Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

46 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Don't do this in a church. You'll be burn as a witch.

They hardly ever burn witches anymore. They usually just gossip and ostracize now. 

For the first time in my adult life, I am looking forward to getting ready on Eid day. When I was single, I was compared with other girls and I always felt pressure to get proposals on every event. When I was married, I always felt insecure and unhappy and I never wanted to wear nice clothes. Tomorrow I will just wear my nice clothes and feel happy. I won't even care if I look good or not. This is such a simple blessing which is so easy to attain, yet it took me so many years to achieve this confidence. Eid mubarik!

Edited by rkazmi33

Guest silasun

Salaam Alaikum

Eid Mubarak! I wanted to share a present with you on this day of Eid.

One of the eminent scholars was Ayatollah Martyr Sayed Dastgheib. A lot of members will have had great benefit from his books like Greater Sins (Gunah-e-kabira) and Qalbe Saleem (Immaculate Conscience). I will paraphrase a story from his life.

Once he was invited to some religious gathering. When he was being described to others, they wanted to praise him for his work, so they said "this is Sayed Dastgheib, Sahib Gunah-e-kabira" (this is Sayed Dastgheib, the possessor of greater sins!).

The Sayed replied: "Yes, but he is also Sahib Qalbe Saleem"!

This story gave me a chuckle :D

Edited by silasun

Guest silasun
9 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

thoughts:

in 2012 I spent arafah in karbala. we have hadith that say Allah looks towards those in karbala on arafah day before he looks towards the hajjis. 

there was just me and my elderly parents (my mum was in a wheelchair). the rush and the heat and the noise was getting a bit much for my folks, so I lead them to baynul haramein. we found a spot coincidentally right in front of the marker which lets you know the exact centrepoint of baynul haramein (its been taken away now). 

mum and dad left their mafatih in the hotel by mistake, and all I had was dua arafah printed out on A4 sheets from my home printer, clumsily stapled together. 

baynul haramein....is not a normal place man. 

there were a few things that happened on baynul haramein which made me think. for example I gave my printed out dua arafah to mum (who was sat behind us in the womens section) and the thought was only half forming in my mind "I wish i had a few mafatih"...and a lady in a niqab just walked up to me, handed me 2 hardback versions of the book, and in arabic but I understood she told me that they were from the haram. 

I gave one to dad and we managed to find the chapter that had the amaal of arafah in it, as I was about to start reading, I again, only half formed the thought "this is one long amaal, man", and the words had not even finished forming in my mind, when an afghan pushto brother came and sat next to me. he indicated to me to hold the book for him, he would recite and all I had to do was read along and turn the pages. he read it so beautifully, almost like he was singing it. 

now, when people talk about eid al adha, all I ever think of, is karbala. I slept on baynul haramein every night ever since, any time i ever been to iraq. my place was with the poor and the homeless zawaar, not in 5 star hotels with fancy banquets 3 times a day and air conditioned bedrooms and in house 24 hour chefs. 

the dreams I had on baynul haramein....are probably a story for another day. if you ever go to karbala - i URGE you to sleep at least one night on baynul haramein. I dont want to ruin the surprise for you about what you will dream. 

Brother, this is gold. May Allah accept your amaal from you.

I have been to Ziarah twice. I have never had such experiences.

If you do any Ziarah, Hajj or Imrah before myself, make sure to pray for myself and the other members of this site.

And may He reward you for Birr al Walidain, something no Ziarah, Hajj or Umrah can compensate for.

33 minutes ago, silasun said:

If you do any Ziarah, Hajj or Imrah before myself, make sure to pray for myself and the other members of this site.

bro just do a dua I get to go to Iraq again for ashura this year, I am finding out in the next few days/ weeks InshaAllah

Guest silasun

Bismillah

Salaams guys

I have felt really happy over eid and arafat, alhamdullilah. But I don't feel well. With such pure hearts after inshAllah forgiveness on the day of arafat, please remember me in your duas when you mention your prayers and family members.

You guys are the best =D

On 9/13/2016 at 6:48 AM, IbnSina said:

Another gold for Irans power lifters, YA ALI!

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/09/13/484478/Rio-2016-Paralympics-Brazil-Iran

Here is another vide of him breaking a world record:

I used to be a fan of Olympic weightlifting until the Salimi debacle threw me off. Now watching weightlifting just reminds me of the poor guy in tears.

A thought:

"Lover of Ahulbait" over in the "Dua ... Game" posted about a perfect spouse, on page 2.

Well, with the advances in robotics, we are about there. Cleaning programs are a snap. Cooking programing will far exceed "72 Cooks". Plus any attachments you wish to purchase. And if you chose Speech programming you get an "Off" button with it.

With something like this and my TV, what else do l need?

