Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, kamyar said:

However, at this point one can say if this promiscuity, this abnormality, these sexual harassments – even male on male!- these children being born out of wedlock, ridiculously trying to change the meaning and nature of marriage, these abortions, this collapse of family and household structure, violence and vandalism in places such as schools, these so many children living in home without a father, this percentage of one person households, these several tens of millions infected by sexually transmitted disease, this rate of using illegal drugs and consumption of alcohol, and that a person like Trump* having first or second chance of becoming the president of a country etc etc are outcome of freedom of speech in the US, then either freedom of speech is not a good thing or the one is going on in the US isn't a good one.

So there are things here to ponder upon seriously. Don't you agree?   

Yes....but The things you list are not or not solely the result of freedom of speech. They exist in countries with far less freedoms than here.

But my point in posting was that you said you  felt people of your opinions should be more energetic in getting their views out. People rail against homosexuality, drugs, drink, what have you ...day and night...all the time here... on all forms of media.

There is no restriction on them, or anyone else, so long as they do not do something that can be directly proven to cause harm. (There are some exceptions in schools and where children are concerned) 

That's why I'm a bit surprised that places like the UK ban folks for speech that would be debated, but allowed, over here ...and I have never figured out why France bans pieces of cloth.( Especially since my Dad while doing his time in the military was stopped  in France on his way to the Korean War and the women on the beaches in France even way back then were not too concerned about pieces of cloth at all, he said )

Freedom of speech is generally a necessary thing for a healthy society.imho.

19 hours ago, kamyar said:

The Yellow dog is the jackal's brother (a Persian proverb)! 

Lol. Yes,that is a rather perfect description of the current election....

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

Thoughts:

I want to learn this language. Beautiful script <3

ესეიგი, დავასკვენი რომ უმეტესად ისინი გადარია (მცირე გამონაკლისების გარდა) ვისაც მანამდე არ ჰქონდა სხვა ანტი-უტოპიური ნაწარმოებები წაკითხული და გული გახეთქილი  მომეწონა ძალიან, მაგრამ ფარენჰეიტი მაინც უფრო მიყვარს და მემგონი ჰაქსლიც უფრო მომეწონება. ზოგ მომენტში მეტად დამაჯერებელი რომ ყოფილიყო უფრო მომეწონებოდა :-? როცა ეს წიგნი დაიწერა რეალური ჩანდა ალბათ ასეთი სამყარო, მაგრამ ახლა მე სხვა სტილით, უფრო არაპირდაპირი და ნაკლებად შესამჩნევი კონტროლი უფრო დამაჯერებლად მეჩვნება

• Moderators

^ Georgian, eh? I've never seen this alphabet before. You are right, it is beautiful. Do you have an audio of what it sounds like? What language group is it? What is it similar to?

I used Google translate. 

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, notme said:

^ Georgian, eh? I've never seen this alphabet before. You are right, it is beautiful. Do you have an audio of what it sounds like? What language group is it? What is it similar to?

I used Google translate. 

This is Mkhedruli script. Georgian itself is thought to have shared a common South Caucasian language. Remarkable that a small language surrounded by larger ones (Russian, Turkish etc) has retained a very independent script and lexicon. 

A Georgian friend linked me to this recording of a poem by Galaktion Tabidze "Me and a Night" 

Edited by Marbles
  • Veteran Member
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:13 PM, notme said:

@Marbles wow, it does sound beautiful, not similar sounding to any other language that I've heard. Nice reading too.

To me it sounded like an incantation from a 1930s horror movie with appropriate pictures.

:egg: Happy Hollow'een :braveheart:

:respect: Divergent Opinions

• Moderators
On 10/19/2016 at 10:04 AM, IbnSina said:

Lol... these guys, one clown worse than the other:

Haha abu hajaar(la), it was his first day at work.

Poor Abu Hajaar got yelled at so much more than everyone else. Obviously wasn't as good as everyone else at extracting rockets for the people/for the vehicles. But, then again, at least he wasn't the guy who almost shot a rocket without taking the safety cap off.

• Veteran Member

49i3_426034699_4909.jpg

Seek Imam Husain from Allah and seek Allah from Imam Husain.

Seyed Hashem Hadad

Hi is right! If we take a look at Ziarat Ashura, somewhere in the dua we ask Allah for being with Imam Husain:

فَأَسْأَلُ اللّٰهَ … أَنْ يَـجْعَلَنِي مَعَكُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ، وَأَنْ يُثَبِّتَ لِي عِنْدَكُمْ قَدَمَ صِدْقٍ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ

And I ask Him (Allah) that … He place me with you – both in the transient world and also in the next life – and that he make me firm in your presence with a truthful stance both in the transient world and also the next life.

وَأَسْأَلُهُ أَنْ يُبَلِّغَنِي الْـمَقامَ الْـمَحْمُودَ لَكُمْ عِنْدَ اللّٰهِ

And I ask Him (Allah) that He enables me to reach to the honoured station with you in the presence of Allah

And somewhere else in the dua, we are asking Imam Husain for the tagharob to Allah.

