Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SoRoUsH

Iran: Children Appeal For Help In Saving Mother

Rate this topic

Are you serious???

Even FOX News is at least a hundred times more reliable than PressTV. Show me a report by the news side of FOX News (not opinion/analysis) where they completely fabricate a story out of nothing like PressTV does. Here are two PressTV "news" reports for comparison (I don't even read/watch PressTV, so there are probably dozens more, but there were threads made on these two topics on ShiaChat so I caught their fabrication):

PressTV falsely reporting that Saudi Shi'as had declared independence from the Kingdom and created a country called the "The Republic of Eastern Arabia".

And also falsely reporting about there being 27 Iranians in world's top 100 scientists list.

This was bad reporting from PressTV, and them getting information from unreliable sources, but it still doesnt prove that PressTV was being biased. How do these stories in any way influence peoples opinions towards the "reigime" or its enemies?

Quite frankly, I see my tongue to be too precious because it utters praise for Allah(swt) constantly, to be praising oppressors who rule Iran and execute innocents, thus take a life. To me it seems that they're following the ruling system of Muawiya(la) who was the one who allowed killings of muslims.

Gosh, arent you the same person who wouldnt mind a nuclear war?

Yeah, they do seem to work with human rights lawyers and organizations, which exist is virtually every country.

In this case, from what Amnesty reports, and probably gathered from human rights lawyers in Iran who would have access to court papers and documents, it seems this women had already received lashes for her cime, but then after being charged with her husbands murder and acquitted, they seemed to have dragged up her old case and now decided upon stoning to death. There was no evidence offfered for the crime, apart from her confession while being questioned a few years ago for the crime ( confessions, possibly under duress, whilst being questioned should never be relied on too heavily as evidence, if its the sole evidence ).

And the evil and oppressive Iranian reigime would just allow access to confidential court papers and documents, to these human rights lawyers, who they know will expose them? Cummon, seriously, why would the judiciary decide to stone somebody for no apparent reason?

Gosh, arent you the same person who wouldnt mind a nuclear war?

Of course I am.

I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against. If Iran falls on the wrong side of the equation then so be it, I'm against certain Iranian acts/leaders who allow the acts.

Just because I'm COMPLETELYYYY against Israel, does not mean I'm for Iran and thus ignore all faults of Iran. I'm no sheep.

This was bad reporting from PressTV, and them getting information from unreliable sources, but it still doesnt prove that PressTV was being biased. How do these stories in any way influence peoples opinions towards the "reigime" or its enemies?

I wasn't talking about the bias of PressTV, all I was saying is that PressTV is NOT comparable to other more recognized news channel (including FOX News), since at least these other news agencies don't fabricate stories completely out of thin air. Even a single person googling on the internet can catch these fabrications, and I'm supposed to believe that PressTV has dedicated fact-checkers and a content Editor?!?!? If PressTV doesn't even fact-check such basic claims like the Shi'as of Saudi Arabia declaring independence and forming their own country ( :wacko: ), then what about their other claims that are harder to verify? But at least they had the sense to pull that particular "news" article off their website and replace it with another (by the way, a true news organization would offer a correction to the article, not simply remove it and replace it with another), but they STILL haven't corrected their article about the 27 Iranians in the top 100. Nor have they corrected their fabrication of five American men being detained by Pakistani security forces in Balochistan.

Anyone who believes that PressTV is a good news organization is either simply deeply ignorant, or so utterly ideologically blinded that reality doesn't matter to him or her anymore.

I was referring to myself. I was saying that I, a shiite, consider presstv biased and amnesty reliable.

EOD = End of discussion :)

Since this is a discussion forum, I will speak for whoever I wish to speak for. Getting own3d in a discussion and proven wrong is hardly reason to turn hostile, dear woman friend.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Ok, I thought you were referring to me, not yourself. Sorry. Although I don't think I was owned and I don't think I was hostile to you. Sorry if it seemed that way. Also, I should not have said the OP can speak for himself. You or anyone else can speak for him. :)

BTW, can you please explain your American Indian signature? I would like to know if that is directed at me or just a coincidence, considering that by heritage I am American Indian.

