Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, The Batman said:

You must realise that in the first two games of the Euros for Portugal, they played extremely well. They outplayed Iceland, and were misfortunate against Austria, and it was Ronaldo of all people that was struggling, and he was the reason to why they drew their first two games. 

Both games were horrible, and Portugal played below the level you'd expect them too at this stage. Prolonged periods of possession with very little chances to show for them. Ronaldo was wasteful, but so was Nani, and there was virtually no imagination in the playmakers in the midfield.

6 hours ago, lalala123 said:

England are absolutely rubbish.  They are 'disappointing' in every single tournament they play in.They are so rubbish!!

I wanted Germany to win :( 

Germany were by far the better team. I, for one, didn't expect them to dominate like they did. They were unlucky on the penalty and there were 2-3 mistakes inside the box that lead to the second goal, or else France would've never scored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for those who replied to my question. I am currently using google translate to help me read a Russian art book. It's taking me double the time to read one page but I'm investing a lot of hours on it. Maybe today I'll be able to go through 100 more pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Thanks for those who replied to my question. I am currently using google translate to help me read a Russian art book. It's taking me double the time to read one page but I'm investing a lot of hours on it. Maybe today I'll be able to go through 100 more pages.

That's not reading...that's torture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Thanks for those who replied to my question. I am currently using google translate to help me read a Russian art book. It's taking me double the time to read one page but I'm investing a lot of hours on it. Maybe today I'll be able to go through 100 more pages.

If I had to read a 600 page e-book online, I would probably never finish it. The ease just isn't there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mina said:

That's not reading...that's torture.

 

10 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

If I had to read a 600 page e-book online, I would probably never finish it. The ease just isn't there.

It's actually very enjoyable. The information gets stuck in your head because of how much you have to fix google's grammar and vocab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to make a phone call to order some carpet.  Ugh.

How does one overcome social phobia?  

I can't hear people right if I can't see them.  My ears work fine, but my brain doesn't.  I always feel like I'm less intelligent over the phone.  Why don't they have online ordering?  

 

Edit:  oh, poor me and my first world problems!  

Edited by notme
Self deprecating comment added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, notme said:

I have to make a phone call to order some carpet.  Ugh.

How does one overcome social phobia?  

I can't hear people right if I can't see them.  My ears work fine, but my brain doesn't.  I always feel like I'm less intelligent over the phone.  Why don't they have online ordering?  

This is quite normal. But some people feel it more strongly than others. Telephones are unnatural, they defy the natural human process of communicating we've evolved perfecting through the eons. On telephone, we are made to speak to a person who is not present but sitting somewhere in the world. We can't see their faces, their eyes, their body language, their expressions etc, which causes the confusion in our brain and hinders our ability to form the right sequence of sentences. It also affects our natural eloquence, because whilst pauses in actual conversation with a person in front of you is totally normal, it becomes suddenly awkward on the phone, putting us in stress and stretching even more our ability to communicate, thereby inducing more mistakes and therefore more awkwardness. The stranger the person the difficult it is to communicate with her on the phone.

Personally I dislike telephones and wish I never had to make a call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a cop, suppose we are all cops and we deal in hostage rescue all the time, how would you evolve to diffuse a hostage situation:

A) Hostages must not be hurt. I don't mind being shot at.

B) Lol @ hostage "shield". Collateral is usually there in all fights. 

C) Other: Specify.

You know what I would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How weird it is to log into SC, looking for a three that you read before you go to bed and even replied to it, only to reluctantly realise that the thread did not exist except in your dream

DREAMING OF ARGUING WITH FICTIONAL THREAD AND POSTS AND YOURSELF IN YOUR HEAD WHILE SLEEPING

 

-.- darn it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

How weird it is to log into SC, looking for a three that you read before you go to bed and even replied to it, only to reluctantly realise that the thread did not exist except in your dream

DREAMING OF ARGUING WITH FICTIONAL THREAD AND POSTS AND YOURSELF IN YOUR HEAD WHILE SLEEPING

 

-.- darn it

 

L once dreamed my alarm clock went off. Got up, showered, dressed, looked at the clock at is was after 0200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marbles thanks. That makes me feel a lot better, normal even. 

I would wear this shirt if it were long sleeved:

big.jpg

I'd prefer a different color though. Grey isn't my color. I'd prefer green or purple or pink. But I'm totally down with the concept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11826055_900819319956987_251023469829787

Confederate Rally in Stone Mountain.

if it were a black person....

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/sep/16/iraq.iraqtimeline

Greenspan, 81, who served as chairman of the US Federal  Reserve accepts Iraq war was largely about oil.

1 million Iraqi lives later.

 

Edited by AnaAmmar1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AnaAmmar1 said:

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/sep/16/iraq.iraqtimeline

Greenspan, 81, who served as chairman of the US Federal  Reserve accepts Iraq war was largely about oil.

1 million Iraqi lives later. -and oil prices collapsed. Typical economic competence.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I am still having the worst trouble with Al Islam.org., I have no idea what's wrong with the site. 

What trouble you are facing brother.

When I browse through my phone (on pc it just works fine) on chrome browser I get Invalid certificate error or sometimes connection not secure. I click on Advance (at the bottom) and the 'Proceed to al-Islam.org anyway (unsafe)' and site opens. 

Hope that helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Do all you phone-phobics have any problems with video calls (Skype, etc)?

Yes if I don't know the person it's even worse than telephone. Video calls are laggy and just look...wrong. If I video call or telephone call a person I know very well I'm fine, though I still can't hear them well. I "hear" better in a video call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

What trouble you are facing brother.

