Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

12644730_1142428132460667_14927930716727

This is Saudi prince Muhammad bin Nayif visiting the victims of the attack on the Imam al-Rida mosque is al-Ihsa.

I guess that it is still a good gesture, but with the recent problems between the Saudi state and Shias in the region, I would have thought that he is the last person that you would want to see

7 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

12644730_1142428132460667_14927930716727

This is Saudi prince Muhammad bin Nayif visiting the victims of the attack on the Imam al-Rida mosque is al-Ihsa.

I guess that it is still a good gesture, but with the recent problems between the Saudi state and Shias in the region, I would have thought that he is the last person that you would want to see.

I can imagine him recoiling on seeing his face.

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) analysed data from a previous report and found that English teenagers aged 16-19 had the worst literacy levels of developed nations.

The country also had the second worst numeracy levels for this age group.

literacy numeracy

The report also suggested that there may be millions in the UK who “struggle with basic quantitative reasoning or have difficulty with simple written information” and “an estimated nine million working aged adults in England (more than a quarter of adults aged 16-65) with low literacy or numeracy skills or both”.

The OECD report recommends reducing the numbers of those attending university in favour of more further education courses to improve basic skills.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/the-uk-has-one-of-the-lowest-literacy-and-numeracy-rates-in-the-developed-world--bkgu_g4NTg

Those who believe that university is the be all and end all should take a step back and think about what kinds of people are actually attending university (in the uk at least)

Edited by Ali_Hussain

^^^^^ lt is the pinko destruction of Anglo-American ed-you-kay-shon.   :braveheart:

I was appalled at a commercial Saturday. If you have seen it, I am referring to coloring books for adults so they can sooth themselves. For me, this is the same theme, @Ali-Hussein

I we Muslims keep insisting our children get educated and add in some home school we can take-over these people.

On 1/29/2016 at 7:51 PM, Tawheed313 said:

After watching this video, now i understand why Rasullah s.a.w told the ummah to hold fast onto his ahlulbayt a.s

Love of imam Ali a.s does not mean extolling his status and abilities. Love of Ali a.s means to obey him in his commands, to ponder over his words, to form a firm understanding and connection to Allah swt.

The best way to honour Ali a.s is to obey Allah, understand through the words of Rasullah s.a.w and his ahlulbayt a.s who Allah swt is (to our limits ofcourse).

The purpose of rasulla s.a.w and Ali a.s and the remainder of the ahlulbayt a.s, and the previous prophets pbuh were to take us to Allah swt, and not to them. We must look at their behaviour, their actions, form a strong bond and love to the prophets of God and their deputies, but we must make Allah swt our ultimate ends.

Misguidesd is the  one who says 'We are too sinful to have a connection with Allahs swt'.

Our imams a.s in many hadiths which unfortunately, due to the fact we shia's have only recently translated al kafi into english, and unfortunately, the only translation is copyrighted and unavailable free online to the masses like our sunni brothers have of almost all of their books, so i will have to paraphrase the meaning:

The imams a.s and rasullah s.a.w in hadiths tell us that our trust and connection with Allah swt should be even stronger than with them.

My dear brothers and sisters, make not a dua, whether istigatha, tawassul, or directly (do what you feel is right, you will answer for your own selves i am not here to lecture you on this), just make sure somewhere in that dua you atleast remember to mention 'Allah swt' or reference him. The day you make a dua and you have not mentioned or referenced Allah swt in it is a day you ought to reflect on your religion.

23 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

^^^^^ lt is the pinko destruction of Anglo-American ed-you-kay-shon.   :braveheart:

I was appalled at a commercial Saturday. If you have seen it, I am referring to coloring books for adults so they can sooth themselves. For me, this is the same theme, @Ali-Hussein

I we Muslims keep insisting our children get educated and add in some home school we can take-over these people.

hhmm, sorry brother, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, I don't think that colouring books for adults are bad per se - obviously if you see a grown man with a 'spot the dog' colouring book then alarm bells should be ringing - but there are some quite advanced colouring books out there that require a lot of effort and a little bit of skill, if there are proven benefits for the brain and a person finds it soothing, then I don't see the harm in it.  

But as you say, the educational systems in England and America have gone down the toilet, coupled with whatever they are putting in the water, well it is a recipe for disaster.

