Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

5 hours ago, notme said:

Yes . I found at least 81 banana trees, two beautiful and productive fig trees@Gaius I. Caesar

You will be very popular come banana bread time with your neighbors...

SG has to go home to his family for a couple of weeks before school starts to get some of his things and file official papers, etc. 

DD is sad. He leaves tomorrow. 

Just now, LeftCoastMom said:

SG has to go home to his family for a couple of weeks before school starts to get some of his things and file official papers, etc. 

DD is sad. He leaves tomorrow. 

So it isn't feasible for her to go with him?

4 minutes ago, notme said:

So it isn't feasible for her to go with him?

She was going to but decided against it due to morning sickness, discomfort, and she has to get her own school stuff done. ( She has some scholarship business to attend to ). So his family wants us all to come out after the baby is born for a big celebration. SG is picking us up some appropriate attire for that trip.

This should be fun. 

Whatever it is I want tie-dye.

6 hours ago, notme said:

Yes @Gaius I. Caesar, @Bakir we've just moved into a new house and I've been very busy sorting, organizing, and repairing. This place is very nearly paradise! But it needs a ton of work. The house is not large but it's well planned so that all six of us can be home and it doesn't feel crowded. There is a small barn which has been converted to a cottage, and gardens and gardens and gardens, more than you would believe for an in town lot. But it's been at least a few years since anyone maintained the grounds. I found at least 81 banana trees, two beautiful and productive fig trees, and I think I saw grapes in an overgrown hedge. I'm still discovering new things every day. It's amazing what can be hidden on a half acre lot. 

But I'm checking in here a couple times a day. What's up, bro @Gaius I. Caesar?

Remember that time I said that I would check and see if I can play an musical instrument as a form of occupational therapy for the spasticity in my hands? 

Well, I asked Sistani last night. Currently waiting on an answer, should be interesting. 

Guest silasun
18 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

She was going to but decided against it due to morning sickness, discomfort, and she has to get her own school stuff done. ( She has some scholarship business to attend to ). So his family wants us all to come out after the baby is born for a big celebration. SG is picking us up some appropriate attire for that trip.

This should be fun. 

Whatever it is I want tie-dye.

Wow congrats to your family. Send the parents our blessings, if that's feasible.

Guest silasun

On another note... i got member of the week. I didnliterally nothing.

By the way @magma, my parents didnt give me a really strange name as you might guess from my profile name. Sila is a Turkish female name, it seems.

6 hours ago, notme said:

Yes @Gaius I. Caesar, @Bakir we've just moved into a new house and I've been very busy sorting, organizing, and repairing. This place is very nearly paradise! But it needs a ton of work. The house is not large but it's well planned so that all six of us can be home and it doesn't feel crowded. There is a small barn which has been converted to a cottage, and gardens and gardens and gardens, more than you would believe for an in town lot. But it's been at least a few years since anyone maintained the grounds. I found at least 81 banana trees, two beautiful and productive fig trees, and I think I saw grapes in an overgrown hedge. I'm still discovering new things every day. It's amazing what can be hidden on a half acre lot. 

But I'm checking in here a couple times a day. What's up, bro @Gaius I. Caesar?

Alhamdulillah I am very happy for you sister! InshaAllah we can all remember to praise Allah(SWT) in sad times as well as in happy times! May you and your family live in peace in your new house :)

Hmm @Darth Vader  I was going thru the archives from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back and I found a thread that you made where you asked if you could wear hijab because all the ladies in the shopping mall was chasing you.... hehe how did it turn out brother? They still chasing you?

26 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Remember that time I said that I would check and see if I can play an musical instrument as a form of occupational therapy for the spasticity in my hands? 

Well, I asked Sistani last night. Currently waiting on an answer, should be interesting. 

I am sure you can practice "war drumming". It is allowed.

26 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

I am sure you can practice "war drumming". It is allowed.

War drumming doesn't require finger flexibility. I hope they say it is permitted, or @Gaius I. Caesar will have to take up knitting or something. 

1 hour ago, Ruq said:

@Gaius I. Caesar & @notme Wouldnt piano be best for finger flexibility? or maybe a wind instrument like flute or clarinet.

No, something like a guitar or an oud is best for that.  It creates better wrist control, flexes and toughens the fingers  and strengthen my hands overall, which would be good for me. I can't hold things as good as I used to and recently I had a couple of accidents because of it.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

4 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Could you reference me on how I can ask sistani questions?