When I browse through my phone (on pc it just works fine) on chrome browser I get Invalid certificate error or sometimes connection not secure. I click on Advance (at the bottom) and the 'Proceed to al-Islam.org anyway (unsafe)' and site opens. 

Hope that helps. 

I keep getting that strange certificate error thing and I don't want to damage my phone so I back out. So frustrating because up until a month ago, it never did this.  Has your phone still been working? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

What trouble you are facing brother.

When I browse through my phone (on pc it just works fine) on chrome browser I get Invalid certificate error or sometimes connection not secure. I click on Advance (at the bottom) and the 'Proceed to al-Islam.org anyway (unsafe)' and site opens. 

Hope that helps. 

 

10 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I am still having the worst trouble with Al Islam.org., I have no idea what's wrong with the site. 

 

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I keep getting that strange certificate error thing and I don't want to damage my phone so I back out. So frustrating because up until a month ago, it never did this.  Has your phone still been working? 

UGH

I started a thread about this EXACT thing, everyone was like "its working fine for me"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I keep getting that strange certificate error thing and I don't want to damage my phone so I back out. So frustrating because up until a month ago, it never did this.  Has your phone still been working? 

Yes. Working as usual. Just click on proceed anyway. It doesn't ask me anymore just shows a red cross over https.

It could be due to number of reasons:

The device does not have digital certificates that the website is using.

The site's certificate has expired and needs renewal (valid uptill 2018. I checked)

The SSL certificate is not issued by a Trusted CA (Certificate Authority) or a self-signed certificate is used to secure the website.

Website is secured with outdated encryption algorithm.

and others..

I think someone should talk to al-islam.org site's admin.

Edited by Lover of Ahlulbait (ams)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad SG has a good temperament.

We went to the clinic in another  nearby town to get some blood work and other tests done for the pregnancy.

The technician  got her into the room and then came back out to the waiting room full of people and loudly asked if my daughter's " boyfriend" would like to come in with her. 

( Don't know how she didn't look at the paperwork or missed the wedding rings,but guess they just look too young.)

Before anyone could say anything,SG kept his cool and said," No, ma'am. Her boyfriend is not interested because he does not exist. Her husband is quite interested in what is going on with his wife, however, so I'll be coming right in."

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mina said:

"Those who believe in looking to the West for the progress of the country (Iran) have lost their minds because wisdom tells us to learn from experience."

-Imam Khamenei 
When will people get some insight?

1] The News. No, l'm not joking. People, especially teenagers and younger, think about and try-to-relate-to what they see and hear. If the news/entertainment is about the trash-in-the-World, by default that is what they will relate to. If the news is about innovation, engineering advancements, technological history, and such --then they will related to that more often.

Example from the news about 3 years ago. The subject was the competitive nature for news viewership and how the "dancers" were used to gain viewers in ltaly. In the segment, a headmistress of a prominent girls school was interview. She said that in the 1970s (and maybe included the 80s) the girls talked about being doctors, lawyers and all. Then she said, with all the current media attention being about dancers, the girls only talk about being dancers.

Experience is not necessarily your own, but also what you learn from others. IndividuaI people or countries.

2] "looking ... West" is an internationally common theme. Historically, the "Young Turks" of the Ottoman Empire a 125+ years ago is the first example, but were unable to alter their gov't's policies or sentiments. They were the Unheard Nationalists of their time.  Colonial and neo-colonial policies of diminishing/attacking education while promoting limited literacy reveals the West's acknowledgment that solid education systems are a real threat to their dominance. Even in Japan where like other Far Eastern countries real education is highly valued, direct interference would have been  seriously resisted, The US changed tactic and allowed the Communists to control the teacher unions knowing that Communist agendas would do some subtraction away from Japan's basic source of wealth --education. You also see this in the US blocking lran's access to certain sites --like The Khan Academy  --where students can self-educate. The effect of this can be seen in the following news report: that because of this and other lnternet sites, hundreds of American high school students "are well versed" and competent in quantum mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Do all you phone-phobics have any problems with video calls (Skype, etc)?

Times change.

All through the 50s, 60s and 70s, AT&T did consumer surveys which always found the same result: people didn't want video phones. So many AT&T executives found the video-phone scene in Kubrick's  2001: A Space Odyssey  laughable.

Now, another generation pictures or videos or live-broadcast everything.

Me? l do not find my Life as any basis for narcissism, so why bore anyone else with it?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an entertaining hashtag on twitter : What white privilege means?

 

 

 

 

I do not think that all blacks are oppressed nor that all whites are living like kings. I think this has to do with "my people ways are better than yours" sort of privilege 

Oh well, see you laters if i survived .. take care fi aman illah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gaius I. Caesar @hasanhh,

sooooo...my neighbor has sometimes been problematic. Not always respectful of my family for various reasons. He also has a huge flock of pigeons that fly over and poop everywhere.

SG and my oldest son collectively prayed for some solution to the pigeon poop on their cars, which has become worse this summer  due to all the new fledglings.

This week a pair of peregrine falcons and their juvenile just -out -of -the -nest young took up residence on our property. 

:hahaha: :D

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

@Gaius I. Caesar @hasanhh,

sooooo...my neighbor has sometimes been problematic. Not always respectful of my family for various reasons. He also has a huge flock of pigeons that fly over and poop everywhere.

SG and my oldest son collectively prayed for some solution to the pigeon poop on their cars, which has become worse this summer  due to all the new fledglings.

This week a pair of peregrine falcons and their juvenile just -out -of -the -nest young took up residence on our property. 

:hahaha: :D

 

image.jpeg

Polly wanna cracker? No, Polly wants your pigeons to stop pooping on people's cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...