Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Ruq said:

The earth could be destroyed by an asteroid in less than 200 years. Even if WW3 is avoided and a Trump presidency survived, are we going to be able to cobble together the technology and resources we need to blast the asteroid away from the earth? thinking gif.gif 

Yes...we are good at blasting.

3 hours ago, Ruq said:

The earth could be destroyed by an asteroid in less than 200 years. Even if WW3 is avoided and a Trump presidency survived, are we going to be able to cobble together the technology and resources we need to blast the asteroid away from the earth? thinking gif.gif 

I think we will, if we see it coming. Far enough away, it would only need a little nudge. We have the technology to do that.

Guest silasun

So it's motnunh, and I feel better (thanks ruq-didn't have a hot chocolate.... engerland is a cauldron these days...). Thanks baradar anf lcm too

But I am having a few mood swings recently... not in interaction with others (I sm quite a mild dude) but on the inside I often feel down. Do you guys have a practical solution... I don't really have zny ccool peepz tp hang out with thesd days either.

11 hours ago, silasun said:

My heart is broken, brain is tired. Sadness has prevailed and I am dead on the inside.... :/

I need a bit of help

I am sorry to hear that, all I can say is that whenever you rely on people to be the source of anything for you, you will be disappointed. It is just a matter of time. So rely only on Allah(SWT) and you will never be disappointed.

And do not expect life on dunya to be easy, the Holy Quran says:

[90:4] We have certainly created man into hardship.

And do not expect life on dunya to be fun either, because you do not go to the airport to have fun, you go to the airport to find your flight and make it in time.

4 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Am I arguing for pollution and wasting resources? Or am I arguing for less strict rules on land rights?

I'm defending against pollution and wasting resources and arguing for israf as well as stating the reason why the Green Party appeals to me, I never said anything about land rights. 

3 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

You don't think that the Green Party will be shutting down coal mines and other stuff potentially putting thousands of people out of of jobs?

You don't think the Green Party will regulate it so that you cannot get rid of such tree because it is "endangered" and other stuff?

@Ruq I don't know how to reply directly to your post from my handheld mobile phone device (I'm over 35yrs old), but you can go to sleep tonight knowing that the technology already exists to avoid such a morbid scenario. In fact it wouldn't take much effort to divert an asteroid, as long as its trajectory is known well in advance. 

45 minutes ago, The Batman said:

You don't think that the Green Party will be shutting down coal mines and other stuff potentially putting thousands of people out of of jobs?

You don't think the Green Party will regulate it so that you cannot get rid of such tree because it is "endangered" and other stuff?

Why do we need coal mines for energy  when we have plenty of alternative energy sources that can be developed to give the jobs to thousands of people. Remember coal is dirty and limited, it pollutes the air you breathe and once the source of coal runs out - that's it no more coal. Also, consider this if you will: Breathing in coal dust is like smoking a pack of cigarettes and can cause cancer. There has to be another healthier option.  Oxygen is rather limited too, like our time in the Dunya,  once that's gone, that's it. No more oxygen either. We must find an alternative energy source that doesn't pollute the air as well. 

You don't think that we will be questioned on we treated our responsibility as vicegerents on the Earth? 

As for endangered species, both trees and animals, let them replenish and become more numerous before hunting and fishing or cutting it down. In the meantime, from my perspective, there are plenty of other animals to hunt from and other trees to make wood from.  When one conserves resources and protects the land, it is a way of worshipping Allah (swt) and remembering Him and giving thanks to him. 

The bleeding heart Left and Zionist Right do not care about this, all they care about is doing anything to keep the consumer capitalist machine going and making people more godless and immoral while engaging illegal foreign entanglements in the international community. As the consumer capitalist machine grows to keep up with demand, we become forgetful and waste resources and as a result, the land suffers terribly due to our foolishness. 

The Green Party gives people the voice to stop the reckless damage that such consumer attitudes have caused to Allah's (swt) creation. May not be the best party in the world and you may not like my answer, but at least I can sleep better knowing that I have a say in politics and a tool which to fight Zionism with, Batman.

I hope you take the time to read this very carefully @The Batman

41 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Why do we need coal mines for energy  when we have plenty of alternative energy sources that can be developed to give the jobs to thousands of people. Remember coal is dirty and limited, it pollutes the air you breathe and once the source of coal runs out - that's it no more coal. Also, consider this if you will: Breathing in coal dust is like smoking a pack of cigarettes and can cause cancer. There has to be another healthier option.  Oxygen is rather limited too, like our time in the Dunya,  once that's gone, that's it. No more oxygen either. We must find an alternative energy source that doesn't pollute the air as well. 

You don't think that we will be questioned on we treated our responsibility as vicegerents on the Earth? 

As for endangered species, both trees and animals, let them replenish and become more numerous before hunting and fishing or cutting it down. In the meantime, from my perspective, there are plenty of other animals to hunt from and other trees to make wood from.  When one conserves resources and protects the land, it is a way of worshipping Allah (swt) and remembering Him and giving thanks to him. 

The bleeding heart Left and Zionist Right do not care about this, all they care about is doing anything to keep the consumer capitalist machine going and making people more godless and immoral while engaging illegal foreign entanglements in the international community. As the consumer capitalist machine grows to keep up with demand, we become forgetful and waste resources and as a result, the land suffers terribly due to our foolishness. 

