Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

They are anti-Zionist which is why they appeal to me and another thing, they not tree huggers, they are merely cleaning and protecting what Allah (swt) has created. Again, your comment is as usual, really ignorant and lacking in akhlaq. 

I find this amusing. I didn't even insult them, I was asking a question, whether they're huggers or not. I'm starting to think it is you who lacks akhlaq by continuing to accuse others.

They are not anti-Zionist, because they believe that the State of Israel should exist. There's no way around the defintion.

Cleaning and protecting what Allah has created? Allah never said it is haram to build cities. If a piece of land is under the authority of the State or it is a private property, there is no right for people to come and stop them from building what they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, notme said:

That, among other things. But what's wrong with hugging trees?

Nothing, people can go and hug their own trees. But so-called "environmentalists" shouldn't get upset when other people cut down their own trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Batman said:

I find this amusing. I didn't even insult them, I was asking a question, whether they're huggers or not. I'm starting to think it is you who lacks akhlaq by continuing to accuse others.

No, I am sorry but it is definitely you who lacks the akhlaq, from what I've seen of you,  you always seem to make unfair judgments on others. You were warned by Starlight in the chat room not too long ago  about calling people's conversations "useless". I could bring past examples of your behavior but I won't. This isn't the thread to do so. 

Quote

They are not anti-Zionist, because they believe that the State of Israel should exist. There's no way around the defintion.

Obviously, you never read this: "US policy regarding Israel and Palestine must be revised to prioritize international law, peace and human rights for all people, no matter their religion or nationality. End US policies that have supported the worst tendencies of the Israeli government in its treatment of the people of Palestine." From Jill Stein's platform, the leading Green Party candidate in the election.  The Green Party in America is mostly people who would normally be described as Independents in the ballot and it is the only party that I am aware of that doesn't have Zionist tendencies unlike the other parties do.  Please don't try to be an expert on American politics, sounds harsh but you would be better off not saying anything at all.

I never said anything about cities being haram, bro. I merely that it is a sin to behave irresponsibly and destroy what Allah (swt) has created when He has commanded of us to be vicegerents on the Earth and it's creatures. It is haram to pollute the land and waters knowing that it will harm the people for generations to come while they remain unaware of the dangers. It is also a sin to play God and genetically alter the crops and mosquitoes like the way Monsanto and their ilk has. Whether a land is under the authority of the State or private property is irrelevant and beside the point when all the land belongs to Allah (swt ) and when we are disobeying Him by being heedlessly destructive and taking money as an idol as well endangering the people and society as a whole. It is a test from Allah (swt)  and we are failing miserably...

Quote

Cleaning and protecting what Allah has created? Allah never said it is haram to build cities. If a piece of land is under the authority of the State or it is a private property, there is no right for people to come and stop them from building what they want.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

No, I am sorry but it is definitely you who lacks the akhlaq, from what I've seen of you,  you always seem to make unfair judgments on others. You were warned by Starlight in the chat room not too long ago  about calling people's conversations "useless". I could bring past examples of your behavior but I won't. This isn't the thread to do so. 

Obviously, you never read this: "US policy regarding Israel and Palestine must be revised to prioritize international law, peace and human rights for all people, no matter their religion or nationality. End US policies that have supported the worst tendencies of the Israeli government in its treatment of the people of Palestine." From Jill Stein's platform, the leading Green Party candidate in the election.  The Green Party in America is mostly people who would normally be described as Independents in the ballot and it is the only party that I am aware of that doesn't have Zionist tendencies unlike the other parties do.  Please don't try to be an expert on American politics, sounds harsh but you would be better off not saying anything at all.

I never said anything about cities being haram, bro. I merely that it is a sin to behave irresponsibly and destroy what Allah (swt) has created when He has commanded of us to be vicegerents on the Earth and it's creatures. It is haram to pollute the land and waters knowing that it will harm the people for generations to come while they remain unaware of the dangers. It is also a sin to play God and genetically alter the crops and mosquitoes like the way Monsanto and their ilk has. Whether a land is under the authority of the State or private property is irrelevant and beside the point when all the land belongs to Allah (swt ) and when we are disobeying Him by being heedlessly destructive and taking money as an idol as well endangering the people and society as a whole. It is a test from Allah (swt)  and we are failing miserably...

Wow. What a pathetic comment.

You failed to back up your original comment where you attempted to "prove" a lack of akhlaq in my original post to you. So you tried to save yourself the embarrassment by telling the world about a "previous issue" inside of the chatroom which happened a while ago. How pathetic is that? Can you prove to me where I lacked akhlaq in my original post to you? Or are you simply someone who likes to spew out the word "akhlaq" for no real reason? 

All I asked is whether they are a bunch of tree huggers or not, I never accused them of being such, I asked YOU a question. Get that through your head.

