Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
leb_cool

Is It Permissible To...

Rate this topic

I didn't see anything against that before.. but here's what I think he'll say: it's permissible as long as it doesn't attract attention or it's not against the ourf :D

my opinion is GO FOR IT! my friend started biking just a bit after she gave birth to go to uni and stuff and she got her shape back (maybe even better) in no time! plus it's waaaay better than cars! u know for the environment :D

I didn't see anything against that before.. but here's what I think he'll say: it's permissible as long as it doesn't attract attention or it's not against the ourf :D

my opinion is GO FOR IT! my friend started biking just a bit after she gave birth to go to uni and stuff and she got her shape back (maybe even better) in no time! plus it's waaaay better than cars! u know for the environment :D

honestly its against our ourf here.

and im talking about virgin girl...

honestly its against our ourf here.

and im talking about virgin girl...

Riding a bike will definitely not remove your virginity. Only one thing can do that and it is not a bike.

Lack of movement or exercise, however, is the main cause of fat-on-my-thigh, often accompanyied by gelatinous-mass-neath-the-abaya syndrome....both heartbreaking disorders. :cry:

Edited by Maryaam

Riding bicycle is immodest and therefore totally haram. It is also against the urf. Girls who ride bicycles in Muslim towns are seen as flirtatious, having no shame and thus easy grabs.

Riding bicycle is immodest and therefore totally haram. It is also against the urf. Girls who ride bicycles in Muslim towns are seen as flirtatious, having no shame and thus easy grabs.

i'm afraid this is the first time i'd have to agree with you. @)

Lack of movement or exercise, however, is the main cause of fat-on-my-thigh, often accompanyied by gelatinous-mass-neath-the-abaya syndrome....both heartbreaking disorders. :cry:

+ 1

Oh c'mon, is this a serious question? What the heck is wrong with riding a bike?? I mean, what the?? I also tie up my laces in public, is that makrooh?

Marbles, i'm guessing you're either joking or assuming that the clothing will be revealing/tight when bike riding? You could always wear modest clothing.

Also, if thats still an issue, buy a stationary bike so you can ride in the privacy of your own home.

well if it's against the urf then hmmmm.. if u don't mind standing out in the crowed then do it.. but if u think it'll harm ur reputation y bother..

Riding a bike will definitely not remove your virginity. Only one thing can do that and it is not a bike.

EXACTLY!

Oh c'mon, is this a serious question? What the heck is wrong with riding a bike?? I mean, what the?? I also tie up my laces in public, is that makrooh?

LOOL!

Marbles, are you joking?

No its not haram as long as its considered normal in the country you live in. I for example live in Holland where everyone rides a bike, so its normal to do it too. So no its not Haram and what does this have to do with virginity? LOL

No its not haram as long as its considered normal in the country you live in. I for example live in Holland where everyone rides a bike, so its normal to do it too. So no its not Haram and what does this have to do with virginity? LOL

INNIT!!!!!

I swear, all the threads in the sisters forum are ruining my mood. I had no idea we were this 'ill-informed'. riding a bicycle..puhleaze

As for Marbles, I actually understand what he means. Again, I think it is more culture than religion to be honest. Within certain eastern societies riding a bike is considered immodest etc.

It is even possible to attach it to religion in the sense that, you can't ride a bike wearing a skirt. (it is simply not possibly and my heart aches for those who tried and failed :)) and according to ayat. Sistani, wearing trousers( if it reveals the contours of her body or would normally arouse temptation.) is not always permissible which then means that although riding a bike may be permissible..there is no way you can, unless you wear trousers but then your attire becomes non-hijabi in the sense that when you sit down, no matter how loose trousers, they appear to be real tight.

Alhamdulillah I never rode a bike after I converted. :Hijabi:

Assalamu Aleykum Sisters,

I think this is interesting. I wonder how it went from riding bikes to virginity in a matter of seconds, but that's neither here nor there.. Anyways.. I'm a little confused about this thread too... Are you guys telling me that you can't ride a bike????? IF you are female??? I think I would agree with another thread that said it would have to do with culture rather than religion.. because, call me ignorant but the whole thing just seems kinda weird. lol.. I obviously love bike riding, but I also live in the west, so I could be biased.. I just don't see the significance.. or the importance as to why bike riding is haraam.

Allah Knowz Best!!!!

Salaam

salam

nobody of u all answered the question of the thread..

actually i dont know it too, what Said Sistani says but if its really important for her to know so u could send a question to his office..

but anyways i would say it depends in which country and society u live... if its normal that ppl riding bikes and even alot of muslims and nobody look at u in wrong way when u pass by so i would say its normal..

but there r counrties where its very weired if a girl rides a bike or a moto.. so that ppl talk about her..

it dont bother me but ya if some1 makes ppl talk (even if its not ur mistake) so it might be better to dont do so.. but well riding a moto and bike for a muslim-girl is not the same too

salam

Salam!

Wow... A girl can NOT lose her virginity by riding a bike. Because being a virgin means being sexually untouched. BUT the hymen often tears during sports, bike riding and/or horse back riding, because it a very thin layer of tissue. It is so thin that rubbing can easily tear it, so when a girl is running around the soccer field, or riding a bicycle she can cause enough friction to tear it.

So basically.. a woman should never move because she can "lose her virginity" if the hymen tears up?

Wasalam

Salam!

Wow... A girl can NOT lose her virginity by riding a bike. Because being a virgin means being sexually untouched. BUT the hymen often tears during sports, bike riding and/or horse back riding, because it a very thin layer of tissue. It is so thin that rubbing can easily tear it, so when a girl is running around the soccer field, or riding a bicycle she can cause enough friction to tear it.

So basically.. a woman should never move because she can "lose her virginity" if the hymen tears up?

Wasalam

(salam)

Your explanation is right so no she is not ''losing her virginity'' because sexually she is untouched.

(wasalam)

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia

(salam)

Your explanation is right so no she is not ''losing her virginity'' because sexually she is untouched.

(wasalam)

Well then this sort of ends the discussion? :P hehe

What I found from S. Sistani's website is that driving a motorcycle for women is allowed if the woman can maintain her hijab. But even in that case, it's better not to.

Nothing is mentioned about whether the woman is virgin or not.

I've heard the same about horse back riding and bike riding.

السؤال: هل یجوز للمرأة سیاقة الدراجة الهوائیة ؟

الجواب: یجوز اذا تمکنت من حفظ حجابها کاملا ومع ذلك فالافضل ترکه .

http://sistani.org/l...v&nid=5&cid=124 Edited by Zeinab.

What I found from S. Sistani's website is that driving a motorcycle for women is allowed if the woman can maintain her hijab. But even in that case, it's better not to.

Nothing is mentioned about whether the woman is virgin or not.

I've heard the same about horse back riding and bike riding.

Would that make this a matter of what your marja says?

Well then this sort of ends the discussion? :P hehe

LOL apparently not :D:P

I seriously dont know what got people to this subject of a women losing her virginity while the OP's question was if riding a bicycle is allowed or not :donno:

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia

LOL apparently not :D:P

I seriously dont know what got people to this subject of a women losing her virginity while the OP's question was if riding a bicycle is allowed or not :donno:

LOL! Someone (I dont feel like reading every post again:P) mentioned virginity.

Dont hurt me with your brazillian jiu jitsu!

Hey, i'm only joking lol, i can be nice when i want to :squeez:

tc

Lol, I dont like to use bjj outside the gym :) Especially not via internet! :o