Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
LOVER of AHLE BAYT

Sanad Of Hadith

Rate this topic

Salaams

Since i am not so well versed in arabic, can somebody help me in sorting out the following chains (of hadith):

Ali bin Ahmad bin Abdullah bin Ahmad bin Abi Abdillah al-Barqi: Narrated my father, from his grandfather Ahmad bin Abi Abdillah, from his father, from Muhammad bin Abi Omair, from more than one person from the Truthful Ja'far bin Muhammad from his father, from his forefathers, peace be on them

Narrated few of our friends on the authority of Ahmad bin Abi Abdillah, from his father, from Wahab, from (Imam) Abu Abdullah [as]

Narrated Muhammad bin Omar bin Salamah bin al-Baraa' al-Hafiz al-Baghdadi: Narrated to us Ahmad bin Abdallah al-Thaqafi Abul-Abbas saying: Narrated to us Issa bin Muhammad al-Katib saying: Narrated to me al-Madayini from Ghiyath bin Ibrahim from the Truthful Ja'far bin Muhammad

Narrated Muhammad bin Ali Majilwaih: Narrated to us Muhammad bin Yahya al-'Attaar saying: Narrated to us Sahl bin Ziyad al-Adami saying: Narrated to me Othman bin Issa from Khalid bin Nujaih from Abu Abdallah [as]

Narrated to us Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Yahya al-'Attaar saying: Narrated to us my father from Muhammad bin al-Husain bin Abil-Khattab from Muhammad bin Sinaan, from Abi al-Jarood from Abu Ja'far al-Baqir [as] from his father, from his grandfather [as] saying: Amirul-Mu'mineen (Ali) [as]

(salam)

(bismillah)

Ali bin Ahmad bin Abdullah bin Ahmad bin Abi Abdillah al-Barqi: Narrated my father, from his grandfather Ahmad bin Abi Abdillah, from his father, from Muhammad bin Abi Omair, from more than one person from the Truthful Ja'far bin Muhammad from his father, from his forefathers, peace be on them

Da'eef because of hadeeth being Mursal

Narrated few of our friends on the authority of Ahmad bin Abi Abdillah, from his father, from Wahab, from (Imam) Abu Abdullah [as]

There is a difference of opinion on Al-Barqee's father, Muhammad bin Khaalid Al-Barqee. Some say he is thiqah, and others have said he is da'eef in his hadeeth. Scholars now reject the part of him being da'eef.

Narrated Muhammad bin Omar bin Salamah bin al-Baraa' al-Hafiz al-Baghdadi: Narrated to us Ahmad bin Abdallah al-Thaqafi Abul-Abbas saying: Narrated to us Issa bin Muhammad al-Katib saying: Narrated to me al-Madayini from Ghiyath bin Ibrahim from the Truthful Ja'far bin Muhammad

I need to look up a few people on this sanad. I can't tell you off the top of my head.

Narrated Muhammad bin Ali Majilwaih: Narrated to us Muhammad bin Yahya al-'Attaar saying: Narrated to us Sahl bin Ziyad al-Adami saying: Narrated to me Othman bin Issa from Khalid bin Nujaih from Abu Abdallah [as]

Da'eef because of Sahl bin Ziyaad Al-Aadamee

Narrated to us Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Yahya al-'Attaar saying: Narrated to us my father from Muhammad bin al-Husain bin Abil-Khattab from Muhammad bin Sinaan, from Abi al-Jarood from Abu Ja'far al-Baqir [as] from his father, from his grandfather [as] saying: Amirul-Mu'mineen (Ali) [as]

Da'eef because of Ibn Sinaan.

(salam)

(salam)

(bismillah)

Da'eef because of hadeeth being Mursal

(wasalam)

Traditionally our `ulama have accepted the mursalat of Ibn Abi `Umayr as an exception to the rule. There's good reason for this too as he was known to only narrate from thiqaat. As to why a number of his ahadith are mursal I think it has something to do with him having been imprisoned and his books getting accidentally destroyed (and thus their isnads) while he was there.

There is a difference of opinion on Al-Barqee's father, Muhammad bin Khaalid Al-Barqee. Some say he is thiqah, and others have said he is da'eef in his hadeeth. Scholars now reject the part of him being da'eef.

The more concerning part of the isnad would be Wahb, if this is Wahb b. Wahb al-Bakhtari, a Sunni qadi who narrated hadiths from Imam Sadiq (as), who apparently was married to his mother, but was known to make things up. I'm not sure it'd be him though since usually his isnads (I think) will be stated as from Ja`far b. Muhammad (as) as opposed to Abu `Abdillah (as). The former is more commonly how Sunnis would quote from him, while Shi`as would refer to him by his kunya.

Da'eef because of Sahl bin Ziyaad Al-Aadamee

Da'eef because of Ibn Sinaan.

(salam)

There's ikhtilaf about both of these.

To the OP, I'd suggest you not waste your time at these Nasibi websites (such as the one you quoted these isnads from). They are known to lie and distort. Much better you stick with trustworthy sources to learn about our religion. As to the narrations themselves they quote about, one, you should realize Islam is not some egalitarian or feminist religion, there are things there which I'm sure a lot of modernists would not be comfortable with, however that in no wise means those things aren't true. Truth sometimes hurts. And secondly, it's odd for these Nasibis to be quoting such traditions as being negatives against us. It's not like their own books don't contain similar narrations as well.

(salam)

(bismillah)

To the OP, I'd suggest you not waste your time at these Nasibi websites (such as the one you quoted these isnads from). They are known to lie and distort. Much better you stick with trustworthy sources to learn about our religion. As to the narrations themselves they quote about, one, you should realize Islam is not some egalitarian or feminist religion, there are things there which I'm sure a lot of modernists would not be comfortable with, however that in no wise means those things aren't true. Truth sometimes hurts. And secondly, it's odd for these Nasibis to be quoting such traditions as being negatives against us. It's not like their own books don't contain similar narrations as well.

I just happened to google some of the isnaad, and I see where he has gotten these things from.

(salam)

I just happened to google some of the isnaad, and I see where he has gotten these things from.

yes you are right...i wanted to reply to a sunni on this issue...

thnx for all the info :)...

jazakallah khairun

yes you are right alhamdulillah....i know for a fact that many people forget to read our books and focus more on comparitive study....I am well aware of the facts that surrounds this issue......it was just an issue i faced recently due to which I needed a check on these isnads....

Edited by LOVER of AHLE BAYT