Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

14 hours ago, notme said:

I had to go look at dictionary.com. I used to think I was fairly well read.

^^^ Indubitably

--my High School teacher said this offend.

Edited by hasanhh
Addition about teacher

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:25 PM, magma said:

I got this amazing new pan, its one of the best things I own. Nothing sticks to it at all, and it cooks everything nicely and evenly with perfection. Literally the food just slides onto the plate. No longer do I have to manually remove things stuck to my old pans and go through the whole tedious cleaning process. I've never felt so happy. I never realized stuff like this exists. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:03 PM, Marbles said:

You must live in a world where kitchens do not exist. Because it's been around for ages. It's called nonstick cookware.

:censored: You two are reminding me of when Teflon-non-stick ware first hit the market. I can still partly rememeber the TV commercial.

Dang, if I ain't gettin' old.

20 hours ago, Ruq said:

@Tawheed313 Bro, i try. I even challenge people in YT comments section, which is like stepping into a sewer at times. If you challenged every ignorant comment you saw online you'd be typing 24 hours a day. I do what I can on news sites and try not to be lazy, even though I'm bored stiff of saying similar things over and over again. I can see you have a lot of energy and determination, but let yourself have a break sometimes else you might start to feel overwhelmed.

Dear sister,

Anything anyone can do, from even a single youtube comment a week, to even going on alternative media and seeing counter-narratives, to me, is a step forward.

If i have any kind of fear, it is because have done research into groups who seek to destroy humanity, how motivated they are, how high in number they are.

And i see us all as sheep grazing on a hill , being circled by the wolves, many of us unaware, many of us apathetic, chewing on the grass, looking up at the sky, until and ofcourse, the wolves climb up, and then it's too late.

We need to get involved in political debates, We need representation across the forum. We need further efforts for sunni shia unity, else secteriniam, the potent weapon will destroy the middle east.

I look at the collosal work ay.khamanei (ha) is doing, and he isn't even my marja. I realized how much worse our world would be without his wisdom and guidance. Then to see shia's, arrogant shia's, actually writing articles condemning him, spreading shia-shia intra 'sect' erianism.

Atheists and secularists. Look at how proactive that bunch are. And atheism is he 'fastest' growing religion. And we are content in seeing that happen as a community.

The root of all evil is not hatred. No, i have come to understand the root of all destruction is apathy.

20 hours ago, Ruq said:

@Tawheed313 Bro, i try. I even challenge people in YT comments section, which is like stepping into a sewer at times.

I love "comments section" fights when I'm in the mood for them.

I see it as spreading information...maybe it's the educator in me. My most used comment is probably " I see who fell asleep in  History ( or Civics) class".

It is like fighting in the sewers, though.

Al Kafi

H 313, Ch. 16, h 4 – Graded Sahih

The Imam said,

"There is nothing in the universe, but that is subject to annihilation, alteration, change, decay, transition from one color to another, from one shape to another and from one quality to another. They increase, decrease and change from decrease to increase, except He, Who is the Lord of the worlds. He alone is eternal and in one state. He is the first, before every thing and the last eternally. His attributes and names do not change as they do in the case of others. A man at one time is dust, at other time flesh and blood, then turns into decaying bones and finally becomes dust. A piece of date at one time is raw, at another time ripe, mature and then it dries up. With every change, the names and attributes also change. Allah, the Majestic, the Glorious is different from all such things."

colorful-universe-twitter-background.jpg

Well, my friend asked me about  verse 9:5, turns out she has been debating an atheist spewing the same silliness about Muslims as Donald Trump, saying Muslims are dangerous and a threat to the American way of life. So, I explained the ayah and it's context while thinking to myself "When will the ignorance end?" Plus, I saw what he wrote and it was darn pathetic.

@Tawheed313 Brother, your passion is commendable, though I think that your energy shouldn't be wasted on YouTube comments...maybe through better modes like studying something like political science Or Middle Eastern Studies, and eventually teaching at the college level where you can potentially  reach out to actual students, and not potential trolls if ya know what I mean....Hope you don't mind me giving this humble thought) :)

1 minute ago, Sumayyeh said:

@Tawheed313 Brother, your passion is commendable, though I think that your energy shouldn't be wasted on YouTube comments...maybe through better modes like studying something like political science Or Middle Eastern Studies, and eventually teaching at the college level where you can potentially  reach out to actual students, and not potential trolls if ya know what I mean....Hope you don't mind me giving this humble thought) :)

Dear sister,

I don't comment on youtube. This was in reference to the good work another sister who posted stated she does.

