Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Al-Hassan said:

I kindly request Mu'mineen here to remember two of my cousins and their father in their Du'as who were involved in a car accident last night in Iraq. My aunts in Iraq contacted my mother a couple of hours ago to tell her that all three have been hospitalized since last night and are in unstable conditions. The father's name is Hayder and the name of the boys are Mujtaba(22) and Zayd(16), please please mention their names in your Du'as for their full recovery.

I pray for a fast and easy recovery iA. My best wishes.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Al-Hassan said:

I kindly request Mu'mineen here to remember two of my cousins and their father in their Du'as who were involved in a car accident last night in Iraq. My aunts in Iraq contacted my mother a couple of hours ago to tell her that all three have been hospitalized since last night and are in unstable conditions. The father's name is Hayder and the name of the boys are Mujtaba(22) and Zayd(16), please please mention their names in your Du'as for their full recovery.

They're in my prayers

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Bakir said:

Lol, I identify with the later but I'm not conservative when there is no reason to stick to certain traditions and customs. What would I be in your opinion? XD! (The Joker?)

Twin jokers then. I just lost my self-identity :(

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, The Batman said:

A rainbow liberal is what most liberals are. It is a person who is very emotional and wants to see progressive values in societies based on his or her emotions. Usually they see something on TV or on the Internet, and just by looking at a few pictures or a video clip, they have made up their mind without researching. For example, a rainbow liberal watches a video on YouTube of a group of people crying about how they're being unfairly treated, the rainbow liberal is instantly touched by this moment that he or she instantly develop an opinion based on this video alone.

To meet a 'pure' liberal like Marbles, is rare. These types of liberals believe that progression in society is good because society needs to move on from old traditions and become accustomed to this new age. These types of liberals are not as emotional, they are slightly a little less conservative than the rainbow liberals, and they believe in some form of morality. 

I'm glad you think I had all my life experiences on You-Tube.

image.jpg

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, mina said:

Humans are capable of achieving great ranks but are they really doing everything to reach those high ranks?

There are plenty of ayat stating that most humans don't understand and are jahil.

Sister, I have no time for word games. There is a difference between the ignorant and the stupid.

• Veteran Member
16 hours ago, mina said:

I don't know about the stupidity levels of mankind but ...

most are ignorant or uninformed which both is a disgrace and according to Imam Ali (as) the worst form of poverty.

Need your duas dear brothers and sisters.May Allah reward you.

Assalamallikum Uhty,

Your beginning, isolated, immediately reminded me of something my Father use to say which I can remember as early as elementary school:

"You will never believe just how ___ stupid people can be." 

Then he a couple of times he had an addition that went: No matter how old you get, you will still always be "surprised" at what  people do or say that's 'really, unbelievably stupid'. Things you could never think of yourself.

He was -and is-  correct.

A pre-school example that I happened to remember yesterday, I was about 4 and a program was on TV showing men putting needles through their bodies in eastern Turkey. I was on the floor and turned around to look at my Dad and he said, "There are a lot of crazy people in the World", [which I can remember exactly]. About 20 years ago, I learned this is a Sufi order of some kind.

• Development Team

You're a seventeen year old boy, yes, I appreciate your knowledge on hadith but you know nothing. I know, I was seventeen and knew nothing. Quit acting like you have life figured out. I'm 22 years old and I am still trying to learn about life, insha'Allah. Yes, historically boys became men around 13-16 years old. However mate, have you taken a good look at our generation? We're a bunch of irresponsible and dreadfully naive hooligans who still think Mummy and Daddy will hold our hand and bail us out when the going gets tough. Yes, I know you want be a man, but let's face it: You ain't a man...yet, insha'Allah, soon but not now, Ibrahim.

I only say this because I care about you, Batman.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, The Batman said:

Sister, I have no time for word ga mes. There is a difference between the ignorant and the stupid.

I suggest to read up the different words and their meanings in the holy Qu'ran about, blindness,being dumb,jahil,aql,fikr,fiqh and ayats which speak about most of the humans who act against what makes sense and therefore cannot perceive the truth anymore.

It's not enough to have knowledge one has to apply it and that's what most ppl fail in....to reason and reflect.That's what the Qur'an states.

There also lots of verses about arrogance and that ppl think they are special and consider themselves smart although they are not.

So we have the arrogant who think they are smart and the ppl lacking use of aql...those make up most of the population.Only very few persons reach really high ranks and see the truth...some are in between but most won't understand.

Edited by mina
  • Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

stupid definition = lacking intelligence or common sense

jahil definition = lacking knowledge

Its a rude word anyway. I never use it, being a very holy man of super evolved ikhlaqs. ^^^

Most ppl don't use their common sense...so having it but not using it is of no value.

What's the point of having a Ferrari but not being able to drive?

