think to a certain extent the system is open to abuse. But I'm telling you, most people prefare having affairs the entering into muta

fellow muslims .. i just read that muta was legal up until end of Omar's caliphate .. and that the battle of khaibar (when prophet supposedly banned it) was before conquering of makkah .. and that during conquest of makkah muta is recorded and agreed upon by all muslims?? please any muslim correct me if im wrong ..

another thing pertains to logic .. it was said that if it wasn't for Omar's decision, then muslims wouldn't be performing zinah .. it does kind of make sense .. and that it was a form of merci from Allah to his people ..

who can deny that adultry isn't widespread among muslims??? it's pandemic, if not epidemic!! Allah guide us believers in the right direction, and teach us the truth in all affairs.

Just one thing: is there a limit with muta?? how many times can someone do muta in a given amount of time? and how does the muta wife know who the father is?? Does she have a waiting time after each muta? can somebody make an idiot-proof summary here?? thanks!

Here are Ayatollah Sistani's views on the Laws of Muta

http://www.sistani.org/local.php?modules=nav&nid=2&bid=59&pid=3085

http://www.alulbayt.com/rulings/11.htm

Answering Ansar discusses muta in depth and answers the naysayers

http://www.answering-ansar.org/answers/mutah/en/chap1.php

Edited by JimJam

I was brought up as a sunni and went to sunni madrassa,

I became a rafidhi! lol (shi'a)

Reason enough?

Born a Shia but I was educated in a wahabi mosque and learned the Quran from them as well...

giving me a great insight to theri state of Deen and sources...

Shia relies on the Pure Ones (Muhammad (pbuh) wa Aale Mohammad (as) ) rather than the companions and acquaintances....which is enough logic for me to be a Rafidi (SHIA) post-45373-1209287012.gif

Thanks

Thanks

Salaam,

I think they should sack your Madrassah teachers for not even teaching the basics

Thanks

We are shia of muhammad.

1. Eid on different days. Depending on your Marja, eid can be on a different day. We are lucky to have this system though, many sunnis unfortunately can go from scholar to scholar until they hear what they want to hear. One might say music is halal , another might say it isnt. But we as Shia have to choose the marja who we think is the most knowledgeable, people who have studied all their lives for Islam.

2. What is wrong with it? The prophet allowed it during his time, just because one of the caliphs decided to get rid of it, does not mean it is a terrible thing. I would rather follow the rulings of the prophet than any other person.

3. No shia scholar that i know of says that the Qur'an is distorted. We also do not believe that Imam Mehdi ( A.S) has a second Qur'an which is better than the one we have today, some of us may believe he has a book, but it is not the Qur'an.

4. Matam, this also depends on your marja. If i am not mistaken but Zanjeer is banned in iran now?

5. Hadith about dajjal and the coming of the end of times cannot be taken as 100%, some say dajja will come to israel, others say this place or that place.

We celebrate the doings of Imam Ali because he grew up in the lap of rasoolila, by prasing Imam Ali we are also praising the prophet at the same time. We do also celebrate the doings of our prophet.

6. Not sure about tarweeah prayer, but i am pretty sure that the prophet didnt do this type of prayer. We have hadith of other prayers he did like salatul layl.

(salam)

Follow your logic, listen to what your instincts, or your heart, tells you... Don't follow your desires!

Seek knowledge, never stop seeking and learning...

The truth is not something that any human can put their finger on and say "This is the 100% ultimate truth" because it is an all-encompassing idea which only God fully understands.

However, that does not mean that we should not be seeking this ultimate truth. Part of our test in this life is the test of Dawah, if there were no people to preach Islam to, then we would not have that as part of our test. So it is a decree from Almighty Allah that people are different, as the Qur'an clearly states, and it is therefore only a problem for those individuals who have become content with stagnating ignorance rather than exploration and discovery of knowledge and wisdom. If one dies as a sincere truth-seeker who has done good deeds and never knew true Islam, it is not always his fault, it could be the fault of Muslims not teaching him, or people who claim to be Muslim giving a bad impression of Islam.