It boggles my mind how some people do not realize how PressTV is biased.

(bismillah)

(salam)

It is mind boggling that someone would not be proud of a news organization that is run by Muslims and People of the Book who are not hostile toward Islam. Press TV has no agenda other than to broadcast the truth, the news that CNN, msnbc, FOX and others will not tell you.

(bismillah)

(salam)

If there have been any "fake" stories, I can't believe that it was intentional. It must be that some informant exaggerated and Press TV is so understaffed that they did not properly confirm and reconfirm their sources before they put it on their website. Press TV should remember not to trust anyone who turns out to be giving them false or exaggerated information. Allah knows best who is righteous and who has evil intentions.

And the evil and oppressive Iranian reigime would just allow access to confidential court papers and documents, to these human rights lawyers, who they know will expose them? Cummon, seriously, why would the judiciary decide to stone somebody for no apparent reason?

Iranian human rights lawyers, due to fact of being lawyers, would be able to request access to court documents in Iran, as that is how legal systems works. I did not say, and they did not say, that Iran is going to stone somebody for no reason, but that they are going to stone someone ( to death ) when the evidence seems extremely weak, in that no witnesses etc..., and with such lack of evidence, they have used the "knowledge of the judge system", where 2 out of the 5 judges think she is innocent, so a person will be stoned to death by a majority of one judge thinking she may be guilty based on no real evidence.

If you are going to stone someone to death, then the evidence should be strong enough to prove the person is guilty beyond reasonable doubt, yet 2 of the 5 judges ( not ordinary jury members ), think she is innocent. So how strong can the evidence be?

http://www.al-islam.org/greater_sins_complete/15.htm

Here, we shall describe the legal rulings, according to jurisprudence and traditions, for the information of our respected readers.

1) In order to establish the crime of adultery, four just male witnesses are required or Three just male and two just female witnesses or two just male and four just female witnesses. If two just male witnesses and four just female witnesses state that they have witnessed the act, and if the sinner or the fornicator does not have a legal wife, or the fornicator woman does not have a legal husband, than they are not stoned to death. They are only given a hundred lashes each.

2) All the witnesses must testify that the crime had occurred at one and the same place.

3) All the witnesses must testify that the crime had occurred at the same time.

4) All the witnesses must testify in the same sitting.

5) If four just people quote the testimony of four just witnesses it is not sufficient.

6) If four just witnesses testify that a certain woman has committed fornication, their testimony shall not be accepted if they are not familiar with this woman since they do not know her and it could be that she is the legal wife of that man.

7) If Three of the four witnesses testify and the fourth one refrains from testifying, or if his testimony differs from the previous Three witnesses, the Three witnesses who have testified shall be punished for ‘qazaf’ (defaming a chaste man or woman of adultery).

8) If the fornicator confesses his crime thrice, but refrains from the fourth confession, he cannot be punished. For a penalty to be lawful, it is necessary to confess four times.

9) He must make four confessions in four different sittings. He cannot be penalised if he makes four confessions in one sitting.

10) It is not permitted for the Judge to goad the accused to confess. He must also not be prompted to complete sentences (that is, words must not be put into his mouth). The Judge must try to maintain purity, chastity and dignity among the common people and must try his utmost that the crime of adultery is not proved. The Judge must try to give such suggestions to the accused that he may be able to save himself from the penalty by falling into doubts and uncertainties. It is also the duty of the Judge to encourage the accused to plead innocence.

11) When a married man confesses of adultery four times but later pleads innocence, the penalty of stoning will not be imposed upon him. His punishment shall be reduced.

12) A new convert to Islam who is unaware of the punishment shall not be punished.

13) If the adulterer is unmarried and he is suffering from some illness, the jurist is authorised to beat him with a broom of twigs or a branch of the date palm. He should consider these as lashes. He could also beat him with a branch or broom and consider each of its twig equivalent to one lash.

14) The lashing should be so controlled that the flesh of the body is not affected. The accused can only be punished when he has committed the crime willingly. (If someone is forced to commit fornication, penalty cannot be imposed upon them ).