• Veteran Member
17 minutes ago, mina said:

Most ppl don't use their common sense...so having it but not using it is of no value.

What's the point of having a Ferrari but not being able to drive?

"Most people don't use common sense" or "Most people are stupid" are not scholarly sentences for a human being to exchange for the purpose of meaningful discussion. We can not think or judge about others with absolute generalizations. We should also not assume or entertain conjecture about things we have no knowledge of imho.

• Advanced Member

Congratulations, everyone, on the birth anniversaries of our most beloved Prophet Muhammad (a) and his son and successor, Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (a). May Allah grant you your pure du'as, may He have mercy upon all of us, guide us on His path and help those in need.

Allahumma salli ala Muhammad wa Aali Muhammad.SUVcwMU.jpg

D1zzr1y.png

Edited by Noor al Batul
  • Advanced Member

Most ppl doesn't mean all ppl...so it's not an absolute generalization and the state the world is in prooves my point.

There are not even 313 proper aql using persons in the world...Imam Mahdi af doesn't come bcoz we are busy with justifying our ignorance towards worlds' affairs.

And I repeat,what I wrote as a reply to The Batman are not my words.Qur'an says so.

ofc when talking to ppl we shouldn't act arrogantly but it's important to acknowledge the poor state of our souls and name them.I remember a speech of Sayyed Hassan where he says that muslims are acting without aql and he is right.It's not helpful for the future progress of humanity to deny the insufficient state of mind humans are in.And Allah awj repeats it in the Qur'an because humans fail to see their own faults and lacks of reasoning bcoz of our nafs.

• Veteran Member
11 minutes ago, mina said:

Most ppl doesn't mean all ppl...so it's not an absolute generalization and the state the world is in prooves my point.

There are not even 313 proper aql using persons in the world...Imam Mahdi af doesn't come bcoz we are busy with justifying our ignorance towards worlds' affairs.

And I repeat,what I wrote as a reply to The Batman are not my words.Qur'an says so.

ofc when talking to ppl we shouldn't act arrogantly but it's important to acknowledge the poor state of our souls and name them.I remember a speech of Sayyed Hassan where he says that muslims are acting without aql and he is right.It's not helpful for the future progress of humanity to deny the insufficient state of mind humans are in.And Allah awj repeats it in the Qur'an because humans fail to see their own faults and lacks of reasoning bcoz of our nafs.

First, if those who do not obey Allah are not listening to Allah, their Creator, and not listening to the Prophets and Imams, then what drives you to concern and makes you think they will listen to you. If you are not one of the 313 and don't see anyone of the 313, then what is stopping you from becoming qualified enough to be one of them?

Second, its common knowledge that human beings make mistakes and sin. There is no one free of sin or perfect. To err is only human. There is nothing meant to be shocking about that. The Imam and Jesus will come when God determines that they should reappear. No need to stress over things beyond our control. Instead of pointing outwards we should all look to our own, inner selves imho. For within each of us is a gray area, tiny or large, full of all the things we find and hate in others.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, mina said:

I suggest to read up the different words and their meanings in the holy Qu'ran about, blindness,being dumb,jahil,aql,fikr,fiqh and ayats which speak about most of the humans who act against what makes sense and therefore cannot perceive the truth anymore.

It's not enough to have knowledge one has to apply it and that's what most ppl fail in....to reason and reflect.That's what the Qur'an states.

There also lots of verses about arrogance and that ppl think they are special and consider themselves smart although they are not.

So we have the arrogant who think they are smart and the ppl lacking use of aql...those make up most of the population.Only very few persons reach really high ranks and see the truth...some are in between but most won't understand.

This has got nothing to do with what I was saying sister, honestly. What I am saying is people are not stupid inherently, they choose to be stupid. The door for guidance is open for the one who wishes to search for the truth. Others are simply ignorant of the truth. 

• Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, apofomysback said:

NEVERRRRRRRRR

Well, not literally. But it is possible that you have some sort of allergy or hypersensitive airways. You keep having these runny nose, flue like state. It is possible that if you quit smoking, made cats live outdoor, and reduced the amount of any smoke or vapour or odour (be it good or bad) or dust or whatever that flies in air like fur and feathers...Then sneezing will be less, the green substance in your sinuses will be less and that's how you will get less headaches.

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

Well, not literally. But it is possible that you have some sort of allergy or hypersensitive airways. You keep having these runny nose, flue like state. It is possible that if you quit smoking, made cats live outdoor, and reduced the amount of any smoke or vapour or odour (be it good or bad) or dust or whatever that flies in air like fur and feathers...Then sneezing will be less, the green substance in your sinuses will be less and that's how you will get less headaches.

I'd be dead if i do all that anyway. i mean, what's life without my cats? nothing..its just a void..who would i talk to if not my cats? they're life-savers and need so much more appreciation :(

@Bakir would you agree?