Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

2 hours ago, magma said:

How's everyone feeling today?

Thirsty.

Just spent an hour and a half running around a field with U18 soccer players for $20. Not worth it.

3 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

12439414_1008291992558158_65227929763360

Now you know why l support Artificial Intelligence.

2 hours ago, magma said:

How's everyone feeling today?

Hungry and Thristy most of the time.

2 hours ago, Naz_ said:

Wow, SC has changed big time o.0

When were you last here?

38 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

When was Iftar ?

After al-Maghreb. See comment on first quote above. <--:grin:

Edited by hasanhh
Couldn't resist 'jabbing' Gaius lulius

Some people have such uncomplicated lives......

School...Uni......work.....marriage....kids........retirement.....grandkids......death

(Sigh)

1 hour ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

Iraqi fighter. ISIS killed her Husband, father and brother so she took the arms as well and fought them till death.

Hey, dont daesh geniuses say that if a women kills them they go straight to hell? I've heard something like that before, sounds like their kind of reasoning.

14 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

13442134_1277985268902803_12540140023191

We have a black cargo bag that we use on our car when traveling because the car is completely full of people, and it looks like we are driving around with a large body strapped to the back. We have named the cargo bag "Uncle Fred".

Short dua for the 16th day of Ramadan with english subtitles:

"O Allah associate me, in this month, with the alliance of the pious, disconnect me from the hegemony of the mischief makers, and through Thy mercy welcome me with open arms in the promised land of secure dwelling, in the name of Thy divinity, O the God of the worlds."

Please remember each other in your duas, subhanAllah half of ramadan is already over, I hope you are all doing well and making the best out of it!

On 1/10/2016 at 0:18 PM, Ali Musaaa :) said:

I will be returning home to the wonderful land of Aus soon, In sha Allah. Please keep me in your duas. Insha'Allah it is a smooth trip home.

@Ali Musaaa :) InshaAllah your Holy Month of Ramadan is spiritually successful. Wherever you are. 

Kitab Al Kafi: [Graded Hasan - Mirat al Uluq]

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Ibn Abu Umeyr, from Hisham Bin Salim, from Abdullah Bin Abu Yafour who said,

‘A man said to Abu Abdullah a.s, ‘By Allah! We tend to seek the world and we love to achieve it’.

So he(a.s) said: ‘What is that which you love to do with it?’

He said, ‘Improve by it upon myself, and upon my family, and maintain relationships with it, andgive in charity with it, and perform Hajj and Umrah’.

So he(a.s) said: ‘This is not seeking the world. This is seeking the Hereafter’.

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن هشام بن سالم ، عن عبد الله بن أبي يعفور قال قال رجل لأبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام والله إنا لنطلب الدنيا ونحب أن نؤتاها فقال تحب أن تصنع بها ما ذا قال أعود بها على نفسي وعيالي وأصل بها وأتصدق بها وأحج وأعتمر فقال عليه‌السلام ليس هذا طلب الدنيا هذا طلب الآخرة

12 hours ago, notme said:

We have a black cargo bag that we use on our car when traveling because the car is completely full of people, and it looks like we are driving around with a large body strapped to the back. We have named the cargo bag "Uncle Fred".

...In honour of the uncle that you killed and who's body you paraded in plain sight?

Edited by Ali_Hussain

23 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

...In honour of the uncle that you killed and who's body you paraded in plain sight?

We just love checking into hotels and having this conversation in the lobby in front of staff and other guests:

Me: "Did you want to bring in Uncle Fred?"

Husband: "I can't carry him by myself, but one of the boys can help."

One of the teenagers will volunteer to help, then I take the little ones and the other teenager to our room while the two of them carry Uncle Fred in, making comments like "What did this guy eat? He's heavy!" And "Watch his head! Mom will be angry if you break it!" "Oh, I dropped his legs!" And so on. The best part, though, is taking Uncle Fred on elevators.

18 hours ago, notme said:

We just love checking into hotels and having this conversation in the lobby in front of staff and other guests:

Me: "Did you want to bring in Uncle Fred?"

Husband: "I can't carry him by myself, but one of the boys can help."

One of the teenagers will volunteer to help, then I take the little ones and the other teenager to our room while the two of them carry Uncle Fred in, making comments like "What did this guy eat? He's heavy!" And "Watch his head! Mom will be angry if you break it!" "Oh, I dropped his legs!" And so on. The best part, though, is taking Uncle Fred on elevators.

:grin: hehehe, i like your dark humour. Your Fred reminds me of a Hitchcock film called 'The Trouble with Harry'.

One of my all-time favourite visual gags is this hearse driving to a church:

[Admin Note: Video pic was removed. View at your own discretion.]

Its from a comedy series known for its dark humour that i was a big fan of back in the day.

Noble Quran: "And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect."

15d2bms.png

Short dua for the 17th day of Ramadan with english subtitles:

" O Allah guide me to do good deeds, in this month; take a favourable decision in the matter of my needs and desires, O He who is such that there is no need to draw His attention by making a request or by giving information, (because) He is aware of that which every human being longs for secretly in his or her heart; send blessing on Muhammad and on his pure and purified children. "

Please remember each other in your duas.

On 6/22/2016 at 6:41 AM, IbnSina said:

Please remember each other in your duas, subhanAllah half of ramadan is already over, I hope you are all doing well and making the best out of it!

I know, half of Ramadan is over, and just like life in general--these moments really fly. Insha'Allah we can make the most of what's left, and really take advantage of the laytul Qadrs. Who knows if we'll be alive to see another Ramadan :( 

My favorite recitation of Dua Iftitah:

48 minutes ago, Sumayyeh said:

Syrian boy tries to protect his sister during air raid

photo_2016-06-23_12-40-05.jpg

The ones performing the Air Raids are Russia, the Syrian Regime primarily. You also have the western backed coalition.

Daesh and the takfiri groups and other less takfiri opposition do not have planes or helicopters. 

Due to Irans support for the syrian regime , takfiri's and secterians have blown it out of proportion, accusing ay.khamanei of being the 'biggest butcher of sunni's ever'.

Edited by Tawheed313

"When making plans, sometimes aiming too high can make one lose target of any goal. When you plan try to make a plan that allows for flexibility - because in life, there are so many external circumstances and situations that can effect you. As all important and big businesses have contingency plans, you need to also have a contingency plan for your important goals, dreams and tasks".

10 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Still looking for a publisher to distribute Islamic books for on Ebay.  Can anyone help me out? 

@Gaius I. Caesar Maybe you should start your own topic. Not everyone reads this Thoughts topic.