Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

7 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Hmm, he might ask me to drop him off there, should I say: no, get the hell out of the car and take a taxi?

He is not my friend, he is my colleague.

Saying the word prostitute is not haram it is a word to describe women that sell themselves for money, what other word can I use?

Alhamdulillah seems you had a good childhood and upbringing, I have had to dealt with these filth my entire life. And  this colleague of mine, he is as "nice" old catholic man with 3 kids and a wife back at home that he is cheating on with cheap prostitutes all the time. They all do.

Unfortunately we were not all raised among scholars, pious people and hawzas.

You missed br Haimi's point. You are not a rock. You are a human being. You get affected by the people, situations, and environment that you put yourself into. 

You do not hang out with this guy. period. 

Who cares if you don't see the Berlin wall memorial or whatever. 

It's like asking if I'm not actively telling the guy to drink, is it ok if I sold him the alcohol? 

And what's with the excuses? Just because we're not in hawzah or Ayatollah Bahjat, doesn't mean we don't have potential  to reach that level.  Allah is all-knowing, all-aware. You think all pious people who have reached high status had it easy?? Read up on the brutal torture that Islam's early Muslims--like Bilaal Habashi and the first-ever Shaheed in history: Sumayyah (s). 

I've heard of a French Muslim guy who's been warned at his workplace that if they catch him praying, they'll fire him. And they have security cameras everywhere....except the bathroom. Instead of giving up, or feeling weak...guess what? He prays in the bathroom.  

Of course his prayer is beloved and on a different level beyond the one who gets to pray in complete ease and comfort at the Masjid next door. 

And remember your first obligation is towards yourself--you're the most important person that you need to watch out for.

May Allah (swt) help you and grant you the best of success in this world and the next. 

Hope everyone's doing well Inshallah :) 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Sumayyeh said:

You missed br Haimi's point. You are not a rock. You are a human being. You get affected by the people, situations, and environment that you put yourself into. 

You do not hang out with this guy. period. 

Who cares if you don't see the Berlin wall memorial or whatever. 

It's like asking if I'm not actively telling the guy to drink, is it ok if I sold him the alcohol? 

And what's with the excuses? Just because we're not in hawzah or Ayatollah Bahjat, doesn't mean we don't have potential  to reach that level.  Allah is all-knowing, all-aware. You think all pious people who have reached high status had it easy?? Read up on the brutal torture that Islam's early Muslims--like Bilaal Habashi and the first-ever Shaheed in history: Sumayyah (s). 

I've heard of a French Muslim guy who's been warned at his workplace that if they catch him praying, they'll fire him. And they have security cameras everywhere....except the bathroom. Instead of giving up, or feeling weak...guess what? He prays in the bathroom.  

Of course his prayer is beloved and on a different level beyond the one who gets to pray in complete ease and comfort at the Masjid next door. 

And remember your first obligation is towards yourself--you're the most important person that you need to watch out for.

May Allah (swt) help you and grant you the best of success in this world and the next. 

Hope everyone's doing well Inshallah :) 

Hmm what do you think of what  @Pearl178 said?

Edited by IbnSina

• Veteran Member

Dad scared the wits out of me. Screams out my name really loudly from his room, I thought he was having a heart attack. I dropped everything and quickly ran to him.

Turns out he just wanted to know why the Wifi isn't working.

Made me realize: I need to spend more time with my parents. 

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala

Assalam Alikum Brother Sina,

If you read this do tasbeehat az Zahra.  Pick up Quran and have tadaboor.  While you are away, listen to Islamic lectures on YouTube.  

God bless you,

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

• Veteran Member
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, notme said:

I'd much rather my daughter read the Boys' Life. It seems more positive. The Girls' one reduces girls to just a mindless Barbie doll.

"Barbie Doll" ?

The way a lot of girls decide to go is either "Babble Doll" or "Bobble Doll".   :cry:

Note: only Starlight or our Hameedehstani can slam me for this comment.

My thoughts became realistic.

One of the meaning of beign a bas-tard.

The most famous sunnies book that mentioned the prophet's hadith that the enemies of our imams are Bas-tard or Monafiq. The famous hadith are in the:

1-صحیح مسلم ج ۱ص۶۱
۲-صحیح تِرمذی ج ۱۳ ص ۱۷۷
۳-سنن ابن ماجه ج ۱  باب ۱۱
۴-سنن نسائی ج۲ ص ۲۷۱
۵-مسند احمد حنبل ج۱ ص ۱۲۸-۹۵-۸۴
۶-حلیه الاولیاء ج۴ص ۱۸۵
۷-تاریخ الاسلام ج ۲ ص ۱۹۸
۸-الریاض النظره ج ۲ ص ۲۸۴

I see some of them everyday in YouTube and Syria, do you?

Edited by Haimi

Guest silasun
2 hours ago, kamyar said:

Explaining a very unclear issue is hard, but the harder is explaining a very clear one.

Could you phrase that differently please?!! :D

:cuddle:

My beloved bro Kamyar, how are you doing?!

