Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Thoughts: At this stage in my temporary life, I'm still somewhat confused about certain things. :'( 

I feel I have definetly grown up and matured. I'm not that 19-20 year year old kid that I was when I first came on this site lol. I have changed for the better. I'm 25 now and am close to or at adulthood. I hope to get married soon. I still may act a little childish here and there lol but I know it's decreasing significantly in me. I guess it's natural. :'( 

This site and account has been with me ever since I graduated high school/entered college. I've met so many good, intelligent, nice, honest, humble, sincere, down to earth people from here. Some of whom I have come to know in real life and outside of this site, they're some of the most nicest, sincerest, kindest people I know. :') 

Most of the people I knew, I think have moved on and left here unfortunately. There's a few still around though who I'll def miss. Which makes this decision a lot harder for me. :'( 

@Al-Mufeed, @Hazyn, @ice unicorn, @Tonks, @Ali Musaaa :), @Brained, @Marbles, @-Enlightened, @Gotham, @Al-Hassan, @Mu3lam, @laithAlIRAQI, @The Batman, @Sapphire, @Durr-e-Najjaf

@Omer2708, @Shia_Debater, @Pinata, @Ibn Al-Ja'abi, @Deewan

Ali F, @PenOfTruth, @hameedeh many many more others. :'( 

I remember I would get so emotional with some of the people mentioned above at times, but even through that, they were so nice. :'( 

I love this website to death so much lol and have done my best to make so many positive contributions throughout my time here. :'( 

I remember all the funny stuff that would go on with Ali F and the mutah threads lool. Grandfather Mufeed talking to us little kids in the chat 24/7. Mu3lam entering the chatroom and MA kicking him out lool. All the gossip and drama. 20 people daily in the chat lol. So many good memories. :'))

But everyone's gone now and I have to move on with my life too. :'( 

I have given all I can to this website and done my best. To those who I hurt or offended in anyway, again I am deeply sorry. I hope you will forgive me for anything I may have said. :'( 

I have to move on. I can't do this anymore. It's too much. I have to get a life lol. 

Take care Shiachatters and thanks so much for everything. :'))

Regards

-Asad_127

16 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

Oh I see... Well sorry didnt mean any disrespect but i came across a number of subcontinent people who used to pronounce it that way and they were Muslims.

No, that's okay. Some Muslims who live in areas dominated by Hindi and its dialects also pronounce it that way. But these words are alien to Hindi. They are borrowings from Urdu which borrowed it from Middle Eastern languages esp Farsi.

Hindi and its dialects don't have the letter Z. They have solved the problem by putting a dot underneath J, which works as Z. They could use native Sanskrit words but most of those words are obsolete and sound unnatural in day to day speech.

10 hours ago, magma said:

I told you its more than just "non stick" - every pan claims that nowadays, but this is an entire cooking experience. The pancakes I made today were incredibly smooth and flat, I couldn't believe it.

I like my good old fashioned cast iron. It gets better the longer you use it, and I've been using mine since before some members of this site were born.

What makes this nonstick different from typical teflon?

1 minute ago, notme said:

I like my good old fashioned cast iron. It gets better the longer you use it, and I've been using mine since before some members of this site were born.

Does your cast iron pan make food fly?

59 minutes ago, notme said:

+1 for keeping obsolete things alive

There are people online, from secterian individuals to those who care about neither sunni's nor shias, but have their own selfish geopolitical socio-religious goals, who are spreading propaganda, lies, and causing mass destabalization of countries through soft power.

What is softpower? Media propaganda. Going on twitter, posting on a forum, etc.

This is becoming DEADLY in the wake of events in syria.

I say to everyone of you and to myself, if you are able, if there are not major issues in your life that put you at a state you can not comfortably help, you should - i am not saying it is- but you should consider it an OBLIGATION to do something.

If we just sit by and allow chaos to occur, we will suffer and our children will suffer and humanithy will suffer.

