Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, apofomysback said:

Just 8:30 a.m. and I already have an unbearable migraine

Light's out in the room, silence around the house, but the pain is terrible

Apo, a.k.a. Margaret Hamilton, you complain about migraines a lot. A good friend of my sister did the same. Did you try a doctor? I know there are some self-diagnoses that can help on the Internet -Sometimes these help.

I used to get these serious headaches -for a few years- and later learned from a MD that these were from hypoglycemia/plasma glycogen, which is why I only had them at a certain age. Low and unstable blood sugar is a hassle. If aspirin does not do any good or makes them worse, this is an indicator for low sugar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Apo, a.k.a. Margaret Hamilton, you complain about migraines a lot. A good friend of my sister did the same. Did you try a doctor? I know there are some self-diagnoses that can help on the Internet -Sometimes these help.

I used to get these serious headaches -for a few years- and later learned from a MD that these were from hypoglycemia/plasma glycogen, which is why I only had them at a certain age. Low and unstable blood sugar is a hassle. If aspirin does not do any good or makes them worse, this is an indicator for low sugar.

I haven't been to a doctor about my migraine in a long time tbh - i've been bombarded by ailments for a while now and i've been more focused on them. sigh, think i'll visit a doctor soon :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mina said:

 I can only edit or delete my posts without a quote...as soon as I quote I cant edit or delete anymore.

The upgrade seems to be incompatible with some browsers. I have various issues with Firefox, for example my spacing button doesn't work. It's fine with other browsers. But I'm unable to log out from Chrome, however much I try. It keeps me logged in. 

How can you delete your post? The feature has been disabled for long.

Also, I can edit my old posts whenever I want. The one-hour policy doesn't seem to apply to my account. But it's been so before the upgrade. Maybe having thousands of post gives me the privilege? I don't know.

It's all so arbitrary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marbles ,I meant that I can only delete my text if I don't quote.With a quote in the reply box it's not possible to correct typos,delete the quote or anything.I will try different browsers as u suggested, thank u.Happy new year inshallah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marbles said:

The upgrade seems to be incompatible with some browsers. I have various issues with Firefox, for example my spacing button doesn't work. It's fine with other browsers. But I'm unable to log out from Chrome, however much I try. It keeps me logged in. 

How can you delete your post? The feature has been disabled for long.

Also, I can edit my old posts whenever I want. The one-hour policy doesn't seem to apply to my account. But it's been so before the upgrade. Maybe having thousands of post gives me the privilege? I don't know.

It's all so arbitrary.

I use Chrome too, and I have the opposite problem!

It automatically logs me out frequently...just when I've typed a really good post too....the eternal edit perk sounds nice though....I have limited edit times as well.

It's the next day, and I still can't give Likes :( 

@mina 30 likes a day?! That's like nothing...omg....that doesn't sound right...

Are there even supposed to be a limit on likes...??? Freedom of expression????

Edited by Sumayyeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mina said:

60? Lucky u,I have only 30...it feels like 30.That's annoyong...annoying i mean. And even more annoying is that i can't edit typos when i quote someone.

Wish u all a blessed day.

There should be a 'like' bank so those of us who dont use all our allotted likes can donate to others who've run out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

What? Please use your writing skills to stop them!

It was on the news today that 3-5 women have gone off to Syria to join Daesh together with their kids - their husbands apparently know nothing and filed missing cases with the local police.

There was also this bit about that isis leader being in touch with people in Pakistan - God knows how true that is. 

It's a scary thought though if I may say so :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, apofomysback said:

It was on the news today that 3-5 women have gone off to Syria to join Daesh together with their kids - their husbands apparently know nothing and filed missing cases with the local police.

There was also this bit about that isis leader being in touch with people in Pakistan - God knows how true that is. 

It's a scary thought though if I may say so :/

eww. Married women? What dose she think she will become there? And their children?

What do these people eat?

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

eww. Married women? What dose she think she will become there? And their children?

What do these people eat?

they said one of the kids is a 14 year old daughter - the mother was a madresseh teacher. i cannot imagine what they are going to do to the kids. the women are aged between 30 and 40.

sigh...this is saddening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apofomysback said:

So now there are Pakistani women and children joining Daesh too? 

what's wrong with these people?

I'll bite the bullet and offer a Freudian theory.

These "jihadi brides" are basically responding to a powerful external stimulus for erotic release, without compromising the received morality. You can map patterns of this twisted psychology by comparing subjects' personal circumstances where they are known. There is almost always something wrong that seeks a quick fix. Jihad and extremist ideology are just triggers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marbles said:

I'm unable to log out from Chrome, however much I try. It keeps me logged in. 

I had that problem, not being able to log out from Google Chrome. The video shows how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kJvSmlLC28

The video is old, though. Here is the image of the things that I cleared. So clear your cache, close the browser, re-open and sign in again.    

56858f190f4c3_Chromeclearbrowsingdata.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hameedeh said:

I had that problem, not being able to log out from Google Chrome. The video shows how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kJvSmlLC28

The video is old, though. Here is the image of the things that I cleared. So clear your cache, close the browser, re-open and sign in again.    

56858f190f4c3_Chromeclearbrowsingdata.jp

Thank you.

I have done that already. Still can't log out.

It's weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Thank you.

I have done that already. Still can't log out.

It's weird.

That same thing is happening to me, I also cleared everything. No solution found yet :(

Edited by StarryNight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hameedeh said:

 I had that problem, not being able to log out from Google Chrome. The video shows how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kJvSmlLC28

The video is old, though. Here is the image of the things that I cleared. So clear your cache, close the browser, re-open and sign in again.    

56858f190f4c3_Chromeclearbrowsingdata.jp

And Marbles ... 

Obviously, ShiaChat being the 47,000 then the 50,000 as testified before the Congress in NSA people following numbers, these Internet problems are

a Communist-inside-the-Surveillance-Industry plot

Be Paranoid. Very Paranoid.

Edited by hasanhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sleeep sleeeep I want to sleep I want some peace I want rest my mind and eyes

noises noises every where noises. They sleep in the quiteness then wake up and make noises , one after another non stop noises

 

when asked to give me a Brea they frown ...tears drop... They frown ...

one day when I die and go to heaven - or hell- I'll ask Allah to give me one eternal thing .... Quiet place to sleep in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I'm guessing that this guy is a soolsooli (?) but he's still kind of funny (sorry Baradar)

Sosooli.  Bro--get it right! You have to watch the comedy act below--the guy's half Persian half African American...Happy New Year's :party:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

And Marbles ... 

Obviously, ShiaChat being the 47,000 then the 50,000 as testified before the Congress in NSA people following numbers, these Internet problems are

a Communist-inside-the-Surveillance-Industry plot

Be Paranoid. Very Paranoid.

Seriously man, cut down on this kind of creepy talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...