Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

4 hours ago, starlight said:

brother.. At one point or other you will propose to the girl, won't you?. One can't have a marriage/nikkah without asking the girl's hand first. It's just a formal accepting of a marriage proposal. 

Yeah but where does this tradition come from? And what did they do during the time of our Prophet(S)?

Its like this whole ring giving idea as well? Like where do these things come from?

'GO MO!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!' ...i almost burst a blood vessel watching Mo Farah winning the 10,000 metres, he fell half way through! but got up straight away. InshAllah he isnt injured...he looks a bit serious to say he just won.I love Mo...i think im going to cry cry-blow-nose.gif

9 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Yeah but where does this tradition come from? And what did they do during the time of our Prophet(S)?

Its like this whole ring giving idea as well? Like where do these things come from?

In the case of engagements, bro, the western definition is surely different than what we have in the old country.

For us, during the "engagement" the couple is Islamically, married. Basically they get Islamically married and have a gathering but the gathering is not considered opulent enough to be a wedding. So the wedding is delayed and they live with their respective parents until they have the means.

I don't mind the fact that people get the aqd done and over. I think this is a good thing. However, the multitude of gatherings is when things become problematic, especially for us Iranians. Also, the nonsensical idea that they MUST move out of their parents' house. This is something which is neither Islamically recommended nor economically viable in most cases. 

So the engagement culture is a mixed bag. On the one hand it has the effect of not making people to hesitate marrying because of economic means, but on the other hand it solidifies the idea that having extravagent weddings/hanabandoons/patakhtis/baleboroons/etc. (we Iranians apparently excel in frivolous gatherings) and "moving out" are necessities of marriage which they are not.

It is recommended to have a gathering for getting married but there is no necessity in spending the amount of money most people spend. One of the problems is that the culture has become so pervasive that it is very difficult to combat it.

Baradar, why do you say it is not islamically recommended for the couple to move out? Shouldn't they have their own space and build their home? Or do you mean to leave some time until reaching that level?

As for the economical stability... I believe marriage is already by itself too unstable and draining. Sacrificing the financial part is evidently not appealing for anyone. Plus having a stable decent job means much more than the monthly income it brings to home. It's wise to start the (long) process soon, and make your best to reach that level of stability by the time you are planning to actually marry. If you are planning on having kids, stability is not longer a choice. So I don't blame those people who insist so much on it.

As for wealthy weddings... xD. I don't know, there are different levels after all. I normally see couples spending around 5k€, which honestly isn't too much if you are still living with your parents and working.

5 hours ago, EricCartman said:

آپ سب کو جشن آزادی کی خوشیاں مبارک. الله ہمارے پیارے وطن کو سدا آباد و سلامت رکھے اور دینا کی سفے اول کی اقوام میں شامل کرے. امین 

Happy Independence Day to All Pakistanis Brothers & Sisters. May Allah safeguard our country and help our nation become one of the first classs in the world. Amin

:grin: maybe only with Allah's help...

Edited by certainclarity

@baradar_jackson

Yes but where does this engagement idea come from originally? And the whole "we have to exchange rings" thing?

So if I have understood it correctly then the engagement is actually the marriage and the wedding is just a celebration that comes after?

But from what I have seen they get married during the engagement and it is Islamic marriage but still they do not do stuff that married couples do until after the celebration which brings me to ask how that makes sense? Married or not married?

Meanwhile....

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/08/14/479993/Israel-Aqsa-Palestinians

Look at this, following the niece terror attack, which was a islamic one ofc and the guy was muslim ofc (who cares about his background?)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/burkini-ban-second-french-riviera-resort-follows-cannes-rules-as-mayor-says-muslim-beachwear-a7189151.html

They have forbidden women from wearing burkini when they go to the beach, the new rule stipulates that only clothing that “is respectful to morality and secular principles, and in compliance with hygiene and safety rules” is allowed.

Because you know... going into the ocean with nylon clothes on is very unhygienic...

Buzo.jpg

I swear some times you read about hell and you think: this is so harsh, do they really deserve eternity in pain?

Other times you wish people death to send them there sooner.

Edited by IbnSina

12 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

really?

Yes. Why?

What makes it so necessary? Especially when nowadays, housing is the number one expense. For most people, rent or mortgage payment accounts for more than half of their expenses. 

What's the necessity of living in a separate house? Especially in modern cities; where living in a different home means you may as well be in another country. 

I understand modern housing is retarded and is not ideally suited for multiple families, but that's modern housing's problem. And it can be worked around. You can find a way to make separated areas within a house. It can be done. I think a lot of folks desire "space" way more than is reasonable or recommended and this causes them to set up a bunch of rationalizations for why "moving out" is a necessity. But it's not.

@IbnSina

Bro it doesnt make sense. Since when did everything everyone does make sense?

17 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

Yes. Why?

What makes it so necessary? Especially when nowadays, housing is the number one expense. For most people, rent or mortgage payment accounts for more than half of their expenses. 

What's the necessity of living in a separate house? Especially in modern cities; where living in a different home means you may as well be in another country. 