I think the way forward for myself, for you, and for all of us inshAllah is to try and continue in our efforts on shiachat as you are all beautifully doing , as well as to try to use social media, such as twitter and facebook, and also lobby media groups, get involved with making posters and video's, and overcoming media propaganda not by billions of dollars, but by our sheer volume and effort.

I am nothing and my contribution is little. I just fear what is happening to us when on twitter you see secterianism on scales not even i imagined. Imam Khomeini r.a being used on accounts blaming shia's for torturing, raping, humiliating and commiting barbaric acts on sunni's. Extremism is born from that kind of secterianism.

I just fear for us.

I sometimes hate students. So I ask 15 students for missing works from a former year in order to present them for the audit. I send them a polite email and thanking them in advance for their collaboration. Not onky I get no answer, but they go on Facebook to post about what do I mean and what the heck is the university doing.

Can someone explain me why this idiot don't ask me directly. I took not more than 10 seconds to reply any email I received...

Most take for granted no bad consequences come from a subject already passed, but if I prove that a student passed a suvject without the required works/exams, this student may fail a subject technically already approved. This is the case for one srudent already. Idiots, I tell you...

37 minutes ago, Bakir said:

Yeah LCM, precisely the subject one guy failed was the final project. He had no project, yet for whatever error (probably because he stated he was in a group I later proved he wasn't in), he passed. He's gonna have to pay for another year and do his project if he plans on getting a degree.

I wouldn't mind, honestly, to accept him to send me in a few days some sort of poor final project memory to use as a proof he passed the subject, but some students don't even answer the phone. Heck, I even tried to contact him through whatsapp to help him and save him from this tragedy. I have lost my sleep for this idiot. Honestly, I feel no remorse now for this, because he totally deserved to fail, for taking us as idiots, for not having any academic pride, for taking for granted his mark. Let this serve him as a life lesson (and what a lesson it is, 3k€ and a whole acaddmic year more).

Bakir, Bakir, Bakir - calm down. You did your best to save his degree, but if he's going to be an insolent attitude, let him pay the price. Not much you can do there, right? Why lose sleep over someone who doesn't care about his own degree? 

Seriously you should just come to Pakistan to teach :p

Bakir, in our educational system we call what is going to happen to him a " natural consequence". He knew the rules and requirements, he knew what would happen if he didn't do them. All the other students had to do the project to pass. If he ignores the rules, requirements, and your admonitions...there is going to be a natural consequence to his actions. Hopefully he will learn from it, but if he doesn't it is still not your fault. You tried. No more sleep should be lost. It's not like he's going to prison or something. This penalty is reasonably light.

26 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Bakir, in our educational system we call what is going to happen to him a " natural consequence". He knew the rules and requirements, he knew what would happen if he didn't do them. All the other students had to do the project to pass. If he ignores the rules, requirements, and your admonitions...there is going to be a natural consequence to his actions. Hopefully he will learn from it, but if he doesn't it is still not your fault. You tried. No more sleep should be lost. It's not like he's going to prison or something. This penalty is reasonably light.

My point exactly - let him suffer for and learn from his mistakes!

See Bakir - you should listen to two of the coolest mom's on Earth :D

11 hours ago, Ruq said:

Does anyone else eat like a slob when theyre alone? it takes me 5 times longer to finish a meal when i eat with other people.

I think my sis takes 20 times longer and still leaves half the food uneaten.

I, however, leave my humanity at the door when I approach food.

6 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Found some freelance jobs at Fiverr, should be interesting.

Can you let us know how that goes? I've thought of trying fiverr. Don't know what I can do that can be divided into a bunch of small jobs though. I haven't had any success with Guru for e-jobs. I did one job, didn't get paid, and none since.

36 minutes ago, notme said:

Can you let us know how that goes? I've thought of trying fiverr. Don't know what I can do that can be divided into a bunch of small jobs though. I haven't had any success with Guru for e-jobs. I did one job, didn't get paid, and none since.

Okay, will do.