15) If a man mistakes a woman to be his legal wife and has sexual intercourse with her, then he cannot not be punished.

This is thus the detailed analysis of the laws prescribed by the all Beneficent and the all Merciful Allah (S.w.T.), who knows His creatures very well.

Examine this case for yourself from any angle you desire.

Ask yourself, have all these conditions and criteria been followed accurately?

Be honest with yourself, and keep reminding yourself about the consequences of apathy, arrogance and blind pride.

(BTW, can you please explain your American Indian signature? I would like to know if that is directed at me or just a coincidence, considering that by heritage I am American Indian.

Lol, are you an only child? they're usually the ones who believe everything's about them. No offence, it's a really sincere question and I apologise if I sound mean or anything, wallah!

Anyway as for my signature. It was in honour(or should I say disgrace) of 4th of july. It is NO day which should be celebrated, if anything, it should be an official, worldwide mourning day because of the oppression the Indians(the indigenous) of America faced.

And for the white Americans living in 2010 to even allow their MINDS to believe that they won't have to pay for the actions their socalled 'founding fathers'(should I say human slayers?) carried out is beyond my imagination. Bless their hearts for amusing me. Especially during july each year.

For European-Americans in 2010 to keep pretending that they will not and should not have to acknowledge the rage of people of color who have been suffering White stupidity, cruelty, and privilege for four hundred years suggests a flaw in judgment that will deserve whatever it gets. No people have ever allowed themselves to be oppressed forever.

So no, the signature has nothing to do with you, it just highlights a portion of American oppression which is often forgotten. Do I forget it? HELL NO. So I thought I'd remind a few more. It's all political, my dear.

@Soroush,

10) It is not permitted for the Judge to goad the accused to confess. He must also not be prompted to complete sentences (that is, words must not be put into his mouth). The Judge must try to maintain purity, chastity and dignity among the common people and must try his utmost that the crime of adultery is not proved. The Judge must try to give such suggestions to the accused that he may be able to save himself from the penalty by falling into doubts and uncertainties. It is also the duty of the Judge to encourage the accused to plead innocence.

Ohh my, so this whole 'knowledge of the judge' business is bull and unislamic? Actually, is the 'knowledge of the judge' even related to islam, where?

Lol, I like the effort you put into that above post. Unfortunately, hearts harder than stone will not allow knowledge to sink in.

(I find it funny that only 4 people post in this thread...3, cause mine is offtopic most of the time lol while that Israel Aid Flotilla thread is getting rampaged)

Edited by Devout

(salam)

(I find it funny that only 4 people post in this thread...3, cause mine is offtopic most of the time lol while that Israel Aid Flotilla thread is getting rampaged)

wherever ther is religion there will be the witchunt/trials.

hangedWitches.jpg

if she sinks when drowned to death she is a witch....or was it if she floats after she dies? :cry:

(salam)

if she sinks when drowned to death she is a witch....or was it if she floats after she dies? :cry:

(salam)

you got it wrong its:

If she sinks & dies shes not a witch, but if she floats shes a witch so you have to burn her:'(

Ohh my, so this whole 'knowledge of the judge' business is bull and unislamic? Actually, is the 'knowledge of the judge' even related to islam, where?

This is what I have been trying to find out in another thead: Unfortunately nobody has yet been able to enlighten me on this topic. If the judge has complete discretion to take into account whatever evidence he feels like, then you might as well throw the conditions about 4 witnesses or a confession out the window. It would really be interesting to know exactly how much leeway the judge has in these cases.

Here, we shall describe the legal rulings, according to jurisprudence and traditions, for the information of our respected readers.

Thanks to unlcle Google, every 12 year old can post this information, your honour Sorush.

But bro, seriously, give it a break. There are several expert judges who manage the judiciary system in the Islamic Republic. They have studied for years and years, and specialize in Islamic law, and really, I see no reason why they woul want to stone an innocent lady. Copy and pasting articles, quoting these human rights lawyers, wont convince anybody, except the weak.

Thanks to unlcle Google, every 12 year old can post this information, your honour Sorush.

