Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

55 minutes ago, Ruq said:

Have you a lot on your mind? i suggest trying a body scan meditation and if youre still awake after 30-45 mins try an audiobook. Theres one called 'An edible history of humanity' on youtube that sometimes helps me drop off. Its actually quite interesting but the voice is good for falling asleep. Theres one called 'The history of standard oil' that might help you slip into unconsciousness through sheer boredom (unless youre interested in that kind of thing O.o).

I have an audiobook of A Tale of Two Cities that I can't stay awake for even 5 minutes. The narrator/reader isn't bad, just very soothing.

So apparently there was some "mystery love interest" Beethoven had whom he referred to in his letters as "my immortal beloved." Nobody has figured out which "woman" he was referring to.

My question: what exactly is preventing us from inferring that he was referring to God?

Some folks want to project their own low level on others.

6 hours ago, hasanhh said:

2325hrs27July16 Sign shown during Obama's speech:

Bernie has my heart; Hillar has my vote

It's a free country, so she can vote for anything she wants.

This presidential election there are only two choices: Gary Johnson or Jill Stein. I don't really agree fully with the positions of either, but either of those two would be better than either major party thug. 

Go Gary, 2016. Yay. 

On July 27, 2016 at 9:11 AM, DigitalUmmah said:

In a universe that expands infinitely outwards, a mind that descends infinitely inwards, an entire planet to explore, neighbours and hobby groups and communities to join, art to create, culture to enjoy, exotic foods to try, interesting places to visit and people to learn from....no one has the right to be bored! You darn young'uns! Youth is wasted on the young!

This is going up on my wall. 

CM

Yes

What are you doing now?

Reviewing articles 

Great, write an abstract and send it today

I just meant , reviewing with eye, didn't really write a letter 

No problem, just write it and send it today, cause tomorrow is deadline for the abstract submission for the conference ... 0.o 

talk about short notices , now my mind is like " hooolooallaoodj.." i can't even force it to open the Word..

19 hours ago, notme said:

I have an audiobook of A Tale of Two Cities that I can't stay awake for even 5 minutes. The narrator/reader isn't bad, just very soothing.

One of my favourite Dickens =) yes i agree that the voice quality is key. My favourite readers are Orson Welles, Richard Burton and Joanna Lumley. Theres quite a few of Orson Welles on YT because he did radio shows.

6 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Is it haram for me to listen to rammstein while I do weight lifting? I might add that I do not understand a single word of what they are saying.

How about these? You can definitely argue for their permissability.

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

On 7/28/2016 at 6:04 AM, notme said:

This presidential election there are only two choices: Gary Johnson or Jill Stein. I don't really agree fully with the positions of either, but either of those two would be better than either major party thug. 

Go Gary, 2016. Yay. 

As it stands now, I'll have to vote for Trump to cancel my politically challenged sister's vote for Hillar.

Don't forget to vote in my poll in General Politics.

4 hours ago, Vestige said:

^I once listened to this and lifted 20kg with my finger.

so slow for a gym.. what were you exercising ?

We were once free and peaceful. Farmers, fields and book.. The west came to liberate us, killed the dream with multinational terrorists they hired 

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

As it stands now, I'll have to vote for Trump to cancel my politically challenged sister's vote for Hillar.

Do we grade her on wordcraft and delivery....or veracity?

53 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Do we grade her on wordcraft and delivery....or veracity?

I never "knew" veracity was an indicee of politicians.   :grin:

"political veracity" --now, ain't that an oxy-imbecilic term?  ["oxymore-on" is auto deleted]

Sub-note: did you vote in my poll?

Edited by hasanhh

Some Muslims attempt to please the Jews and the Christians by rejecting what they view as "harsh" in our religion. This is wrong.

And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper. 

Surat Al-Baqarah/Ayah 120

We shouldn't follow our whims or desires, we should submit to Allah [SWT].

Edited by The Batman

"I just can't get over this. The people who called us conspiracy theorists for posting about corruptions and crimes of the authority are now busy posting about Trump's Russian connection. Doesn't it matter that the thing is smearing piece of bad* conspiracy theory coming out of the establishment? We all hate Trump's authoritative drivel* but the stuff about Russia that our government have been saying are hideous war propaganda. Period. Trump knows it and he is capitalizing on that. Just as he is capitalizing on economic sufferings endured by many. This is not even about lesser evilism this time. It's between lying bad-person* and scary bad-person. They are all bad-persons*. And both of them are lying and scary. But honestly, I'm scared of the people. It's bad*." - A conspiracy theorist

11 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I'll vote to cancel out your vote as it is highly dangerous for the both of us and severely politically challenged. 

14 hours ago, The Batman said:

It really depends on your marja. 

Yes. I believe Sayed Khamenei would allow these, as they can't really be used in sinful gatherings and are somewhat patriotic.

17 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Youre getting hysterical now, have a time out 9bbc76d5.gif