Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

On October 7, 2016 at 3:03 AM, hasanhh said:

WARNING: This is a "sad" thought:

R. Duterte was elected to the Philippine Presidency on 09May16 with 39% of the vote. Almost 16 million 602 thousand people voted for him. Duterte was more than 6 million votes ahead of his closest rival in an election with 81% turnout. His election promise was "l will kill people" -specifying drug dealers and incorrigible addicts. Last week the news said there are 3,600 known extrajudicial killings.

Friday, 07Oct16, DeutscheWelle reported that over 700,000 people have turned themselves to the police for either prison or drug rehabilitation "out of fear for their lives". The film showed these long lines of people surrendering to police while the police sat at desks filling out forms for the surrendees' signatures.

Inshallah, something like this will not happen here (USA).

I read somewhere that one of the sign of the end times is murder will become common and it won't be considered a big sin. I am scared of that. I can deal with every other kind of immorality being common but to think that, a human being can kill another human being and not worry about his actions, it's just horrible. I have seen videos of police shooting and it's sad that some people are trying to justify their actions. If Hillary Clinton becomes president, does that mean that sexist police officers will start killing women randomly?

On 10/7/2016 at 9:03 AM, hasanhh said:

WARNING: This is a "sad" thought:

R. Duterte was elected to the Philippine Presidency on 09May16 with 39% of the vote. Almost 16 million 602 thousand people voted for him. Duterte was more than 6 million votes ahead of his closest rival in an election with 81% turnout. His election promise was "l will kill people" -specifying drug dealers and incorrigible addicts. Last week the news said there are 3,600 known extrajudicial killings.

Friday, 07Oct16, DeutscheWelle reported that over 700,000 people have turned themselves to the police for either prison or drug rehabilitation "out of fear for their lives". The film showed these long lines of people surrendering to police while the police sat at desks filling out forms for the surrendees' signatures.

Inshallah, something like this will not happen here (USA).

If it happens in the USA, then it won't be because of drugs, which are probably on their way to be legalized in the West. Obviously the people of the Philippines must feel that they have serious drug problems, or else I doubt they would elect this guy.

Guest silasun
10 hours ago, kamyar said:

Unvirtuous Elites |  Zubair ibn Awam

Thanks for posting this. This is a very scary reality. Unless we completely dissociate from our worldly inclinations of money and power, we will do the same to the Imam of our time. 

18 minutes ago, notme said:

More than 900 confirmed dead by hurricane "Matthew". Please if you can, remember the affected people in your duas, especially those who have lost their homes and loved ones. If he isn't your brother in religion, he is your brother in humanity. 

May Allah nourish the hungry and house the homeless and may he grant patience to the oppressed by the right of Imam Hussain (as).

It is so saddening that we see people in such nations as a number. Thousands of deaths mean nothing to us if the victim is from a distant land.

10 hours ago, Haydar Husayn said:

If it happens in the USA, then it won't be because of drugs, which are probably on their way to be legalized in the West. Obviously the people of the Philippines must feel that they have serious drug problems, or else I doubt they would elect this guy.

They're already fully de-criminalised in Portugal I think. It is already seen as a sign of individual freedom.

"It's my body".

Edited by E.L King

13 hours ago, Haydar Husayn said:

I forgot to put in that post that Duterte has a 70% "approval rating" according to DW.

14 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

I read somewhere that one of the sign of the end times is murder will become common and it won't be considered a big sin. I am scared of that. I can deal with every other kind of immorality being common but to think that, a human being can kill another human being and not worry about his actions, it's just horrible. I have seen videos of police shooting and it's sad that some people are trying to justify their actions.  If Hillary Clinton becomes president, does that mean that sexist police officers will start killing women randomly?

According to Hillar's emails released Friday, 07Oct16, she is FOR "open borders" and a Western Hemisphere "free market".

On 2016-10-08 at 2:40 AM, Jaabir said:

Since I'm currently living in an area of few Shi'a, and haven't been to any majalis since the start of Muharram, I'm going to take this opportunity to go to Copenhagen for Ashura and check out the Imam Ali mosque, the largest Shi'a mosque in Denmark.

If anyone has any info/tips for a North American going to Denmark for the first time, please let me know!

@laithAlIRAQI

5 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

YA HUSSEIN(AS)! AL AJAL YA SAHIB AL ZAMAN AL AJAL!

Absolutely incredible. Thanks for sharing. Why couldn't I understand it though I'm annoyed :/ I usually understand Farsi 100% when my mum speaks it with her family. Are there different dialects? Or maybe the older generation (I.e) my mum speak it in a different way? 

8 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

Absolutely incredible. Thanks for sharing. Why couldn't I understand it though I'm annoyed :/ I usually understand Farsi 100% when my mum speaks it with her family. Are there different dialects? Or maybe the older generation (I.e) my mum speak it in a different way? 

@Pearl178 You can see the Farsi words in the description under the video on youtube. 

Egyptian women number one in beating husbands, shows UN study

While the East is not known for ‘abusive’ women, surprising statistics revealed by the UN indicate that Egyptian women are ‘world number one’ in abusing and beating their husbands.

Egypt is followed by the United Kingdom and India in the ranking. The data, obtained from the Egyptian Family Court, shows that 66% of wives who abuse and beat their husbands apply for divorce in the Family Court.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1158555/egyptian-women-number-one-beating-husbands-shows-un-study/

The data further reveals that wives don’t only use their hands in beating their husbands, but also tools such as pins, belts, weapons, kitchen tools and shoes. Some even using sleeping pills in order to beat and burn their husbands.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

16 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Egyptian women number one in beating husbands, shows UN study

While the East is not known for ‘abusive’ women, surprising statistics revealed by the UN indicate that Egyptian women are ‘world number one’ in abusing and beating their husbands.

