Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ruq said:

Are they tricky to fit then? >.< argh, i'll have to call the plumber again.

Never replaced one myself. Instructions should be on the Internet. This -DIY will save you some money.

The dumb idea for this came from the  Viennese Vandal Papanek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short dua for the 27th day of Ramadan with english translation underneath:

http://mp3.duas.org/Ramdhan_daily/Day 27.mp3

" O Allah make available for me the blessings of the night of Qadr, render my affairs easy to deal with instead of becoming difficult and cumbersome, take into consideration my apologies, and unburden my back from the heavy load of wrongdoings, O He who is compassionate while dealing with the upright. "

Duas for the last 10 days of Ramadan:

http://www.duas.org/last10ramadhan.htm

Please make dua for each other!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Is there something comforting one can say to a Muslim in the rare instances when he gets testy due to hunger during Ramadan? ( It is rare...he already appreciates that , in this Catholic house, my son is fasting with him and we don't eat in front of him)

Just remind him that there's only a few more days to go until Eid al-Fitr. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShiaSyeda said:

At least 125 people have been killed and about 150 injured in an explosion claimed by the Islamic State group in Baghdad, Iraqi police say.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36696568?client=safari#

I know Allah-swt knows who is facilitating lSlL --and we know some of it-- but l wish we could get some of them and punish with a corruption-in-the-land conviction.

An lraqi woman we here know is  in the US with her teenage daughter to visit and is planning to go back. And half of us are like :furious: <--Do Not Go Back!

As to Bangladesh yesterday, who introduced these kafireen to each other and then supplied them? The police there have been in counter-terror mode for a long time. That takes state-support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Reading about the timing of Eid is one of the most confusing things I've ever read on here. 

Lol it really bugs me how the all scholars say different timings for Eid. Back when I used to live in Dubai, we didn't know it was Eid until 12 in the afternoon because Khamenei and Sistani both gave different dates. So we just fasted instead, and we had to break our fast when we found out lol because it's haram to fast on Eid. 

Edited by NooralHussain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NooralHussain said:

Lol it really bugs me how the all scholars say different timings for Eid. Back when I used to live in Dubai, we didn't know it was Eid until 12 in the afternoon because Khamenei and Sistani both gave different dates. So we just fasted instead, and we had to break our fast when we found out lol because it's haram to fast on Eid. 

This is ridiculous. The better thing to do is to go with the dates in your country of residence. If your country is celebrating Eid, you celebrate it too, as we do in Pakistan. But perhaps it's not possible in non-Muslim countries where there is no official body to sight the moon and declare the Eid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Marbles said:

This is ridiculous. The better thing to do is to go with the dates in your country of residence. If your country is celebrating Eid, you celebrate it too, as we do in Pakistan. But perhaps it's not possible in non-Muslim countries where there is no official body to sight the moon and declare the Eid.

There is no disagreement on "local sighting" but khamenaie says we can use telescope, thus even in dusty days, the moon will be sighted. Sistani says telescope isn't to be used. Khoi says if it was sighted in Sydney then it is did everywhere else XD

13 hours ago, NooralHussain said:

Lol it really bugs me how the all scholars say different timings for Eid. Back when I used to live in Dubai, we didn't know it was Eid until 12 in the afternoon because Khamenei and Sistani both gave different dates. So we just fasted instead, and we had to break our fast when we found out lol because it's haram to fast on Eid. 

3 days of Eid, one Eid for each Marjie methodologies <.< They all should quit it and stick to old methods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As salamun alikum brothers .I just had a question if there is a topic on this PLS provide a link. Some people say that eid ul fitr shouldn't be celebrated because it is the 10th day of Shahadat of Imam Ali a.s. can someone reply to this and elaborate on this thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zama Hussain said:

As salamun alikum brothers .I just had a question if there is a topic on this PLS provide a link. Some people say that eid ul fitr shouldn't be celebrated because it is the 10th day of Shahadat of Imam Ali a.s. can someone reply to this and elaborate on this thank you! 

Salam

All imams (as) after imam Ali (as) celebrated eid fitr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2016 at 1:10 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam

All imams (as) after imam Ali (as) celebrated eid fitr

How did the 4th imam celebrate eid can u provide a riwayath on this. Because if u know if someone dies we commemorate their 10 th day of death .and on the day of eid it is the 10th day of Imam's shahadat (martyrdom)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zama Hussain said:
19 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam

All imams (as) after imam Ali (as) celebrated eid fitr

 

How did the 4th imam celebrate eid can u  provide a riwayath on this. Because if u know if someone dies we commemorate their 10 th day of death .and on the day of eid it is the 10th day of Imam's shahadat (martyrdom) 

start a new thread in the general discussion forum bruv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

start a new thread in the general discussion forum bruv

There is already a thread I just now found the there here on Shia chat. Ny ways.. Take care brother 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Thoughts: 

in the name of Allah, the beneficient, the merciful. 