I understand modern housing is retarded and is not ideally suited for multiple families, but that's modern housing's problem. And it can be worked around. You can find a way to make separated areas within a house. It can be done. I think a lot of folks desire "space" way more than is reasonable or recommended and this causes them to set up a bunch of rationalizations for why "moving out" is a necessity. But it's not.

@IbnSina

Bro it doesnt make sense. Since when did everything everyone does make sense?

because the imams houses were separate from their parents houses. Normal nature to be independent to build an independent unit.

49 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

because the imams houses were separate from their parents houses. Normal nature to be independent to build an independent unit.

There is a difference between building a clay house next to your parent's clay house, to spending 700, one thousand, fifteen hundred dollars on rent.

You have to take into account the differences in the respective economic systems. 

Our modern conception of financial independence is completely unattainable for the vast majority of people. This is a fact.

My mind comes up with some really weird questions sometimes -
and I have no choice sometimes but to let them flow,
otherwise something deep within gets obsessive about finding a "rational" answer.

Today's conundrum?

"What is 'fun'? Why aren't I having it?"

*facepalm* :dry:

answers on the back of a postcard plz, or pretty much anywhere I can find them on SC...

This one's been nagging away at me for some time...

2 hours ago, Hayy ibn Yaqzan said:

Today's conundrum?

"What is 'fun'? Why aren't I having it?"

Enjoyment of your life. You have a mental block.

If you are healthy, you have food and shelter, and nobody is trying to kill you, the only reason for you to not enjoy your life is your own choices. Everyone has stressful times, sad times, angry times. But you can decide to have fun during all the neutral or good times.

So... after some terror attacks in Germany now their politicians wants to ban burqa... how on earth can you connect these two?

It's like a boy, lone wolf idiot without any future that is good for nothing and has never been convinces himself that if he does something even more stupid than what he has done so far in his life he will get eternal paradise and as a result of his stupidity women should be banned from wearing burqa because that will stop the idiot boys in the future? What?

Here is another idea for these german idiot politicians with their fat white bellies: Stop meddling in other countries and stop using them as a play ground for your military.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/10/senior-german-ministers-call-for-ban-on-wearing-the-burqa/

Elon Musk is kind of crazy. However I like his enthusiasm. He will probably have to face a rude awakening about deep space travel. Perhaps then finally someone will do something about developing a protection system against van allen belt radiation surrounding the earth. Or like Trump who seems to have convinced a whopping chunk of people about the origins of ISIS, Elon Musk might disclose the truth of space explorations to the public.

Anyone studied anatomy?

I'm wondering, are all the cervical vertebrae the same size as each other? (is it the same for the  Lumbar and thoracic?). Or are some wider and some thinner? Or am I seeing some wider and thinner because of perspective?

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b23005573/f7.highres

Can someone also tell me what are the bones on both sides of the vertebrae are for? (I'm guessing these are where muscles are attached?)

Edited by Ibn Al-Shahid

The backache I got today... well, actually all my muscles are in pain. Plus this terrible headache... I feel I got the flu or something xD.

I am looking forward for your first SC anniversary thread LCM! XD wish you the best in this process you are living, there is nothing that boils my blood as much as this form of legitimized, normalized and socially approved injustice. Guess it's the consequence of a corrupted and a dramatically terribly deadly ignorant society.

1 hour ago, Bakir said:

The backache I got today... well, actually all my muscles are in pain. Plus this terrible headache... I feel I got the flu or something xD.

I am looking forward for your first SC anniversary thread LCM! XD wish you the best in this process you are living, there is nothing that boils my blood as much as this form of legitimized, normalized and socially approved injustice. Guess it's the consequence of a corrupted and a dramatically terribly deadly ignorant society.

No kidding, Bakir. America: The Land of the Free  (unless you're native.) What you are seeing here is 400-500 years of dehumanizing, stealing from and oppressing the natives finally rearing it's ugly head.

6 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

Absolutely despicable. How do you break a world record and still lose?

Homeboy got "Roy Jones Jnr'd". They just cant BEAR to see iranians killing it everywhere

On 5/15/2010 at 11:31 AM, Abbas. said:

I am thinking of trashing this thread :D

On the other hand, I also feel its a genuine 'off-topic' thread and I need to give members a break !

Talk about dilemmas ...

Salams

My goodness, to think this thread almost didn't survive.

How so many of our lives most important decisions and circumstances often decided by a split single decision.

In this case, you opted to show mercy. @Abbas.

Just wondering, did you do an Istikhara before deciding to allow this thread to live?

You also sound very Repenter-like here :P @repenter

13 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

OH, and I think this day completes my first year on this site. I was going to write something about that, but it will have to wait now. But what a difference a year makes in human lives...huh?

Congratulations (:

It's a testament to the higher facets of humanity that a Catholic Lady can call a shia forum her home (:

9 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Absolutely despicable. How do you break a world record and still lose?

Homeboy got "Roy Jones Jnr'd". They just cant BEAR to see iranians killing it everywhere

That's because these weight lifters have a lot of honor. They have very deep love of ahlul bayt. They openly condemn Israel, etc...

It's very bad for them to have Iranian athletes behave like that because it runs counter to their plan for the Islamic world.

How does it look for them when the strongest man in the world starts with Ya Allah! Ya Mohammad! And then after his lift he condemns Israel... 

It looks very bad for them.