A half decent level of reading and counting are skills that people should have.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I guess that is why she broke-up the one she had, had an adulteress affair, and then left the kids and ran off with some playboy.

well, i don't really know much about her story so i can't proceed with any comment.

But hey, your focus should be on the sayings... and not the personality.

So I heard from a long lost cousin of mine. Sadly his mother who was one of my favorite aunts is dead. What bothered me was the fact that he proudly showed me pictures of his 6 year old son with his head cut (the qama thing) and his newborn dressed in green and tied up in chains and all that stuff during Moharram. I am at a loss as to how to praise him and say 'aww how cute' when all I feel is disgust at the pictures. 

Somebody help me.

8 minutes ago, apofomysback said:

So I heard from a long lost cousin of mine. Sadly his mother who was one of my favorite aunts is dead. What bothered me was the fact that he proudly showed me pictures of his 6 year old son with his head cut (the qama thing) and his newborn dressed in green and tied up in chains and all that stuff during Moharram. I am at a loss as to how to praise him and say 'aww how cute' when all I feel is disgust at the pictures. 

Somebody help me.

I think that neither praising nor criticising is the way to go, just kind of close your lips, smile a little shake your head, neither up and down, nor side to side, making a sound that is something between a 'bah' and a 'yeah' and then changing the subject is the way to go, maybe a little shrug of the shoulders and the same time.

Ask a question that is a bit random, yet conected to the situation 'wow, how old was he there?' 'wow the lighting is amazing, it must have been a nice day' - that kind of thing.

Works for me when someone lacks the insight to put themselves in your shoes and imagine how the situation looks to you, but there is no point in stating your opinion as it would cause a pointless argument.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

2 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I think that neither praising nor criticsing is the way to go, just kind of close your lips, smile a little shake your head, neither up and down, nor side to side, making a sound that is something between a 'bah' and a 'yeah' and then changing the subject is the way to go, maybe a little shrug of the shoulders and the same time.

Works for me when someone lacks the insight to put themselves in your shoes and imagine how the situation looks to you, but there is no point in stating your opinion as it would cause a pointless argument.

I'm just going to ignore the pictures. This is an exchange over email so yeah, I'll just keep my mouth shut. 

9 hours ago, apofomysback said:

I'm just going to ignore the pictures. This is an exchange over email so yeah, I'll just keep my mouth shut. 

Oh no...:( But he needs to know that the practice of "Tatbir" is wrong.

I hope you'll tell him the truth someday....

2 minutes ago, fatemah kareema said:

Oh no...:( But he needs to know that the practice of "Tatbir" is wrong.

I hope you'll tell him the truth someday....

He is not the sort who'd like hearing that - and he will never agree to it. 

@Ruq Koala Cousin smiles so cute when Wavey Bear tells him "Sweet Dreams" and Koala puts down the phone and goes back to sleep. :) 

53 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Salaam guys, I don't where to post but I feel my imaan slipping away from me right now. Duas would be appreciated right now, kind of in a bad place right now. I am not one to make such posts right now but I don't feel emotionally well and I don't know what to do.

Brother Gaius, read "audhu billahi min ash-shaitanir rajeem" to keep Shaytan away from you. This is a book by Ayatullah Dastghaib RA.  

http://www.al-islam.org/istiadha-seeking-Allah-s-protection-from-satan-ayatullah-dastaghaib-shirazi

55 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Brother Gaius, read "audhu billahi min ash-shaitanir rajeem" to keep Shaytan away from you. This is a book by Ayatullah Dastghaib RA.  

http://www.al-islam.org/istiadha-seeking-Allah-s-protection-from-satan-ayatullah-dastaghaib-shirazi

It is a good book so far but who is Ayatullah Dastaghaib (ra)? Never heard of him until now, l always try make sure to say  "audhu billahi minash-shaitanir rajeem" before I go to bed but lately I have been struggling with certain sins, worries and getting depressed as of late.

^ Praying for you, Gaius. Ayatullah Dastghaib RA was a beloved figure in Iran. He was the jumah prayer leader in Shiraz (after Ayatullah Khomeini RA returned to Iran and the people kicked out the Shah). Ayatullah Dastghaib was martyred during the jumah prayer by Munafiqeen back in the 1980's. He has some books available in English:

http://www.al-islam.org/person/ayatullah-sayyid-abdul-husayn-dastghaib-shirazi