The Green Party gives people the voice to stop the reckless damage that such consumer attitudes have caused to Allah's (swt) creation. May not be the best party in the world and you may not like my answer, but at least I can sleep better knowing that I have a say in politics and a tool which to fight Zionism with, Batman.

I hope you take the time to read this very carefully @The Batman

All of this has nothing to do with my comment because my comment is specific to halal and haram. 

But anyway, I think the discussion had better end.

4 hours ago, The Batman said:

Do you think the President has enough power to do any of that?  Congress has to agree before anything can happen, and Congress is still mostly bipartisan.  Look, man, you want to talk about coal, I grew up in West Virginia, one of the states most affected by coal mine regulations.  I have family who have worked in the mines or for the mining companies.  Have you ever heard of mountaintop removal mining?  Have you ever seen a slag pond?  (Or the results of a slag pond dam breach?) Do you know anyone who was afflicted with Black Lung? There has to be a balance between jobs and environmental protection, and there have to be alternate economic bases found or created to replace the lost mining and industry jobs in places like Appalachia and Michigan.  Entire states are turning into slums.

6 hours ago, The Batman said:

All of this has nothing to do with my comment because my comment is specific to halal and haram. 

But anyway, I think the discussion had better end.

Really, because I didn't see anything related to halal or haram in your comment: It mostly just looks like you're arguing with me for the sake of arguing and being contrary. 

By the way, just for future reference when discussing US politics, the President has very little power overall. It's mostly Congress that holds power to do anything and right now it is highly  bipartisan right now like sis notme said.  

I think this discussion should have ended a couple comments ago. 

13 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Where is repenter? @repenter

All the hate and anger bouncing about ungrounded need the proper target-- a world of warcraft junkie, a destroyer of poor masses of shrimp, a norwegian / iranian, a pseudo tough guy.

*sniff sniff*............smells like jealousy!!!

21 hours ago, notme said:

I think we will, if we see it coming. Far enough away, it would only need a little nudge. We have the technology to do that.

15 hours ago, beardedbaker said:

@Ruq I don't know how to reply directly to your post from my handheld mobile phone device (I'm over 35yrs old), but you can go to sleep tonight knowing that the technology already exists to avoid such a morbid scenario. In fact it wouldn't take much effort to divert an asteroid, as long as its trajectory is known well in advance. 

Okay, i trust you guys so im going to cross this off my list.

2 hours ago, notme said:

@Ruq

i-like-to-think-these-bears-were-suppose

01cute.jpg Thats so sweet. They do look very similar. Maybe its the same bear? it looks like a she-bear whos taking a break from her misbehaved cubs. I reckon shes thinking 'when theyre grown its going to be MY time'.

( about five  days ago) DD: Please get a life case for the new iPhone your father got you, SG. He wanted you to have it in case I need to get ahold of you for my pre-natal appointments or if anything comes up, etc. 

SG: I will be careful with it...don't worry , honey. 

DD: or maybe insurance on it, too? It's a nice one.

SG: okay, maybe I will think about it...but everything will be fine, I'm sure. I love you.

( Two days ago...DD to me)DD:Do you think I should get him a life case as a present? I don't want to be the naggy wife.

Me: Yes you should...ASAP.

DD: Okay, I have to go into town next week. I will pick one up then.

( Today) DD: SG called and said they were having a good time fishing, He called from my brother's  phone. His fell in the bait bucket.

:cry:

I have been in Poland for more than a week now and I swear I am the most exotic man in this town im in.

Theres literally no foreigners in this town at all, nobody speaks English, nobody comes here for tourism.

In comes this bearded ISIS looking fellow with non white skin. I've been getting all kinds of looks, from the men its the "hide your wife hide your kids" looks, the "he must have lost his way towards syria", the "oh look its one of those guys from TV news" and not to forget the "oh now the muslims are taking over". From the women its the "please dont rape me" look and the "forbidden fruit" look. From the kids its the "mama what is that?" look and the "wheres my parents?!" look and nobody has a beard here.

And the other day this old polish woman walked past me and looked at me and said some stuff in polish that didnt sound good because she kept walking as she said them... I am most likely the only muslim in this town and I will be here until new year iA.... eating fish and vegetables because forget finding halal meet... even the pizza bakers, döner sellers and taxi drivers are polish, can you imagine that?

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

I have been in Poland for more than a week now and I swear I am the most exotic man in this town im in.

Theres literally no foreigners in this town at all, nobody speaks English, nobody comes here for tourism.

In comes this bearded ISIS looking fellow with non white skin. I've been getting all kinds of looks, from the men its the "hide your wife hide your kids" looks, the "he must have lost his way towards syria", the "oh look its one of those guys from TV news" and not to forget the "oh now the muslims are taking over". From the women its the "please dont rape me" look and the "forbidden fruit" look. From the kids its the "mama what is that?" look and the "wheres my parents?!" look and nobody has a beard here.

And the other day this old polish woman walked past me and looked at me and said some stuff in polish that didnt sound good because she kept walking as she said them... I am most likely the only muslim in this town and I will be here until new year iA.... eating fish and vegetables because forget finding halal meet... even the pizza bakers, döner sellers and taxi drivers are polish, can you imagine that?

To quote Chappelle and Chris Rock - get a white friend.