Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Bismehe Ta3ala

Assalam Alikum Brother Sina,

If you read this do tasbeehat az Zahra.  Pick up Quran and have tadaboor.  While you are away, listen to Islamic lectures on YouTube.  

God bless you,

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, notme said:

I'd much rather my daughter read the Boys' Life. It seems more positive. The Girls' one reduces girls to just a mindless Barbie doll.

"Barbie Doll" ?

The way a lot of girls decide to go is either "Babble Doll" or "Bobble Doll".   :cry:

Note: only Starlight or our Hameedehstani can slam me for this comment.

My thoughts became realistic.

One of the meaning of beign a bas-tard.

The most famous sunnies book that mentioned the prophet's hadith that the enemies of our imams are Bas-tard or Monafiq. The famous hadith are in the:

1-صحیح مسلم ج ۱ص۶۱
۲-صحیح تِرمذی ج ۱۳ ص ۱۷۷
۳-سنن ابن ماجه ج ۱  باب ۱۱
۴-سنن نسائی ج۲ ص ۲۷۱
۵-مسند احمد حنبل ج۱ ص ۱۲۸-۹۵-۸۴
۶-حلیه الاولیاء ج۴ص ۱۸۵
۷-تاریخ الاسلام ج ۲ ص ۱۹۸
۸-الریاض النظره ج ۲ ص ۲۸۴

I see some of them everyday in YouTube and Syria, do you?

Edited by Haimi

53 minutes ago, starlight said:

A fight has broken in my house............over green peas !!! 

Ain't I lucky :grin:

My little ones fight over who gets to sweep and vacuum the floors. I wish my big kids did too. 

Guest silasun
2 hours ago, kamyar said:

Explaining a very unclear issue is hard, but the harder is explaining a very clear one.

Could you phrase that differently please?!! :D

:cuddle:

My beloved bro Kamyar, how are you doing?!

Edited by silasun

On 9/6/2016 at 5:32 PM, IbnSina said:

I feel my soul is tired and I need a break from all humans, bye for now and eltemase dua.

Take a break, Brother. Take care. Mohtaje dua.

15 hours ago, starlight said:

A fight has broken in my house............over green peas !!! 

Ain't I lucky :grin:

My mother was a terrible, even near criminal, "cook". But one thing she always laughed at was when l was 3 an she told me l couldn't go back outside until l ate my peas. She left the room. So l put the peas in my pocket. She comes back, tells me l am 'good' for eating my peas and lets me go back outside.

That night, as I climbed into the bath she went through my clothes. Sticking her hand in my pants pocket she pulls out the peas. I was already scared. Yet she laughed.

I remembered thinking at the time l was dumb --as in the forgetful sense.

Oh well, Mom always said l was a dumb kid.

14 hours ago, silasun said:

Could you phrase that differently please?!! :D

:cuddle:

My beloved bro Kamyar, how are you doing?!

Bah (the Iranian type of bah, not the English one), my dadashe gol (I have already translated it for you, remember?), Long time no see. Eshlonek, zain? (they use these greetings in Iraq, don't they?). I hope you are in good health, wealth and most importantly faith.

As for the sentence, the first part is obvious and needless to explain. What the second part is trying to imply is that when something is very clear, it shouldn't have had the reason to be explained in the first place, since it's very clear and it shows the person for whom you are going to explain the issue is lacking the basic ability to grasp matters and differentiate between things. This will make your job much harder or even maybe infeasible, my dear brother silasun:cuddle:

So I watched this video: 

And then I read this in my Facebook feed: every thought we think is creating our future. Is this true? I don't like to get my hopes high because I don't like to get disappointed. In fact I prepare myself for the worst case scenario. But I have heard this from many people, that if you expect good, good things will happen to you. I just find it hard to believe. Is this why so many Shias keep saying they are sure they will go to jannat? 

Edited by rkazmi33

Guest silasun
16 hours ago, kamyar said:

Bah (the Iranian type of bah, not the English one), my dadashe gol (I have already translated it for you, remember?), Long time no see. Eshlonek, zain? (they use these greetings in Iraq, don't they?). I hope you are in good health, wealth and most importantly faith.

As for the sentence, the first part is obvious and needless to explain. What the second part is trying to imply is that when something is very clear, it shouldn't have had the reason to be explained in the first place, since it's very clear and it shows the person for whom you are going to explain the issue is lacking the basic ability to grasp matters and differentiate between things. This will make your job much harder or even maybe infeasible, my dear brother silasun:cuddle:

Yeah, we say weird things in Iraq. We are a melting pot of Arabs, Turks, Kurdd and Iranians.

I was being ironic by writing that! Kamyar, I now feel disgusted with myself for making you write so much!

Just now, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Google maps nearly got me killed today; no joke. Alhamdulilah nothing happened to me or the car. It was an eye opening experience though.

What happened?

Never rely on technology! Use it, but user your own eyes and mind more! No technology is fail proof.

20 minutes ago, notme said:

What happened?

Never rely on technology! Use it, but user your own eyes and mind more! No technology is fail proof.

The app told me to enter the ramp a millisecond before reaching it. Ended up swerving over the sidewalk until I regained control of the car. Deep down I know this was a sign from Allah to go back to being more spiritual. I've been doing too many wrong and idiotic things.

8 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

The app told me to enter the ramp a millisecond before reaching it. Ended up swerving over the sidewalk until I regained control of the car. Deep down I know this was a sign from Allah to go back to being more spiritual. I've been doing too many wrong and idiotic things.

Might be the internet connection at fault.