I have read that quote about the Green Party. That does not prove Anti-Zionism, that proves an anti-Israeli stance. An anti-Zionist stance would be to believe Israel has NO RIGHT to exist. Once you bring me proof that the Green Party supports such a stance, I will then admit to you they are anti-Zionist. Please don't try to act like an expert on terminology, I'm not trying to be harsh on you, but it's best you search up what terms mean before you use them incorrectly.

No one supports pollution, I don't know how you got that from my statement. Since when did being against tree hugging become being pro-pollution?

Allah has given humans many rights and freedoms to do certain things in the land. To oppose another man chopping down his own tree that he owns, that is haram. Allah has given him private authority to cut down that tree. Are you denying environmentalists don't get upset when many trees are cut down? Yet it's none of their business.

Edited by The Batman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Paris Hilton says she thinks she might be targeted by ISIS.

Guess every dark cloud has a silver lining.

There goes any chance you had for some "humanitarian award", Leftie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am watching this BBC report on the Rio O-limp-picks.

{lf l had to run like that l'd limp the rest of the year}

The report says that viruses, raw waste, drug resistant bacteria, ... has turned the bay into a toxic soup.

l guess this will be remembered as "the Sewer Olympics"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Batman protecting the environment and enjoining others to also do so is part of Islam. As humans, we are stewards of the earth, and need to find the best possible balance between meeting human needs and not causing harm to future generations of people or, secondarily, other species. Maybe there is no hadith specifically saying don't build factories that spew toxic waste next to villages, but there are hadith forbidding urinating next to potential water supply. It's the same thing, only on a larger scale.

 

So yes, I'm a "tree hugger", proud to be one. You should be too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, notme said:

@The Batman protecting the environment and enjoining others to also do so is part of Islam. As humans, we are stewards of the earth, and need to find the best possible balance between meeting human needs and not causing harm to future generations of people or, secondarily, other species. Maybe there is no hadith specifically saying don't build factories that spew toxic waste next to villages, but there are hadith forbidding urinating next to potential water supply. It's the same thing, only on a larger scale.

 

So yes, I'm a "tree hugger", proud to be one. You should be too.

I think sister you are getting the impression that I support pollution. I don't (why would any human want that?) - I believe in clean air and water. And yes it would be haram to poison waters which could potentially haram people.

This is not the case with modern environmentalists. Environmentalists are complaining about "deforestation" to create cities (completely within private rights) - and/or closing down oil and coal jobs which aren't haram at all. Destroying people's livelihoods over petty reasons.

Islam gives people many land rights, which sadly, environmentalists want to take down.

And finally, you can be a tree hugger sis, but you cannot complain when others cut down their trees when it is within their Islamic rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Batman said:

And finally, you can be a tree hugger sis, but you cannot complain when others cut down their trees when it is within their Islamic rights.

I think we all will agree that the middle path is best. It is not haram to cut trees, to build factories, to pave giant parking lots, to dispose of waste. Sensible environmentalism strives to find the balance between current human needs and the environment. Sensible "tree huggers" don't aim to keep every tree, just enough. 

This house that my family just bought has practically a banana grove, dozens of banana trees. I love the trees - they're gorgeous - but we are going to have to cut some of them to clear paths and open up some space. And still I consider myself a "tree hugger".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

There goes any chance you had for some "humanitarian award", Leftie.

I am so sorry, @hasanhh. Please forgive me for my uncharitable behavior. It was an unchristian thing to say. So now that I have finished my Mea culpas, I have one question,

Do you think I could get them to take the Kardashians, too?

( That is probably worth the extra years in Purgatory) 

#sorrynotsorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest silasun

Sometimes it might be more exciting if BBC replaced Robot wars with SC wars on Sunday evenings.

Seriously guys, why can't we all just be friends and hug each other (and trees too)...

Edited by silasun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Batman said:

I think sister you are getting the impression that I support pollution. I don't (why would any human want that?) - I believe in clean air and water. And yes it would be haram to poison waters which could potentially haram people.

This is not the case with modern environmentalists. Environmentalists are complaining about "deforestation" to create cities (completely within private rights) - and/or closing down oil and coal jobs which aren't haram at all. Destroying people's livelihoods over petty reasons.

Islam gives people many land rights, which sadly, environmentalists want to take down.

And finally, you can be a tree hugger sis, but you cannot complain when others cut down their trees when it is within their Islamic rights.

Lol. Well. Tree-hugger bashing aside, and taking into consideration what @notme and @Darth Vader have said...this is the real scoop around here.

There are restrictions on what one does with one's land. Always has been and always will be. The reason is that what you do on your property affects mine. Ecosystems and watersheds do not care about property lines. For instance, if the farmer upstream of me cuts too many trees, it can create too much runoff which will affect my water quality and destroy my fields. Likewise, if the one uphill of me cuts too many trees, the runoff ,seepage, and lack of root retaining systems  will create a landslide and we have had people killed by those. The trees are more than just pretty things to look at. 