Apathy is not an option.

We need to each do our part against propaganda. We are each obligated, in some way, to learn about news, and events, and become aquianted.

Each and every one of us has got to do something to dampen secterianism, lies, propaganda, hostility.

Sitting by the side and letting your life simply dance by and doing nothing about it surely is absolutely and utterly unethical.

In my personal opinion, you can not be praying for imam Mahdi a.s with your lips, and standing by the way side when mass propaganda is disseminated, secterianism and hostility is on the rise, and you do absolutely nothing, not even informing yourself, about these issues.

I speak this message solemnly, and i pitch it firmly to myself first, before others.

We are vastly out numbered and we need to start making every single one of us count.

Edited by Tawheed313

^^ am I included in this description:

1 hour ago, Tawheed313 said:

There are people online, from secterian individuals to those who care about neither sunni's nor shias, but have their own selfish geopolitical socio-religious goals, who are spreading propaganda, lies, and causing mass destabalization of countries through soft power.

4 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

^^ am I included in this description:

Not you, this is bigger than any one user.

DATE - DECEMBER 13TH, 2006. FIVE YEARS BEFORE SYRIAN PROTESTS!

From wikileaks - an authentic US leaked file (these are legitimate, and not forged) : https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06DAMASCUS5399_a.html

"Possible action: -- PLAY ON SUNNI FEARS OF IRANIAN INFLUENCE: There are fears in Syria that the Iranians are active in both Shia proselytizing and conversion of, mostly poor, Sunnis. Though often exaggerated, such fears reflect an element of the Sunni community in Syria that is increasingly upset by and focused on the spread of Iranian influence in their country through activities ranging from mosque construction to business. Both the local Egyptian and Saudi missions here, (as well as prominent Syrian Sunni religious leaders), are giving increasing attention to the matter and we should coordinate more closely with their governments on ways to better publicize and focus regional attention on the issue."

" ENCOURAGE RUMORS AND SIGNALS OF EXTERNAL PLOTTING: The regime is intensely sensitive to rumors about coup-plotting and restlessness in the security services and military. Regional allies like Egypt and Saudi Arabia should be encouraged to meet with figures like Khaddam and Rif,at Asad as a way of sending such signals, with appropriate leaking of the meetings afterwards. This again touches on this insular regime,s paranoia and increases the possibility of a self-defeating over-reaction. "

SHIA-SUNNAH.jpg

Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 - Patience
1704–12. Abū ‘Alī al-Ash‘arī (–) al-Ḥasan ibn ‘Alī al-Kūfī (–) al- ‘Abbãs ibn ‘Ãmir (–) al-‘Arzamī that Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s.) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said: 'The time will come (soon) for people that a kingdom would not be achieved except by murder and insolence, and wealth would not be obtained except by usurpation and greedy. Also, love would not be attained except by taking out the religion (from one's self) and following carnal desire. So, he who comes to live in that time and endured poverty though he is able to obtain wealth; and endure the enmity (of people) though he is able to attract their love, and endure humility though he is able to achieve dignity, Allãh will grant him the reward of fifty honest persons who truly attested me.'
Saheeh

"And We made a people, considered weak (and of no account), inheritors of lands in both East and West-lands whereon We sent down Our blessings. The fair promise of your Lord was fulfilled for the Children of Israel, because they had patience and constancy, and We leveled to the ground the great works and fine buildings which Pharaoh and his people erected (with such pride). "
[7: Al-Araf-137]

"We do not have any reason why we should not put our trust on Allah. Indeed He has guided Us to the Ways we (follow). We shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. For those who put their trust should put their trust on Allah."
[14: Ibrahim-12]

12 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

@magma

Bro are you talking about those space-age skillets they advertise on television? The green ones that they show the guy cooking an egg without any oil?

No joke mine is actually green.