Edited by silasun

• Forum Administrators
On 9/6/2016 at 5:32 PM, IbnSina said:

I feel my soul is tired and I need a break from all humans, bye for now and eltemase dua.

Take a break, Brother. Take care. Mohtaje dua.

• Veteran Member
15 hours ago, starlight said:

A fight has broken in my house............over green peas !!! 

Ain't I lucky :grin:

My mother was a terrible, even near criminal, "cook". But one thing she always laughed at was when l was 3 an she told me l couldn't go back outside until l ate my peas. She left the room. So l put the peas in my pocket. She comes back, tells me l am 'good' for eating my peas and lets me go back outside.

That night, as I climbed into the bath she went through my clothes. Sticking her hand in my pants pocket she pulls out the peas. I was already scared. Yet she laughed.

I remembered thinking at the time l was dumb --as in the forgetful sense.

Oh well, Mom always said l was a dumb kid.

• Veteran Member
14 hours ago, silasun said:

Could you phrase that differently please?!! :D

:cuddle:

My beloved bro Kamyar, how are you doing?!

Bah (the Iranian type of bah, not the English one), my dadashe gol (I have already translated it for you, remember?), Long time no see. Eshlonek, zain? (they use these greetings in Iraq, don't they?). I hope you are in good health, wealth and most importantly faith.

As for the sentence, the first part is obvious and needless to explain. What the second part is trying to imply is that when something is very clear, it shouldn't have had the reason to be explained in the first place, since it's very clear and it shows the person for whom you are going to explain the issue is lacking the basic ability to grasp matters and differentiate between things. This will make your job much harder or even maybe infeasible, my dear brother silasun:cuddle:

• Veteran Member

So I watched this video: 

And then I read this in my Facebook feed: every thought we think is creating our future. Is this true? I don't like to get my hopes high because I don't like to get disappointed. In fact I prepare myself for the worst case scenario. But I have heard this from many people, that if you expect good, good things will happen to you. I just find it hard to believe. Is this why so many Shias keep saying they are sure they will go to jannat? 

Edited by rkazmi33

Guest silasun
16 hours ago, kamyar said:

Bah (the Iranian type of bah, not the English one), my dadashe gol (I have already translated it for you, remember?), Long time no see. Eshlonek, zain? (they use these greetings in Iraq, don't they?). I hope you are in good health, wealth and most importantly faith.

As for the sentence, the first part is obvious and needless to explain. What the second part is trying to imply is that when something is very clear, it shouldn't have had the reason to be explained in the first place, since it's very clear and it shows the person for whom you are going to explain the issue is lacking the basic ability to grasp matters and differentiate between things. This will make your job much harder or even maybe infeasible, my dear brother silasun:cuddle:

Yeah, we say weird things in Iraq. We are a melting pot of Arabs, Turks, Kurdd and Iranians.

I was being ironic by writing that! Kamyar, I now feel disgusted with myself for making you write so much!

• Moderators
Just now, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Google maps nearly got me killed today; no joke. Alhamdulilah nothing happened to me or the car. It was an eye opening experience though.

What happened?

Never rely on technology! Use it, but user your own eyes and mind more! No technology is fail proof.

• Veteran Member
20 minutes ago, notme said:

What happened?

Never rely on technology! Use it, but user your own eyes and mind more! No technology is fail proof.

The app told me to enter the ramp a millisecond before reaching it. Ended up swerving over the sidewalk until I regained control of the car. Deep down I know this was a sign from Allah to go back to being more spiritual. I've been doing too many wrong and idiotic things.

• Veteran Member
8 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

The app told me to enter the ramp a millisecond before reaching it. Ended up swerving over the sidewalk until I regained control of the car. Deep down I know this was a sign from Allah to go back to being more spiritual. I've been doing too many wrong and idiotic things.

Might be the internet connection at fault.

6 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

Just came back from spending the day by the shrine of Imam Ali (a.s). I want to live and die here, words can't express what I felt just by seeing the shrine and being there. Everything disappears the minute you set foot there: all your worries, anxiety and petty dunyawi issues. Ya Ali madad

Please pray for us! 

Also - take time to explore the haram, theres so many hidden gems in all those little doors, for example the grave of sayed khoei, the library, the museum. also, make sure to visit the two rooms to the side of the main golden entrance. on one side is allama al hilli, and on the other is (i believe?) ayatollah borojourdi?

if it rains, then go to wadi as salam graveyard, when raindrops fall on the graves, they turn into small pieces of durr e najaf, you just pick them up. 

if you look inside the actual zari, you will see a golden chain wrapped around a bowl. that is the chain that the emperor nadir wore round his neck, as he was lead crawling like a dog to the haram, in order to show to the world how low his status was, compared with ameerul momineen (as)

as you probably know by now, it is impossible for nijasat to enter the haram. spend some time to sit by the entrance to the courtyard in the back corner, where the womens entrance is. you will see guards posted there 24/7. what happens is, if Imam (as) does not like someone, as soon as they enter the archway, their nose starts to bleed, and its the guards jobs to prevent them from entering. its at the same time horrifying, at the same time fascinating to see people realise that ameerul momineen (as) does not wish them to be near to him.