Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

27 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Thoughts: Its my birthday tomorrow. brb committing suicide

:byecry:I would have tried to stop you but I know you are a man of your word and NOTHING can change you mind now.

6 minutes ago, starlight said:

:byecry:I would have tried to stop you but I know you are a man of your word and NOTHING can change you mind now.

oh...well...if you are BEGGING me not to, how can i say no to such a noble lady as yourself?

rejoice, shiachatters, my suicide has been delayed! 

43 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

rejoice, shiachatters, my suicide has been delayed! 

Delay it until you complete Nahjul Balagha.......then we'll start Al-Kafi followed by Bihar ul Anwar. You will then cross Nuh (a.s.):D

btw, its already 12 here, so Happy Birthday Big B :)

Short dua for the 24th day of Ramadan with english subtitles:

" O Allah I beseech Thee (to make me do) that which pleases Thee, in this month. I take refuge with Thee from that for which Thou may treat me with contempt. I beseech Thee to arrange my life in such a manner that I obey Thee and never break or tamper with Thy laws, O He who liberally gives abundantly to the beseechers. "

Duas for the last 10 days of Ramadan:

http://www.duas.org/last10ramadhan.htm

Please make dua for each other, Ramadan is almost over, who knows if we will live to take part in this blessed month again :(

On a happier note, happy birthday @DigitalUmmah :)

Edited by IbnSina

On 6/27/2016 at 10:23 PM, magma said:

I feel like a new thread should be made. Don't clog the Thoughts thread with stuff you want people to read one week from now.

On 6/28/2016 at 11:08 PM, Tawheed313 said:

This will be last post on the thoughts forum. I do not want to play any part in hurting the feelings of any members here, or playing a role in ruining an environment where people come to relax, and unwind and discuss random and casual issues.

On 6/29/2016 at 3:09 AM, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Sometimes it seems like people don't want anything to do with religion discussed on this thread.

Agreed wholeheartedly with the Shaykh. 

We need to take our tolerance level up--Remember, not everyone is going to agree all the time, and that's why we have discussions and debates. If we're so adamant about an issue, we should be able to defend ourselves with reasoning--not just dismiss it. 

I think we've all seen some of the most random (and weird) discussions here...so what's wrong with someone bringing up an academic or religious one? or, what defines 'clogging'? (which btw, magma is an awesome mod that I have immense respect for, which is why I'm even quoting him. I'm trying to point out an overall attitude we see here)

Tbh it's not a healthy attitude for a forum...it drives people away and turns this place into a dictatorship where only certain views or discussions are tolerated...

@Sumayyeh  Thank you for your input, but we have specific subforums for different types of discussions and debates. People are welcome to start discussions there.  There is purpose behind making different subforums and it's better if people post in appropriate sections. This is off topic thread, where people come to unwind and are probably not in the mood for any serious discussion. 

@Sumayyeh Also important discussions are likely to be missed by people if they are in the more than a thousand pages of "Thoughts".  It is difficult to read over again what has already been said, and will almost definitely not be read by people who specifically seek out the information.  If the topic is worth more than a quick back and forth, or if it is worth ever reading again, it should get its own thread so it doesn't get buried and will come up in search results.  It isn't a matter of people not wanting to discuss religion in the "Thoughts" topic.  

5 hours ago, starlight said:

Happy birthday @DigitalUmmah  Don't worry I won't make any age related jokes :P 

19 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Delay it until you complete Nahjul Balagha.......then we'll start Al-Kafi followed by Bihar ul Anwar. You will then cross Nuh (a.s.):D

btw, its already 12 here, so Happy Birthday Big B :)

6 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Brb? You are planning to reincarnate?

happy b-day, btw. :grin:

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

On a happier note, happy birthday @DigitalUmmah :)

thanks guys :) Alhamdulillah I dont feel so bad about turning 18 now

Edited by DigitalUmmah

@Tawheed313

Bro if what you are looking for is a Nahj al Balagha style book of the Prophet, check out Nahj al Fasahah. It's a collection of sayings of the Prophet of decent length (dont remember how many pages but I remember it being about as long as nahl al balagha, i may be wrong)

So....SG and DD went up the coast a ways to enjoy the scenery and just hang out together away from the thundering herd around here ( their student  housing ...aka " the Cockroach Carnival and PigSty" is still not ready and they are going to apply for another one  ).

