Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Basic Members

As salamun alikum brothers .I just had a question if there is a topic on this PLS provide a link. Some people say that eid ul fitr shouldn't be celebrated because it is the 10th day of Shahadat of Imam Ali a.s. can someone reply to this and elaborate on this thank you! 

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Zama Hussain said:

As salamun alikum brothers .I just had a question if there is a topic on this PLS provide a link. Some people say that eid ul fitr shouldn't be celebrated because it is the 10th day of Shahadat of Imam Ali a.s. can someone reply to this and elaborate on this thank you! 

Salam

All imams (as) after imam Ali (as) celebrated eid fitr

• Basic Members
On 7/4/2016 at 1:10 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam

How did the 4th imam celebrate eid can u provide a riwayath on this. Because if u know if someone dies we commemorate their 10 th day of death .and on the day of eid it is the 10th day of Imam's shahadat (martyrdom)

13 minutes ago, Zama Hussain said:
19 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam

How did the 4th imam celebrate eid can u  provide a riwayath on this. Because if u know if someone dies we commemorate their 10 th day of death .and on the day of eid it is the 10th day of Imam's shahadat (martyrdom) 

start a new thread in the general discussion forum bruv

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Thoughts: 

in the name of Allah, the beneficient, the merciful. 

Allah hummah salleh Allah muhammed wa aale muhammad

I would like to announce to all of shiachat, that I am eating pizza tonight. pizza hut, stuffed crust. garlic bread. pepsi. potato wedges. cookie dough and ice cream. tea. 

compare your lives to mine and weep, lowly peasants!!! mwa ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Pics or it didn't happen :p 

• Advanced Member

Short dua for the 28th day of Ramadan with english translation underneath:

http://mp3.duas.org/Ramdhan_daily/Day 28.mp3

O Allah increase my enjoyment and satisfaction, in this month, in the prayers I pray out of my own free will, kindly make haste in quick disposal of my affairs in my interest, let me be near to the “Means of Approach” (Muhammad and Aali Muhammad) who are the select best medium to gain Thy favours, O He who does not get confused on account of the ceaseless demands of the countless beseechers, but attend to each and every supplication. "

Duas for the last 10 days of Ramadan:

http://www.duas.org/last10ramadhan.htm

Please remember each other in your duas!

• Advanced Member

Didn't think the news of the attack on Baghdad would hit me this hard. :'( They went to buy clothes for Eid.. And now they go buy coffins for their beloveds. :'( Ya Saheb Al Zaman(as) where are you?? :( 

image.jpeg

Edited by NooralHussain
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, NooralHussain said:

Didn't think the news of the attack on Baghdad would hit me this hard. :'( They went to buy clothes for Eid.. And now they go buy coffins for their beloveds. :'( Ya Saheb Al Zaman(as) where are you?? :( 

image.jpeg

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

thoughts:

i saw a twitter video of some ISIS dogs having a laugh and a joke, but in the back ground is the screams of women being raped. oh god its scarred my very soul. I cant stop hearing or thinking about the agony of those screams

I haven't even seen the video, but just reading your post has scarred me! My heart is breaking right now, may Allah (s.w.t) protect all the oppressed people in the world :cry:

Ya sahib uz zaman (a.j.t.f.s) adrikni!

7 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

I haven't even seen the video, but just reading your post has scarred me! My heart is breaking right now, may Allah (s.w.t) protect all the oppressed people in the world :cry:

Ya sahib uz zaman (a.j.t.f.s) adrikni!

Ive been trying to post on shiachat to distract myself for the last few hours but its just not working. DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU GET THE CHANCE

genuine screams while being raped is something no one should ever hear, its not like screams on TV

• Basic Members

My great grandmother passed away in the death anniversary of imam Ali, she screamed ya Ali 3 times and died.   Please recite al fatiha for um rasul.

[Mod Note: Innaa lillahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji'oon. "Indeed to Allah we belong, and to Him we return." 2:156.  (Fatiha for Um Rasul) :cry:]

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note added.
  • Advanced Member

Short dua for the 29th day of Ramadan with english subtitles:

" O Allah draw me near to Thy mercy, in this month, and enwrap me with it, keep me alive attached with guidance, having a clear conscience, cleanse my heart from the vulgarity of making false accusations, O He who treats the faithful servants mercifully. "

Duas for the last 10 days of Ramadan:

http://www.duas.org/last10ramadhan.htm

Please remember each other in your duas!

• Advanced Member

Thought:

Since some muslim cant see anything wrong in celebration the creation of america, despite the numerous crimes against humanity directly and indirectly that it has done and still is doing, ESPECIALLY to muslim - it must also be okay to celebrate the creation of israel, right?

Because by that logic, what the country has done and is doing does not matter, you can still celebrate its creation, especially if you are stupid enough to live in it by choice and pay tax money so they can continue doing what they are doing.

So to all you hypocrite, ignorant and delusion muslims celebrating the creation of america, remember to also celebrate the 14th of may! Long live israel!

Happy 4th of july everyone!

George+W+Bush+Bush+Middle+East+Leaders+A

Politics is crooked, so are banks and Wall Street. You're free, yet you're not. Greed is another problem. The rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Respect for authority, in any form, went out the window. A teacher can't teach, a cop can't assert authority, a person can't spill hot coffee without a lawsuit, the younger generation admire and hope to replicate people like the Kardashians. Kids can't get on their bikes and ride around or call on friends, play dates have to be arranged because parents fear something terrible out there will get their kids. Political correctness is insane. We must always weigh our words for fear we might offend someone. There are way too many loonies out there that don't take their meds, therefore more crime. most of all, like it was during Civil War times, america is a divided country. Too much hatred.

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, HumanForLife said:

Politics is crooked, so are banks and Wall Street. You're free, yet you're not. Greed is another problem. The rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Respect for authority, in any form, went out the window. A teacher can't teach, a cop can't assert authority, a person can't spill hot coffee without a lawsuit, the younger generation admire and hope to replicate people like the Kardashians. Kids can't get on their bikes and ride around or call on friends, play dates have to be arranged because parents fear something terrible out there will get their kids. Political correctness is insane. We must always weigh our words for fear we might offend someone. There are way too many loonies out there that don't take their meds, therefore more crime. most of all, like it was during Civil War times, america is a divided country. Too much hatred.

Sounds like something worth celebrating...

• Moderators

So the "Iranian Hulk" is about to be released on ISIS....here's to the hope that someone'll kindly arrange a wrestling match for him with our dear caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

https://www.rt.com/viral/349476-iranian-hulk-fight-isis/
https://www.instagram.com/sajadgharibii/

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, GreyMatter said:

My boy Trudeau wishing Eid:

Respect man, initiatives like these are awesome, guy even kept a fast on the 1st of Ramadan :) 

I think even Barack Obama sends out a Happy Eid message every year. 

• Moderators
On 7/3/2016 at 7:32 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

Reading about the timing of Eid is one of the most confusing things I've ever read on here. 

Best thing to do is get out binoculars and sky charts and sight it for yourself, if possible. If that's not possible, just do your best and don't worry about it. 

It used to frustrate me, but I got over it.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, notme said:

Best thing to do is get out binoculars and sky charts and sight it for yourself, if possible. If that's not possible, just do your best and don't worry about it. 

If you follow Sayyed al-Sistani, you shouldn't use binoculars. If you follow Sayyed al-Khamenei, it should be fine I think.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, notme said:

Sorry, but this entire experience has been a bit like a " snow day" when I was a grade-schooler. Waiting by the radio to see which counties were closing schools in the morning....:)