In the Name of God بسم الله

Brother Basim

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

(salam)

I would like to invite brother basim as he is a follower of sisstani to enter this topic and answer a question.

and please i ask everyone else to stay out of this.

Brother basim if you will answer

Why does Sisstani say not to call sunni's our brothers?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ATQC7as4gOg

(wasalam)

Edited by AlMuttaqi

• Veteran Member

(salam),

Uhh... because he is a supporter of unity with the Ahlul Sunnah sect? :unsure:

So?

I advise we continue this discussion in PM, if it's not for anybody else, besides us.

wa (salam)

Edited by Basim Ali

• Veteran Member

I think you didn't understand the statement.

Ayatullah Sistani's statement mentioned is:

'Do not say the Sunnis are our brothers. Say they are ourselves.' ... which means he's asking us not to differentiate between the Shias and the Sunnis (and take them as one of 'us').

Edited by Basim Ali

• Advanced Member

(salam)

but his statement contradicts it's self, clearly we are brothers, why say not to call them brothers and yet say your self.

the sunni's are not shia and the shia are not sunni.

but we are brothers.

well regardless, of this as you know imam ali (as) said "Man is either your brother in faith or your brother in humanity" besides this exxplain to me his roll in calming the shia's that were ready to fight the American invasion does he still do this siding with the hand of shaytan stuff?

(wasalam)

Although I believe it is only politics, he means love them as you love yourself.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

i do get the exaggeration but it would have been more inline with the teachings of ahlul bayt (as) to say take them as your brothers. as you know brothers can be close, we know clearly we are not on the same to say "ourselves" but we are close enough to say brothers and sisters.

(wasalam)

Edited by AlMuttaqi

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I would like to invite brother basim as he is a follower of sisstani to enter this topic and answer a question.

and please i ask everyone else to stay out of this.

Brother basim if you will answer

Why does Sisstani say not to call sunni's our brothers?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ATQC7as4gOg

(wasalam)

(salam)

There are 100 of other followers of sistani then why just him? ( no i am not follower of sistani but this thread is weird) and in end of the video sunni appreciated sistani's view and he didn't have any objection on sistani's view.

(wasalam)

Edited by s.a.b

• Veteran Member

(salam)

but his statement contradicts it's self, clearly we are brothers, why say not to call them brothers and yet say your self.

the sunni's are not shia and the shia are not sunni.

but we are brothers.

well regardless, of this as you know imam ali (as) said "Man is either your brother in faith or your brother in humanity" besides this explain to me his role in calming the shia's that were ready to fight the American invasion does he still do this siding with the hand of shaytan stuff?

and what would he say if say someone needed as an example to take something haram as the only medical remedy such as if pig was the only remedy would he say "no"?

(wasalam)

First, his statement would contradict itself, if he had also said that they are our brothers. He didn't.

Second, sure, Shias are not Sunnis and Sunnis are not Shias. But, we follow the same religion, the same Prophet (pbuh), believe in the same God, the same book, bow towards the same Kaa'ba... We live together, sit together, marry each other, pray together, live in harmony and solitude together... and have done this for hundreds of years. It is a shame if we're still not ready to accept them as one of ourselves.

Sure, we are brothers. But we are one, under the banner of a single religion - Islam.

Third, calling the Sunnis as 'one of us' wasn't a political tactic of his. In fact, last time I checked Ayatullah Sistani has always tried to stay away from politics and only interfered when the need arose. All of what is left of Iraq today, is because of him and a few other religious and political figures in Iraq. Otherwise, Iraq would be Gaza II today - Alhumdolillah, it isn't.

As for your query about whether swine is permissible to be consumed during disease, I don't know. I'll email his office, and let you know as soon as I get an answer, Inshallah.

wa (salam)

• Advanced Member

First, his statement would contradict itself, if he had also said that they are our brothers. He didn't.

Second, sure, Shias are not Sunnis and Sunnis are not Shias. But, we follow the same religion, the same Prophet (pbuh), believe in the same God, the same book, bow towards the same Kaa'ba... We live together, sit together, marry each other, pray together, live in harmony and solitude together... and have done this for hundreds of years. It is a shame if we're still not ready to accept them as one of ourselves.

Sure, we are brothers. But we are one, under the banner of a single religion - Islam.

Third, calling the Sunnis as 'one of us' wasn't a political tactic of his. In fact, last time I checked Ayatullah Sistani has always tried to stay away from politics and only interfered when the need arose. All of what is left of Iraq today, is because of him and a few other religious and political figures in Iraq. Otherwise, Iraq would be Gaza II today - Alhumdolillah, it isn't.

As for your query about whether swine is permissible to be consumed during disease, I don't know. I'll email his office, and let you know as soon as I get an answer, Inshallah.

wa (salam)

Do not consider religious "authorities" to be independent. Governments hold them by the neck. And most of them wouldn't qualify as scholars, for true scholars do not get their daily bread from being a sheikh. They all proclaim that we should follow the Prophet, yet none of them is in the battelfield, nor is any of them working in society. The Prophet was a merchant and would spread Islam at the same time. Was the Prophet paid for spreading Islam or answering people's questions?

(salam)

Edited by fallah

• Advanced Member

(salam)

He (ra) has made a beautiful comment on unity. By ourselves he means "Muslims", since Sunnis are Muslims, and arguably a few are more devout than some of our own brethren who don't even do wajibat.

(salam)

well regardless, of this as you know imam ali (as) said "Man is either your brother in faith or your brother in humanity" besides this explain to me his role in calming the shia's that were ready to fight the American invasion does he still do this siding with the hand of shaytan stuff?

(wasalam)

They are brothers in our faith, even if they are misguided. Rasool Allah said you cannot say someone some is a disbeliever if he believes in Tawhid.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

but how does saying to NOT call sunni's your brother help unity?

nah i would like people to ponder on this.

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

i have, and the quranic aya comes to mind

say to the arab bedouins that they should not say we are believers but say we submit for belief has not yet entered your heart

so he is trying to make this saying they are our brothers enter our hearts and souls

so that there is no fitna and fasad on this earth

very sad thread indeed

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Sayyed Seestani presumable told him to address the Sunnis ourselves, this doesn't mean he is disrespectful to the Sunni. Am I misunderstanding the video or are you? :unsure:

you understood correctly. on end of the video, sunni seems happy with sistani's view.

(wasalam)

• Veteran Member

Ayatullah Sistani (a.r) is top cleric at this moment. Such topics will not change any reality. I do not want to say anything about a scholar of Beirut at this moment though this thread is set due to him. Enough is to say that one must follow and "Aalam" (Most Knowledgeable). Being Most Knowledgeable is so far his Ijtehad itself is doubtful.