Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How Do You Write A Soora Then Drink It?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

The Sura is written on paper using Saffron ( زَعْفَرَان za'farān) water.

The paper is dipped in a glass or jug of water. So that some saffron dissolves in the water.

Water is than drank.

WS

Edited by Orion

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

The Sura is written on paper using Saffron ( ÒóÚúÝóÑóÇä za'farān) water.

The paper is dipped in a glass or jug of water. So that some saffron dissolves in the water.

Water is than drank.

WS

(wasalam)

thank you brother.

One more question, does it matter what kind of paper to write it on? because what if the ink of the paper falls into the water?, isn't that poisonous?

• Advanced Member

(wasalam)

thank you brother.

One more question, does it matter what kind of paper to write it on? because what if the ink of the paper falls into the water?, isn't that poisonous?

Thats why you don't use any Ink.

Instead of ink you use Saffron water.

Saffron is edible. People put Saffron in food.

Paper is plain paper.

You will have to make Saffron water yourself. Just get some pure edible Saffron and mix a little with some water. Let it soak for some time. The water will turn orange. Use a tooth pick as pen.

WS

• Advanced Member

Thats why you don't use any Ink.

Instead of ink you use Saffron water.

Saffron is edible. People put Saffron in food.

Paper is plain paper.

You will have to make Saffron water yourself. Just get some pure edible Saffron and mix a little with some water. Let it soak for some time. The water will turn orange. Use a tooth pick as pen.

WS

(wasalam)

Thank you brother, you really helped. Inshallah Allah rewards you (be7ag mohammad wa Aalehi)

• Advanced Member

AFAIK, such narrations are mentioned in Tibb al-Aimmah but they are weak in isnad.

w/s

Does that mean some things mentioned in Mafatih al Jinan are not authentic? And that this eating/ drinking duas is one of those things?

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Correct. There are other things mentioned in that book that are not authentic as well.

was salam

THEY SHOULD REALLY PUT THAT ON THE COVER OF THE BOOK! How is a reader supposed to distinguish between what is authentic and what is not?! I feel so stupid for thinking Mafatih al Jinan and Nahjul Balagha were actually reliable!

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

THEY SHOULD REALLY PUT THAT ON THE COVER OF THE BOOK! How is a reader supposed to distinguish between what is authentic and what is not?! I feel so stupid for thinking Mafatih al Jinan and Nahjul Balagha were actually reliable!

tbh, i have no idea :/

it's worse that they sell some books that they say are written by an Imam (as), but it wasn't really written by him (as) (or at least it hasn't been proven to have been written by an Imam)

Of course, not all weak hadiths/duas should be rejected, For example, some 'ulema say that Dua Kumayl has some gaps in the chain, but obviously the content is perfectly acceptable.

But there are some other things that are exaggerated, if not completely fabricated.

Generally, there's no problem with the duas that are completely focused on God Almighty.

For example:

http://www.duas.org/invocation.htm

http://www.duas.org/thumali.htm

http://www.duas.org/sabah.htm

http://www.duas.org/kumayl.htm

(and there's many others)

even if these duas had the weakest chains possible, their content is so perfect and beautiful that it is in-line with with the words of our Imams (as) and the Word of God in the Quran, so there's no problem with them

but then there's some other things in there are are questionable

was salam

Edited by lotfilms

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

You are welcome.

While we are at at, here is a document file with benefits of different Quranic Suras:

Benefits Of Certain Suras

Need your prayers.

WS

(salam)

may god have mercy on you and your family, thank you.

The document you gave me is empty but i appreciate your positive intentions. To be honest I didn't buy suffron yet, but i will later when I'm free inshallah.

regarding some things in the mafateeh aljinan being weak or not, i remember a hadeeth from imam alsadiq saying that everything positive and doesn't contradict the quran, from the duaa's and Aamal and the chain goes back to ahlel bait or the prophet, Allah will reward you for what was said if you believe it. all about intentions I guess

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

The file is not empty.

You must have tried to open it in the browser.

Instead save it on the desktop and open it with Microsoft Word.

WS

(wasalam)

:!!!: I'm currently using an old computer and it opens in wordpad. My gaming computer(right beside this computer) is being used by my brother, so inshallah when he sleeps i will check it out.

Salams

• Advanced Member

Who said Nahjul Balagha was unreliable?

http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/misconceptions.php

From my understanding there have been questions brought up by certain scholars of our brothers not on its authancity as a whole, but in the parts regarding the first 2 caliphs, Umar and Abu Bakr.

It is important to note that even Ibn Khallikan, al-Dhahabi and Ibn Hajar did not question the authenticity of the attribution of Nahj-ul-Balagha in its entirety to Amir-al-Momeneen. They were mainly skeptical of those parts which were critical of the Caliphs Abu Bakr and 'Umar.

• Veteran Member

Who said Nahjul Balagha was unreliable?

http://www.nahjulbal...conceptions.php

From my understanding there have been questions brought up by certain scholars of our brothers not on its authancity as a whole, but in the parts regarding the first 2 caliphs, Umar and Abu Bakr.

(salam)

From Ayatollah Sayyid Fadlullah

Q: To what extent is Nahj El-Balagha deemed authentic? Can we ascribe its contents to Imam Ali (a.s.)? 11/29/2006 1:59:01 PM

A: Not all what is stated in Nahj Al-Balagha can be ascribed to Imam Ali (a.s). Hence, every reference of every speech or word must be studied. Nahj Al-Balagha is also not written by Ashareif Ar-Radi and many religious scholars have talked about its references in more than one book.