But bro, seriously, give it a break. There are several expert judges who manage the judiciary system in the Islamic Republic. They have studied for years and years, and specialize in Islamic law, and really, I see no reason why they woul want to stone an innocent lady. Copy and pasting articles, quoting these human rights lawyers, wont convince anybody, except the weak.

You do as you wish, I'll do as I wish.

At the end, God will fairly judge between us and our actions.

Hasbi Allah

There are several expert judges who manage the judiciary system in the Islamic Republic. They have studied for years and years, and specialize in Islamic law, and really, I see no reason why they woul want to stone an innocent lady.

Miscarriages of justice can happen anywhere. Personally, I'm not so interested in whether she is innocent or guilty, but rather what kind of evidence the judges used to find her guilty. I've read that she is supposed to have confessed, but in that case wouldn't she still have the right to withdraw her confession? And anyway, if she claims she is innocent, why would she confess in the first place?

I'm also curious as to why she is now being stoned if she has already been lashed for the same crime(as far as I understand it).

Lol, are you an only child? they're usually the ones who believe everything's about them. No offence, it's a really sincere question and I apologise if I sound mean or anything, wallah!

Anyway as for my signature. It was in honour(or should I say disgrace) of 4th of july. It is NO day which should be celebrated, if anything, it should be an official, worldwide mourning day because of the oppression the Indians(the indigenous) of America faced.

And for the white Americans living in 2010 to even allow their MINDS to believe that they won't have to pay for the actions their socalled 'founding fathers'(should I say human slayers?) carried out is beyond my imagination. Bless their hearts for amusing me. Especially during july each year.

So no, the signature has nothing to do with you, it just highlights a portion of American oppression which is often forgotten. Do I forget it? HELL NO. So I thought I'd remind a few more. It's all political, my dear.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you for explaining that. Sorry I was off topic in asking you about your signature, but that was interesting. For anyone who wants to know about the oppression of the Cherokees and other removed tribes, just google "Trail of Tears."

Well, whatever Uncle google did or did not do, truth is truth. Reminds me very much of "Don't look at who said what, look at what is being said".

khair anyway

As for the 2nd part of your post: Abu bakr's islamic qualifications were much higher than these 'scholars/experts of today'. He had the sources of knowledge right infront of him (namely, The prophet(pbuh&hf) and imam Ali(as)) yet, that didn't stop him from usurping the right of an innocent.

how can today's 'expertise' in islam stop a man from punishing an innocent lady? Or how can today's expertise in Islam stop a man from being corrupt by power?.

Yes, it's not something you should bank on.

copy + pasting articles and pages from a book won't convince the biased.

Humans are not infallible, not matter how long they have studied Islamic law. This is not about their knowledge of Islamic law, this is about looking at a case where their seems to be very little evidence against this lady. As for these 'expert' judges, 2 out of 5 of these expert judges found her innocent, yet she is still to be stoned to death. If you are going to take someone's life, for a crime they have supposedly committed, then you had best be sure the evidence is extremely strong for having committed that crime, and if that evidence is so strong in this case, why did 2 of expert judges not find her not guilty?

Edited by Irishman

Irish, it was a case of 3 VS 2, and the majority won, like it would have been in any trial. You cant get all the judges in the world to agree on all the desicions. If so, nobody would ever reach a verdict. Look at it this way; there was sufficient evidence for 3, the majority, of expert judges to find her guilty.

Again, we dont have much details about the case, so we can't really judge.

Irish, it was a case of 3 VS 2, and the majority won, like it would have been in any trial. You cant get all the judges in the world to agree on all the desicions. If so, nobody would ever reach a verdict. Look at it this way; there was sufficient evidence for 3, the majority, of expert judges to find her guilty.

But now it's about a stoning a women to death. When there are two people who are against, I mean that one should go through the case again. Had there been one, it would have been a little different. Stoning one to death is almost impossible in Islam. There are so many criteria that must be met.

Can someone just summarily tell me if this story is true or not?? The tabloids and press here are going crazy about it, bashing Muslims and Iran left, right and center....not that they need an incentive to anyway.