The noble character of Muhammed s.a.w

"Muslims should treat each other with affection and compassion and without the slightest indifference. A Muslim must not be indifferent to another Muslim who is suffering from a particular problem. One of the great things that the Holy Prophet (S) did was that he created a sense of support, compassion, sympathy and reciprocal affection among Muslims. The Holy Prophet (S) would try his best to prevent Muslims from having spite and malevolence against each other in the Islamic community. That is to say, by relying on his wisdom and patience, the Holy Prophet (S) tried to create enjoyable and wholesome conditions that were imbued with affection."

Ayatullah Khamanei (ha): http://www.al-islam.org/lessons-from...ophets-s-wives

islam_unity_shia_sunni_by_karentolo-d891

11 hours ago, apofomysback said:

wow..the feeling that someone named their daughter after you is just..i don't know..wow..

thank you...this means so much to me..

Awwww...congrats! Someone did that with me,too. Was so nice.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

The choice is ours brothers and sisters. Will we simply look at events worldwide and do nothing - not even social media efforts about them?

If so, let us take us and our apathy to hell - the hell we will allow to be created by living among evil and corrupt rulers.

9f60da81dc71655522f145adc02d8381.jpg

apathy
ˈapəθi/
noun
noun: apathy
  1. lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
    "widespread apathy among students"
    synonyms: indifference, lack of interest, lack of enthusiasm, lack of concern, unconcern, uninterestedness, unresponsiveness, impassivity, passivity, passiveness, detachment, dispassion, dispassionateness, lack of involvement, phlegm, coolness; More
    listlessness, lethargy, languor, lassitude, torpor;
    rareacedia, mopery
    "there were reports of widespread apathy amongst the electorate"

You know what the problem is Tawheed313? People use the syria conflict to resolve their idenity crisis by picking a side and not really caring what actually happens.  Discussing it with them has no point, because for them its nothing more than just a myth of good versus evil  to give their empy existence meaning. And not an actual complex conflict where people die.

Unless you have some suggestions for constructive methods to approach this , I doubt there is any way to change some of these idiots.

Edited by CaptainGalaxy

@Tawheed313 Bro, i try. I even challenge people in YT comments section, which is like stepping into a sewer at times. If you challenged every ignorant comment you saw online you'd be typing 24 hours a day. I do what I can on news sites and try not to be lazy, even though I'm bored stiff of saying similar things over and over again. I can see you have a lot of energy and determination, but let yourself have a break sometimes else you might start to feel overwhelmed.

18 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

A relative?:cool:

lol no, my relatives are..umm.. let's just say i have nothing good to say about them :D

this is an old friend of mine from back in college. i heard from him yesterday after 6 years and he has a daughter named Zainab after me lol. i laugh out each time i think of it!

8 minutes ago, notme said:

My children are weird. My baby son was playing with the cat with a string. The cat was pulling the string and the baby was chasing. 

I don't know how old your baby is, but my younger one who will turn 2 in  April still does that with the cats....

8 minutes ago, apofomysback said:

lol no, my relatives are..umm.. let's just say i have nothing good to say about them :D

this is an old friend of mine from back in college. i heard from him yesterday after 6 years and he has a daughter named Zainab after me lol. i laugh out each time i think of it!

A friend from college did the same with me. Lol!

9 minutes ago, notme said:

And you know those child proofing electrical outlet covers? One of his favorite activities is removing them. 

Your children and baby sound great!

my kids would do the same with the electrical outlet covers. Then put them in their mouths...where they became a choking hazard.

1 minute ago, apofomysback said:

I don't know how old your baby is, but my younger one who will turn 2 in  April still does that with the cats....

10 months. It was the funniest thing I've seen all day.

6 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

My newsfeed said a Shia neighborhood was attacked by suicide bombers in Iraq. ISIS claims it. 

Thanks LCM...

makes me think about how much press this is getting as compared to Paris attacks (not to downplay on the atrocity that happened there) but what about other people? :(