6 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

Just came back from spending the day by the shrine of Imam Ali (a.s). I want to live and die here, words can't express what I felt just by seeing the shrine and being there. Everything disappears the minute you set foot there: all your worries, anxiety and petty dunyawi issues. Ya Ali madad

Please pray for us! 

Also - take time to explore the haram, theres so many hidden gems in all those little doors, for example the grave of sayed khoei, the library, the museum. also, make sure to visit the two rooms to the side of the main golden entrance. on one side is allama al hilli, and on the other is (i believe?) ayatollah borojourdi?

if it rains, then go to wadi as salam graveyard, when raindrops fall on the graves, they turn into small pieces of durr e najaf, you just pick them up. 

if you look inside the actual zari, you will see a golden chain wrapped around a bowl. that is the chain that the emperor nadir wore round his neck, as he was lead crawling like a dog to the haram, in order to show to the world how low his status was, compared with ameerul momineen (as)

as you probably know by now, it is impossible for nijasat to enter the haram. spend some time to sit by the entrance to the courtyard in the back corner, where the womens entrance is. you will see guards posted there 24/7. what happens is, if Imam (as) does not like someone, as soon as they enter the archway, their nose starts to bleed, and its the guards jobs to prevent them from entering. its at the same time horrifying, at the same time fascinating to see people realise that ameerul momineen (as) does not wish them to be near to him. 

اَللَّهُمَّ ٱجْعَلْنِي اخْشَاكَ كَانِّي ارَاكَ، وَاسْعِدْنِي بِتَقْوَاكَ وَلاَ تُشْقِنِي بِمَعْصِيَتِكَ وَخِرْ لِي فِي قَضَائِكَ وَبَارِكْ لِي فِي قَدَرِكَ حَتَّى لا احِبَّ تَعْجِيلَ مَا اخَّرْتَ وَلاَ تَاخِيرَ مَا عَجَّلْتَ، اَللَّهُمَّ ٱجْعَلْ غِنَايَ فِي نَفْسِي، وَٱلْيَقِينَ فِي قَلْبِي، وَٱلإِخْلاَصَ فِي عَمَلِي، وَٱلنُّوْرَ فِي بَصَرِي، وَٱلْبَصِيرَةَ فِي دِينِي، وَمَتِّعْنِي بِجَوَارِحِي، وَٱجْعَلْ سَمْعِي وَبَصَرِي ٱلْوَارِثَيْنِ مِنِّي، وَٱنْصُرْنِي عَلَى مَنْ ظَلَمَنِي، وَارِنِي فِيهِ ثَارِي وَمَآرِبِي، وَاقِرَّ بِذلِكَ عَيْنِي، اَللَّهُمَّ ٱكْشِفْ كُرْبَتِي، وَٱسْتُرْ عَوْرَتِي، وَٱغْفِرْ لِي خَطِيئَتِي، وَٱخْسَ شَيْطَانِي، وَفُكَّ رِهَانِي، وَٱجْعَلْ لِي يَا إِلهِي ٱلدَّرَجَةَ ٱلْعُلْيَا، فِي ٱلآخِرَةِ وَٱلاولَى، اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ ٱلْحَمْدُ كَمَا خَلَقْتَنِي، فَجَعَلْتَنِي سَمِيعاً بَصِيراً

O Allah, (please) make me fear You as if I can see You. Make happy by fearing You. Do not make me unhappy by disobeying You. Choose for me through Your decree. Bless me through Your determination, so that I will not long for hastening that which You have delayed or delaying that which You would hasten. O Allah, (please) make my richness in my conscience,conviction in my hear, sincerity in my deeds, light in my sight, and insight in my religion. Make me find enjoyment in my organs. Make my hearing and my sight sound until I am inherited. Grant me victory over him who wrongs me, make me witness my avenge and objective in him, and make it the delight of my eye. O Allah, (please) relieve my agony, conceal my flaws, forgive my sin, drive away my devil from me, redeem my mortgage, and decide for me, O my God, the supreme rank in the Hereafter and in the former (life). O Allah, all praise be to You for You have created me and made me hear and see.

http://www.duas.org/zilhajj/arfday.htm

Guest silasun

@kamyar

When I was younger, as happens sometimes to a lot of people, I had a passing doubt about Islam and Shiism. 

I was slightly concerned and looking quite hard to find some sort of evidence for my beliefs.

I think Allah's mercy decended and I suddenly came across Dua Arafah. I read a very small amount of this dua and my heart was filled again with itminaan about my faith- the words of the Ahlulbayt are a proof that no philosopher can match in their wisdom and beauty! I then immediately asked my mum if we could recite a part of Dua Arafah together- this event proved to me the beauty of the infallibles.

This year, I have been looking forward to this beautiful day of Arafah, and although I cannot be in Hajj, there is a very surreal beauty surrounding this day, wherever you are.

Dear @silasun

Yes, truly dua Arafah can be a turning point in the life. If we ponder upon it and memorize its ma'arif, by our mind, our chest and our heart, it will make our life into two parts: pre- and post-reading dua Arafah.

It's full of lessons, in different kinds and for different individuals. The following part is a philosophical lesson for those who are wrongly trying to prove existence of God through their own existence:

كَيْفَ يُسْتَدَلُّ عَلَيْكَ بِمَا هُوَ فِي وُجُودِهِ مُفْتَقِرٌ إِلَيْكَ؟، ايَكُونُ لِغَيْرِكَ مِنَ ٱلظُّهُورِ مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ، حَتَّىٰ يَكُونَ هُوَ ٱلْمُظْهِرَ لَكَ؟

How can You be figured out through that whose existence relies on You?, Can any thing other than You hold a (kind of) manifestation that You lack, and thus it may act as an appearance for You?

Edited by kamyar