يَا أَبَا عَبْدِ اللّٰهِ، إِنِّي أَتَقَرَّبُ إِلىٰ اللّٰهِ

O Aba-`Abdullah, I do seek nearness to Allah

https://www.al-islam.org/torch-perpetual-guidance-expose-ziyarat-ashura-ali-asghar-azizi-tehrani/arabic-english-text-ziyarat

http://www.duas.org/ashura/z_ashura.htm

• Veteran Member

@Darth Vader  In your film strip above, one of the headlines has Goldman Sachs. l posted in "Snowden Revelations" an nsa.gov press release and one of the reviewers is from Goldman-S.

Coincidence?  :book:

Edited by hasanhh
spellin agin
  • Advanced Member
15 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Seriously? l can answer that.

It just amazes me how events like this have become part of a culture, and how these days have become the love-days for large retail businesses....

When the common man struggles to tell us the story behind it loool

• Veteran Member
1 minute ago, E.L King said:

It just amazes me how events like this have become part of a culture, and how these days have become the love-days for large retail businesses....

When the common man struggles to tell us the story behind it loool

"Hallowed Eve" was a religious convenience for Feast Days. Now, it is a Fun Day.

As to retail, this A.M. a network/network was running a segment on "Saving for Christmas". Hallow'een is still over a week away.

As said 40 years ago, "They run it into the ground".

• Advanced Member
On 10/15/2016 at 2:37 PM, E.L King said:

The hadith says that Al-Zubayr and his killer are both in Hellfire. And his repentance is of no use, he should have done what Al-Hurr Ibn Yazid (R) did, Al-Zubayr was a Sahabi and he should know the status of Imam Ali (A). He should have joined Imam Ali (A) and fought the baghi (rebellious) group as ordered by Allah (SWT) in His Book. Those who were "neutral" did not perform their wajib which is to support the Imam of their time.

And also, the famous hadith about the one who dies with no Imam, dies the death of Jahiliyya...

Nobody is saying Zubayr b. al-Awwam chose the best option when leaving the battlefield altogether. He clearly repented for fighting against the Imam and left the battlefield. When al-Zubayr's killer brought the sword to Imam Ali, the Imam prayed for al-Zubayr's forgiveness.

Most Shi'i today pair up Talha b. Ubaydallah and al-Zubayr as though they are both in the same boat. Talha was staunchly pro-Umayyed and fought the Imam until he died, whereas al-Zubayr was closer to banu Hashim and . There are several ahadith that state that al-Zubayr remained with the ahl al-Bayt until his son matured (his son was to blame). Al-Zubayr fought with Umar b. al-Khattab at Saqifa as well.

Bring an authentic hadith from Shi'i sources that says both al-Zubayr and his killer are both in hell-fire. Good luck.

One that dies without recognizing the Imam of their time, does not mean they are destined for hell-fire automatically. I'm sure you don't believe that all Sunnis will be thrown into hell-fire.

Edited by Jaabir
  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Jaabir said:

Nobody is saying Zubayr b. al-Awwam chose the best option when leaving the battlefield altogether. He clearly repented for fighting against the Imam and left the battlefield. When al-Zubayr's killer brought the sword to Imam Ali, the Imam prayed for al-Zubayr's forgiveness.

Most Shi'i today pair up Talha b. Ubaydallah and al-Zubayr as though they are both in the same boat. Talha was staunchly pro-Umayyed and fought the Imam until he died, whereas al-Zubayr was closer to banu Hashim and . There are several ahadith that state that al-Zubayr remained with the ahl al-Bayt until his son matured (his son was to blame). Al-Zubayr fought with Umar b. al-Khattab at Saqifa as well.

Bring an authentic hadith from Shi'i sources that says both al-Zubayr and his killer are both in hell-fire. Good luck.

One that dies without recognizing the Imam of their time, does not mean they are destined for hell-fire automatically. I'm sure you don't believe that all Sunnis will be thrown into hell-fire.

There are only two options, either with the Imam or not. There is no third option, and this is outlined by the Holy Qur'an -

And if two factions among the believers should fight, then make settlement between the two. But if one of them oppresses the other, then fight against the one that oppresses until it returns to the ordinance of Allah. And if it returns, then make settlement between them in justice and act justly. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

[Al-Hujurat]

Those who were "neutral" did not fulfill this obligation that Allah (SWT) has obligated. 

Furthermore, the obedience to the Imam (AS) is like the obedience to the Holy Prophet (S) and this is proven through countless hadiths, notably Hadith Al-Ghadir and also Ayat Al-Wilaya in the Holy Qur'an.

What would be your position if someone remained "neutral" between the Holy Prophet (S) and the mushrikeen?

And yes, one that dies without recognising their Imam dies the death of deviance and kufr. This is actually what the sahih hadiths say. In fact, this the the position of our scholars, and it has been for hundreds of years, regarding the status of the mukhalif, the rejector of the Wilaya of Ahlulbayt. 

The only ones that will be saved are the mustad'afeen and the Hadith are explicit about this. In fact, Sayyed Al-Khoei explicitly stated this.