Besides the endangered species trees that you have to get a permit to cut, even if they are on your property, you have a duty to not harm your neighbors. Any decent person selling you the property will tell you what issues there are so you can decide if you want to play by the rules or not. If not, you can be hauled into court for damages. Back in the day, people would often just dispense with court and haul you into the forest. If you did not come out no one would look too hard for you.

The " tree-huggers" here often consist of farmers, ranchers, fishermen, and hunters who take a dim view of folks who think their rights supersede everyone else's.  Even timber companies have found their expensive equipment comes to grief overnight. I shed a tear for those innocent bulldozers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Batman said:

Wow. What a pathetic comment.

You failed to back up your original comment where you attempted to "prove" a lack of akhlaq in my original post to you. So you tried to save yourself the embarrassment by telling the world about a "previous issue" inside of the chatroom which happened a while ago. How pathetic is that? Can you prove to me where I lacked akhlaq in my original post to you? Or are you simply someone who likes to spew out the word "akhlaq" for no real reason? 

All I asked is whether they are a bunch of tree huggers or not, I never accused them of being such, I asked YOU a question. Get that through your head.

I have read that quote about the Green Party. That does not prove Anti-Zionism, that proves an anti-Israeli stance. An anti-Zionist stance would be to believe Israel has NO RIGHT to exist. Once you bring me proof that the Green Party supports such a stance, I will then admit to you they are anti-Zionist. Please don't try to act like an expert on terminology, I'm not trying to be harsh on you, but it's best you search up what terms mean before you use them incorrectly.

No one supports pollution, I don't know how you got that from my statement. Since when did being against tree hugging become being pro-pollution?

Allah has given humans many rights and freedoms to do certain things in the land. To oppose another man chopping down his own tree that he owns, that is haram. Allah has given him private authority to cut down that tree. Are you denying environmentalists don't get upset when many trees are cut down? Yet it's none of their business.

 

Not to defend the hippies, but: it's not just the business of the person, group, or state to which the trees belong. At least, it's not just their business if they are committing israf. We are not allowed to simply waste resources which were divinely bestowed upon us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I am so sorry, @hasanhh. Please forgive me for my uncharitable behavior. It was an unchristian thing to say. So now that I have finished my Mea culpas, I have one question,

Do you think I could get them to take the Kardashians, too?

( That is probably worth the extra years in Purgatory) 

#sorrynotsorry

Well, first, lt is the Cartrashians...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, notme said:

I think we all will agree that the middle path is best.    ...

No, we don't "all will agree". At least I do not.

This neo-communist Hegelian Dialectic stuff is a hangover from the 20th Century.

thesis develops an anti-thesis ---> synthesis which morphs into a new thesis ...    :dwarf:"give me a mind break"

Which brings me to a "Thought":  Which is it?

"All gov'ts possess communist characteristics."

or

"Old communist gov'ts had the characteristics of expected administrative behaviors."

Note: the thread title is "Thoughts", not "Good Thoughts".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest silasun

My heart is broken, brain is tired. Sadness has prevailed and I am dead on the inside.... :/

I need a bit of help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 30, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Never mind, I take it back. Jill Stein would be a pretty good option, her platform fits my values. 

I knew I could count on you. The Libertarians, whatever their good and bad points, did not seem your style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I knew I could count on you. The Libertarians, whatever their good and bad points, did not seem your style.

I never was Libertarian, I mean I tried but they are too close to the Republicans for my taste. However I do wish there was a group of "green conservatives" who are or strongly support Muslims and their community here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The earth could be destroyed by an asteroid in less than 200 years. Even if WW3 is avoided and a Trump presidency survived, are we going to be able to cobble together the technology and resources we need to blast the asteroid away from the earth? thinking gif.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silasun said:

My heart is broken, brain is tired. Sadness has prevailed and I am dead on the inside.... :/

I need a bit of help

 

You know the expression, "turn that frown upside down?"

 

That expression is garbage. What you need to do is turn that frown into a scowl. Turn that sadness into pure hatred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, silasun said:

My heart is broken, brain is tired. Sadness has prevailed and I am dead on the inside.... :/

I need a bit of help

Treat yourself to a hot chocolate and have a good sleep. InshAllah things will seem better in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ruq said:

The earth could be destroyed by an asteroid in less than 200 years. Even if WW3 is avoided and a Trump presidency survived, are we going to be able to cobble together the technology and resources we need to blast the asteroid away from the earth? thinking gif.gif 

Looks like you have seen Deep Impact and Armageddon a few times. I have too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

 

Not to defend the hippies, but: it's not just the business of the person, group, or state to which the trees belong. At least, it's not just their business if they are committing israf. We are not allowed to simply waste resources which were divinely bestowed upon us.

Building cities is not israf bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...