Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Development Team
16 hours ago, mina said:

Forget the money brother....best things in life are for free,alhamdulillah.

35 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

I cannot eat at my sister's all the time.

Hmmm, well Hasanhh is right and there is nothing in this world that is ever truly free in the Dunya. There is always a price, a sacrifice or a catch of some sort. The best things come to those who struggle, toil and earn it with blood, sweat and tears. 

• Veteran Member

baghdad 1985

Too modern for an islamic country isn't it? lets destroy it... those browns with towels on their heads should never be seen better than us, the supremacist white race..

Let them fight the aryians, the beduins will supply the war from the money of their sheeple people and let us sit ad watch the beauty of destruction

Why islamic countries are rotten? cause the masses are sheeple

• Advanced Member

Short dua for the 26th day of Ramadan with english subtitles:

O Allah render my efforts, made in this months, worthy of appreciation, my sins forgivable, my deeds acceptable, and my shortcomings coverable, O the Best Hearer. "

Duas for the last 10 days of Ramadan:

http://www.duas.org/last10ramadhan.htm

Please remember each other in your duas!

• Veteran Member
17 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

thoughts: there will never in our lives be another like nusrat fateh ali khan

Indeed...

Although I love everything by him, I couldn't go away from the thread without sharing this superb qawwali: Man kunto Maula - fifteen minutes of sheer ecstasy.

It is for this qawwali that even Hindus in India are singing this manaqabat.

Shah-e-mardaan, sher-e-yazadaan, quwwat-e-parvardigaar
La fata illa Ali la saif illa zulfiqaar.

44 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Indeed...

Although I love everything by him, I couldn't go away from the thread without sharing this superb qawwali: Man kunto Maula - fifteen minutes of sheer ecstasy.

It is for this qawwali that even Hindus in India are singing this manaqabat.

Shah-e-mardaan, sher-e-yazadaan, quwwat-e-parvardigaar
La fata illa Ali la saif illa zulfiqaar.

me and my siblings were raised on his qawallis, as well as nohay, instead of nursey rhymes. I had the chance to meet him and see him live in concert as a young boy. its one of my most favourite memories. theres a local desi sweet shop owner who is my family friend, he got the used jalebi oil from his shop, cooled it down and NFAK drunk it, to thicken his voice halfway through the concert.

I know you will appreciate this:

• Veteran Member
On 7/1/2016 at 3:04 AM, silasun said:

^Ruq, where do you get those legendary emoticons from?

Well, this one smile_sarcastic.jpg and huggy gif.gif are from Yahoo i think. The onion head ones like this 1onion_msn_smilies-22.gif are from here. The others are either what other people have used on messenger services or ive picked up here and there over time d200712191814455100.gif

Hindu Rishis evolved the concept of God [Parmatma] and Gods to explain the cyclic and networked nature of the universe. Buddha chose to remain silent about the concept of God after seeing the need for worrying about many other issues. Moses described God as the Savior. Jesus described God as the Creator. Mohammed described God [Allah] as the Master.

Do you think all these different narratives of God are based on circumstances ?

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, HumanForLife said:

Hindu Rishis evolved the concept of God [Parmatma] and Gods to explain the cyclic and networked nature of the universe. Buddha chose to remain silent about the concept of God after seeing the need for worrying about many other issues. Moses described God as the Savior. Jesus described God as the Creator. Mohammed described God [Allah] as the Master.

Do you think all these different narratives of God are based on circumstances ?

What is the use of quoting Hindu Rishis or Buddha?

• Veteran Member
8 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

yep, and both of them are not working.

Are they tricky to fit then? >.< argh, i'll have to call the plumber again.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Ruq said:

Are they tricky to fit then? >.< argh, i'll have to call the plumber again.

Never replaced one myself. Instructions should be on the Internet. This -DIY will save you some money.

The dumb idea for this came from the  Viennese Vandal Papanek.

• Advanced Member

Short dua for the 27th day of Ramadan with english translation underneath:

http://mp3.duas.org/Ramdhan_daily/Day 27.mp3

" O Allah make available for me the blessings of the night of Qadr, render my affairs easy to deal with instead of becoming difficult and cumbersome, take into consideration my apologies, and unburden my back from the heavy load of wrongdoings, O He who is compassionate while dealing with the upright. "

Duas for the last 10 days of Ramadan:

http://www.duas.org/last10ramadhan.htm

Please make dua for each other!

• Advanced Member
57 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Is there something comforting one can say to a Muslim in the rare instances when he gets testy due to hunger during Ramadan? ( It is rare...he already appreciates that , in this Catholic house, my son is fasting with him and we don't eat in front of him)

Just remind him that there's only a few more days to go until Eid al-Fitr. :)

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, ShiaSyeda said:

At least 125 people have been killed and about 150 injured in an explosion claimed by the Islamic State group in Baghdad, Iraqi police say.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36696568?client=safari#

I know Allah-swt knows who is facilitating lSlL --and we know some of it-- but l wish we could get some of them and punish with a corruption-in-the-land conviction.

An lraqi woman we here know is  in the US with her teenage daughter to visit and is planning to go back. And half of us are like :furious: <--Do Not Go Back!

As to Bangladesh yesterday, who introduced these kafireen to each other and then supplied them? The police there have been in counter-terror mode for a long time. That takes state-support.

• Advanced Member
34 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Reading about the timing of Eid is one of the most confusing things I've ever read on here. 

Lol it really bugs me how the all scholars say different timings for Eid. Back when I used to live in Dubai, we didn't know it was Eid until 12 in the afternoon because Khamenei and Sistani both gave different dates. So we just fasted instead, and we had to break our fast when we found out lol because it's haram to fast on Eid. 

Edited by NooralHussain
  • Veteran Member
12 hours ago, NooralHussain said:

Lol it really bugs me how the all scholars say different timings for Eid. Back when I used to live in Dubai, we didn't know it was Eid until 12 in the afternoon because Khamenei and Sistani both gave different dates. So we just fasted instead, and we had to break our fast when we found out lol because it's haram to fast on Eid. 

This is ridiculous. The better thing to do is to go with the dates in your country of residence. If your country is celebrating Eid, you celebrate it too, as we do in Pakistan. But perhaps it's not possible in non-Muslim countries where there is no official body to sight the moon and declare the Eid.

• Veteran Member
32 minutes ago, Marbles said:

This is ridiculous. The better thing to do is to go with the dates in your country of residence. If your country is celebrating Eid, you celebrate it too, as we do in Pakistan. But perhaps it's not possible in non-Muslim countries where there is no official body to sight the moon and declare the Eid.

There is no disagreement on "local sighting" but khamenaie says we can use telescope, thus even in dusty days, the moon will be sighted. Sistani says telescope isn't to be used. Khoi says if it was sighted in Sydney then it is did everywhere else XD

13 hours ago, NooralHussain said:

3 days of Eid, one Eid for each Marjie methodologies <.< They all should quit it and stick to old methods.