DD called last evening and said they were going to stay up there a couple of days. My husband had an instinctive knee-jerk reaction " What do you mean she is NOT COMING HOME?" while she was on the phone with me. She heard it and laughed. I tapped my wedding ring. My husband said " Oh, sorry...I forgot..." And shuffled off sheepishly.

I think this  is going to be a "process" for her dad. 

59 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

@Tawheed313

Bro if what you are looking for is a Nahj al Balagha style book of the Prophet, check out Nahj al Fasahah. It's a collection of sayings of the Prophet of decent length (dont remember how many pages but I remember it being about as long as nahl al balagha, i may be wrong)

Yes. And it also has an android app. Although not that rich in content like Nahj-ul-Balagha, but it has good amount of ahadith of Holy Prophet (sawa). 

Brother @Tawheed313 take note

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ir.peyambareomid.nahjfesah

Arab woman willing to pay $1.3 million to find suitable husband

For the second year in a row, Arabic press is circulating a story of an anonymous Saudi woman who is ready to pay SR. 5 million ($1,330,000) to find a suitable husband.

The women whose identity is not yet known by the Arabic magazine Roa that published her request. The lady has said applicants can communicate by e-mail or fax their interest. “Applicants should provide their contact number so the woman will contact them in case she agrees on the marriage,” the magazine said.

The only condition the mysterious woman places on suitors is that he must “appreciate marriage life.”

“It does not matter whether the new husband is attracted to my money as the most important thing is that he must appreciate marriage life and marital duties … I am even ready to accept a Misyar marriage which doesn’t require him to live under the same roof and pay him SR five million at once … He will live with me in my villa and must accept all my conditions which I will reveal to him later.”

There is no mention of her name, age or even where she lives in, which has creates ambiguity to the news, especially since this has been reported before.

The women has also indicates that she was previously married but got divorced after she found out that her husband was greedy and after her money. “I made the wrong choice first time … I want to make the right choice now … my main obsession now is to marry… I am desperate to marry,” the woman said.

Misyar marriage is an alternative marital contract where couples can live separately but get together regularly. Women lose nearly all their rights under that kind of marriage and most relations are said not to last.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/04/15/207933.html

I guess that my application got lost in the post

7 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I guess that my application got lost in the post

You clown!

I'm going to make my husband apply and make her his second wife.  I shall then become a lady of leisure with her money.

Edited by lalala123

12 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

If only it were a joke :itsok:

He will live with me in my villa and must accept all my conditions which I will reveal to him later.”

You might have had a lucky escape..........

Edited by lalala123

Guest silasun

Salaams

I'm still alive, and around :) Ramadan mubarak. Nice to see some top legends are still about (Mina has returned finally!).

Thought:

I have finished all my exams now and have started a Gap year. It feels so weird not studying. Seriously,my subjects (pure science and maths) took over my life. One thing that kept me going was the desire to be a successful student, an inspiration instilled by reading about the likes of the greatest scientist that ever lived (perhaps in some ways!), Martyr professor Chamran.

That is a dream which I want to fulfill more than anything else :)

Guest silasun

Another thought:

I keep thinking about how beautiful hearted many of the people here are. May god continue to bless you!

I just wish I could find one human on earth that I can be as kind to as I want, no holding back, without having to worry about them taking it for granted or trying to take advantage of it... they all just hurt you sooner or later :/

12 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

thanks guys :) Alhamdulillah I dont feel so bad about turning 18 now

smile_sarcastic.jpg typo? happy belated DU. Glad you didnt top yourself; if i'd been online when you posted that i would have warned the police in Bradford...or Huddersfield or where ever.

On 6/29/2016 at 5:08 AM, Tawheed313 said:

This will be last post on the thoughts forum.

O behave!

11 hours ago, mina said:

I wish some dreams would never end...

I have a recurring cake shop dream that i feel that way about ermm 4.JPG

Guest silasun

^Ruq, where do you get those legendary emoticons from?

On another note, never over burden yourself with studying (yo, if there are any future "doctor or bust" parents out there then take heed lol). It's not good for you psychologically or socially... these days I am feeling the bad effects of  "pulling the reins on the body till they snap"

Edited by silasun