Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

6 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

Absolutely despicable. How do you break a world record and still lose?

Homeboy got "Roy Jones Jnr'd". They just cant BEAR to see iranians killing it everywhere

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

On 5/15/2010 at 11:31 AM, Abbas. said:

I am thinking of trashing this thread :D

On the other hand, I also feel its a genuine 'off-topic' thread and I need to give members a break !

Talk about dilemmas ...

Salams

My goodness, to think this thread almost didn't survive.

How so many of our lives most important decisions and circumstances often decided by a split single decision.

In this case, you opted to show mercy. @Abbas.

Just wondering, did you do an Istikhara before deciding to allow this thread to live?

You also sound very Repenter-like here :P @repenter

13 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

OH, and I think this day completes my first year on this site. I was going to write something about that, but it will have to wait now. But what a difference a year makes in human lives...huh?

Congratulations (:

It's a testament to the higher facets of humanity that a Catholic Lady can call a shia forum her home (:

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Absolutely despicable. How do you break a world record and still lose?

Homeboy got "Roy Jones Jnr'd". They just cant BEAR to see iranians killing it everywhere

That's because these weight lifters have a lot of honor. They have very deep love of ahlul bayt. They openly condemn Israel, etc...

It's very bad for them to have Iranian athletes behave like that because it runs counter to their plan for the Islamic world.

How does it look for them when the strongest man in the world starts with Ya Allah! Ya Mohammad! And then after his lift he condemns Israel... 

It looks very bad for them.

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Last night after we had a couple of days of rain l checked the mint bed. There were several different flying insects working on the flowers --even a wasp.

I looked the one insect up as l never saw it before. it is called an anthidium florentinum

• Veteran Member
16 hours ago, Ruq said:

I just realised we have 6 different kinds of milk in the fridge. When they eventually get around to making doughnut milk my milk needs will finally be met.

Seriously Sis, your home must be a gastronomical disaster.  :D

Has anyone ever called child welfare or the H-EPA?   :hahaha:

thoughts:

I bet it is only a matter of time until certain people I know of will start saying "aliun wali Allah" means "ali is the wali of Allah" (as in ali is Allah's master) naodhobillah. then anyone who disagrees with them will be labelled as a muqassir. 

May Allah guide them or destroy them, some things I am seeing and hearing are utterly horrifying. they are already saying (swt) and zuljalal wal iqraam after maula ali (as) name. I used to think "jallah jalaluhoo" was bad enough now they are saying "ali hoo"

2 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

Alhamdulilah 4 months ago I considered myself the luckiest person when I went for Ziyarah of Imam Reza (as) in Mashhad. Today I consider myself luckier as I have just finalized my bookings and am all prepared for my next Ziyarah- Ziyarah of Imam Ali (a.s) and Imam Hussain (a.s). Going for Arafat Inshallaa...

SO EXCITED!!!!!!

I went for arafah in karbala in 2012, incredible experiene alhamdulillah. very little rush at all apart from the actual arafah day itself. some advice - if you want to do the amaal inside one of the harams - enter the haram before fajr, and do not leave till zuhr/ after amaal are finished. the rush is mental. 

I preferred reading the amaal under the sky on baynol haramein, there was a marker which marked the halfway point we just sat there and read our amaal with plenty of space (plus Im from UK - actually feeling the sun on my face was pretty much like being in jannah lol) 

• Veteran Member
36 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I went for arafah in karbala in 2012, incredible experiene alhamdulillah. very little rush at all apart from the actual arafah day itself. some advice - if you want to do the amaal inside one of the harams - enter the haram before fajr, and do not leave till zuhr/ after amaal are finished. the rush is mental. 

I preferred reading the amaal under the sky on baynol haramein, there was a marker which marked the halfway point we just sat there and read our amaal with plenty of space (plus Im from UK - actually feeling the sun on my face was pretty much like being in jannah lol) 

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep in mind.

Lol I share your love of the sun not from the UK but anything besides the sun depresses me).

I honestly  cant imagine at all what to expect or how its going to be, I see it on t.v. all the time but its obv different when you're actually there.

2 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

I honestly  cant imagine at all what to expect or how its going to be, I see it on t.v. all the time but its obv different when you're actually there.

without any exaggeration - it will change your entire life. 

you know normally, when your mind wanders, you think about random things and nothing in particular? after karbala, you will find that every time your mind wanders - you will be thinking of karbala instead. 

the person I was before karbala died at karbala, and who i am now is completely different to who I was then. 

najaf - you feel imam ali (as) magnificence, you know that you are in the presence of the king of kings, the greatest being in the universe second only to the holy prophet (pbuh)

karbala - you feel grief beyond you even thought you were capable of feeling

kadhamiyya - you will feel peace. 

samarrah - you will feel excitement and hope. 

dont try and plan your reaction or actions - you will be in very little control when you enter karbala. 

• Veteran Member
On 22/08/2016 at 0:41 PM, hasanhh said:

Doesn't he realize that their actions 'terrorize' the accountants at the banks?

That's the thing though, this really is a case of the rich getting richer and to hell with the rest, these companies that are destroying our planet don't need any more money, the people behind them have more than they can ever spend, this is just about destroying the earth, it is pure evil.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

That's the thing though, this really is a case of the rich getting richer and to hell with the rest, these companies that are destroying our planet don't need any more money, the people behind them have more than they can ever spend, this is just about destroying the earth, it is pure evil.

Preach! :cool:

• Veteran Member

If you have been on hajj, you will have noticed that people do weird things during tawaf like talking on the phone, chatting with friends, etc.

Do you think there will be Muslims in this year's hajj who will break their tawaf if there was a really rare pokemon around???  

Last thing we need is another stampede because of CHARIZARD or DITTO.

• Moderators

I try my best to be organized without stepping on anyone's toes. I'm not naturally orderly and neat, but i try. I find that owning less stuff helps. Can you tell which side of the dresser is mine?

IMG_20160825_155953675.jpg

I'm not convinced that minimalism works unless the whole family is on board. 

• Veteran Member
39 minutes ago, notme said:

I try my best to be organized without stepping on anyone's toes. I'm not naturally orderly and neat, but i try. I find that owning less stuff helps. Can you tell which side of the dresser is mine?

IMG_20160825_155953675.jpg

I'm not convinced that minimalism works unless the whole family is on board. 

I don't think it requires great efforts either, just to be a bit organized (just a bit xD) and pay attention to what you do because it affects others as well. I changed my ways once I was pointed out my faults in several ocassions. I was mostly ignorant to be honest. If this happens one day you come exhausted to your house, it is normal and can happen to anyone, but if it turns into a habit... it makes convivence a bit exhausting indeed, and isn't the best way to show empathy to others. It's actually hurtful for others due to this very reason, but we may not notice until we are told this.

All in all, it is also for their own good tbh. Lack of organization isn't a preference nor a luxury you can afford in your own house, it's harmful and wrong by itself. And I believe it is important to make that message as clear as possible.