Allah hummah salleh Allah muhammed wa aale muhammad

I would like to announce to all of shiachat, that I am eating pizza tonight. pizza hut, stuffed crust. garlic bread. pepsi. potato wedges. cookie dough and ice cream. tea. 

compare your lives to mine and weep, lowly peasants!!! mwa ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Pics or it didn't happen :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starlight said:

Pics or it didn't happen :p 

Innah lillahi wa innah ilayhi rajioon

Alas, shiachatters nazr lead my cousin to cancel on me. The pain of separation from pizza is almost too much to bear. 

Al fateha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short dua for the 28th day of Ramadan with english translation underneath:

http://mp3.duas.org/Ramdhan_daily/Day 28.mp3

O Allah increase my enjoyment and satisfaction, in this month, in the prayers I pray out of my own free will, kindly make haste in quick disposal of my affairs in my interest, let me be near to the “Means of Approach” (Muhammad and Aali Muhammad) who are the select best medium to gain Thy favours, O He who does not get confused on account of the ceaseless demands of the countless beseechers, but attend to each and every supplication. "

Duas for the last 10 days of Ramadan:

http://www.duas.org/last10ramadhan.htm

Please remember each other in your duas!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't think the news of the attack on Baghdad would hit me this hard. :'( They went to buy clothes for Eid.. And now they go buy coffins for their beloveds. :'( Ya Saheb Al Zaman(as) where are you?? :( 

image.jpeg

Edited by NooralHussain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NooralHussain said:

Didn't think the news of the attack on Baghdad would hit me this hard. :'( They went to buy clothes for Eid.. And now they go buy coffins for their beloveds. :'( Ya Saheb Al Zaman(as) where are you?? :( 

image.jpeg

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thoughts:

i saw a twitter video of some ISIS dogs having a laugh and a joke, but in the back ground is the screams of women being raped. oh god its scarred my very soul. I cant stop hearing or thinking about the agony of those screams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

thoughts:

i saw a twitter video of some ISIS dogs having a laugh and a joke, but in the back ground is the screams of women being raped. oh god its scarred my very soul. I cant stop hearing or thinking about the agony of those screams

I haven't even seen the video, but just reading your post has scarred me! My heart is breaking right now, may Allah (s.w.t) protect all the oppressed people in the world :cry:

Ya sahib uz zaman (a.j.t.f.s) adrikni!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

I haven't even seen the video, but just reading your post has scarred me! My heart is breaking right now, may Allah (s.w.t) protect all the oppressed people in the world :cry:

Ya sahib uz zaman (a.j.t.f.s) adrikni!

Ive been trying to post on shiachat to distract myself for the last few hours but its just not working. DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU GET THE CHANCE

genuine screams while being raped is something no one should ever hear, its not like screams on TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My great grandmother passed away in the death anniversary of imam Ali, she screamed ya Ali 3 times and died.   Please recite al fatiha for um rasul.

[Mod Note: Innaa lillahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji'oon. "Indeed to Allah we belong, and to Him we return." 2:156.  (Fatiha for Um Rasul) :cry:]

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short dua for the 29th day of Ramadan with english subtitles:

 

 

" O Allah draw me near to Thy mercy, in this month, and enwrap me with it, keep me alive attached with guidance, having a clear conscience, cleanse my heart from the vulgarity of making false accusations, O He who treats the faithful servants mercifully. "

Duas for the last 10 days of Ramadan:

http://www.duas.org/last10ramadhan.htm

Please remember each other in your duas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought:

Since some muslim cant see anything wrong in celebration the creation of america, despite the numerous crimes against humanity directly and indirectly that it has done and still is doing, ESPECIALLY to muslim - it must also be okay to celebrate the creation of israel, right?

Because by that logic, what the country has done and is doing does not matter, you can still celebrate its creation, especially if you are stupid enough to live in it by choice and pay tax money so they can continue doing what they are doing.

So to all you hypocrite, ignorant and delusion muslims celebrating the creation of america, remember to also celebrate the 14th of may! Long live israel!

Happy 4th of july everyone!

George+W+Bush+Bush+Middle+East+Leaders+A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Politics is crooked, so are banks and Wall Street. You're free, yet you're not. Greed is another problem. The rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Respect for authority, in any form, went out the window. A teacher can't teach, a cop can't assert authority, a person can't spill hot coffee without a lawsuit, the younger generation admire and hope to replicate people like the Kardashians. Kids can't get on their bikes and ride around or call on friends, play dates have to be arranged because parents fear something terrible out there will get their kids. Political correctness is insane. We must always weigh our words for fear we might offend someone. There are way too many loonies out there that don't take their meds, therefore more crime. most of all, like it was during Civil War times, america is a divided country. Too much hatred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HumanForLife said:

Politics is crooked, so are banks and Wall Street. You're free, yet you're not. Greed is another problem. The rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Respect for authority, in any form, went out the window. A teacher can't teach, a cop can't assert authority, a person can't spill hot coffee without a lawsuit, the younger generation admire and hope to replicate people like the Kardashians. Kids can't get on their bikes and ride around or call on friends, play dates have to be arranged because parents fear something terrible out there will get their kids. Political correctness is insane. We must always weigh our words for fear we might offend someone. There are way too many loonies out there that don't take their meds, therefore more crime. most of all, like it was during Civil War times, america is a divided country. Too much hatred.

Sounds like something worth celebrating...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...