(salam)

So what is so difficult for IRI to give details of trial? Even quick summary of how found guilty according to their legislation. How hard can that be?? News reporters can do it in a 1.5 min segment.

Edited by Mohammed-W

Irish, it was a case of 3 VS 2, and the majority won, like it would have been in any trial.

Most trials never see the light of day ( particularly a trail where the penalty is death ) unless strong evidence exists, which in this case, the evidence was so non-existent it had to go to 'knowlegde of judges' to produce a decision, and even then 2 out of 3 judges found her innocent. And to kill someone based on this?

You cant get all the judges in the world to agree on all the desicions. If so, nobody would ever reach a verdict. Look at it this way; there was sufficient evidence for 3, the majority, of expert judges to find her guilty.

It went to "knowledge of judges" because there was no real evidence to start with. Maybe Iranian legal system should take a look at Holy Qu'ran again, namely 24:12, 24:13 and remember what Muhammed (SAW) did and said when Aisha was accused of adultery.

A good outline on Amnesty website about lack of evidence, and hence why 'knowledge of judge' was provoked to come to a decision.

Irish, it was a case of 3 VS 2, and the majority won, like it would have been in any trial.

Quantity means nothing in Islam. If you believe the majority are right in matters of religion, why are you shia when the majority are sunni?

(salam)

press release from IRI

this can be viewed in the link under the story

In the Name of God

PRESS RELEASE

Considering the statements made by the Foreign Office Minister Alistair Burt on an Iranian national , Mrs Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani , and her execution , hereby this mission denies the false news aired in this respect and notifies the Ministry that according to information from the relevant judicial authorities in Iran, she will not be executed by stoning punishment . It is notable that this kind of punishment has rarely been implemented in Iran and various means and remedies must be probed and exhausted to finally come up with such a punishment.

It should be added that the stoning punishment has not been cited in the draft Islamic Penal Code being deliberated in the Iranian Parliament .

The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran highly recommends that news and reports should not be taken for granted and considered a reliable source of information for official statements or misjudgements .

Press Section

July 8 , 2010

Ah, I just love it when these democratic western countries show so much concern about Iran. Someone should really ask these hypocrites to read their own history for once.

(salam)

True! wheres ma 40 acres and mule! :D

Ah, I just love it when these democratic western countries show so much concern about Iran. Someone should really ask these hypocrites to read their own history for once.

Pot - Kettle - Black

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=132565

Iran has strongly condemned the Canadian police for arresting hundreds of protesters during the recent G20 summit in Toronto, describing the move as an inhuman act.

"The use of various violent tools and ways to counter a peaceful rally is by no means justified."

Peaceful?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kod-OHL8Jis&feature=related

The move by the Canadian government is a blatant breach of basic rights of citizens to freedom of expression," Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said on Tuesday.

The same Iran that banned the right to hold protest marches ( a march has to be assuemd to be peaceful until it proves otherwise ) last year?

Edited by Irishman

Considering the statements made by the Foreign Office Minister Alistair Burt on an Iranian national , Mrs Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani , and her execution , hereby this mission denies the false news aired in this respect and notifies the Ministry that according to information from the relevant judicial authorities in Iran, she will not be executed by stoning punishment . It is notable that this kind of punishment has rarely been implemented in Iran and various means and remedies must be probed and exhausted to finally come up with such a punishment.

It should be added that the stoning punishment has not been cited in the draft Islamic Penal Code being deliberated in the Iranian Parliament .

The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran highly recommends that news and reports should not be taken for granted and considered a reliable source of information for official statements or misjudgements .

If they are still going to execute her, it makes little difference that it won't be by stoning, although of course the suffering will be much less. I wish Iran would just give an outline of the evidence against her, and why she was found guilty. As far as I'm concerned, if any other evidence is used other than 4 reliable male witnesses or a uncoerced confession, then this woman should not be sentenced to death. Does anyone here understand what this 'judge's knowledge' stuff is about? Has anyone ever read any ahadith were such a way of deciding someone's guilt for a similar crime was used?

