Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

6 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

What trouble you are facing brother.

When I browse through my phone (on pc it just works fine) on chrome browser I get Invalid certificate error or sometimes connection not secure. I click on Advance (at the bottom) and the 'Proceed to al-Islam.org anyway (unsafe)' and site opens. 

Hope that helps. 

I keep getting that strange certificate error thing and I don't want to damage my phone so I back out. So frustrating because up until a month ago, it never did this.  Has your phone still been working? 

7 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

What trouble you are facing brother.

When I browse through my phone (on pc it just works fine) on chrome browser I get Invalid certificate error or sometimes connection not secure. I click on Advance (at the bottom) and the 'Proceed to al-Islam.org anyway (unsafe)' and site opens. 

Hope that helps. 

10 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I am still having the worst trouble with Al Islam.org., I have no idea what's wrong with the site. 

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I keep getting that strange certificate error thing and I don't want to damage my phone so I back out. So frustrating because up until a month ago, it never did this.  Has your phone still been working? 

UGH

I started a thread about this EXACT thing, everyone was like "its working fine for me"

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Yes. Working as usual. Just click on proceed anyway. It doesn't ask me anymore just shows a red cross over https.

It could be due to number of reasons:

The device does not have digital certificates that the website is using.

The site's certificate has expired and needs renewal (valid uptill 2018. I checked)

The SSL certificate is not issued by a Trusted CA (Certificate Authority) or a self-signed certificate is used to secure the website.

Website is secured with outdated encryption algorithm.

and others..

I think someone should talk to al-islam.org site's admin.

Edited by Lover of Ahlulbait (ams)

I'm glad SG has a good temperament.

We went to the clinic in another  nearby town to get some blood work and other tests done for the pregnancy.

The technician  got her into the room and then came back out to the waiting room full of people and loudly asked if my daughter's " boyfriend" would like to come in with her. 

( Don't know how she didn't look at the paperwork or missed the wedding rings,but guess they just look too young.)

Before anyone could say anything,SG kept his cool and said," No, ma'am. Her boyfriend is not interested because he does not exist. Her husband is quite interested in what is going on with his wife, however, so I'll be coming right in."

:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, mina said:

"Those who believe in looking to the West for the progress of the country (Iran) have lost their minds because wisdom tells us to learn from experience."

-Imam Khamenei 
When will people get some insight?

1] The News. No, l'm not joking. People, especially teenagers and younger, think about and try-to-relate-to what they see and hear. If the news/entertainment is about the trash-in-the-World, by default that is what they will relate to. If the news is about innovation, engineering advancements, technological history, and such --then they will related to that more often.

Example from the news about 3 years ago. The subject was the competitive nature for news viewership and how the "dancers" were used to gain viewers in ltaly. In the segment, a headmistress of a prominent girls school was interview. She said that in the 1970s (and maybe included the 80s) the girls talked about being doctors, lawyers and all. Then she said, with all the current media attention being about dancers, the girls only talk about being dancers.

Experience is not necessarily your own, but also what you learn from others. IndividuaI people or countries.

2] "looking ... West" is an internationally common theme. Historically, the "Young Turks" of the Ottoman Empire a 125+ years ago is the first example, but were unable to alter their gov't's policies or sentiments. They were the Unheard Nationalists of their time.  Colonial and neo-colonial policies of diminishing/attacking education while promoting limited literacy reveals the West's acknowledgment that solid education systems are a real threat to their dominance. Even in Japan where like other Far Eastern countries real education is highly valued, direct interference would have been  seriously resisted, The US changed tactic and allowed the Communists to control the teacher unions knowing that Communist agendas would do some subtraction away from Japan's basic source of wealth --education. You also see this in the US blocking lran's access to certain sites --like The Khan Academy  --where students can self-educate. The effect of this can be seen in the following news report: that because of this and other lnternet sites, hundreds of American high school students "are well versed" and competent in quantum mechanics.

17 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Do all you phone-phobics have any problems with video calls (Skype, etc)?

Times change.

All through the 50s, 60s and 70s, AT&T did consumer surveys which always found the same result: people didn't want video phones. So many AT&T executives found the video-phone scene in Kubrick's  2001: A Space Odyssey  laughable.

Now, another generation pictures or videos or live-broadcast everything.

Me? l do not find my Life as any basis for narcissism, so why bore anyone else with it?????

This is an entertaining hashtag on twitter : What white privilege means?