BAD !! 

Had it not been Muharram I would have posted a very suitable cartoon :P 

Guest silasun

I am Qasim son of Hassan, يا حسينه

I am here to defend you,  يا حسينه

Beautiful English recitation for Hazrat Qasim.

Guest silasun

I don't want no paradise

Heaven, it lies in your shrine

Heaven is to be with you

Doused in the love of your sight

If there is one thing that I desire it ought to be the chance to recite eulogies for my beloved Imam.

The keys to paradise are found in the sincere heartshaking eulogies, causing rivers to flow from all your lovers who listen.

I am doused in your love, mawla.

Edited by silasun

8 hours ago, pwwnd123 said:

*squeaks*

It's the night of Ashura. It is such a sad sad sad time.

The matam gets this intense and the azadari is so tough on this night that nothing ever comes close to this.

Allah knows what's happened to imam zaman a.t.f heart.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:08 PM, IbnSina said:

YA HUSSEIN(AS)! AL AJAL YA SAHIB AL ZAMAN AL AJAL!

I sent this noha to my family members by email. I mentioned the lyrics are in the description at youtube. They want English subtitles. 

On 10/10/2016 at 0:49 AM, starlight said:

14590415_10153758590257587_5935495864106453492_n.jpg?oh=67428b5e4ea36e4f14d9cc6025f3279e&oe=58A145BD&__gda__=1483370831_4f7cbfaa23908223d6eb02c53e3309dc

This is not necessarily true. It may be for people who are inclined toward seeking truth, but on the whole: conversion (in the sense of radically changing one's worldview) is not an academic endeavor. Look at all these orientalists who know more about Islam than most lay Muslims and even most ulama, and yet they do not convert. Likewise, we see many who are very well-versed in history and hadith and yet retain incorrect views about imamah, the first three and so on.

Knowledge in itself cannot create such a great inner transformation. Iblees is more knowledgable than any of us.

8 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

This is not necessarily true

Well, some of the things you are saying are right but I don't agree with everything.    Concealing facts does mislead a lot of people. The example of iblis cannot be applied here because he wasn't mislead. He got an order straight from Allah which he refused to obey. 

I have written elsewhere on the forum about a tactic the wahabbis have started for the past few years. Every year in Muharram there is a slew of posts on social media highlighting the  important 'historical' events that happened on 10th of muharram.

They will say :Allah freed the people of Bani israel from Moses on 10th muharram. 

They will say : Hazrat Younas as came of the whale on 10th muharram.

They will say Prophet Noah's (as) ark reached land safely on 10th of muharram.

They will say: Prophet cured Hazrat Ayub as on 10th of Muharram.

BUT there is no mention of the massacre of Karbala !!! And when I say what about Imam e Hussain as? someone had the audacity to say we(wahabbis) are not sure if it happened that day !! A sunni friend of mine who lives in the west told me lots of children growing up there don't even know about the incident of Karbala. What is the next step..ten years down the line the wahabbis will start saying they are not sure it even happened. 

Why do you think the saud funded propaganda factories are working so hard to conceal these historical facts? To create doubts in the minds of people with weak faith.

How are the shias going to refute these statements if the facts are not clear and widely known. What are we going to say to the wahabbis? the non muslims? to our own children who might question these statements one day? They will say ghadeer never happened, they will say it were the shias of Kufa who killed Imam Hussain as. If we don't know history we won't know what's meant by the 'shias' of kufa. 

You are right in saying that hidayat doesn't come from merely knowing the facts but at least the facts should be widely available for those who want wish to know the truth. 

Edited by starlight
typoooooooo

يخويه تنادي ولا لك امعين                   وقومك على الغيره مطاعين

أنا منين اجيب المرتضى منين                        عن كربلا بويه غبت وين

تدري بأميّه تطلب بدين                                يطلبون ثار ابدّر وحنين

هجموا فرد هجمة على حسين 

Anyone know that feeling when you leave home really early, by midday it already feels like you are having a long day, you crack and eat something that you shouldn't and then when you go to the toilet you find that someone has urinated on the seat.

Where does the line end with unity? Every year during this month and on Ashura, Shia's and Sunnis here are all lovey dovey towards each other which is nice. I appreciate the peace we live in and am thankful for it but does that mean we go around saying to them "May God accept your good deeds (fast) on this day". Yes it is true they respect us too by giving their condolences to us but how can we go around acknowledging the fact that they celebrate this day? And wishing them good for it? All for the sake and under the banner of unity. We can simply stay quiet, I'm not saying attack them for celebrating, but there is no need at all to show that we are okay with their ignorance. 

14 hours ago, hameedeh said:

I sent this noha to my family members by email. I mentioned the lyrics are in the description at youtube. They want English subtitles. 

@Pearl178

Its not really day to day conversational farsi, hmm I dont think my farsi is good enough to make a proper translation.

But iA brother @kamyar or @baradar_jackson can translate it good?

1 hour ago, Pearl178 said:

Where does the line end with unity? Every year during this month and on Ashura, Shia's and Sunnis here are all lovey dovey towards each other which is nice. I appreciate the peace we live in and am thankful for it but does that mean we go around saying to them "May God accept your good deeds (fast) on this day". Yes it is true they respect us too by giving their condolences to us but how can we go around acknowledging the fact that they celebrate this day? And wishing them good for it? All for the sake and under the banner of unity. We can simply stay quiet, I'm not saying attack them for celebrating, but there is no need at all to show that we are okay with their ignorance. 

Hmm, how can they acknowledge the events of Karbala and give their condolences but then still celebrate whatever? What happened to their brain?