Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Zahra1

Let's Help Reverts

Rate this topic

Alsalam alikum,

I always have been thinking about encouraging people to spread Islam as they can do, when we take a look on sunni and salfai forums,we can see how they work very hard...I have been a member in their forums since a year and a half year and I learned a lot of ways to how spread Islam from them. Actually,I have lots of revert sisters friends and some of them don't speak English Also,you were in the same position before. Let's teach them about the pure Islam(Shia Islam).

I really need much time to do this.

Edited by Zareen
email address removed

Assalamu Zahra,

thank you soo much for offering your help. I am glad I am finding so many helpfull ppl around Mashallah. So I am still in process of converting and I am glad i found my path. I feel much happier and although have been Christian for so many years, going to church and praying, always ready to help others I have never felt so close to God before. My husband is Shia and studying about both Sunni and Shia and talking to ppl who have converted from Sunni to Shia I think Shia is the right way to go. The more I learn the more questions I have. But at the end of the day we are learning all our life and as long as we try and do our best Allah (SWT) will not ask for more than we are capable of. I still din't tell my parents that I am converting and it is not going to be easy especially with my mum however I don't want others to decide about my life and if I think this is the right thing to do I will do it. They will simply have to accept and understand Inshallah.

Edited by Marzena

Alsalam alikum,

I always have been thinking about encouraging people to spread Islam as they can do, when we take a look on sunni and salfai forums,we can see how they work very hard...I have been a member in their forums since a year and a half year and I learned a lot of ways to how spread Islam from them. Actually,I have lots of revert sisters friends and some of them don't speak English,so if there is any sister here who interested to help them,she can to send my a private message. I ask for help from muslim sisters here,especially revert sisters,you know well this isn't an easy situation at all. Also,you were in the same position before. Let's teach them about the pure Islam(Shia Islam).

I really need much time to do this,so

I hope that you give me a hand...

Don't forget that Allah(swt) will reward you for this.

Why are you trying to lure sunni converts to shia islam, is this the akhlaq of ahlu albayt, why can't you make dawaa to non muslims on your shia forums instead of trying to re converting ppl who are already muslims !?

it seems to me that you cannot sell shia islam to non muslims .. this is really a desperate way to spread your sect ..

Edited by ARKAAN

Why are you trying to lure sunni converts to shia islam, is this the akhlaq of ahlu albayt, why can't you make dawaa to non muslims on your shia forums instead of trying to re converting ppl who are already muslims !?

it seems to me that you cannot sell shia islam to non muslims .. this is really a desperate way to spread your sect ..

It is already selling itself ARKAAN. Anyway it is what in your heart that counts, Allah (SWT) knows best. So what is in your heart then??

It is already selling itself ARKAAN. Anyway it is what in your heart that counts, Allah (SWT) knows best. So what is in your heart then??

I think I am on topic when I say this: can someone direct me towards an explanation of Shiism? I mean, I've looked around but everything I can find seems to be just the middle part of an argument that I need the background on to have any idea what is happening. Since this topic is about spreading Islam to nonmuslims or informing new Muslims of the more correct practice of Islam, I would like some information. Basically, sell me on being a Shia.

I think I am on topic when I say this: can someone direct me towards an explanation of Shiism? I mean, I've looked around but everything I can find seems to be just the middle part of an argument that I need the background on to have any idea what is happening. Since this topic is about spreading Islam to nonmuslims or informing new Muslims of the more correct practice of Islam, I would like some information. Basically, sell me on being a Shia.

I am also searching and I feel that asking people is not the best way to go because it is hard to show people where they need to start in the explanation. My recommendation is to read the book "Then I was Guided"... as it THOROUGHLY explains the basics... the foundation. Are you already Muslim? It kind of explains things from a Sunni point of view, so it may be really challenging to read if you do not at least have that background.

Here is a link to a copy online, for FREE!!! Each chapter has its own link...

http://www.al-islam.org/guided/

Here is a link to a page with many Shi'a online books for free as well... I have not read any, I just thought this may prove to be a helpful link to you in the near future.

http://shiaebooks.blogspot.com/

The reason I recommend reading a book instead of simply asking questions, is when you invest the time into truly learning about something, you have a greater appreciation for the knowledge you have gained. When we ask questions and wait for answers, two problems occur. 1. we don't always ask the right questions... we don't know about the subject, so sometimes we think we are asking something pertinent when in reality we are focusing on something very inconsequential. 2. when we go about it only through questions and discussion, we tend to be argumentative. But when you are alone with the information right in front of you, who is there to argue with but your own logic? I wish you the best of luck on your search for knowledge.

Asma

Salams,

You don't need to be 'sold' on it. Shiism is only following the direct order of Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and thus, the direct order to Allah(s.w.a) to accept and follow Ali ibn Abi Talib(a.s) or Imam Ali as our leader and sucessor to the Prophet(p.b.u.h) in his role of leadership of the Ummah. Then, to follow the sucessors of Imam Ali(a.s) who are Imam Hassan ibn Ali, Imam Hussein ibn Ali, Imam Ali ibn Hussein, Imam Muhammed Al Bakr, Imam Jafar As Sadiq, Imam Musa Al Kathim, Imam Ali ibn Musa Al Reda, Imam Muhammad Jawad, Imam Ali Al Hadi, Imam Hassan Al Askhari, (may peace be upon all of them) and finally to accept the leadership of our Living Imam Imam Mehdi (may Allah(s.w.a) hasten his return) and pray for his reapperance and support him upon his return. That is all. If you accept the leadership of Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h), then accept his sucessor(s).