Pot - Kettle - Black

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=132565

Iran has strongly condemned the Canadian police for arresting hundreds of protesters during the recent G20 summit in Toronto, describing the move as an inhuman act.

"The use of various violent tools and ways to counter a peaceful rally is by no means justified."

Peaceful?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kod-OHL8Jis&feature=related

The move by the Canadian government is a blatant breach of basic rights of citizens to freedom of expression," Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said on Tuesday.

The same Iran that banned the right to hold protest marches ( a march has to be assuemd to be peaceful until it proves otherwise ) last year?

^^

LOL true also

Edited by Mohammed-W

(bismillah)

(salam)

The judges are well aware of the case, including confessions of the two men involved, statements by her children, relatives or neighbors who saw or heard things, as well as her own confession. Instead of confessing and then recanting her confession, she could have denied it from the beginning. The evidence against her probably will not be released, because Iran has a policy not to release information that will cause pain to the family. How would you like your relative's crimes to be in the newspapers, on television and spread around the world? The fact that she was involved in the murder of her husband is probably the only reason that her name has been mentioned. Iran has people in jail who are awaiting punishment who are known by the letters of their name, such as M.K, because the family of the criminal would be disgraced. Don't expect any evidence of her crimes or what she gave the men in exchange for her husband's murder.

(bismillah)

(salam)

The judges are well aware of the case, including confessions of the two men involved, statements by her children, relatives or neighbors who saw or heard things, as well as her own confession. Instead of confessing and then recanting her confession, she could have denied it from the beginning. The evidence against her probably will not be released, because Iran has a policy not to release information that will cause pain to the family. How would you like your relative's crimes to be in the newspapers, on television and spread around the world? The fact that she was involved in the murder of her husband is probably the only reason that her name has been mentioned. Iran has people in jail who are awaiting punishment who are known by the letters of their name, such as M.K, because the family of the criminal would be disgraced. Don't expect any evidence of her crimes or what she gave the men in exchange for her husband's murder.

(salam)

If my family were guilty of a crime ALL details wotuld be public,frankly I wouldnt care. Why shouldnt we expect details? I see details of high profile crimes all the time here.(UK) Whats the big deal?

2 men killed her husband for some nooky...highly unlikely!

Edited by Mohammed-W

(bismillah)

(salam)

The judges are well aware of the case, including confessions of the two men involved, statements by her children, relatives or neighbors who saw or heard things, as well as her own confession. Instead of confessing and then recanting her confession, she could have denied it from the beginning.

(wasalam)

Why would she confess, when she knows what the penalty for that is? How do we know a confession wasn't forced out of her? Did she confess on 4 seperate occasions, as required? If not, she has the right to recant her confession, does she not?

If the fornicator confesses his crime thrice, but refrains from the fourth confession, he cannot be punished. For a penalty to be lawful, it is necessary to confess four times.

Is any of the other evidence such as statements from the neighbours, confessions of the other men, and statements from her children, considered admissible in Islam in order to convict someone of adultery? If other evidence is going to be admitted, then it should be just as convincing as having four reliable witnesses, however 2 out of 5 of the judges supposedly didn't think she was guilty. It hardly sounds like the evidence was overwhelming.

The evidence against her probably will not be released, because Iran has a policy not to release information that will cause pain to the family. How would you like your relative's crimes to be in the newspapers, on television and spread around the world? The fact that she was involved in the murder of her husband is probably the only reason that her name has been mentioned. Iran has people in jail who are awaiting punishment who are known by the letters of their name, such as M.K, because the family of the criminal would be disgraced. Don't expect any evidence of her crimes or what she gave the men in exchange for her husband's murder.

If she was involved in her husband's murder then she should be tried for that, not adultery. With regards to sparing her family any pain, I think it's a bit late for that. The story has already spread across the world. I think that if the family agree to the information being released, then it should be. In this case they have claimed that the conviction is obviously unfair, and have asked the leaders in Iran to have a look at her file. So I doubt there is anything there that they wouldn't want released.

Shia Soldier, do you live in the England? Last time I checked, your YT account said you were from the UK.

Maybe you should have more respect for the country that puts up with a person like you.