I do not think that all blacks are oppressed nor that all whites are living like kings. I think this has to do with "my people ways are better than yours" sort of privilege 

Oh well, see you laters if i survived .. take care fi aman illah

@Gaius I. Caesar @hasanhh,

sooooo...my neighbor has sometimes been problematic. Not always respectful of my family for various reasons. He also has a huge flock of pigeons that fly over and poop everywhere.

SG and my oldest son collectively prayed for some solution to the pigeon poop on their cars, which has become worse this summer  due to all the new fledglings.

This week a pair of peregrine falcons and their juvenile just -out -of -the -nest young took up residence on our property. 

:hahaha: :D

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

@Gaius I. Caesar @hasanhh,

sooooo...my neighbor has sometimes been problematic. Not always respectful of my family for various reasons. He also has a huge flock of pigeons that fly over and poop everywhere.

SG and my oldest son collectively prayed for some solution to the pigeon poop on their cars, which has become worse this summer  due to all the new fledglings.

This week a pair of peregrine falcons and their juvenile just -out -of -the -nest young took up residence on our property. 

:hahaha: :D

image.jpeg

Polly wanna cracker? No, Polly wants your pigeons to stop pooping on people's cars.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/im-done-trying-perfect-girlfriend-150000950.html

I agree with everything she says except for the part that women shouldn't worry about acting like ladies. This article is written by a non-Muslim about dating. But married Muslim women face the exact same problems. I want to know if this point of view is against Islam (except of course the part about women not caring about modesty). 

I read this on July 8 and I have been waiting to post this on shia chat. I missed 'thoughts' thread. 

1 hour ago, Ruq said:

It wasnt the break that annoyed me, it was message that said it would be restored soon!  anyway good to be back =) salam to all.

At least it only took a few hours and they got it back up "by the end of the day." 

1 hour ago, notme said:

At least it only took a few hours and they got it back up "by the end of the day." 

Yes, they just didnt specify which day xD

Its been a week since the International Maths Olympiad 2016 finished in Hong Kong and this picture gave me a smile. If Kids don't give a damn about the Politics that goes in the World then why should we?

13738326_1215352961829522_20407928578209

2 hours ago, Zendegi said:

Its been a week since the International Maths Olympiad 2016 finished in Hong Kong and this picture gave me a smile. If Kids don't give a damn about the Politics that goes in the World then why should we?

13738326_1215352961829522_20407928578209

If kids don't give a damn about economics, civil rights, mechanical engineering, wealth disparity, literacy, metaphysics, health, Game of Thrones, affirmative action, freedom of religion, corporal punishment, the presence of a higher diety, Black Lives Matter and getting a post-secondary education, then why should we?

34 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

If kids don't give a damn about economics, civil rights, mechanical engineering, wealth disparity, literacy, metaphysics, health, Game of Thrones, affirmative action, freedom of religion, corporal punishment, the presence of a higher diety, Black Lives Matter and getting a post-secondary education, then why should we?

You have a point. But look an Iranian standing side by side with an Israeli. This how I want the world to be where we can live in peace and respect one another regardless of where one is from.

I cant help noticing that the site logo is still very familiar. Was the recent absence not a good opportunity to finally change it to the winning entry? its been 5 months guys.

On 7/22/2016 at 3:06 PM, Ruq said:

I cant help noticing that the site logo is still very familiar. Was the recent absence not a good opportunity to finally change it to the winning entry? its been 5 months guys.

I remember reading through that thread after the contest finished, but I couldn't see her pic so I just assumed it was the present logo. Do you still have a link to her logo?

36 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

I remember reading through that thread after the contest finished, but I couldn't see her pic so I just assumed it was the present logo. Do you still have a link to her logo?

It was originally on this page i believe, but i only see file names and no images for some reason.

Thanks for your prayers regarding my daughter being hit hard with morning sickness ( all day!).

Please add SG to them...that he will believe us ( both sets of parents) that  women have been having babies since forever and that his wife will get through this, too.

:rolleyes:

Edited by LeftCoastMom

On 7/22/2016 at 2:01 PM, Zendegi said:

But look an Iranian standing side by side with an Israeli. This how I want the world to be where we can live in peace and respect one another regardless of where one is from.

...and then they lived happily ever after.

....and guess whose back!!! 

@LeftCoastMom No idea what's been up, but I guess SG and your daughter got married? CONGRATS!!!

@laithAlIRAQI duck face :p

@Gaius I. Caesar my little brother! 

@Bakir you even alive? 

@Marbles Salam :)

@zainabamy hello there :)

Edited by apofomysback