I hadn't meant to imply anything negative with the word "sell," I had just thought it straightforward in its meaning. I am reading "Then I Was Guided" and I find it very helpful.

I know this is likely a basic question, but can I have documentation on Ali (as) being appointed by Muhammad (pbuh)?

Thanks for the links. I'm a new Muslim already, just deciding on the Sunni/Shia thing. I don't think it should matter which one is, but I kinda have to choose.

If you say "sell me on being on Shia" I think you are missing the point. It is not us who should make things clear to you but you have to find about things yourself. I can only recommend reading about differences between both and with help of Allah (SWT) you should come to conclusion.I have been reading alot and chose Shia as their principles are more logical and obvious to me.

Simple articles like this: http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter3/1.html or questions answered: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Islam-947/sunni-shiah.htm should already give you an idea. Try to read about successors of the Prophet according to both, try to find answers why Shia stresses importance of Immam Ali (A.S.). What identity of Immam is required in both and why. There is soo much to read and draw conclusion so have no idea why you were looking around and couldn't find what you were looking for. Wish you all the best and I am sure by reading, thinking through and analyzing you will not only widen your knowledge but also find answers to your questions Inshallah.

Edited by Marzena

I hadn't meant to imply anything negative with the word "sell," I had just thought it straightforward in its meaning. I am reading "Then I Was Guided" and I find it very helpful.

I know this is likely a basic question, but can I have documentation on Ali (as) being appointed by Muhammad (pbuh)?

http://www.dartabligh.org/books/audio/Ghadir%20Sermon.pdf

Salaam, If anyone wants to talk i am a re-vert been muslim for 3 yrs and shia for 1 1/2 years. I loved the book when i was guided and another book that is great for thoses who are looking btw sunni shia is on this site

http://www.al-islam.org/peshawar/

Hope this helps. I'm intrested in talking and getting to know converts like myself. Even non-converts who know lots about shiasm would be nice to know. I don't have any good friend/sisters here where i live and it'd be nice.

The most obvious and direct time was at Ghadir Khum immediately following the last Hajj of Our Prophet(p.b.u.h). Very extensive information and research on this event can be found here

This process of appointment was continous throught the life of the Prophet(p.b.u.h). There are many tens of ahadith accepted by both Sunni and Shia that attest to this. Most of these ahadith are covered here

Also, there is a very famous debate on the subject between Sunni and Shia ulema, recorded here

After looking at these three sources and thinking about what is said in them, I think that any fair minded person would definitely have no doubt about the fact that Imam Ali (a.s) was appointed by the Prophet, and thus by Allah(s.w.a) as sucessor to the Prophet in all Rasoulallah's duties , except wahiy (revelation) since he was the final person to receive this. Salams.

Thanks to all for all of the links, they have been very helpful! :)

I have a lot to think about, but I think I've made my mind considering how this perfectly makes sense to me. I feel lost, and unsure where to really start now. Looking for guidance, really, because there is so much to digest and I am isolated from any Muslim community.

Now, before I make a decision for sure, I have to find the answers to all of the problems leveled at Shiism. (I do this before I make my choice so I don't change my mind later if I find some problem I cannot handle later on.) Prayers would be nice if anyone feels like it.

Thanks to all for all of the links, they have been very helpful! :)

I have a lot to think about, but I think I've made my mind considering how this perfectly makes sense to me. I feel lost, and unsure where to really start now. Looking for guidance, really, because there is so much to digest and I am isolated from any Muslim community.

Now, before I make a decision for sure, I have to find the answers to all of the problems leveled at Shiism. (I do this before I make my choice so I don't change my mind later if I find some problem I cannot handle later on.) Prayers would be nice if anyone feels like it.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Praying for you, brother. Here are some more links:

http://www.shia.org/

http://shiaebooks.blogspot.com/

http://www.al-islam.org/anthology/index.htm

http://www.rafed.net/english/books/ethics/discourse-on-patience/index.html

click on "fullscreen" to view this one: http://www.shiabooks.ca/mahajjah.htm

Salam,

Good to hear that you are trying your best to know Islam. I think you’ve paved most of your way. Though I’m a shia, I’m not biased toward my sect. I’ve got many Sunni friends that are nice people indeed and we never get involved in discussions to prove who’s wrong or right. Actually when I’m with them, I forget that they’re Sunni and I’m Shia. According to my own experience, Sunni friends like Imam Ali and Ahlal bayt too.

Regarding your question, as you might have already noticed the difference between Shia and Sunni began when Prophet Mohammad passed away and the discussions over choosing the next leader of the Islamic community arose. Shias belief that during the Ghadir Al-Khumm event, the Prophet Mohammad has announced that Imam Ali is his successor and thus people should follow Imam Ali after Prophet Mohammad dies. Other debates came up over the time. Unfortunately some hypocrites are taking advantage of the differences between shia and sunni and add fuel to the fire.

I suggest that you ask your questions one by one so it’ll be easier to go through them enshaAllah.

God bless you

Alsalam alikum,

I'm really sorry, I started the topic and I didn't back to it.

Actually, I was busy with my study's procedures and I still busy with it.

These days, I'm trying to help lots of finnish reverts, I will try to advice them to register here.

Let's work together...

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~
Safety concerns.

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Dear Brothers and Sisters

I would be happy to help new converts to perfect their wudhu, ghrusl, prayer etc etc,

and i would love to teach converts about our Mola Ameer ul momineen Ali ibn Abi Talib (saas)

If you are interrested you can E-mail me or add my Hotmail

Canizares_60@msn.com

Ghulam Mahdi