Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Advanced Member

^ I doubt the big farms will disappear. Sure hope our local family farms don't. We have our farmers market in town every week. I don't raise animals for meat, so when we eat it, we can get meat there as well as any fruits or veggies we don't raise ( or which have developed an attitude that year) as well as local honey, handicrafts,etc. Plus, we always meet up with all our friends,so it's a social event. :grin:

Edited by LeftCoastMom
  • Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

Isn't it illegal to grow vegetables in your lawn, in 'merica? At times I really envy the benefits of your democratic representation and all your freedoms. :P

With that out of my system, indeed pretty much anything can be grown unless its some species that requires a specific temperature zone, soil pH or humidity. Its why I have been unable to grow blueberries and carrots successfully because they need low pH soils.

Growing a patch of mint was a good investment for these summers. Free home made ice shaken margaritas each day. Then someone gifted us a pair of chicken and they scratched and ruined the patch. I so want to eat that rooster alive and chew it up raw and I can see it in the eyes of my dog too, we both want it, but can't.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

I am neither a botanist nor a farmer but I wonder whether this whole hippie garden lawn movement is perhaps incredibly short sighted?

I know some guys who do urban farming. It looks and "feels" good but I am curious as to what actual farmers who know what they're doing, think about the viability of such projects.

It's free food! Who can complain about free food? 

It's viable as long as the people keep up the work. The only concern I can think of is attracting rodents and possums and skunks into neighborhoods.

• Advanced Member

Well, DD and I had one of those talks every parent wants before you shuffle off this mortal coil. The one that solves the mystery of whether anything you teach them stays with them when they are out of your presence and control. I feel fulfilled. :verryhappy:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LeftCoastMom said:

So, wait, my grandkids will have both their dad's and their grandad's name as part of their name over there in far Araby? They are going to have long-handled names. ( His family is trying to explain that to me.)

Yes, but the US birth certificate will probably only include "first", "middle", and "last" names. The rest of the name will most likely be legally undocumented. (Assuming the child is born in the US.)

• Advanced Member

^ yes,. They already are thinking of the " US Birth certificate names"...we were just talking about how they might formally be written up or referred to over there. Different matter it seems. They will also have tribal names here which won't show up on a birth certificate.

• Veteran Member
12 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

thoughts: I have a skeleton of a story, but dont know how to develop it into a full novel. how do you add "meat" to a story?

You add in secret admirers, jealous parties and a lot of interesting people with no consequence to the plot.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

As well as incest, terrorism and the bad guy is the good guys father?

heyy.. this has already been done in Star Wars... think of something original like.... errr......someone gets into trouble then gets out of it. :D  

2 minutes ago, starlight said:

heyy.. this has already been done in Star Wars... think of something original like.... errr......someone gets into trouble then gets out of it. :D  

Ok heres the outline

so theres this kid who lives under the stairs and on his 11th birthday he finds out hes a wizard and goes to a wizarding school. Im thinking of calling it "Twilight: the return of the king of space, the final frontier, I am Groot". the title is a work in progress. 

• Veteran Member
59 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

oi listen Im an author now, which means i am very high strung and sensitive and stuff and if you badmouth my "craft", I will just write you in as a salafi character in my story

How about a "salad character".

Brain salad, all chopped up?  :D

• Advanced Member

well, since DD is down in the dumps missing her husband, her best friends decided to take her out to see the weekly free movie down in the park in town to cheer her up and get her mind off of things. Today the folks running the program announced what it would be.

(The universe has a sense of humor.)

image.jpeg

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Hahah laughed hard. The one that amazes me most is the deadline one. I always try to make them understand how important and deadly (as their name says) they are in the professional world. No way... this next year starting in September I have 13h/week of pure teaching, I feel I am going to die hahah!

Edited by Bakir
  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Ruq said:

=) Lucky Abdulaziz to have such caring people looking after him. Did he hop away? does he still visit?

Actually I have not seen him since then but I heard him yesterday! I think he lives somewhere inside the building eating bugs etc. But also theres a bird living in the building too, and Abdulazizs fathers name was Na3ldodger and not Birddodger so.... RIP!

• Veteran Member

Warning this Rant :ranting:  maybe hazardous to your Psyche

So last week, Abbas or one of the Mods started putting all attempted  muta  threads into a separate section. Today, @magma blocked another attempt. (Thanks, bro. I guess you are The Good and The Ugly, not the Bad  :D )

Scrolling through thread titles l find somebody's wife is supposedly "interested" in women.

Yarabi. Help with my social sanity.

Folks,  S.C.  stands for Shi'a  Chat, not "Sex Channel".

Seriously, teenagers -especially when the World Garbage got you confused- can go to the Sister's or Brother's forum for directions. And never be afraid to behave yourselves.

But for you older people, being so pathetically, "sexually challenged" signifies an under developed personality.

When l was in High School and the teenagers started discovering things, l and the other farm kids were not the least bit impressed. Reason? Because in the mechanical sense, we all knew the Facts of Life before 1st Grade. And a lot of other stuff to go with it.

And some of you older people are only showing-off-for-yourselves.

So let SC have more history threads, political threads,  psychology threads, health threads, even geographical threads.

Rant Over.

I have relaxed a little now.

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Bakir said:

Hahah laughed hard. The one that amazes me most is the deadline one. I always try to make them understand how important and deadly (as their name says) they are in the professional world. No way... this next year starting in September I have 13h/week of pure teaching, I feel I am going to die hahah!

Lol! I have to admit that I was usually G 4 down.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, hasanhh said:

When l was in High School and the teenagers started discovering things, l and the other farm kids were not the least bit impressed. Reason? Because in the mechanical sense, we all knew the Facts of Life before 1st Grade. And a lot of other stuff to go with it.

Me and my kids, too.

image.jpeg

Edited by LeftCoastMom
  • Advanced Member

So...speaking of animals, I woke up from a nap today hearing the dog whining and yipping happily and SG's voice  praising him in the living room. I stumbled out there thinking he had just missed DD too much and jetted back here unexpectedly. 

DD had set up a Skype session for him and the dog.

• Veteran Member

Dont you hate when banana skins lie to you? I reckon the most trustworthy of bananas is Fyffes.

On 8/10/2016 at 1:18 AM, IbnSina said:

Actually I have not seen him since then but I heard him yesterday! I think he lives somewhere inside the building eating bugs etc. But also theres a bird living in the building too, and Abdulazizs fathers name was Na3ldodger and not Birddodger so.... RIP!

=( dont say that. He's Waveys understudy for ShiaChat mascot.

• Veteran Member
11 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

i dont think it is mg or another mineral that induces sleep. it is likely to be the tryptophan. it serves as building block of brain chemical called serotonin among others. Thats why eating bona can help or make irritable bowl syndrome worse. It also affect mood and sleep just like milk.