Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sharon_Rosy

[LAWS]Eyebrow Piercing

Rate this topic

thats a good question.. not that id consider a piercing

I know from Sayyed Fadhlallah any piercing is allowed on a woman as long as it does not beautify her/ maker her stand out to non-mahram. So earings which dont show under hijab would be fine.. or something subtle under the hair if no hijab is present.

As for a guy I do not know. When it comes to how I look i try and imagine if Ahlul Bayt (as) would be upset seeing me how I am dressed.

Thats just my opinion however..

(bismillah)

(salam)

Any answers ?

I had pierced my ear recently. I think i read it somewhere its mustahab.

Don't know about eyebrow or piercing other parts of the body.

:!!!: Piercing mustahab for men? who told you that? Please entertain me. as far as i know, its a road to womanhood.its makrooh (Teshabuh bill nisaa!!!!) its arabic, Don't know how to say it in english.

Edited by youssefnayef

(salam)

(bismillah)

Piercing mustahab for men? who told you that?

The Imaams did.

وَ عَنْهُ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ سِنَانٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ ثَقْبُ أُذُنِ الْغُلَامِ مِنَ السُّنَّةِ وَ خِتَانُ الْغُلَامِ مِنَ السُّنَّةِ

"Piercing the ear of a boy is from sunnah, and circumcision of a boy is from the sunnah"

• Source:
  • Al-Kulaynee, Al-Kaafee, vol. 6, pg. 36, hadeeth # 5
    Grading:
  • Al-Majlisi graded this hadeeth as SaHeeH
    --> Mir'aat Al-'Uqool, vol. 21, pg. 64

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

(salam)

(bismillah)

Sunnis have similar narrations too. It's well and good to pierce the ear of a boy, but that doesn't mean you can wear an earring.

I am with avjar. Where is this narrated? Even if it is, I doubt it is considered authentic by the Sunnee scholars.

(salam)

(salam)

(bismillah)

^ Do the hadiths mention 'piercing' alone or 'earrings' too? that's what he is pointing to I think.

From what I have seen, the aHaadeeth related to this matter uses the word ثَقْبُ, which is translated as "pierce, hole, etc". I have NOT come across a SaHeeH hadeeth that talks about men wearing earrings.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

(salam)

It is quoted in Bihaar al-Anwaar from Maqtal of Khwarizmi, that on the day of Ashura, a child came out of the tent of Imam Husain (a.s) wearing earrings in both his ears. He was frightened and was looking towards the left and right while his earrings were shaking. Hani bin Sabeet attacked him and killed him.

----

Abu Ja'far Tabari relates from Hisham Kalbi that Abul Huzayl relates from a man named Sakuni who says that during the days of Khalid bin Ubaydullah, I saw Hani bin Sabeet Hazrami, who had turned old, saying in the gathering of the people (of the tribe of) Hazram that, "I was there in Karbala on the day of the martyrdom of Husain and was riding a horse alongwith other nine men. The horses were parading and galloping here and there. Suddenly a small child from among the family of Husain, wearing a shirt and trouser, came out of the tent. He held a peg of a tent in his hand; he was frightful and was looking towards the left and right. It is as if I see the two beads of earrings in his ears shaking, when he was turning his head. And it is as if I see that a horseman galloped towards him and on reaching him bent down and cut him into two pieces with his sword". Hisham says that Sakuni said, that the murderer of the child was Hani bin Sabeet himself, and he concealed his name in fear of reproach. "My eyes have not witnessed such children, whose grief would turn the hearts of men to be roasted on fire".

http://www.maaref-foundation.com/english/library/pro_ahl/imam03_husain/nafasul_mahmoom/28.htm

Wassalam

(salam)

It is quoted in Bihaar al-Anwaar from Maqtal of Khwarizmi, that on the day of Ashura, a child came out of the tent of Imam Husain (a.s) wearing earrings in both his ears. He was frightened and was looking towards the left and right while his earrings were shaking. Hani bin Sabeet attacked him and killed him.

----

Abu Ja'far Tabari relates from Hisham Kalbi that Abul Huzayl relates from a man named Sakuni who says that during the days of Khalid bin Ubaydullah, I saw Hani bin Sabeet Hazrami, who had turned old, saying in the gathering of the people (of the tribe of) Hazram that, "I was there in Karbala on the day of the martyrdom of Husain and was riding a horse alongwith other nine men. The horses were parading and galloping here and there. Suddenly a small child from among the family of Husain, wearing a shirt and trouser, came out of the tent. He held a peg of a tent in his hand; he was frightful and was looking towards the left and right. It is as if I see the two beads of earrings in his ears shaking, when he was turning his head. And it is as if I see that a horseman galloped towards him and on reaching him bent down and cut him into two pieces with his sword". Hisham says that Sakuni said, that the murderer of the child was Hani bin Sabeet himself, and he concealed his name in fear of reproach. "My eyes have not witnessed such children, whose grief would turn the hearts of men to be roasted on fire".

http://www.maaref-fo..._mahmoom/28.htm

Wassalam

So what does this story indicate ?

Is piercing allowed or not ?

Evidence?

I will find it for you, insha Allah.

(salam)

(bismillah)

I am with avjar. Where is this narrated? Even if it is, I doubt it is considered authentic by the Sunnee scholars.

(salam)

I will find it for you as well insha Allah.

^ Do the hadiths mention 'piercing' alone or 'earrings' too? that's what he is pointing to I think.

That's what I meant.

(salam)

(bismillah)

From what I have seen, the aHaadeeth related to this matter uses the word ËóÞúÈõ, which is translated as "pierce, hole, etc". I have NOT come across a SaHeeH hadeeth that talks about men wearing earrings.

(salam)

This is what I meant. I thought I was clear on that. There are no hadith that allow men to wear earrings.