The same can be said for a specific "sect" or school of thought, it is up to the individual to choose what they feel will bring them closer to Allah and therefore arrive at the truth. Fear and Love Allah and make Du'a and do not be content with ignorance and do not ever follow your desires if you feel something is wrong, leave it and seek knowledge.

That is the best advice I think anyone can give. Unfortunately the Ummah has been hijacked by people, throughout history, who seek to control and to force by way of compulsion people to follow their idea of Islam. Islam is first and foremost for the individual, and then it envelopes the society in order to help it, but to force under the weight of opinion is an absurdity in light of the absence of any divine guide. We are all people, scholars are people, without divine guidance, who have opinions of varying kinds, to then force by religious law which is not found in the Qur'an, any form of haraam/halal is very dangerous and potentially un-Islamic.

May Allah guide you in your journey,

(salam)

(salam)

Follow your logic, listen to what your instincts, or your heart, tells you... Don't follow your desires!

The truth is not something that any human can put their finger on and say "This is the 100% ultimate truth" because it is an all-encompassing idea which only God fully understands.

However, that does not mean that we should not be seeking this ultimate truth. Part of our test in this life is the test of Dawah, if there were no people to preach Islam to, then we would not have that as part of our test. So it is a decree from Almighty Allah that people are different, as the Qur'an clearly states, and it is therefore only a problem for those individuals who have become content with stagnating ignorance rather than exploration and discovery of knowledge and wisdom. If one dies as a sincere truth-seeker who has done good deeds and never knew true Islam, it is not always his fault, it could be the fault of Muslims not teaching him, or people who claim to be Muslim giving a bad impression of Islam.

The same can be said for a specific "sect" or school of thought, it is up to the individual to choose what they feel will bring them closer to Allah and therefore arrive at the truth. Fear and Love Allah and make Du'a and do not be content with ignorance and do not ever follow your desires if you feel something is wrong, leave it and seek knowledge.

That is the best advice I think anyone can give. Unfortunately the Ummah has been hijacked by people, throughout history, who seek to control and to force by way of compulsion people to follow their idea of Islam. Islam is first and foremost for the individual, and then it envelopes the society in order to help it, but to force under the weight of opinion is an absurdity in light of the absence of any divine guide. We are all people, scholars are people, without divine guidance, who have opinions of varying kinds, to then force by religious law which is not found in the Qur'an, any form of haraam/halal is very dangerous and potentially un-Islamic.

(salam)

Alhamdulillah, very nicely put brother

(salam)

(salam)

Your message is true for some but not for all,

for there are some like you who wish to seek

the most guided of affairs, there are others

for whom following themselves is sure destruction.

Their caprice clouds their judgements and their

desires overcome their eyes, self-interest overtakes.

Was-Salaam

Edited by JawzofDETH

Your message is true for some but not for all,

for there are some like you who wish to seek

the most guided of affairs, there are others

for whom following themselves is sure destruction.

Their caprice clouds their judgements and their

desires overcome their eyes, self-interest overtakes.

Was-Salaam

(wasalam)

That is why I stressed repeatedly "do not follow your desires!"

People must learn self-control if they're sincere in truth-seeking. If the truth were something we could package and sell in a box that easily without requiring any effort from the reader then everyone would be a Muslim by now.

The seeker has to be honest with themselves, of course my message is true for some but not for all, the same can be said about anything, including the Qur'an. The Qur'an is true for Muslims not for non-Muslims.

It is the job of Muslims to be close to the Prophet(sawws) in action and speech, since he gave us the perfect example of how to portray Islamic manners and how to invite people to Islam, and it worked for some for him but not for those who had a disease in their hearts.

Shia is the right path , because when you read the quran, there is some Sourah that begins with ''Alef ,lam ,meme '' or ''haa ,meem'' . Anyway , when you collect those letters and eleminate those who are repeted , you get a sentence. Scientist proved that they can't do any other senteces with those letters . The sentence is '' ÕÑÇØ Úáí ÍÞ ãÓß '' which means , in english '' Ali's path is the right one'' . And (bonus) it has 12 letters ..all letters are different..it's 12 for the twelve Imam.

anyway ,Shia is the right path ,, many people have had many dreams about it.