Publish Date: 12/28/2006 1:59:09 PM

(wasalam)

Edited by AlMuttaqi

• Advanced Member

(salam)

From Ayatollah Sayyid Fadlullah

(wasalam)

Wa Alaikum as-Salaam WR WB,

I've gone through many sources so far, and none have said what Ayatullah Fadlallah has said:

http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/contents.htm

http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/sources.htm

http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=1595

http://www.al-islam.org/Organizations/Aalimnetwork/msg00130.html

Ayatullah Mutaharri states that all contents, except for a few minor aphorisms, of Nahjul Balagha have been sourced and determined:

http://www.al-islam.org/al-tawhid/glimpses/1.htm

Does anyone have answers from any of the other Marja?

I do agree that we should study all the words and confirm its authenticity.

Edited by Superman4ever

• Advanced Member

(it's worse that they sell some books that they say are written by an Imam (as), but it wasn't really written by him (as) (or at least it hasn't been proven to have been written by an Imam)

Can you give examples of books attributed to an Imam that cannot be proven?

In fact, how many books do we have that are attributed to an Imam? These are the ones that come to my mind:

Nahjul Balagha

Sahifa Sajjadiya

Misbah al-Shariah (translated into English as Lantern of the Path)

Risalat al-Huquq (Treatise on rights)

Tafsir attributed to Imam Askari

I know theres a tafsir attributed to Imam Sadiq too but its a Sufi tafsir so probably its authenticity is easy to reject from a Shia point of view.

Any others? And which of them are unanimously believe by Shia scholars to have been written by Imams?

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Could someone post some information on " Lantern of the Path" is it weak and if so the information on that?

(wasalam)

Yes it's not proven to be from Imam al-Sadiq (as)

ãÕÈÇÍ ÇáÔÑíÚÉ æãÝÊÇÍ ÇáÍÞíÞÉ . ãäÓæÈ Åáì ÇáÅãÇã ÇáÕÇÏÞ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã æåæ áã íËÈÊ

http://www.alradhy.com/book/searsh/tf.htm

w/s

• Advanced Member

In that case what books apart from Nahjul Balagha, Sahifa Sajjadiya and Risalat al-Huquq do we actually have from the Imams? (I'm assuming there isnt much dispute regarding these 3?)

(bismillah)

(salam)

What about the al-kafi? doesn't have alot of narrations that are not present in any of these books?

Edited by youssefnayef

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Can you give examples of books attributed to an Imam that cannot be proven?

In fact, how many books do we have that are attributed to an Imam? These are the ones that come to my mind:

Nahjul Balagha

Sahifa Sajjadiya

Misbah al-Shariah (translated into English as Lantern of the Path)

Risalat al-Huquq (Treatise on rights)

Tafsir attributed to Imam Askari

1) Nahjul Balagha wasn't written by Imam Ali (as). It was written a few hundred years after his(as) death by al-Radhi. It's a compilation of Imam Ali(as)'s sermons, letters, sayings, etc from different sources. But it wasn't written by Imam Ali(as)

2) As for the tafsir attributed to Imam al-Askari (as), it has been discussed here:

As for al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiya and Risalat al-Huquq, even if there are some problems with the chains, their content is 100% authentic, if we judge them according to the Quran.

was salam

Edited by lotfilms

• Veteran Member

Yes it's not proven to be from Imam al-Sadiq (as)

ãÕÈÇÍ ÇáÔÑíÚÉ æãÝÊÇÍ ÇáÍÞíÞÉ . ãäÓæÈ Åáì ÇáÅãÇã ÇáÕÇÏÞ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã æåæ áã íËÈÊ

http://www.alradhy.c...k/searsh/tf.htm

w/s

(salam)

Jazaka Allahu Khair akhi.

And what about

Tawheed Al-Mufadhdhal

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

And what about

Tawheed Al-Mufadhdhal

This book is Da'eef and should not be taken.

1. The primary narrator, Al-MufaDDal ibn 'Umar Al-Ju'fee, is Da'eef, according to our famous Rijaal scholars. So that puts the whole book into question and we shouldn't take information from this book.
    He is Da'eef according to:
    • Al-Najaashee, Rijaal, pg. 416
    • Al-Hillee, Al-KhulaaSah, pg. 258
    • Al-GhaDaa-iree, Kitaab Al-Du'afaa, pg. 88

[*]There have been some things in this book that goes against modern scientific findings. That would be impossible for our Imaams to go against modern science

As you can see this book should not be taken.

(salam)

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

This book is Da'eef and should not be taken.

1. The primary narrator, Al-MufaDDal ibn 'Umar Al-Ju'fee, is Da'eef, according to our famous Rijaal scholars. So that puts the whole book into question and we shouldn't take information from this book.
    He is Da'eef according to:
    • Al-Najaashee, Rijaal, pg. 416
    • Al-Hillee, Al-KhulaaSah, pg. 258
    • Al-GhaDaa-iree, Kitaab Al-Du'afaa, pg. 88

[*]There have been some things in this book that goes against modern scientific findings. That would be impossible for our Imaams to go against modern science

As you can see this book should not be taken.

(salam)

ÞÇá ãÍãÏ Èä ÓäÇä¡ ÍÏËäí ÇáãÝÖá Èä ÚãÑ ÞÇá

Yes it's daif and a/c to the its sanad Muhammad b. Sinan narrated it from al-Mufadhal b. Umar which makes it more daif.

w/s

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Jazaka allahu khair to you both

So anything with Muhammad b. Sinan in da'ef - what is said about him?

could one of you post a few different translations of what the rijal books say about him insha Allah?

(wasalam)

Edited by AlMuttaqi