I remember before (years ago) I sent numerous questions to the sistani website, and even a bunch to the Sayyed Ammar Nakshawani website. I never get answered... So I sort of just stopped since.

10 minutes ago, Jafar moh said:

Could you reference me on how I can ask sistani questions?

I remember before (years ago) I sent numerous questions to the sistani website, and even a bunch to the Sayyed Ammar Nakshawani website. I never get answered... So I sort of just stopped since.

I just went on Sistani.org and clicked on the Send Question box and typed in my question. I didn't do anything special, bro. 

6 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Hmm @Darth Vader  I was going thru the archives from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back and I found a thread that you made where you asked if you could wear hijab because all the ladies in the shopping mall was chasing you.... hehe how did it turn out brother? They still chasing you?

Perhaps the point I wanted to raise was about a revolting experience brought about as a result of turning women into pseudo men by giving them "equality with men" and making them dislike and lose their natural identity we have made them just like corrupt men if not worse.

Nothing to "hehe" about.

Edited by Darth Vader

Hahah @notme that's so nice to hear. If you like gardening (and/or your family too) you should absolutely make good use of all this ground hahah. Nothing like organic home grown veggies and fruits. Blessings to you in your new home!! Keep up the work hahah.

Does anyone else watch the teams parade at the opening ceremony of the olympic games? it's just people walking and waving flags but is somehow great imo.

15 minutes ago, Bakir said:

Nothing like organic home grown veggies and fruits.

Do you grow your own too? im so jealous of all of you who grow your own veggies and fruit =/ we're growing some ginger plants in pots atm but only 2 have bothered to grow.

2 hours ago, Ruq said:

Do you grow your own too? im so jealous of all of you who grow your own veggies and fruit =/ we're growing some ginger plants in pots atm but only 2 have bothered to grow.

I had my entire lunch out of the garden yesterday. Have you tried container gardening for veges or fruits? Or do you have garden space?

2 hours ago, Bakir said:

Hahah @notme that's so nice to hear. If you like gardening (and/or your family too) you should absolutely make good use of all this ground hahah. Nothing like organic home grown veggies and fruits. Blessings to you in your new home!! Keep up the work hahah.

We have the "food not lawns" movement going on in the region.

image.jpeg

Edited by LeftCoastMom
Added photo

15 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I had my entire lunch out of the garden yesterday. Have you tried container gardening for veges or fruits? Or do you have garden space?

That must be so satisfying =) we do have a garden put its patio, lawn and some bushes. There is a type of crab apple tree but the fuit is not edible and the flowers are in pots. We've grown a tomato plant in a pot before. I'd really like to grow big stuff though, like cabbages, parsnips, beetroot and the like.

I am neither a botanist nor a farmer but I wonder whether this whole hippie garden lawn movement is perhaps incredibly short sighted?

I know some guys who do urban farming. It looks and "feels" good but I am curious as to what actual farmers who know what they're doing, think about the viability of such projects.

2 hours ago, Ruq said:

That must be so satisfying =) we do have a garden put its patio, lawn and some bushes. There is a type of crab apple tree but the fuit is not edible and the flowers are in pots. We've grown a tomato plant in a pot before. I'd really like to grow big stuff though, like cabbages, parsnips, beetroot and the like.

If you get a good container gardening book or go to a website for your area ( key!), you would be surprised what you can grow! 

1 hour ago, baradar_jackson said:

I am neither a botanist nor a farmer but I wonder whether this whole hippie garden lawn movement is perhaps incredibly short sighted?

I know some guys who do urban farming. It looks and "feels" good but I am curious as to what actual farmers who know what they're doing, think about the viability of such projects.

Actually, even in towns before the 1950's ( when " supermarkets" started), it was common to have a small kitchen garden for food. Not rocket science. Everyone across the political spectrum had them. Folks  across the political spectrum today who believe in more food sovereignty and security  and who want to know what's been sprayed on their food, what has been used to fertilize and water  it, etc. have them now.  My friend a few miles away  is hardly a hippie ( she and I  joke we go to the polls together to cancel each other out), but she and I trade heirloom seeds , discuss our laying hen issues ,and give each other advice regarding garden layouts over tea. I'm sure the corporate soil-destroying mono -cropping agro-businesses don't appreciate our attempts at food independence and preserving the good clean dirt at our places...neither of us care.

image.jpg