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

A thought:

"Lover of Ahulbait" over in the "Dua ... Game" posted about a perfect spouse, on page 2.

Well, with the advances in robotics, we are about there. Cleaning programs are a snap. Cooking programing will far exceed "72 Cooks". Plus any attachments you wish to purchase. And if you chose Speech programming you get an "Off" button with it.

With something like this and my TV, what else do l need?

Affection and comfort. Robot won't hug you or understand your feelings like a human. 

The more I think about it, the only ones that has truly benefited from the chaos of daesh is the israeli government:

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/09/15/484737/peace-now-israel-settlement-units

Easy to steal your neighbors lawn when there is a group of pathetic killers running around creating chaos at the house block next to you.

If you want to help terrorists, not that it's fine, but at least try to do it more secretly!

1395062411532083086564210.jpg

John Kerry's remarks:

" But on Friday of last week, the last 280 members of the exiled Iranian opposition group, the Mujahedin e-Khalq, or MEK, as they’re known, were moved out of Camp Liberty in Iraq...  I first became involved in this effort when I was in the Senate, and that is why during my first year as Secretary I appointed Jonathan Winer, one of my longest-serving and most trusted advisers, as our emissary to find a way to help the MEK be able to leave Iraq... And this is a major humanitarian achievement, and I’m very proud that the United States was able to play a pivotal role in helping to get this job done. "

http://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2016/09/261776.htm

It's too sad to have a world with such leaders.

Guest silasun

Is there a disciplinary procedure for admins.............

@repenter....... you are insane!

Screenshot_2016-09-15-22-00-08.png

Edited by silasun

Just now, repenters slave said:

Is there a disciplinary procedure for admins.............

@repenter....... you are insane

Screenshot_2016-09-15-22-00-08.png

Poor child. Is there a disciplinary action for admins? Complaining to the admins about an admin? How naive.

Bow before us, mortal!

Guest silasun

It is interesting that of all members who where in the Great Mod Race of 2015 (bar me, who bailed out), all but one are moderators, the other is a chatroom moderator.

You Americans make sure you vote in the election. Your vote can change everything about your country for the better............

21 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Affection and comfort. Robot won't hug you or understand your feelings like a human. 

We can get unconditional affection from a dog or other pet.

And what can be more comforting than to know you won't have to listen to any BS when you get home?

And who needs domestic understanding when you are already gratified?

Edited by hasanhh

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

We can get unconditional affection from a dog or other pet.

And what can be more comforting than to know you won't have to listen to any BS when you get home?

And who needs domestic understanding when you are already gratified?

You seem to be an annoyed husband. :) and like married from past 25 yrs. 

Bruh. What about the night Ebadat.? 

Guest silasun

Sometimes all that is required to feel happy again is a good breakfast ( @hameedeh thanks for the advice, though I may now get addicted to fruit smoothies!), a mother's dua and to spend time thinking of the virtues of whomever has hurt you. They may have one vice, but have 101 different virtues for which Allah will reward them and overlook their hurting of others.

The universe runs on love.

Flying burritos: 

http://m.roanoke.com/business/google-tests-of-delivering-burritos-by-drone-underway-in-blacksburg/article_935087d3-af6c-5eca-b898-26a890456117.html?mode=jqm

I don't know whether it's insane or brilliant. I heard the delivery fee is going to be $6. There's no way students at a state university are going to pay that much after the novelty wears off. 

Love the photos though.

Guest silasun

I think @repenter changed my name because he is mad at how much he sucks at pocket tanks... he is about to get the virtual beating of a lifetime....

Edit: and @Khadim uz Zahra sucks really badly too

Edited by silasun

50 minutes ago, silasun said:

I think @repenter changed my name because he is mad at how much he sucks at pocket tanks... he is about to get the virtual beating of a lifetime....

Edit: and @Khadim uz Zahra sucks really badly too

@silasun getting wrecked by repenter (seyedx)

14 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

You seem to be an annoyed husband. :) and like married from past 25 yrs. 

Bruh. What about the night Ebadat.? 

"annoyed"? How mild a word.

Ibadat?  Who is better than Allah-swt?

He-swt created animals we can limitedly use for pets. And gave us the knowledge for robotics.

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

"annoyed"? How mild a word.

Ibadat?  Who is better than Allah-swt?

He-swt created animals we can limitedly use for pets. And gave us the knowledge for robotics.

Why are you going hyper bro?

I was talking about the physical needs and desire.

1 hour ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Why are you going hyper bro?

I was talking about the physical needs and desire.

Hyper-Hasan's rants please do heed,

After eating and sleeping there ain't no physical need.

--at least when you are my age.

Watching DeutscheWelle  in the background, "Check-ln" program has a piece on Auchsberg --Jacob Flugger and all-- and there is this boat rental business this man started on his wedding day.

Definitely he saw the expenses coming.