Also brother, I would love if we continue this conversation in our PMs, some members feel agitated that we are arguing in the Thoughts Thread. 

Edited by E.L King
  • Advanced Member
On October 20, 2016 at 5:45 PM, E.L King said:

Who created Halloween?

If you are actually asking....Quick version:The Celts. In ancient times. No one knows how old it is.  It was called Samhain and was their harvest festival. It was also thought to be one of the times of the year when the spirits of the dead could more easily pass into this one. People had feasts to welcome their dead relatives ,wore masks and costumes to impersonate them or frighten off evil spirits, and played games ,cut faces into hollowed out turnips and gourds to carry  as  " jack o lanterns" whilst going door to door playing tricks n their neighbors and asking for food ( treats) and had other celebrations depending  upon region.
The Church, on the other hand, had celebrations to honor dead saints from about the 500's on. The Feast of All Saints was usually held in the spring, but populations in Celtic Northern Europe started holding their church feast day ,logically, when they had always honored their dead, which was the night of the 31 of October through Nov.1.
Nov. 1 was called " "All Saints" or " All Hallows'" and Oct. 31 was " All Hallow's Eve" ( Hallowe'en).  Different cultural Traditions were combined with the Christian feast days.
Today, we have on the Church liturgical calendar All Hallows' Eve, All Saints ( Nov 1) and All Souls ( Nov.2) to honor the dead. All Saints and All Souls are still spiritual celebrations, but in America Halloween has evolved into a more  cultural secular celebration ,mainly for children.
Hope this helps.

• Advanced Member

@hasanhh @hameedeh @notme@Gaius I. CaesarWe did have one bit of comic relief during all the stress this week.

lol.

A few weeks ago, I was taking a nap and the Jehovah's Witnesses came up to the house.

DD decided she didn't want to deal with them either, so SG volunteered to talk with them and asked her advice on how to go about it.

She joked that he should pretend he did not speak English. (She didn't think he would actually do it!.) But apparently he was very polite in Arabic and  some fakey" broken English" ...has a sense of humor, that one.

Well, they left...and everyone forgot about it.

Yesterday we came home to a bunch of JW literature stuck under our doormat.

In Arabic.

Apparently he is now a " project"...lol.

Edited by LeftCoastMom
  • Veteran Member
On October 22, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

What's going on here?

She is very brave woman. I know that media people sometimes do crazy things for ratings but there is no justification for this reaction. One thing which I don't understand is that all videos on internet are attacking her character and modesty. She was trying too hard for ratings but I fail to understand how she was being immodest in this video. One army person said, 'if you leave your house to work, don't expect any special treatment for being a woman'. So if a woman stays at home, she won't have to deal with physical abuse. 

• Development Team
41 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

@hasanhh @hameedeh @notme@Gaius I. CaesarWe did have one bit of comic relief during all the stress this week.

lol.

A few weeks ago, I was taking a nap and the Jehovah's Witnesses came up to the house.

DD decided she didn't want to deal with them either, so SG volunteered to talk with them and asked her advice on how to go about it.

She joked that he should pretend he did not speak English. (She didn't think he would actually do it!.) But apparently he was very polite in Arabic and  some fakey" broken English" ...has a sense of humor, that one.

Well, they left...and everyone forgot about it.

Yesterday we came home to a bunch of JW literature stuck under our doormat.

In Arabic.

Apparently he is now a " project"...lol.

Sneaky,sneaky.  Those Jehovah's Witness are something else. 

• Veteran Member

:dwarf: NBC News propagandized this Sunday night, 23Oct16, that the polls show Trump leading among male voters, BUT, :cry: , A-dorable Hillar is leading by 20+points with Women.

Are these girls all infected with Hillar Fever :fever: ?

Let's see, :book: , is this mental illness even in the diagnosis manual?

Maybe, the women are hatching an Evil-Feminist Plot :egg: .

.:braveheart: from Feminists and Gullible Girls.

Repeal the 19th Amendment. :mod:  It is a subversive codicil to an honorable document.

:sign_no:  No Women Voting

A-dorable Hillar will sink our Ship of State  :titanic:

Prepare to defend yourselves men :jamesbond: and some of this  :threatenlumber: too.

:ranting:  Over .... but l do not feel any better ...:bye: 

Edited by hasanhh
  • Veteran Member

@notme  l am skeptical about the polls. ln 2016 they have been really inaccurate, both in the US and the UK.

The online polls are all over the place. When l checked the Drudge Report after the 2nd Debate, the "who won" was 9:1 Trump, but on a liberal site, it was 4:1 Clinton (sorry, forgot which site).

The new point of skepticism is the male vote, which was running running 3:1 Trump is now, suddenly, neck-and-neck.

l do think the women's vote will decide this. This is one reason Hillar's ads are focused towards women. Another reason is the Hillar has always done poorly with Mid-West women.

So, we'll see.

Note: l was afraid l was getting a temp-suspension for my rant.

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Note: l was afraid l was getting a temp-suspension for my rant.

Your rant was thoughtful. :D